SVVU MFSc & PhD Admission 2017 – Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University has released notification for admission into M.F.Sc and Ph.D (Aquaculture) Course in Fishery Sciences for the academic year 2017-2018 through Entrance Test which will be conducted by SVVU at given schedule. Interested and eligible candidates have to fill their Application form online. Candidates can check all the details like Application process, eligibility criteria and other information from this page below.
Latest – SVVU M.F.Sc & Ph.D 2017 Result has been announced, Check it through the link below.
SVVU MFSc & PhD Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to fill the application form as per schedule date. Admission to MFSc and Ph.D course will be made on the basis of Marks obtained in the Entrance Test which will be held in the month of August 2017.
Schedule for SVVU M.F.Sc & Ph.D Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for receipt of Applications||31 Jul 2017|
|Hall Ticket available||07 Aug to 08 Aug 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||09 Aug 2017|
|Date of Result||17 Aug 2017|
|Date of Interview||22 Aug 2017|
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) has announced result of M.F.Sc and Ph.D exam held on 09 Aug 2017. Candidates can check the merit list from the official website or through the direct link which has been provided below.
- M.F.Sc Result – Check Here
All the qualified candidates have to appear for counselling scheduled on 22 Aug 2017 at 10.30 A.M in Conference Hall Dr. Y.S.R Bhavan, SVVU, Tirupati.
- Ph.D Result – Check Here
All the qualified candidates are requested to attend the interview on 22 Aug 2017 at 11.00 AM at Administrative office, Dr. Y.S.R Bhavan, SVVU, Tirupati.
Note : Individual intimations will not be sent regarding counselling or Interview.
The applications shall be downloaded from www.svvu.edu.in. The downloaded and duly filled in application along with attested copies of required certificates and copy of the counterfoil of Registration fee paid @ Rs. 1,000/- / @ Rs. 500/- in case of SC/ST/PH through online preferably in Andhra Bank / any Nationalized Bank favoring Comptroller, SVVU, Payable at Andhra Bank, Thummalagunta Branch, Tirupati Account No. 209810100016530, I.F.Sc. Code ANDB0002098 having UTR No. / Transaction I.D. should reach the Registrar, SVVU, Administrative Office, Dr.Y.S.R.Bhavan, Tirupati – 517 502 on or before 31.07.2017 by 4.00 p.m. either in person or by Registered Post with Acknowledgement due. Application received after this due date will summarily be rejected. Candidates who are in employment should send their applications through proper channel. The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
Download Application Form here:-
Those already employed must send the applications through their employer so as to reach on or before the last date prescribed. However, they may send advance copies of applications with certificates to avoid delay in forwarding of applications by the employer.
For M.F.Sc Course
- Candidates seeking admission into any of the following Master’s Degree courses must have passed the relevant Bachelor’s Degree examination specified against each course from Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University /ANGR Agricultural University or an institution accreditated by ICAR.
Course Qualification M.F.Sc B.F.Sc of 4 years duration from state Agricultural Universities
- In the above qualifying examination, the candidates must have secured minimum OGPA of 6.00/10.00 for General category (for SC/ST/PH-5.00/10.00) or 2.50/4.00 for General category (2.00/4.00 in case of SC/ST/PH ) or 60% marks in traditional system (for SC/ST/PH-55%).
- Only residents of AP /Telangana are eligible for admission except in case of ICAR Quota.
- Candidates with PG qualification are eligible for admission into second PG programme but such candidates are not eligible for stipend. Candidates who are already prosecuting MFSc are eligible to apply for PG admission in another discipline, but stipend paid with interest will be recovered and his/her earlier admission shall stands cancelled irrespective of stage of standing. However such candidates are eligible for stipend in fresh course.
Age: The upper age limit is 40 years as on 01-07-2017
For Ph.D Course
- Master of Fishery Science(MFSc) or an equivalent examination from SVVU/ANGRAU or from an institution accredited by ICAR in the concerned field of specialization with at least 70% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 2.7 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 6.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system. In the case of SC, ST and PH candidates, 60% marks in the aggregate under traditional system in Master of Fishery Science under traditional system or OGPA of 2.5 out of 4.00 or 6.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient. The Basic Degree i.e. B.F.Sc. is essential.
- The candidates awaiting final thesis viva voce result may apply. But they have to produce provisional certificate on or before the date of entrance examination failing which they shall not be allowed for entrance examination.
For admission into Ph.D in the following specialization in Fishery Science, candidates who posses M.F.Sc. in the major fields specified against that are also eligible.
|Major field in Ph.D||M.FSc Qualification in|
Age: The upper age limit is 50 years as on 01-07-2017 including ICAR senior Research fellowship holders.
Reservation of Seats
For M.F.Sc Course
- Reservation for Local & Non-Local candidates: Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to different local areas of the state shall be as per rules.
- Reservation for S.C, S.T and B.C. candidates: 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats in each course of study shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and BC respectively as per the existing Government rules.
- Differently Abled candidates: 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates as per the Government norms.
- Reservation for women: 1/3rd of the total seats shall be reserved for women. If no female candidate is available it will be filled up by male candidate. A combined roster will be maintained.
Note: As it is not possible to represent all social groups/local areas in a single discipline, in courses with more than one major field, candidates belonging to different social groups shall be distributed in different major fields of study available in such courses. (Reservation for Muslim candidates shall be as per the norms of the AP State Govt.).
For Ph.D Course
- For S.C/ S.T & B.C candidates 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes respectively.
- For Physically challenged candidates 3% seats are reserved as per the Govt. norms.
- For Women: 1/3rd of the total seats shall be reserved for women. If no lady candidate is available it will be filled up by men.
- Provided that the rule of reservation shall be so implemented that the first candidate in the merit list of any major field of discipline shall not be denied a seat. Provided further that the above provision shall not be applicable in making admission to a major field or discipline in which there is only one seat.
In case of disciplines with more than 3 seats, 85% of seats after excluding those reserved for candidates from other states, shall be reserved in favour of candidates belonging to Andhra University/ Sri Venkateswara University, local areas in the ratio of 66:34 respectively. (Vide AP Educational institution (Regulation of Admissions) order, 1974 amended from time to time).
For M.F.Sc Course
The selection of the candidates shall be based on the previous academic record i.e. B.F.Sc and performance in PG Entrance examination (70%).The entrance test shall be comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the degree requirements of this University as per ICAR guidelines. The Entrance Examination paper contains only 200 multiple choice questions. The candidates have to mark answers by darkening circles on OMR sheet. The candidates getting 40% or more marks in entrance test only are eligible for admission. However, in case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no minimum qualifying marks and candidates are admitted to the extent of seats reserved for them. SC/ST/PH candidates claiming seats under general category have to obtain at least 40% marks in the entrance test.
Note: In case of a tie, marks secured in Entrance test, OGPA of BFSc and finally date of Birth in that order elder candidates shall be considered to break the tie.
The candidates applying for admission should appear for Entrance Test at their own expenses.
Information about the qualified candidates in entrance test will be displayed on University website www.svvu.edu.in on 17-8-2017. Counseling for qualified candidates shall be held on 22-8-2017_from 10.30 AM at Conference hall, Administrative Office, SVVU, Tirupati. Sliding option can be exercised only once by any candidate. The qualified candidates are advised to come prepared to stay one more day i.e 23-8-2017. Selected candidates shall have to produce all necessary original Certificates including those of educational qualifications, pay fees and register the courses at the concerned college(to which they are allotted) by the prescribed date. Failure to do so entails forfeiture of claim for seat.
For Ph.D Course
The Weightage of marks will be as follows:
- Entrance Test : 50
- M.F.Sc level : 20
- B.F.Sc level : 10
- Interview performance : 20
The qualifying marks in the entrance test shall be 50%. In case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no qualifying marks to the extent of seats reserved for them. The entrance test shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions covering Post graduate courses listed in respective discipline with 500 series. The candidates have to mark answers by darkening circles on OMR sheets.
The Candidates applying for admission should appear for Entrance test at their own expenses.
Information about the qualifying candidates in entrance test will be displayed on University website www.svvu.edu.in on 29 Oct 2016. Counseling for qualified candidates shall be held on 02 Nov 2016 from 10.30 AM at Conference hall, Administrative Office, SVVU, Tirupati. Selected candidates shall have to produce all necessary original Certificates including those of educational qualifications, pay fees and register the courses at College of Fishery Science, Muthukur by the prescribed date. Failure to do so entails forfeiture of claim for seat.
In case of a tie, the candidates who secured higher marks at M.F.Sc level shall be preferred. In case of a further tie, the marks obtained at B.F.Sc level shall be considered. For further tie breaking, date of birth shall be considered and older candidates shall be preferred.
Selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D courses shall be made by a Selection Committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The candidates who are eligible for admission to the course should appear for entrance test and interview before selection committee at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati at their own expenses.
For more detail candidates can download Information Brochure from the following links:-