SVVU MFSc & PhD Admission 2020 – Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University will release notice for admission into M.F.Sc and Ph.D (Aquaculture) Course in Fishery Sciences for the academic year 2020-2021 through Entrance Test which will be conducted by SVVU at given schedule. Interested and eligible candidates have to fill their Application form online. Candidates can check all the details like Application process, eligibility criteria and other information from this page below.
SVVU MFSc & PhD Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to fill the application form as per schedule date. Admission to MFSc and Ph.D course will be made on the basis of Marks obtained in the Entrance Test which will be held in the month of August 2020.
Schedule for SVVU M.F.Sc & Ph.D Admission 2020 is given below.
|Last date for receipt of Applications||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Hall Ticket available||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Date of Result||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Date of Interview||2nd week of Aug 2020|
For M.F.Sc Course
- Candidates seeking admission into any of the following Master’s Degree courses must have passed the relevant Bachelor’s Degree examination specified against each course from Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University /ANGR Agricultural University or an institution accreditated by ICAR.
- Candidates who has qualified B.F.Sc of 4 years duration from state Agricultural Universities can apply for M.F.Sc.
- In the above qualifying examination, the candidates must have secured minimum OGPA of 6.00/10.00 for General category (for SC/ST/PH-5.00/10.00) or 2.50/4.00 for General category (2.00/4.00 in case of SC/ST/PH ) or 60% marks in traditional system (for SC/ST/PH-55%).
- Only residents of AP /Telangana are eligible for admission except in case of ICAR Quota.
- Candidates with PG qualification are eligible for admission into second PG programme but such candidates are not eligible for stipend. Candidates who are already prosecuting MFSc are eligible to apply for PG admission in another discipline, but stipend paid with interest will be recovered and his/her earlier admission shall stands cancelled irrespective of stage of standing. However such candidates are eligible for stipend in fresh course.
Age: The upper age limit is 40 years as on 01-07-2020
For Ph.D Course
- Master of Fishery Science(MFSc) or an equivalent examination from SVVU/ANGRAU or from an institution accredited by ICAR in the concerned field of specialization with at least 70% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 2.7 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 6.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system. In the case of SC, ST and PH candidates, 60% marks in the aggregate under traditional system in Master of Fishery Science under traditional system or OGPA of 2.5 out of 4.00 or 6.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient. The Basic Degree i.e. B.F.Sc. is essential.
- The candidates awaiting final thesis viva voce result may apply. But they have to produce provisional certificate on or before the date of entrance examination failing which they shall not be allowed for entrance examination.
For admission into Ph.D in the following specialization in Fishery Science, candidates who posses M.F.Sc. in the major fields specified against that are also eligible.
|Major field in Ph.D||M.FSc Qualification in|
Age: The upper age limit is 50 years as on 01-07-2020 including ICAR senior Research fellowship holders.
Note: The given eligibility criteria is based on previous year record and for reference purpose only.
Application will be received after the due date will summarily be rejected. Candidates who are in employment should send their applications through proper channel. The University is not responsible for any postal delay. Those already employed must send the applications through their employer so as to reach on or before the last date. However, they may send advance copies of applications with certificates to avoid delay in forwarding of applications by the employer.
Admit card will be released online at the official website. Candidates can download their admit card by logging in using their application number and date of birth. No hard copy of the admit card is sent to the candidates via post. It consists of details like the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam center address, reporting timings, etc . Admit card is an essential verification document and candidates must bring there admit card at the time of examination.
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) will announce result of M.F.Sc and Ph.D exam which will be held by 1st week of Aug 2020. Candidates will able to check the merit list from the official website. After clearing the exam the candidates need to attend counselling on scheduled date. All the qualified candidates will have to attend the interview by 2nd week of Aug 2020 at Administrative office, Dr. Y.S.R Bhavan, SVVU, Tirupati.
Note : Individual intimations will not be sent regarding counselling or Interview.
Reservation of Seats
As per last year…
For M.F.Sc Course
- Reservation for Local & Non-Local candidates: Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to different local areas of the state shall be as per rules.
- Reservation for S.C, S.T and B.C. candidates: 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats in each course of study shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and BC respectively as per the existing Government rules.
- Differently Abled candidates: 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates as per the Government norms.
- Reservation for women: 1/3rd of the total seats shall be reserved for women. If no female candidate is available it will be filled up by male candidate. A combined roster will be maintained.
Note: As it is not possible to represent all social groups/local areas in a single discipline, in courses with more than one major field, candidates belonging to different social groups shall be distributed in different major fields of study available in such courses. (Reservation for Muslim candidates shall be as per the norms of the AP State Govt.).
For Ph.D Course
- For S.C/ S.T & B.C candidates 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes respectively.
- For Physically challenged candidates 3% seats are reserved as per the Govt. norms.
- For Women: 1/3rd of the total seats shall be reserved for women. If no lady candidate is available it will be filled up by men.
- Provided that the rule of reservation shall be so implemented that the first candidate in the merit list of any major field of discipline shall not be denied a seat. Provided further that the above provision shall not be applicable in making admission to a major field or discipline in which there is only one seat.
As per last year…
For M.F.Sc Course
The selection of the candidates shall be based on the previous academic record i.e. B.F.Sc and performance in PG Entrance examination (70%).The entrance test shall be comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the degree requirements of this University as per ICAR guidelines. The Entrance Examination paper contains only 200 multiple choice questions. The candidates have to mark answers by darkening circles on OMR sheet. The candidates getting 40% or more marks in entrance test only are eligible for admission. However, in case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no minimum qualifying marks and candidates are admitted to the extent of seats reserved for them. SC/ST/PH candidates claiming seats under general category have to obtain at least 40% marks in the entrance test.
Note: In case of a tie, marks secured in Entrance test, OGPA of BFSc and finally date of Birth in that order elder candidates shall be considered to break the tie.The candidates applying for admission should appear for Entrance Test at their own expenses.
For Ph.D Course
The Weightage of marks will be as follows:
- Entrance Test : 50
- M.F.Sc level : 20
- B.F.Sc level : 10
- Interview performance : 20
The qualifying marks in the entrance test shall be 50%. In case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no qualifying marks to the extent of seats reserved for them. The entrance test shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions covering Post graduate courses listed in respective discipline with 500 series. The candidates have to mark answers by darkening circles on OMR sheets.
The Candidates applying for admission should appear for Entrance test at their own expenses.
In case of a tie, the candidates who secured higher marks at M.F.Sc level shall be preferred. In case of a further tie, the marks obtained at B.F.Sc level shall be considered. For further tie breaking, date of birth shall be considered and older candidates shall be preferred.
Selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D courses shall be made by a Selection Committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The candidates who are eligible for admission to the course should appear for entrance test and interview before selection committee at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati at their own expenses.
For more detail candidates can check the previous year Information brochure from the following links:-
Insofar, official details of SVVU MFSc & PhD Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University releases SVVU MFSc & PhD Admission 2020 information brochure, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.