Tamilnadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 – Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu has released notification for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing courses in Govt. Medical Colleges and various Self Financing Colleges of Tamil Nadu for the session 2018-2019. The Application form for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 has been released. Candidates can download the Application form of the 2018-2019 session from the ‘application form page’. The complete detail of Tamilnadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, seat intake, admission process etc. are given below.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2018
Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu offers admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 (Diploma in Nursing Course Completed Candidate Only) in Madras Medical College (Chennai), Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College (Salem) and various Self Financing Colleges for the session 2018-2019. The selection will be made on merit basis and by counselling applying the Rule of reservation / Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu whichever is applicable. Interested candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details.
- Course Name: Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Duration: 2 Years
Schedule for the Tamilnadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 is given below.
|Availability of Notification||26 Sep 2018|
|Availability of Application form for downloading||26 Sep 2018|
|Last date for downloading application form||03 Oct 2018|
|Last date for receipt of the Application form||04 Oct 2018|
|Date for declaration of Merit||22 Oct 2018|
|Allotment of seats by personal appearance||Will be notified later|
|Last date of admission||The date as mentioned in the allotment order of the candidates|
|Counseliing (Orthopaedically Physically Disabled Candidates called for Medical Examination / Allotment.)||26 Oct 2018|
|Counselling (Male Private Candidates)||29 Oct 2018|
|Counselling (Male Service Candidates)||29 Oct 2018|
|Counselling (Female Service Candidates)||30 Oct 2018|
|Counselling (Female Private Candidates)||30 Oct 2018|
Call Letter for Counselling
Eligible Candidates can only download their call letter from the websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in by entering their AR No allotted by the Selection Committee and their Date of Birth and attend the counselling as per the date and time mentioned in the counselling schedule which is available on the websites. Candidates are requested to paste their recent photograph on the call letter which is to be attested by a Gazetted Officer. (The photograph must be a copy of the same one pasted on the Application).
Call Letter: Click here to Download call Letter for counselling of Post Basic B Sc Nursing Course 2018 2019 Session.
Counselling (Single Window System)
- Selection & Admission will be made on merit basis for all categories of seats in Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing) Course through counselling, following the rule of reservation/ Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu as per G. O. Ms. No: 206/P & AR(K) Dept, dated: 6.11.08, whichever is applicable and availability of seats. Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available immediately on the websites www.tnhealth.org. / www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Counseling for the Special Category will be done before the General Category. There will be no re- allotment/ change of college allotted for the Special Category.
- One of the parents will be allowed to attend the counseling. The Candidates and Parents accompanying them should make their own arrangements for attending the counseling session.
- Candidates who fail to attend the counselling session when called for by the Secretary, Selection Committee, will forfeit his / her right to claim for admission to Post Basic B.Sc.(Nursing) and his/her name will not be considered further. However, the Selection Committee reserves the right to permit the candidate to attend the counselling later, if a valid reason for absence is communicated to the Selection Committee before the commencement of the counselling. The candidate so permitted can only claim the course and college available at the time of counselling when he/she actually attends.
- The candidates and Parents accompanying them should make their own arrangements for attending the counselling session.
- If the candidate is absent during the 1st phase of counseling for which he/she is called, cannot attend the subsequent phases of counseling.
- If the candidate opts out of a seat at the time of Counselling, he / she cannot claim the seat from which he/she opted out at any point of time for the current session.
- The movement of a candidate from self financing to Government colleges and from one college to another college (only for Government colleges) will be based on the merit and following the rule of reservation / roster method.
- Any remaining unfilled seats for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to SCA community shall be filled by candidates belonging to SC community other than Arunthathiyar as per merit and vice versa.
Any remaining reserved seats in ST Quota for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to SC Community as per merit.
- Any remaining unfilled seats in BCM Community for want of adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on merit basis by candidates belonging to BC community without exceeding the quota for BC community as a whole.
- Even after filling up of the required seats reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyas in the inter-se merit among them.
- Counselling for the special Categories will be done before the General Category.
- There will be no re- allotment/ change of college allotted for the Special Category.
- All candidates attending the counseling for Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) Course will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.250/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of” The Secretary, Selection Committee” as processing fee.
The candidates belonging to BC, BCM, MBC/DC,SC and SCA communities should submit a photo copy of the community certificate issued by the competent Revenue authority of the area concerned. The candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe should submit a photo copy of the permanent community card obtained from the respective Revenue Divisional Officer of the Revenue Division.Community certificates obtained from other states will not be considered and such candidates will be treated as an open category.
Counselling: Click here to check the Schedule and notice regarding counselling for Post Basic B.SC Nursing 2018-19 Session.
- Click here to check Allotted list for Post Basic B Sc Nursing 2018-19 on October 30, 2018.
- Click here to check Allotted list for Post Basic B Sc Nursing 2018-19 on October 29, 2018.
Vacant Seats: Click here to check Vacancy position for Post Basic BSc Nursing Course 2018 2019 Session as on 26th October 2018
Merit List for Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2018 has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link or go to the official website, which is provided below.
- Click here to check Provisional Merit list for Post basic B Sc Nursing 2018 for Female service Candidates.
- Click here to check Provisional Merit list for Post basic B Sc Nursing 2018 for Female Non service Candidates.
- Click here to check Provisional Merit list for Post basic B Sc Nursing 2018 for Male service Candidate.
- Click here to check Provisional Merit list for Post basic B Sc Nursing 2018 for Male Non service Candidates.
Calculation of Marks:
The total marks obtained in Diploma in Nursing Course must be reduced to the base of 90 marks and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurate to two decimals. The marks is thus arrived at as shown below:-
Total Marks obtained to the maximum of 90 = Marks obtained in all subject from first year to final year ( including internship (if applicable)) / Total maximum marks in all subjects from first year to final year ( including internship (if applicable)) X 90
Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should be a Native of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who have studied XI Std to XII standard in schools of Tamil Nadu and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu need not enclose the “ Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but studied XI Std to XII Std and Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3½ years either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu, but have studied 8th Std to 12th standard in and Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years outside Tamil Nadu either partly or completely in one or more states should produce the Nativity Certificate along with true copies of their parent’s certificates such as Birth Certificate / SSLC /HSC /Transfer Certificate and Ration Card / Passport to substantiate their place of birth in Tamil Nadu, to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate along with the Nativity Certificate of the candidate.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format available in the application form supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Birth Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Application without a proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered.
- Other State candidates who are not native of Tamil Nadu but who have Studied 8th standard to 12th standard and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu will be treated as OC (Open Competition)
- Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservation.
- Nativity Certificate should be produced as per Instructions for Nativity Certificate.
- Producing false nativity certificate if detected at any time later during the course of study will result in the expulsion of the candidate and also the initiation of criminal proceedings against the candidate as well as the Parents as per law.
Age Limit: Candidates should not have completed 45 years as on 31 December 2018. Evidence should be produced.
Education Qualification –
- Candidates belonging to all categories should have passed Diploma in Nursing Examination with a pass in the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10 + 2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University.
- Should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
The Application Form has been available online for downloading from the official website. Candidates are advised to fill the correct information in the application form, which will be processed for the preparing merit list. Any mistake made by the candidate will prejudice the selection.
The Selection Procedure of the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 will be purely based on the merit list and followed by the counseling. The merit list for the Post Basic B.Sc.,(Nursing) course will be prepared by computing the Diploma in Nursing marks for 90 and experience marks for 10 which would form the aggregate marks for 100.
The Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu will be published the list containing the names of the candidates, rank, ARNO, Name, total marks, gender, service, and Comm., selected for the post basic nursing courses offered in the affiliated colleges.
The list contains college wise names of the candidates who have completed all the admission related formalities. The Seat allotment list will be provided below.
|Name of the college||Seats available||Total seats|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||30||10||40|
|Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem||40||10||50|
Note : The seats available in the Self financing Colleges will be exhibited at the time of counselling.
- Click here to check the Post basic b.Sc nursing 2018-2019 session tentative college list.
|Sl. No||Course||Tuition fee for Govt.
Colleges (per annum)
|1.||Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing)||Rs.3000/-|
Registration fee and Caution Deposit will be collected as per rules in force. SC/SCA/ST candidates are exempted from payment of tuition fee.
- Candidates who have been selected under Orthopaedically physically disabled category are also exempted from paying Tuition fee and special fee.
- (Students of SC /SCA/ ST community, whose Parents / Guardian‟s annual income is less than 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs and Fifty Thousand Only ) and for SC converted Christianity students whose parents/ guardians annual income is less than Rs.2,00,000/- ( Rupees Two Lakhs Only) are exempted from payment of all compulsory, non- refundable fees ( Enrollment/ Registration, Tuition, Games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fee compulsorily payable by the scholar to the Institution or University / Board) and also exempted from all compulsory Non refundable fee fixed by the Fee Committee. The fee, so exempted shall be claimed by the respective Institutions under the Scholarship Programme of the Government of India. (As per G.O.(Ms) No.6 AD and TW Dept. dated 09.01.2012 and G.O.(Ms) No.51, Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department, dated 7.8.2013 ) and as per G.O.(Ms).No.92/AD and TW Dept.dated 11.09.2012.
Official Website: www.tnhealth.org
For More Detail of Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2018-2019 session – Download Information Brochure.