Tamilnadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 – Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu has released notification for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing courses in Govt. Medical Colleges and various Self Financing Colleges of Tamil Nadu for the session 2017-2018. The complete detail of Tamilnadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, seats intake, admission process etc. are given below.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2017
Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu offers admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 (Diploma in Nursing Course Completed Candidate Only) in Madras Medical College (Chennai), Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College (Salem) and various Self Financing Colleges for the session 2017-2018. The selection will be made on merit basis and by counselling applying the Rule of reservation / Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu whichever is applicable. Interested candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details.
- Course Name : Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Duration : 2 Years
Schedule for the Tamilnadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of downloading||11 Sep 2017|
|Last date for downloading||21 Sep 2017|
|Last date for receipt of the application||22 Sep 2017|
|Last date of admission||The time as mentioned in the allotment order of the candidate|
The Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu has published the list containing the names of the candidates, rank, ARNO, Name, total marks, gender, service and Comm., selected for the post basic nursing courses offered in the affiliated colleges.
The list contains college wise names of the candidates who have completed all the admission related formalities. The list has been provided below.
Seat Allotment: Click here to check the Seat Allotment Llist.
Merit List for Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2017 has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
- Female Non-Service Candidates
- Female Service Candidates
- Male Non-Service Candidates
- Male Service Candidates
Counselling (Single Window System)
- Selection & Admission will be made on merit basis for all categories of seats in Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing) Course through counselling, following the rule of reservation/ Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu as per G. O. Ms. No: 206/P & AR(K) Dept, dated: 6.11.08, whichever is applicable and availability of seats. Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available immediately on the websites www.tnhealth.org. / www.tnmedicalselection.org
- The candidates are instructed to visit the website frequently from the date of application till the end of counselling without fail. Please do not wait for counselling information to be received by post, as all information including the date of counselling will be put up on the websites. Call letters can also be downloaded from the websites. Candidates will be permitted for counselling accordingly.
- Candidates who fail to attend the counselling session when called for by the Secretary, Selection Committee, will forfeit his / her right to claim for admission to Post Basic B.Sc.(Nursing) and his/her name will not be considered further. However, the Selection Committee reserves the right to permit the candidate to attend the counselling later, if a valid reason for absence is communicated to the Selection Committee before the commencement of the counselling. The candidate so permitted can only claim the course and college available at the time of counselling when he/she actually attends.
- The candidates and Parents accompanying them should make their own arrangements for attending the counselling session.
- If the candidate opts out of a seat at the time of Counselling, he / she cannot claim the seat from which he/she opted out at any point of time for the current session.
- The movement of candidate from self financing to Government colleges and from one college to another college (only for Government colleges) will be based on the merit and following the rule of reservation / roster method.
- Any remaining unfilled seats for want of adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to SCA community shall be filled by candidates belonging to SC community other than Arunthathiyar as per merit and vice versa.
Any remaining reserved seats in ST Quota for want of adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to SC Community as per merit.
- Any remaining unfilled seats in BCM Community for want of adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on merit basis by candidates belonging to BC community without exceeding the quota for BC community as a whole.
- Even after filling up of the required seats reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyas in the inter-se merit among them.
- Counselling for the special Categories will be done before the General Category.
- There will be no re- allotment/ change of college allotted for the Special Category.
- All candidates attending the counseling for Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) Course will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.250/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of” The Secretary, Selection Committee” as processing fee.
The candidates belonging to BC, BCM, MBC/DC,SC and SCA communities should submit a photo copy of the community certificate issued by the competent Revenue authority of the area concerned. The candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe should submit a photo copy of the permanent community card obtained from the respective Revenue Divisional Officer of the Revenue Division.
Community certificates obtained from other states will not be considered and such candidates will be treated as open category.
Venue: Lecture Theatre II, Ground Floor, Govt. Multi-Super Speciality Hospital, Omandurar Govt. Estate, Chennai – 02.
- Click Here to check Tentative Seat Matrix for Government Colleges As on 23 Oct 2017 (6:00:38 PM)
- Candidates should be present ONE HOUR prior to commencement of counselling along with one of their parent.
- All candidates attending the counselling for Diploma in Pharmacy course will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.200/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee as processing fee.
- Candidate should produce all original certificates at the time of counselling.
- Candidates are informed to read the instructions carefully given in call letter.
- Candidates, can only download the call letter for counselling by entering the A. R. No. and Date of Birth of the candidate and can attend the counselling as per the date and time, mark mentioned in the schedule.
- If the candidate is absent for the counselling called for, he/she cannot attend the subsequent counselling.
Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should be a Native of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who have studied XI Std to XII standard in schools of Tamil Nadu and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu need not enclose the “ Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but studied XI Std to XII Std and Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 1⁄2 years either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “Nativity Certificate”.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format available in the application form supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Birth Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Application without a proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered.
- Permanent Residence Certificate will not be accepted.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservation.
- Nativity Certificate should be produced as per Instructions for Nativity Certificate.
- Producing false nativity certificate if detected at any time later during the course of study will result in expulsion of the candidate and also initiation of criminal proceedings against the candidate as well as the Parents as per law.
Age Limit : Candidates should not have completed 45 years as on 31 December 2016. Evidence should be produced.
Education Qualification –
- Candidates belonging to all categories should have passed Diploma in Nursing Examination with a pass in the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10 + 2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University.
- Should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- Service candidates should send their application through the Head of the Medical College Hospital /Institution in which they are presently working.
- Service candidates serving in Tamil Nadu Medical Service on a regular basis should have completed two years of continuous regular service as on 31 May 2016.
- Candidates who are serving purely under temporary category in Tamil Nadu Medical Service will be considered for selection under open quota as non-service candidates only.
- Service candidates taking allotment in Self-financing colleges will not be paid salary and they have to avail leave to which they are eligible for the period of study on their own after obtaining prior permission from their Head of the Department concerned.
- One mark for each completed year of experience as on 31 May 2016 which is calculated from the last date of the month of passing Diploma in Nursing Examination subject to a maximum of 10 marks shall be awarded as experience mark for both service and non-service candidates.
- The admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course is open to both men and women in the ratio of 1: 9 (10% for men and 90% for women).
All selections for Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) Course are only provisional. The Selection and admission is liable to be cancelled at any time as and when the eligibility conditions are found to be defective in addition to revelation of suppressed and overlooked facts.
Calculation of Marks
The total marks obtained in Diploma in Nursing Course must be reduced to the base of 90 marks and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurate to two decimals. The marks is thus arrived at as shown below:-
Total Marks obtained to the maximum of 90 = Marks obtained in all subject from first year to final year ( including internship (if applicable)) / Total maximum marks in all subjects from first year to final year ( including internship (if applicable)) X 90
Call Letter for Counselling
Eligible Candidates can only download their call letter from the websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in by entering their AR No allotted by the Selection Committee and their Date of Birth and attend the counselling as per the date and time mentioned in the counselling schedule which will also be available on the websites. Candidates are requested to paste their recent photograph on the call letter which is to be attested by a Gazetted Officer. (The photograph must be a copy of the same one pasted on the Application).
|Name of the college||Seats available||Total seats|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||30||10||40|
|Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem||40||10||50|
Note : The seats available in the Self financing Colleges will be exhibited at the time of counselling.
|Sl. No||Course||Tuition fee for Govt.
Colleges (per annum)
|1.||Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing)||Rs.1200/-|
Registration fee and Caution Deposit will be collected as per rules in force. SC/SCA/ST candidates are exempted from payment of tuition fee.
- Candidates who have been selected under Orthopaedically physically disabled category are also exempted from paying Tuition fee and special fee.
- (Students of SC /SCA/ ST community, whose Parents / Guardian‟s annual income is less than 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs and Fifty Thousand Only ) and for SC converted Christianity students whose parents/ guardians annual income is less than Rs.2,00,000/- ( Rupees Two Lakhs Only) are exempted from payment of all compulsory, non- refundable fees ( Enrollment/ Registration, Tuition, Games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fee compulsorily payable by the scholar to the Institution or University / Board) and also exempted from all compulsory Non refundable fee fixed by the Fee Committee. The fee, so exempted shall be claimed by the respective Institutions under the Scholarship Programme of the Government of India. (As per G.O.(Ms) No.6 AD and TW Dept. dated 09.01.2012 and G.O.(Ms) No.51, Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department, dated 7.8.2013 ) and as per G.O.(Ms).No.92/AD and TW Dept.dated 11.09.2012.
For More Detail of Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.