Tamil Nadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 – Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu has released the application form for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing courses in Govt. The last date to submission of application form till December 17, 2021. Medical Colleges and various Self Financing Colleges of Tamil Nadu for the session 2021-2022. The Application form for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2021 is available on the official website. The complete detail of Tamil Nadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, seat intake, admission process etc. are given below.
Latest – Application form is available for Post Basic BSc Nursing Programme 2021. Click here to Apply.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021
The selection will be made on a merit basis and by counselling applying the Rule of reservation / Roster method followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu whichever is applicable. Interested candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details.
- Course Name: Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Duration: 2 Years
The schedule for the Tamil Nadu Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2021 is given below.
|Date of Notification||12 Dec 2021|
|Commencement of Registration||12 Dec 2021|
|Last date for Registration||17 Dec 2021|
|Last date for submission of filled-in application form along with|
photocopy of certificates
|20 Dec 2021 upto 05:00 PM|
|Declaration of Merit List||to be announced|
|Tentative Allotment of seats||to be announced|
|Last date of admission||to be announced|
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should be a Native of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who have studied XI Std to XII standard in schools of Tamil Nadu and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu need not enclose the “ Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but studied XI Std to XII Std and Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3½ years either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu, but have studied 8th Std to 12th standard in and Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years outside Tamil Nadu either partly or completely in one or more states should produce the Nativity Certificate along with true copies of their parent’s certificates such as Birth Certificate / SSLC /HSC /Transfer Certificate and Ration Card / Passport to substantiate their place of birth in Tamil Nadu, to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate along with the Nativity Certificate of the candidate.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format available in the application form supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Birth Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Application without a proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered.
- Other State candidates who are not native of Tamil Nadu but who have Studied 8th standard to 12th standard and studied Diploma in Nursing course for a period of 3 or 3 ½ years in Tamil Nadu will be treated as OC (Open Competition)
- Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservation.
- Nativity Certificate should be produced as per Instructions for Nativity Certificate.
- Producing false nativity certificate if detected at any time later during the course of study will result in the expulsion of the candidate and also the initiation of criminal proceedings against the candidate as well as the Parents as per law.
Age Limit: Candidates should not have completed 45 years as of 31st December 2021. Evidence should be produced.
Education Qualification –
- Candidates belonging to all categories should have passed Diploma in Nursing Examination with a pass in the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10 + 2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University.
- Should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 Application Form
The Application Form has been available online for downloading from the official website. Candidates are advised to fill in the correct information in the application form, which will be processed for the preparing merit list. Any mistake made by the candidate will prejudice the selection.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
The Selection Procedure of the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission will be purely based on the merit list and followed by the counselling. The merit list for the Post Basic B.Sc.,(Nursing) the course will be prepared by computing the Diploma in Nursing marks for 90 and experience marks for 10 which would form the aggregate marks for 100.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 Seat Allotment
The Health and Family Welfare (PME) Department, Tamil Nadu will be published the list containing the names of the candidates, rank, ARNO, Name, total marks, gender, service, and Comm., selected for the post-basic nursing courses offered in the affiliated colleges.
The list contains college wise names of the candidates who have completed all the admission related formalities. The Seat allotment list will be provided below.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 Merit List
Merit List for Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission will be uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link or go to the official website, which is provided below.
Calculation of Marks:
The total marks obtained in Diploma in Nursing Course must be reduced to the base of 90 marks and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurately to two decimals. The marks are thus arrived at as shown below:-
Total Marks obtained to the maximum of 90 = Marks obtained in all subjects from the first year to final year ( including internship (if applicable)) / Total maximum marks in all subjects from the first year to final year ( including internship (if applicable)) X 90
Call Letter for Counselling
Eligible Candidates can only download their call letter from the websites, tnhealth.org / tn.gov.in by entering their AR No allotted by the Selection Committee and their Date of Birth and attending the counselling as per the date and time mentioned in the counselling schedule which is available on the websites. Candidates are requested to paste their recent photograph on the call letter which is to be attested by a Gazetted Officer. (The photograph must be a copy of the same one pasted on the Application).
|Name of the College||Category 1 Service||Category 2 Service|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||30||10|
|Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam|
Medical College, Salem
Note : The seats available in the Self-financing Colleges will be exhibited at the time of counselling.
Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 Tuition Fee
|Sl. No||Course||Tuition fee for Govt.|
Colleges (per annum)
|1.||Post Basic B.Sc., (Nursing)||Rs.3000/-|
Registration fee and Caution Deposit will be collected as per rules in force. SC/SCA/ST candidates are exempted from payment of tuition fees.
- Candidates who have been selected under Orthopaedically physically disabled category are also exempted from paying Tuition fee and special fee.
- (Students of SC /SCA/ ST community, whose Parents / Guardian‟s annual income is less than 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs and Fifty Thousand Only ) and for SC converted Christianity students whose parents/ guardians annual income is less than Rs.2,00,000/- ( Rupees Two Lakhs Only) are exempted from payment of all compulsory, non- refundable fees ( Enrollment/ Registration, Tuition, Games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fee compulsorily payable by the scholar to the Institution or University / Board) and also exempted from all compulsory Non refundable fee fixed by the Fee Committee. The fee, so exempted shall be claimed by the respective Institutions under the Scholarship Programme of the Government of India. (As per G.O.(Ms) No.6 AD and TW Dept. dated 09.01.2012 and G.O.(Ms) No.51, Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department, dated 7.8.2013 ) and as per G.O.(Ms).No.92/AD and TW Dept.dated 11.09.2012.
Official Website: tnhealth.org
For More Detail of Tamilnadu Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2021 session – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.