TANATA 2018: Anna University will be conducting Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture (TANATA) for admission to into the B. Arch degree course under Management Quota and Government Quota lapsed seats for the year 2018-19.
Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 measures the aptitude of the applicant in the field of Architecture. The test makes an assessment of drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, mathematics and critical thinking ability. Candidates can check all the details of Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture (TANATA) from this page given below.
Validity Period: The validity period of the TANATA 2018 for admission to the academic session 2018-19 only.
The schedule of events for TANATA 2018 is as follows:
|Commencement of registration through online||29 Jul 2018|
|Last date for registration through online||06 Aug 2018|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||07 Aug 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||11 Aug 2018|
|Announcement of marks and valid score||16 Aug 2018|
|Downloading of mark sheets||16 Aug 2018|
TANATA 2018 Results has been Declared on the official website for the examination which is held on 11 Aug 2018. Candidates can check the result and download their mark sheet from the official website specified above or from the the link that is given below.
Result: Click here to download the mark sheet of TANATA 2018.
The result is available in two formats:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component
- Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie breaking rules
Qualifying marks for TANATA 2018 would be based on the following rules:
- At least 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- At least 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the
discretion of Coordination Committee of TANATA 2018.
Application Form 2018
Interested candidates can fill their application online atwww.annauniv.edu/tanata18.. The direct link to apply online for TANATA 2018 is given below.
Application Process over now!!!
The registration fee for TANATA 2018 as follows:
- Others – Rs. 2000/-
- SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu – Rs. 1000/-
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates
The eligibility requirements for the candidates appearing for TANATA 2018 are as follows
- Secured 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts with 50% aggregate
marks with Mathematics; OR
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks
in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination
Qualifying in TANATA does not constitute a right/guarantee for the candidate’s admission to any architecture course unless he/she has fulfilled all the prescribed requirements as specified by respective counselling and admission authorities.
The candidates who have successfully submitted their application forms can download hall ticket as per the schedule. The direct link to download admit card of TANATA 2018 will be given below.
There will be two parts in the examination, Part A and Part B. A folder containing booklets for both will be given at the beginning of the examination. Part A will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and has to be answered in OMR sheet which involves shading the correct answer. The OMR answer sheet for Part-A will be taken back after 90 minutes. Part B will consist of drawing questions and has to be answered in drawing sheets. Candidate has to attempt the drawing questions within 90 minutes. Candidates must follow instructions in the booklets for filling the details and answers.
Distribution of Marks
The total marks for the examination will be 200. The distribution is as follows:
Syllabus for Examination
- Algebra: Definitions of A. P. and G.P.; General term; Summation of first n-terms of series Σn, Σn²,Σn3; Arithmetic/Geometric series, A.M., G.M. and their relation; Infinite G.P. series and its sum.
- Logarithms: Definition; General properties; Change of base.
- Matrices: Concepts of m x n (m ≤ 3, n ≤ 3) real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication and multiplication of matrices. Transpose of a matrix. Determinant of a square matrix.Properties of determinants (statement only).Minor, cofactor and adjoint of a matrix.Nonsingular matrix.Inverse of a matrix.Finding area of a triangle.Solutions of system of linear equations. (Not more than 3 variables).
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations. Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions and their properties.
- Coordinate geometry: Distance formula, section formula, area of a triangle, condition of collinearity of three points in a plane. Polar coordinates, transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa. Parallel transformation of axes, concept of locus, elementary locus problems. Slope of a line. Equation of lines in different forms, angle between two lines. Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Distance between two parallel lines. Lines through the point of intersection of two lines. Equation of a circle with a given centre and radius. Condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle. Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter .Equation of tangent, normal and chord. Parametric equation of a circle. Intersection of a line with a circle. Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles.
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry: Direction cosines and direction ratios, distance between two points and section formula, equation of a straight line, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane.
- Theory of Calculus: Functions, composition of two functions and inverse of a function, limit, continuity, derivative, chain rule, derivative of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically. Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, indefinite integral of standard functions. Integration by parts. Integration by substitution and partial fraction. Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. Fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals. Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations.
- Application of Calculus: Tangents and normals, conditions of tangency. Determination of monotonicity, maxima and minima. Differential coefficient as a measure of rate. Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration. Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves and Straight lines. Area of the region included between two elementary curves.
- Permutation and combination: Permutation of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Permutation of n things not all different. Permutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded). Combinations of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n).Combination of n things not all different. Basic properties. Problems involving both permutations and combinations.
- Statistics and Probability: Measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution. Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails and Binomial distribution.
Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
- Mathematical reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive.
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.
Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, light, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualisation through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Perspective drawing. Sketching of urbanscape and landscape, common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
Method of Evaluation
Mathematics & General Aptitude Test
Only one option is correct and correct response will yield 2 (two) marks. There is no negative marking.
The sketching for the questions should be done only in the A4 size sheet provided to the candidates. Each question carries 40 marks.
For more details of TANATA 2018 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.