Tezpur University has released the notification for admission in Ph.D Programme for the Spring semester of 2019 session. The application process is started for the Ph.D courses and candidates can fill the application from the official website or direct link to fill the form is also given below. The candidates can check all the details like application form, and eligibility criteria Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2019 (Spring Semester) and more from this page.
Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2019
The Ph.D programs offered by the Tezpur University are Business Administration,Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & communication Technology, Energy, Food Engineering and Technology, Cultural Studies, English and Foreign Languages, Sociology, Chemical Sciences, Environmental Science, Mathematical Sciences, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology and Physics. The Schedule for Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2019 is given below.
|Date of display of online application form on the website||05 Nov 2018|
|Last date of submission of online applications||22 Nov 2018|
|Date of Personal Interview in the concerned department||14 Dec 2018|
Shortlisted Candidate for PI
Tezpur University has released the list of candidates shortlisted for the Personal Interview round. Selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview to be conducted by the concerned department. The shortlisting is being done separately for each department. Reservation of seats and relaxation of marks will be as per Govt. of India rules.
- Click here to check the list of candidates has been shortlisted for the personal interview of Ph.D. programme in Sociology.
- Click here to check the list of candidates short-listed for personal interview for admission into the Ph. D. programme of English and Foreign Languages Department
- Click here to check the list of candidates short-listed for personal interview for admission into the Ph. D. programme of MBBT.
- Click here to check List of candidates shortlisted to be called for PI for PhD Admission in Computer Science & Engineering in Spring 2019.
- Click here to check List of candidates shortlisted for Personal interview Ph. D. in Food Engineering and Technology.
- Click here to check Candidates have been shortlisted for the personal interview for PhD programme, Department of Cultural Studies.
- Click here to check Candidates are short-listed for the personal interview for admission into the Ph. D. programme of Physics Department
- Click here to check List of candidates shortlisted to be called for PI for PhD Admission in Mathematical science.
- Click here to check Candidate has been shortlisted for the Personal Interview for Ph.D. Admission in Environmental Science
- Click here to check List of candidates shortlisted to be called for PI for PhD Admission in Chemical science
- Click here to check Candidates are short-listed for the written test and personal interview for the Ph. D. Programme of Department of Business Administration.
Tezpur University Ph.D Application Form
The application process for the Ph.D admission is started now. The candidates can fill the application form from the below links.
Application Process is Over…!!!
Instruction for filling the Online Application Form
Stage 1: Sign UP/Register for a new Account and activate the account via a One Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number.
Stage 2: Login with your registered E-mail id and the password you entered in Stage 1.
Stage 3: Start filling up the form. Save the information in each Step and proceed for the next Step.
Stage 4: After filling Step 1- Step 4, you can Edit the Steps, if any, before clicking “Final Submit”. Note that you will not be able to edit/modify/change any information provided after final submission. Therefore, ensure that your photographs and other documents are displayed properly.
Stage 5: After clicking “Final Submit” you will be directed to proceed for online payment of the prescribed application fee. Follow the on screen instructions to make the payment. Please note that you will not be received by the university if you fail to make the payment.
The candidates need to pay Rs. 400/- as application fee, if they belong to SC, ST and PWD category. Else, the candidates need to submit Rs. 800/- as application fee. Additional bank charge may apply.
Eligibility Criteria of Tezpur University Ph.D Admission
The eligibility criteria for admission in all the courses offered by Tezpur University is as mentioned below:
Tezpur University Engineering Eligibility Criteria:-
- M.B.A. , M.Com. , M.A. / M.Sc. in Economics, M.A. in Psychology/ Sociology/Social Work/ Cultural Studies, MCA , M.T.M. / M.T.A. FCA/ FCS/ FICWA.
Computer Science and Engineering:
- M.Tech. in Computer Science/ I.T./ Electronics
- M.Sc. in Computer Science/ I.T.
- B.E. / B.Tech with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score. Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/ University from where B.E./B.Tech degree was obtained.
Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engg. / M.S. in Electronics/ Communication/ Electronics/ Design/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microwave/ Biomedical/ Bioelectronics/ Bio – Technology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology. M.Sc. in Electronics/ Physics/ Applied Mathematics. MCA with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Bachelor degree, MBBS with MD/ MS degree.
- B.E. / B.Tech with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score. Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/ University from where B.E./ B.Tech degree was obtained.
Food Engineering and Technology:
- M.Tech. / M.E. /Integrated M. Tech in Food Engineering and Technology/Food and Dairy related other programme/ Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/BioProcess/Bio-Chemical/ Biotechnology, or, M.Sc. and Integrated M.Sc. in Food Engineering and Technology /Food and Dairy related other programme/Applied Microbiology /Microbiology/Bio -Chemistry/Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Bioscience and Informatics, or B.E./B.Tech (in Food Engineering and Technology/Food and Dairy related other programme) with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with valid GATE Score). Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/ University from where B.E./ B.Tech degree was obtained.
- M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree in Energy Technology/ Energy Management/Energy related Engineering and Technology/ Physics/ Chemistry/Agriculture Allied subjects.
- M.A. in any of the disciplines in Humanities or Social Sciences with a uniformly good academic career. Candidates with UGC JRF, UGC NET or NE SET will be given preference.
English and Foreign Languages:
- M.A. in English (specialization may be in Literature, English Language Teaching or Linguistics), M.A. in Linguistics .
- Post Graduation in Sociology / Cultural Studies/ Anthropology (with specialization in Social Anthropology) / Economics / History / Political Science / Philosophy / Mass Communication / English / Law / Management/ Social Work.
- M.Sc. in all branches of Chemical Science/ Physics/Nano science/ Material Science/ iotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Environmental Science. M.E./M.Tech. in allied subjects (Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering etc.).
- Masters in any Science/ Applied Science / Engineering discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. At Bachelor’s level the candidate must have attended Science / Technology programme.
- M.A. / M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computational Seismology/ Economics with requisite background in Mathematics.
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology:
- Masters in any branches of Life Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary or Sciences / Engineering Sciences /Medical Sciences or in any allied field. B. Tech./ B. E. degree with 80% marks in CGPA (with GATE score > 90.00 percentile) in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Sciences/ Bioinformatics or any allied field. MBBS or BVSc. degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Apart from the above, candidates having consistently good academic record will be preferred.
- M.Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/ Geophysics/ Material Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Science. M.Phil., M.Tech. in Solid State Material/ Material Science/ Electronics/Energy/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Sciences. B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
List of candidates selected for Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2018 will be released on the official website. The selected candidates will be required to report for admission to the Heads of the concerned departments.
Candidates can check the seat matrix of Tezpur University for the Ph.D Admission 2019 from the below link.
- Click here to check the seat matix of Ph.D Admission 2019.
Below we mention the fee structure of Tezpur University for the Ph.D Admission 2019.
- Click here to check the fee structure of Ph.D Admission 2019
Official website: www.tezu.ernet.in
For more details regarding the Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2019 for Spring Session, Download the Admission Notification.