Tezpur University has released the notification for admission in Ph.D Programme. For now, the admission in Spring Session is being done. The application process for it has ended and now the candidates will be called for Personal Interview and/or written test. The candidates can check all the details like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2018 (Spring Semester) and more from this page.
Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2018
The Ph.D programs offered by the Tezpur University are Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and Sciences. The Schedule for Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online portal opens on||07 Nov 2017|
|Online application closes on||26 Nov 2017|
|Publication of shortlisted names||01 Dec 2017|
|Date of personal interview||15 Dec 2017|
|Date of admission and course registration||16 Jan 2018|
List of candidates provisionally selected for Tezpur University Ph.D Admission 2018 has been released. Candidates can check the list from the link provided below. The selected candidates will be required to report for admission to the Heads of the concerned departments at 9:30 a.m. on January 16, 2018.
Selected Candidates: Click Here to check the list of selected candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the Spring Semester, 2018.
Shortlisted Candidate for PI
Tezpur University has released the list of candidates shortlisted for the Personal Interview round. The candidates have been selected on the basis of the application submitted by them. The shortlisting is being done separately for each department. The candidates can check the list of candidates selected for Personal Interview from below.
- For Chemical Science- Check Here
- For Food Engineering and Technology – Check Here
- For Molecular Biology and Biotechnology – Check Here
- For EFL- Check Here
- For Sociology- Check Here
- For Computer Science & Engineering – Check Here
- For Physics – Check Here
- For Environmental Science – Check Here
- For Business Administration – Check Here
Selection Procedure for Tezpur University Ph.D Admission
The admission in the University will be done on the basis of written test and person interview or only personal interview. The selection criteria vary from course to course. The candidates can check it for all the from below:
- Department of Business Administration: The candidates will be short-listed on the basis of the submitted application form. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Environmental Science: On the basis of the submitted application form, the candidates will be called for the Personal Interview round.
- Physics: The candidates will be delimited on the basis of the application form. The selected candidates will be called for the Personal Interview round.
Courses Offered by Tezpur University
The Ph.D courses offered by Tezpur University are as stated below. Candidates will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria to receive admission.
School of Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Food Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- English and Foreign Languages
School of Management Sciences
- Business Administration
School of Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Eligibility Criteria of Tezpur University Ph.D Admission
The eligibility criteria for admission in all the courses offered by Tezpur University is as mentioned below:
Tezpur University Engineering Eligibility Criteria:-
-Computer Science and Engineering:
- M.Tech. in Computer Science/ I.T./ Electronics
- M.Sc. in Computer Science/ I.T.
- B.E./B.Tech. with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with valid GATE
-Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engg. / M.S. in Electronics/ Communication/ Electronics Design/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microwave/ Biomedical/ Bioelectronics/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- M.Sc. in Electronics/ Physics/ Applied Mathematics.
- MCA with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Bachelor degree, MBBS with
- MD/ MS degree.
- B.E. / B.Tech. with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with valid
-Food Engineering and Technology:
- M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.E. in Food Technology/Food Processing Technology/ Food Science and Technology /Food and Nutrition / Microbiology / Food Microbiology / Biochemistry / Chemistry / Biotechnology/ Food Engineering/ Applied Microbiology/ Dairy Engineering/ Food Biotechnology Engineering.
- B.E. / B.Tech. with an aggregate of at least 80% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. (Engg.) in Mechanical Engg. or allied areas.
- B.E. / B.Tech with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score.
- M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree in Energy Technology/ Energy Management/ Energy related Engineering and Technology/ Physics/ Chemistry/Agriculture Allied subjects.
Humanities and Social Sciences:-
-English and Foreign Languages:
- M.A. in English (specialization may be in Literature, English Language Teaching
or Linguistics), M.A. in Linguistics.
- Post –Graduation in Sociology / Cultural Studies / Anthropology (with specialization in Social Anthropology) / Economics / History / Political Science / Philosophy / Mass Communication / English / Law / Management/ Social Work.
- Post Graduate in Education or in any allied discipline/ subjects with 55% marks.
- M.A. / M.Sc. in Economics
- M.A. in Psychology/ Sociology/Social Work/Cultural Studies
- M.T.M. / M.T.A.
- FCA/ FCS/ FICWA
- M.Sc. in all branches of Chemical Science/ Physics/Nanoscience/ Material Science/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Science.
- M.E./M.Tech. in allied subjects (Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering etc.); B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering, etc. with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.
- M.A. / M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computational Seismology/ Economics with requisite background in Mathematics.
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology:
- Masters in any branches of Life Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/Mathematical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary or Engineering Sciences / Medical Sciences or in any allied 7ield. B. Tech./ B. E degree students with 80% marks in CGPA with GATE score> 90.00 percentile in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Sciences/ Bioinformatics or any allied 7iled. MBBT or BVSc.
Degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Apart from the above, candidates having consistently good academic record will be preferred.
- M.Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/ Geophysics/ Material Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Science.
- M.Phil., M.Tech in Solid State Material/ Material Science/ Electronics/Energy/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Sciences.
- B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Masters in any Science/ Applied Science / Engineering discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. At Bachelor’s level, the candidate must have attended Science / Technology programme.
Tezpur University Ph.D Application Form
The application process for the Ph.D admission has ended. The candidates can still check the process from below.
Instruction for filling the Online Application Form
Stage 1 : Sign UP/Register for a new Account and activate the account via a One Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number.
Stage 2 : Login with your registered E-mail id and the password you entered in Stage 1.
Stage 3 : Start filling up the form. Save the information in each Step and proceed for the next Step. In Step: Academic Details, write the names of the subjects in short, CHEM, MATH, PHY etc. Type “n.a.” if a field is not applicable to you.
Stage 4 : After filling Step 1- Step 4, you can Edit the Steps, if any, before clicking “Final Submit”. Note that you will not be able to edit/modify/change any information provided after final submission. Therefore, ensure that your photographs and other documents are displayed properly.
Stage 5 : After clicking “Final Submit” you will be directed to proceed for online payment of the prescribed application fee. Follow the on screen instructions to make the payment. Please note that you will not be received by the university if you fail to make the payment.
Note: If a candidate wants to apply for another programme with the same login id he/she has to click Home Link before logging out.
The candidates need to pay Rs. 350/- as application fee, if they belong to SC, ST and PWD category. Else, the candidates need to submit Rs. 700/- as application fee. Additional bank charge may apply.
Download Tezpur University Ph.D Prospectus for 2018 Spring Session from Here.