Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 – Application Form for Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 is available now, candidates need to fill it before the last date. M.Sc Admission in Thapar University is based on the merit of class XII and B.Sc. / B.A. Candidates should have passed B.Sc / BA degree from any recognized institution with the relevant subject with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Interested Candidates can check the complete details related to Thapar University M.Sc admission 2020 such as application process, eligibility and other information on this page below.
Latest: Thapar University has released the 3rd round of counselling notice for M.Sc programmes. Scroll down to check the details.
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 is open for the following programs: MSc (Biotechnology), MSc (Chemistry), MSc (Bio-Chemistry), MSc (Mathematics and Computing), MSc (Physics) and MSc(Environmental). Candidate can check important dates pertaining to Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 from the schedule provided below.
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms||30 Jun 2020|
|Counselling including deposit of fee||01 Jul 2020|
|Counselling MA/PG Diploma and MSc admission||First Week of Jul 2020|
|Last round of counselling for vacant seats, if any||22 Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||20 Jul 2020|
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Counselling Notice
It is for the information of all aspirants, who have applied for the MSc program that due to the COVID-19 situation, TIET has decided to do the admissions for session 2020-21through online mode. A zoom meeting will be arranged for all the candidates by TIET where you will be meeting the Head of the respective school and the admission committee for verification of the documents.
- Click here to download Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Counselling Notice for Round-3rd
- Click here to download Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Counselling Notice
M.Sc. Branches in Thapar University
Thapar University provides M.Sc. admission in the following courses on the basis of the qualifying level marks. Candidates can check what all M.Sc. courses can be pursued at Thapar University, from below.
- M.Sc. (Bio-Technology)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Bio-Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- M.Sc. (Mathematics and Computing)
- M.Sc. (Physics)
- M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences)
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Fulfilling the eligibility norms becomes an important step, as a candidate is provided admission to any of the Thapar University M.Sc programmes on the pretext of fulfilling these rules, solely. To check what all criteria needs to be fulfilled for M.Sc. Admission 2020, candidates can read the same from below.
- M.Sc (Biotechnology): Candidates with bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation from recognized University under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology, 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant) Course, Medicine (MBBS) or BDS.
- M.Sc. (Bio-Chemistry): Recognized bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Genetics or Bioinformatics or Biophysics or Biotechnology or Molecular Biology. In addition to that candidate having the degree in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B. Pharm, B. Tech (Biotech) shall also be eligible for admission to MSc Biochemistry programme.
- M.Sc (Chemistry): Recognised Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum 3-years duration (10+2+3 year’s pattern) with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate and Chemistry as one of the subjects at the graduation level
- MSc (Mathematical and Computing): Recognised Bachelors degree of minimum 3-years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate and Mathematics as one of the subject at the graduation level.
- MSc (Physics): Recognised Bachelors degree in Science of minimum 3 years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST)marks in aggregate and Physics as one of the subjects at the graduation level. The program shall have following three specializations: Nuclear Science and Technology, Modern Electronics and Materials Technology.
- M.Sc. (Environmental Science): Recognised Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum 3-years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, and Biophysics.
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Application Form
For seeking admission to Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, a candidate needs to fill the online application, made available on the official website, thapar.edu. An application fee of Rs. 1000 needs to be submitted in online or offline mode. Before form filling, a candidate is advised to go through the above-mentioned eligibility and other specifications. If you have filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully through online mode, then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form. In case you choose the option of making payment through Demand Draft (DD), you need to submit a copy of the online filled in application form, along with the demand draft.
How to Apply
Candidates can follow these steps to fill Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 application form.
|Step 1:||Click on “Apply Online” link on home page of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University website thapar.edu|
|Step 2:||You will reach the landing page of online application form of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University where you will choose the programme in which you are interested to apply. Once your mouse hovers over the program type, then you will see three buttons namely “Eligibility”, “How to Apply” and “Apply Now”. We strongly suggest you to visit “Eligibility” and “How to Apply” pages before clicking on to “Apply Now” button of respective programme.|
|Step 3:||Now click on “Create New Account” tab and fill in the details to create and receive a unique “Username” and “Password” by email for applying to Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University. If you have already received your “Username” and “Password”, then login as per Step 4.|
|Step 4:||Login with your “Username” and “Password”. Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, choose the preferences of the programs, upload your recent photograph & signature, and then Submit the application form.|
|Step 5:||Pay the Application Fee through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or through Demand Draft (offline mode). (Application Fee is Rs. 1,500/- for all programs except MSc and MA and Rs. 1,000/- for MSc and MA programs).|
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Thapar University has designed different selection process for different courses, that it offers. Candidates can check the selection process for M.Sc. admission 2020, from below.
- Admissions in all the M.Sc. programs shall be made on the basis of merit prepared by giving 40% weightage to 12th marks and 60% weightage to Graduation marks (aggregate marks upto pre-final year). Overall minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) in graduation shall be required to be eligible for admission. Graduation must be done from a recognized University.
- Candidate must attach mark sheets of 12th and all the marks sheets of Graduation up to the pre-final year along with the printout of applications.
- Candidates having any pending backlog in the first two years of Graduation shall not be considered for admission. Percentage of marks secured at the end of 2nd year of graduation shall only be considered even if the candidate has completed the graduation.
Note: The candidate seeking admission in different MSc programs have to fill single form only with requisite fee mentioning discipline preferences.
Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020 Seat Intake
The candidates seeking admission under this category are required to satisfy the eligibility as mentioned above for various M.Sc. programs. Below, we have mentioned the number/ percentage of seats reserved for different category candidates.
- 40 (Gen-28, SC/ST-10, PH-2) + (6 FN/NRI seats);
- 20 (in case of M.Sc. Environmental Sciences/M.Sc. Mathematics/M.Sc. Mathematics and Computing)
- 1% over and above seats are reserved for children of employees of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology.
For Thapar University M.Sc Admission 2020, an aspirant needs to pay this much of fee. Candidates can check the fee from below and make the payment, accordingly.
|Fees||MSC 2019-20||MSC 2020-21|
Official Website: thapar.edu
For more information about Thapar University M.Sc. Admission 2020, Download Admission Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.