Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission – Online application form is now available for Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 Admission. The Institute shall admit students to the second semester of UG and Ph.D program subject to vacancies that exist in the first semester of the first year. TIET offers Ph.D programme in almost all specializations of Engineering, Technology, Management and Sciences in the following Departments/Schools of the Institute. For more information regarding Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission, check below.
– Thapar University has been released a notification for Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year Admission. Scroll down to get more details.
– Thapar Universiry has started the application form for Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year Admission. Click here to apply.
Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission
Thapar University Lateral Entry admission shall be made on the basis of merit of marks secured in Diploma by the candidates applying to a particular programme. The candidates seeking admission to the Second Year at Thapar University have to check the eligibility criteria, fee details, important details and all other relevant details. The important dates regarding Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021- 2022 Admission are provided below.
For UG Program 2021
|Availability of Onine Application Form||Available|
|Last date of receipt of application forms||25 Jul 2021|
|LEET In-person Counselling|
|Counselling & Deposit Fee||to be announced|
|Email the essential documents (for Round 2)||to be announced|
|Last round of counselling (Vacant Seat)||to be announced|
For Ph.D Program 2021
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms||Dec 2021|
|Date of Offline Entrance Test||Dec 2021|
|Display of Result of Entrance Test||Dec 2021|
|Date of interview for Ph.D.||Dec 2021|
TIET offers Ph.D. programme in almost all specializations of Engineering, Technology, Management and Sciences in the following Departments/Schools of the Institute (currently around 798 Ph.D. candidates are working for their Ph.D. degrees in the Institute).
- Biotechnology Department
- Chemical Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Computer Science & Engineering Department
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Department
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
The Thapar University provides admission in various branches of the engineering through the entrance exam. Candidates can check the pointers below to know the engineering branches.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Business systems
- Computer Engineering (Patiala Campus)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Patiala Campus)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Derabassi Campus)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the University for admission to the First Year (Second Semester) of BE/B.Tech & Ph.D Program. No application invite of any non-eligible candidates would be accepted by the conducting body.
For UG Program
- should be a student of BE/BTech programme of a recognized Institute/University and has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidates have the diploma, in following notified discipline, of minimum 2-years duration after 10+2 from Polytechnic College/Institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in aggregate or equivalent grade point.
- should be a citizen of India.
- should bear a good character and satisfy the prescribed requirements of the Institute.
- A candidate seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained M.E./M.Tech./M.Phil./MCA/M.Sc./M.Com/M.Pharma/M.A./M.B.A./C.A. or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale or 60% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded OR GATE/GPAT/NET(UGC/CSIR) qualified.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharma degree or equivalent with excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10-point scale or 80% marks in aggregate) may be considered for admission.
- Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale or in marks to 65% for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for candidates with a B.E./B.Tech. degree or equivalent who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought. However, candidates admitted with B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent qualification will be admitted for Ph.D. after successful completion of eight Masters level courses as suggested by the Ph.D. Admission Committee of concerned Department/ School, within a period of two years from the date of admission. A minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale should be earned in the courses prescribed by the concerned Department/School.
Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission Application Form
The candidates applying for Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission need to fill the complete details in the application form available on the website of the university. In the application form, candidates have to fill the authentic details and submit it diligently. After submitting the online application form, the candidates need to take printouts of the filled-in application form. As directed by the university, the candidates are requested to keep one extra copy of the printout of the application form as it will be required at the time of document checking during counselling.
Application Fee – The application fee (Rs. 1500/-) can be paid online or through Demand Draft (DD) in favour of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology payable at Patiala.
Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Year admission Admit Card
The Admit Cards for offline entrance test shall be sent to registered email IDs (as mentioned in online application form) of the candidates provided their DD along with print out of application form reaches Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology within the stipulated time, in case application fee paid through DD.
The candidate shall take out two printouts of Admit Card, paste latest photograph on each and then come to the Entrance Test Centre. Along with admit cards, the candidate will also carry any one of the identity proof (Original) with him/her like Aadhar Card/Passport/Voter Identity Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License. One copy of the admit card shall be retained by the entrance test centre. The candidate shall keep the other copy (duly acknowledged by the examiner at test centre) to be shown at the time of document checking during counselling.
Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission Exam Pattern 2021-2022
For Ph.D program
The Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme shall be conducted offline. The Entrance Test shall contain 80 objective type questions. Duration of the Entrance Test will be 90 minutes. The test will be taken in the concerned subject area.
- Mode of Examination: Offline (pen-paper based)
- Total Number of Questions: 80
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Duration of Test: 90 Minutes
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the test.
Thapar University will release the result for Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for admission on the official website. Candidates will be able to check their Result through the official website. The result will be available in the form of the merit list. Candidates had to qualify the exam as per the cut-off released by the University and then appear for the counselling session. To access their respective result, candidates have to log onto the candidate portal by providing the asked credentials. It is advised to take a print out of the result as it will be needed in the offline counselling round.
Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission Seat Matrix 2021-22
The seat matrix for Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 for 2nd Semester admission is provided below.
For UG Program
Lateral Entry admission to B.E. programme for diploma holders at the 2nd year (3rd Semester) level will be made through merit of marks secured in Diploma for the following
seats in various categories:
The reservation criteria for Thapar University Lateral Entry 2020-2021 for 1st Year 2nd Semester admission is provided here. 15% seats shall be reserved for SC, 7.5% seats for ST category and 3% for physically handicapped category. In case, any seat in reserved category remains vacant, the same shall be converted to the General Category.
About the University
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) is a Deemed University, it is one of the oldest educational institutions which offer the various courses admission. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology offers its academic programmes under three units. It has six schools and eight departments and Centres respectively. These departments conduct undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes, which are in sync with relevant engineering/technological disciplines. While the schools provide postgraduate and doctoral programmes, the centres are special interdisciplinary units, which cater to the academic requirements of the University. The aim to be dynamic, innovative and flexible in devising academic programmes, structures, and mechanisms. We believe in carrying out cutting-edge research and development for the benefit of society.
Official Website: thapar.edu
For more information regarding Thapar University Lateral Entry 2021-2022 Admission, download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.