TISS International Students Admission 2020 (IRO) – International Relations Office (IRO) has released application form for International Entrance Test (IET) 2020. The exam is on February 24 to 28, 2020, and the last date to apply is January 31, 2020. IET is held for admission of international students n B.A, M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D programmes, offered at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). It is conducted in the online mode and candidates who qualify it are called for Skype / Zoom Interviews. Scroll down to know more about TISS International Students Admission 2020 such as its selection process, eligibility criteria, process to apply etc.
Latest: TISS International Students Admission 2020 application form is available. Apply from the link below.
TISS International Students Admission 2020 (IRO)
International Relations Office (IRO) is the governing authority and is responsible for the admission process across various campus. For more information about TISS International Students Admission (IRO), candidates can check the table given below.
|Availability of application form||21 Oct 2019|
|Last date to apply||31 Jan 2020|
|Exam date (IET)||24 – 28 Feb 2020|
|Telephonic interview||9 Mar 2020|
|Announcement of result||15 May 2020|
|Verification of documents / medical test |
/ psychometric test
|1 – 5 Jun 2020|
Programmes Offered at TISS
Tata Institute of Social Sciences offers wide range of programmes for the international students. The programmes are offered in the governing authority’s 4 campuses namely at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, Chennai and Guhawati. The candidates can take admission in the following given programmes.
- Undergraduate Programmes (3 years)
- Post-Graduate Programmes (2 years)
- M.Phil (2 years)
- Direct PhD (3-5 years)
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Application Process
- Apply Here: Click Here to apply for TISS International Students Admission 2020.
The application form for TISS International Students Admission 2020 is released in the online mode at admissions.tiss.edu. The following steps given below can be checked to fill the form and submit it.
For taking admission in any of the courses, the candidates are required to fill the application form and submit it before the lapse of the deadline. The candidates are required to first register themselves at admissions.tiss.edu. The form filling is 6 step procedure wherein, the candidates have to enter some details.
Step 1: The candidates are required to submit the basic details such as personal details like name, gender, annual income, blood group etc.
Step 2: After submitting the personal details, the candidates are required to submit the academic details.
Step 3: Then, the work experience has to be entered.
Step 4: Upload the required scanned documents such as photograph and signature and other documents such as certificates. Passport, Bonafide Certificate and Proof of Income must be attached with the application form.
Step 5: Then, pay the application fee US $100 for the first programme and US $50 for any second preference. The fee is non – refundable.
Mode of payment: The candidates are required to pay the fee through online payment gateways like debit card / credit card / net banking.
|Degree / Other Certificates||512 KB|
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG / PNG||113 x 170 pixels|
|Signature||JPG / JPEG / PNG||302 x102 pixels|
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has set some terms and conditions for all the international students who want to apply for teh couses offered under this institute. The admission could take place on one condition which is to fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the programme. For the same reason, check the eligibility criteria given below.
- Only international students ware eligible to apply.
- Any person who is not an Indian citizen or Resident of India.
- All Foreign Nationals, Person of Indian origin card holders, Overseas citizen of India (OCI – Dual citizens), Non-Resident of India are considered under the International category.
NRI sponsored students or Indian students who have completed their degree / diploma abroad if they returned to India orhave an Indian passport under the International students category will have to apply through Indian Admission Channel.
Let us go through some of the important definition of the categories and see what are the eligibility requirements of that category
Definition of Person of Indian Origin
A citizen of a foreign country is a person is considered to be a PIO if meet the given requirements such as:
- He / she at any time had an Indian passport
- he / she or either of his / her parents or either of grandparents was a citizen of India
- He / she is a spouse of an Indian citizen (not belonging to Bangladesh or Pakistan)
Definition of a Non -Resident Indian (NRI)
Some programme related requirements and other additional requirements:
- An Indian citizen who resides in India for less than 182 days during the course of the preceding financial year
- One who has gone out of India for the purpose of employment or
- One who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for carrying on business or vocation outside India or
- The one who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for any other purpose specifying the intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period.
Definition of OCI
- The person who used to be Indian citizen
- A person who has the OCI Card
- A person with atleast one parent, gradnparent or great-grandparent who is / was an Indian citizen
- A person married to an Indian citizen or an existing OCI for atleast 2 consecutive years
It is to be noted that International admission process is very different from Indian admission process. So, make sure the following requirements are followed.
— International students can apply for maximum 02 programmes.
— The studnets must have minimum 50% marks / GPA in 10+2 / Undergraduate / Post-Graduate / M.Phil degree.
— The students who will be applying in M.A. in Human REsource Managaement and Labour Studies programme will require a 650 score and above in GMAT.
— The students who want to apply for PH.D are required to minimum 5 years of work experience – after the completion of their Masters in the relevant subject OR must have minimum 50% marks in M.Phil degree.
— The students who have passed the exam from foreign universities or Boards of Higher Education by the Association of Indian universities are eligible to apply.
Also, English Proficiency proof is important for the students who have studied in a university located in a non- English speaking country or whose mode of instruction during the earlietr degree was not English. In that case, the same person has to be provide any one of the following given scores and it must note be older than 2 years.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Academic version and minimum score of 6.5 is needed.
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL – iBT) is needed with a score of 90 / or intermediate level performance. or
- The candidates must have certificate of the proficiency in English language issued by the University / school / college basically where the applicant has passed their last qualifying exam.
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
There are two major steps which candidates have to surpass in order to take admission in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). The examination consists of two steps; first is the online entrance written test and the other is the interview.
- Mode: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Total marks: 100
- No. of parts: 2
Check the table given below to see the number of questions and what are the topics from where the questions will come.
|Parts||No . of questions||Type of questions|
|1||50||General Knowledge, English|
Proficiency, Maths and Logical Reasoning
|2||50||Subject – specific descriptive questions|
as per the applied programme
TISS International Students Admission 2020 (IET) Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern and syllabus it is the sole responsibility of the candidates to follow some pfreparation tips till the time of the examination in order to qualify the examination. So, check the expert tips given below.
- Proper Time Management: Make sure before starting the preparation, a proper time table has been prepared which could help in deciding the time for a particular section.
- Check the syllabus carefully: All the test takers must be familiar with the syllabus before starting their preparation. So, check the important topics and chapters beforehand.
- Purchase good study material: Pick out the best books possible from the market and prepare from those books only which have the concepts clearly stated in them.
- Understand the concepts: It is important not to mug up the topics rather understand the topics for the better understanding.
- Solve the sample papers: As this is a competitive exam, so there would be ‘n’ number of sample papers available. Dig them out and start practising for increasing the speed and accuracy.
- Revise: Do not forget to revise the concepts studied on a daily basis as this is the time when the concept is freshly understood and can be remembered. So, revise the topics time and again till the time of examination.
TISS International Students Admission 2020 (IET) Books
Candidates can check the table given below to see which books can be referred for the preparation of Interantional Entrance Test.
|General Knowledge 2020|
By Arihant Experts
|Rapid General Knowledge 2020|
for Competitive Exams 2nd Edition
By Disha Experts
By S.P Bakshi and Richa Sharma
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations|
By R.s Aggarwal
|A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal|
By B.S. & Indu Sijwali
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Selection Process
Tata Institute of Social Sciences have planned out a whole process for the candidates to take admission in the any of the courses. Check the instructions given below.
There are two modes of evaluation namely:
- International Entrance Test (IET) and
- Skype / Hangout interview
Both the assessments has the equal weightage and carries 100 marks each. The candidates are required to get 35 marks out of 100 to qualify a particular stage.
The candidates must note that during the admission process, personal achievements, work achievemments and overall background will also be considered at the time of admission.
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Interview
The skype interview for all the candidates who qualified IET will be conducted in the last week of February 2020. The skype test is of 100 marks. At the time of interview, a team of panel members / faculty panel is going to interview the candidate.
The time slots is going to be decided according to the availability of the panel list and keeping in mind the preferences of the candidates.
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Reservation Criteria
The institute has reserved some of the reservation criteria for the students belonging to some reserved category. The reservation criteria is as per the norms of Government of India. Check the table given below.
After all the tests, i.e., the online and the skype interview, the selected candidates have to undergo the medical examination which includes the physical and psychometric tests. After these tests, the candidates are required to produce original documents for the verification process.
Admission Rules for TISS International Students Admission 2020
There are some rules which all the candidates have to abide by as after following these rules only, the candidates can take smooth admission into their respective courses and campus. Check the terms and conditions given below.
- The selected students cannot change their programme after the written test / skype interview or after the announcement of the final result.
- The students are not allowed to transfer themselves from one programme / TISS branch after the programme has been started.
- The admission will be offered admission as per the preferences chosen by the candidates in the online application form.
- The final admission of the students will be finalized after the verification of the documents, the medical and psychometric test and depositing the admission fee.
- All the international students are required to register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FFRO) of the local police station within two weeks of arriving in India.
- All International Students (based on nationality/ visa requirements) will have to register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police station, within 2 weeks of arrival in India.
TISS International Students Admission 2020 Fee
The candidates can check the information provided below to see the fee which candidates have to pay at time of admission.
The candidates are required to pay US $500 per student for full time degree / diploma / short term degree courses.
About Tata Institute of Social Sciences and IRO
IRO got established in the year 2006 and it is responsible for conducting academic exchange between foreign universities and TISS. International Relations Office works as a centralized office and is responsible for the admission process of International students accross the 5 campuses. So, it conducts International Entgrance Test (IET) and Skype interveiws. The students can take admission in the campuses MUmbai, Hyderabad, Guhawati, Chennai and Tuljapur.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.