While the craze for MBA is of an undeniable level among graduates in India, a very niche group desires nothing more than getting admission in TISS. Tata Institute of Social Sciences has built a fan following owing to its specific courses for which there are good colleges far and few, its strategic location in Mumbai, small batch size, low fee, good faculty, and so on. In this scenario, TISSNET, the entrance exam for admission to TISS, and its post-exam processes play a critical role.
What happens after the TISSNET 2020 Result is announced?
In order to take admission the candidate had to Login via email id or and password. First of all, you need to check whether you have cleared the cut off laid down by TISS, for the program applied. If yes, then heartiest congratulations! You have levelled up.
Now, you have to appear in Pre-Interview Test (PIT) / Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI).
Role and weightage of each round: Depending on the program applied for, there are two possibilities for merit list compilation.
A. You appeared in TISSNET 2020 only: In your case the final merit list will be based on the following.
B. You appeared in TISSNET 2020 and TISS MAT 2020 (applicable to MA in HRM LR, MA ODCL applicants): For you the merit list will be based on the following components.
Pre Interview Test
The first challenge you will face after clearing the TISSNET exam, is the PIT. In this, there are supposed to be one case study, and one essay, say ex-TISS cleared candidates.
Case-let: It will be on any topic, inclined towards law, politics, social happenings. It will be followed by a few questions. Your awareness and sensitivity towards that field will be assessed on it.
Essay Topics: In TISS’ own words, in a document they had uploaded 3 years ago, “The essay will be on a given issue/theme of contemporary socio-political, economic, cultural and political significance”.
A few sample topics for TISS PIT Essay are:
- Privatization of higher education in India
- Role of CEO in the performance of a company
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Development of leadership in a corporation
- Retention of top talent
- Excelling in business, by thinking outside the boundaries
- Workplace diversity
- Moral aspects of research on animals
- Black money
- Climate change
According to a student who attended the GD for TISS admissions, the following happen.
- You get divided into groups and get a topic.
- Then you get 15 minutes to write on it.
- After that, the group discussion begins.
Topics for TISS GD: The topic can be anything under the sun. however they are usually such that have a social impact.
When you walk in for the interview, be ready for the unexpected. After the personal interview they candidate might have to submit TISS NET Admit Card along with other document to complete the admission provess. Nevertheless the interview experiences shared by candidates have provided some trends to keep in mind.
- You should be knowledgeable about your subject of graduation.
- General awareness is expected from you. Keep a tab on happenings in India and the world, pertaining to politics, science, sports, culture.
- Be geographically aware; know your roots.
- You will be asked a lot of questions specific to the course applied. Read up on them, be clear in your mind why you want to pursue it, and how you can contribute in that field.
- If you have work experience, then know the nitty-gritty of the industry you worked in.
Here is wishing you success for your next rounds at TISS. May you come out with flying colors in all PIT, PI, GD.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.