Eligibility for Pre-Interview Test (PIT)/ or Personal Interview (PI)
Short-listing of candidates for the second round of selection (PIT and PI) will be based on the merit list for online test (cut-off marks to be decided later by the Institute). Only short-listed candidates will receive call letters for the second round (PIT and PI) to be held in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Guwahati. The Pre-Interview Test consists of a Written Test.
- Candidates selected for PIT and PI can view their PIT-PI Dates HERE
Detailed Application Form For all Programmes: Candidates short-listed for PIT and PI will be required to download the Detailed Application Form, which will be available in the third week of February. Candidates are requested to check the admissions website in the third week of February.
For all the programmes across TISS Campuses, the PIT will be in the form of a Written Test/Group Discussion.
Personal Interview (PI): The candidate is expected to be acquainted with the programme for which he/she has applied for, as questions may be asked on the related topics during the PI.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE DURING PIT and PI at TISS Campuses:
Coupons can be purchased from the Cash Counter and the Hostel In-charge, if applicants wish to have tea/lunch in the Dining Hall of the Institute.
Facilities for SC and ST Candidates Eligible for Govt. of India (GoI) Post-Matric Scholarship:
- Reimbursement of Travelling Allowance (TA), etc.: If the SC/ST candidates, appearing for the National Entrance Tests of any of the Institute’s Master’s Degree programmes for the first time, are unemployed, and their parent’s/guardian’s income was less than Rs. 2.5 lakh, during the financial year and have submitted a certificate to this effect, they will be provided to-and-fro travel expenses (Second Class Railway or State Transport Bus fare). The reimbursement of the travel expenses will be subject to their submission of the original onward journey ticket and only on the production of caste/tribe, income certificate, specifying the income level of the candidate. It will be the responsibility of the SC/ST and OBC(NC) candidates to fill T.A. form.
- Reporting at the Institute for PIT and PI: SC/ST candidates, who are eligible for such facilities, should report at any one or two TISS Campuses only after receiving the call letter/mail for PIT and PI. They will be reimbursed to-and-fro travel expenses (Second Class Railway or State Transport Bus fare) from both the campuses.
- SC/ST candidates, who have already availed of such facilities, but were not selected in a previous attempt and who have been called for the test again will not be reimbursed their travel expenses. The boarding, lodging and travelling expenses incurred by them during the Written Test at the Centre, and the PIT and PI at the Institute will be reimbursed only if they are selected.
- SC/ST candidates, who have received financial assistance to enrol for a Master’s Degree programme of the Institute in one field, will not be eligible for similar facilities if they apply for another Master’s Degree programme of the Institute.
PIT/PI is organised at Mumbai, Hyderabd and Guwahati. Candidates for programmes from Mumbai and Tuljapur campuses will come to Mumbai Campus for the PIT/PI. Candidates selected for prrogrammes at Hyderabad’Guwahati will have go to these campuses for PIT/PI.
If you have any queries related to TISSNET 2018 Interview, please ask in comments below.