TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021-22 – Government of Tamilnadu, Directorate of Medical Education issued the notification for admission to Diploma in Nursing course for 2021 –2022 session (for Tamilnadu Candidates only) in Government Medical Colleges/Nursing Training centres in the state of Tamil Nadu through single window system.The candidates were required to ensure that the completed application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Selection Committee within the date and time specified. The Selection Committee shall not be responsible for any delay in the receipt or for the loss in transit of application form etc.
Latest: TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021- 22 Application Form has been Started. Click here to check it
Candidates can check complete details of TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021 like application form, eligibility criteria, seat intake, admission process, etc. from given below on this page.
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021
The government of Tamilnadu, Directorate of Medical Education offers admission to Diploma in Nursing course for the 2021-2022 session (for Tamilnadu Candidates only). The selection will be made on merit basis and by Counselling applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Interested candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria before applying.
Schedule for the TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021
|Commencement of application||25 Nov 2021|
|Last date for the online submission of application||04 Dec 2021|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online application||06 Dec 2021|
|Declaration of Merit List||To be announced|
|Last date of admission||To be announced|
Apply here: Click here to apply for the TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021- 22
The online submission of the Application form for admission to the Diploma in Nursing Course for 2021-2022 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges can be accessed from the following websites:
Procedure For Filling and Submission Of Online Application
- The candidate should log on in any one of the following websites:
- The fee for the online application process is Rs.300/- and should be paid via the bank portal.
- Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields.
- Request for change in any particulars in the online application shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submission.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one application form. If a candidate submits more than one application form, her candidature will be canceled.
- Candidates should ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct during the online submission of the application form.
- Candidates should submit the printout of the filled-in online application form (Hard Copy) along with necessary enclosures.
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should be a Native of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have studied from VIII to XII standards in schools of Tamil Nadu need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but studied from VIII to XII Std either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “Nativity Certificate’’.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format available in the Prospectus and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Birth Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Application without a proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered.
- Permanent Residence Certificate will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu alone will be considered for communal reservation.
- Nativity Certificate should be produced as per Instructions for Nativity Certificate
- Producing false Nativity Certificate if detected at any time later during the course of study will result in expulsion of the candidate and also initiation of criminal proceedings against the candidate as well as the Parents as per law.
Age Limit: Minimum age will be 17 years and maximum age limit is 35 years as on 31st December 2021.
Candidates should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board /any other equivalent Board in the following group of subjects.
- 65% of the seats will be filled up with candidates in the following subjects.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- 25% of the seats will be filled up with candidates in the following subjects.
- (Vocational Nursing) with Nursing .
- Foundation Science as Vocational subject.
- 10% of the seats will be filled with candidates in the subject not specified in items 1 and 2 above.
- If adequate number of eligible candidates are not available in item 2 and 3, the seats will be reverted back to item 1.
- Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Course in open university are not eligible to apply for Diploma in Nursing course.
- Candidates who have already completed Diploma in Nursing course are not eligible to apply.
Mimimum Eligibility Marks
- OC, BC, BCM & MBC/DNC Candidates – A pass in Higher Secondary Course with 40% of aggregate of marks.
- SC/SCA/ST candidates – A pass in Higher Secondary Course.
- Candidates should have studied Tamil as the first language.
Students will be admitted under the following categories on merit basis.
- Category – I Stipendiary
- Category – II Stipendiary(TAHDCO) (For SC/SCA/ST/SC converted Christians only)
The stipend will be paid as follows for the students admitted in Diploma in Nursing course from 2021-2022 session
- First Year : Rs. 600/- per month
- Second Year : Rs. 700/- per month
- Third Year : Rs. 800/- per month
Rs. 800/- shall be paid for the period of internship training.
The rate of Stipend is liable to be revised at any time without prior notice.
- Seats earmarked for the Special Categories will be allotted following the Horizontal Reservation. The Seats will be allotted as per merit order in the concerned special category and those seats will be deducted in the concerned compartment (OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST) and the remaining seats will be allotted to the General Category.
- If adequate number of eligible candidates are not available under Special Category, the earmarked seats will be reverted back to general category.
- The other eligibility conditions for admission will be applicable in the case of General Category.
Seats Reserved for Children of Ex-Servicemen – No. of Seats reserved: 57
- The candidate should furnish a certificate as prescribed in the Format in AnnexureII obtained from the competent authority.
- The special committee from the defence authorities constituted for this purpose will scrutinize certificates submitted by the candidates. Eligible candidates will be selected on merit basis.
Seats- Reserved for Eminent Sportsperson – No. of Seats reserved: 3
- Selection will be done by the Common Committee constituted for this purpose.
Seats Reserved for Orthopaedically Physically Disabled. – No. of Seats reserved: 56
- 3% of the total number of seats available in Government Institutions are reserved for the Orthopaedically Physically disabled candidates. The candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% shall be considered. The other conditions will be applicable as in the case of the general category.
- The candidates are required to produce a certificate from the District Medical Board of the area concerned constituted for the purpose assessing the nature and the extent of disability.
- The Certificate must have been obtained within three months prior to submitting the application. If the Certificate has been obtained earlier, the application will be rejected.
- The Medical Certificate issued by District Medical Board of the area concerned for this purpose is subject to the confirmation by the Expert Committee constituted by the Director of Medical Education at the time of counselling.
- Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity
- The selected candidates will be required to undergo second Medical Examination by a Medical Board constituted for the purpose by the Director of Medical Education to ascertain and confirm the nature and extent of physical disability.
- The Candidates with any other disability other than the locomotory disability of the lower limb will not be considered under this special category. Such application will be summarily rejected without any information to the candidate.
- Both upper limbs, vision and hearing should be normal.
- The decision of the Director of Medical Education in this regard will be final.
- Candidates who applied previously under Orthopaedically Physically Disabled category and were rejected by Special Medical Board constituted by the Director of Medical Education for this purpose are not eligible to apply under this category. Such application will be summarily rejected.
For more details of TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2021 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.