TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2017 – Government of Tamilnadu, Directorate of Medical Education issued the notification for admission to Diploma in Nursing course for 2017 –2018 session (for Tamilnadu Candidates only) in Government Medical Colleges/Nursing Training centres in the state of Tamil Nadu through single window system.The candidates were required to ensure that the completed application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Selection Committee within the date and time specified.The Selection Committee shall not be responsible for any delay in the receipt or for the loss in transit of application form etc.
Candidates can check complete details of TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2017 like application form, eligibility criteria, seat intake, admission process etc. from given below on this page.
TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2017
The government of Tamilnadu, Directorate of Medical Education offers admission to Diploma in Nursing course for the 2017-2018 session (for Tamilnadu Candidates only). The selection will be made on merit basis and by Counselling applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Interested candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria before applying.
Schedule for the TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of sale of application||11 Oct 2017|
|Last date for sale of application||23 Oct 2017 Up to 5:00 PM|
|Last date for receipt of the application||23 Oct 2017 5:00 pm|
|Declaration of Merit List||03 Nov 2017|
|Last date of admission||2nd week of Nov 2017|
Counselling schedule has been made available on the websites. The Candidates will be called for counselling as per their merit and they may exercise their option as per their eligibility norms. Candidates who have not received the Call Letter in time can also attend the counselling as per schedule and as per their merit with call letters downloaded from the websites.
Click here to check the official counselling schedule notice.
Counselling (Single Window System)
- The selection will be made on merit basis and by Counselling applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu
- Open Competition – 31 %
- Backward Class – 30 %
- Most Backward /Denotified Community – 20 %
- Scheduled Caste – 18 %
- Scheduled Tribe – 1 %
- Within 30% reservation for BC, 3.5% reservation will be provided for BC Muslims and within 18% of reservation for SC candidates, 16% of seats out of 18% quota earmarked to SC shall be allotted to the Arunthathiyar community
- BC, BCM, MBC, DNC, SC, SCA & ST are eligible for selection under open competition as per merit in addition to the reservation made for them.
- Any remaining unfilled seats for want of adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to SCA community shall be filled by candidates belonging to SC community other than Arunthathiyar as per merit and vice versa.
- Any remaining reserved seats in ST Quota for want of adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to SC Community as per merit.
- Any remaining unfilled seats in BCM Community for want of adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on merit basis by candidates belonging to BC community without exceeding the quota for BC community as a whole.
- Even after filling up of the required seats reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them.
Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu has published the list of allotted candidates for Diploma in Nursing for woman. Applicants can check the Allotment list from the official website or from the link below.
Check Allotment List:
- To check the Allotment list (as per November 13, 2017): Click Here
- To check Vacancy position for Science group (as on 12 Nov 2017): Click Here
- To check the list (as per November 11, 2017): Click Here
The provisional merit list has been released for the eligible candidates for Diploma in nursing 2017-18 session.Candidates can check the list from the official website or from the below-given links
- Voc Nursing Group: Click Here to see the list of eligible candidates
- Science Group: Click Here to see the list of eligible candidates
- Other Group: Click Here to see the list of eligible candidates
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should be a Native of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have studied from VIII to XII standards in schools of Tamil Nadu need not enclose the “Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but studied from VIII to XII Std either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “Nativity Certificate’’.
- The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the competent authority only in the specified format available in the Prospectus and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Birth Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Application without a proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered.
- Permanent Residence Certificate will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu alone will be considered for communal reservation.
- Nativity Certificate should be produced as per Instructions for Nativity Certificate
- Producing false Nativity Certificate if detected at any time later during the course of study will result in expulsion of the candidate and also initiation of criminal proceedings against the candidate as well as the Parents as per law.
Age Limit: Minimum age will be 17 years and maximum age limit is 35 years as on 31st December 2017.
Candidates should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board /any other equivalent Board in the following group of subjects.
- 65% of the seats will be filled up with candidates in the following subjects.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- 25% of the seats will be filled up with candidates in the following subjects.
- (Vocational Nursing) with Nursing .
- Foundation Science as Vocational subject.
- 10% of the seats will be filled with candidates in the subject not specified in items 1 and 2 above.
- If adequate number of eligible candidates are not available in item 2 and 3, the seats will be reverted back to item 1.
- Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Course in open university are not eligible to apply for Diploma in Nursing course.
- Candidates who have already completed Diploma in Nursing course are not eligible to apply.
Mimimum Eligibility Marks
- OC, BC, BCM & MBC/DNC Candidates – A pass in Higher Secondary Course with 40% of aggregate of marks.
- SC/SCA/ST candidates – A pass in Higher Secondary Course.
- Candidates should have studied Tamil as the first language.
Students will be admitted under the following categories on merit basis.
- Category – I Stipendiary
- Category – II Stipendiary(TAHDCO) (For SC/SCA/ST/SC converted Christians only)
The stipend will be paid as follows for the students admitted in Diploma in Nursing course from 2017-2018 session
- First Year : Rs. 600/- per month
- Second Year : Rs. 700/- per month
- Third Year : Rs. 800/- per month
Rs. 800/- shall be paid for the period of internship training.
The rate of Stipend is liable to be revised at any time without prior notice.
- Seats earmarked for the Special Categories will be allotted following the Horizontal Reservation. The Seats will be allotted as per merit order in the concerned special category and those seats will be deducted in the concerned compartment (OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST) and the remaining seats will be allotted to the General Category.
- If adequate number of eligible candidates are not available under Special Category, the earmarked seats will be reverted back to general category.
- The other eligibility conditions for admission will be applicable in the case of General Category.
Seats Reserved for Children of Ex-Servicemen – No. of Seats reserved: 57
- The candidate should furnish a certificate as prescribed in the Format in AnnexureII obtained from the competent authority.
- The special committee from the defence authorities constituted for this purpose will scrutinize certificates submitted by the candidates. Eligible candidates will be selected on merit basis.
Seats- Reserved for Eminent Sportsperson – No. of Seats reserved: 3
- Selection will be done by the Common Committee constituted for this purpose.
Seats Reserved for Orthopaedically Physically Disabled. – No. of Seats reserved: 56
- 3% of the total number of seats available in Government Institutions are reserved for the Orthopaedically Physically disabled candidates. The candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% shall be considered. The other conditions will be applicable as in the case of the general category.
- The candidates are required to produce a certificate from the District Medical Board of the area concerned constituted for the purpose assessing the nature and the extent of disability.
- The Certificate must have been obtained within three months prior to submitting the application. If the Certificate has been obtained earlier, the application will be rejected.
- The Medical Certificate issued by District Medical Board of the area concerned for this purpose is subject to the confirmation by the Expert Committee constituted by the Director of Medical Education at the time of counselling.
- Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity
- The selected candidates will be required to undergo second Medical Examination by a Medical Board constituted for the purpose by the Director of Medical Education to ascertain and confirm the nature and extent of physical disability.
- The Candidates with any other disability other than the locomotory disability of the lower limb will not be considered under this special category. Such application will be summarily rejected without any information to the candidate.
- Both upper limbs, vision and hearing should be normal.
- The decision of the Director of Medical Education in this regard will be final.
- Candidates who applied previously under Orthopaedically Physically Disabled category and were rejected by Special Medical Board constituted by the Director of Medical Education for this purpose are not eligible to apply under this category. Such application will be summarily rejected.
For more details of TN Diploma Nursing Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure