The Tamilnadu Dr M.G.Rn Medical University every year gives admission to the interested and eligible candidates to M.Sc Nursing. The candidates who shall apply for the course does not have to appear for any entrance examination or test. The admission to the M.Sc Nursing will be done through the academic marks obtained in B.Sc Nursing and the experience marks.
Health & Family Welfare (PME1) Department, Selection Committee Directorate of Medical Education has released the notification for M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018. Both the Government and self-financing colleges shall take part in the admission. There are 2 Government colleges 2 deemed colleges and 70 private colleges for the Tamil Nadu M.Sc Nursing admission. The admission in M.Sc Nursing is open to all the male and female candidates and for both service and private candidates. The final selection of the candidate in the course will be done by counseling and in accordance with the reservation norms of the University.
TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018
Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing application is available on the official website of the Health & Family Welfare (PME1 ) Department at www.tnhealth.org from September 19, 2018. The university shall give admission in the course only after the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria by the candidate. Therefore only the eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form. Here in this article, we will discuss the eligibility conditions for the course along with that how to apply for admission, selection criteria, counselling merit list and the important dates for the Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018.
The dates for Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing admission 2018 is given below.
|Date of Admission Notification||19 Sep 2018|
|Release of online Application form||19 Sep 2018|
|Last date for online Applications form||30 Sep 2018 up to 5:00 pm|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online application||01 Oct 2018 up to 5:00 pm|
|Counselling date||29 Oct 2018|
|Address to which Print out of online application along with enclosure has to be sent||The Secretary, Selection Committee, No.162, Periyar EVR High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai – 600 010.|
|Re-Allotment/ Allotment||29 Nov 2018|
|Counselling Venue||Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk Chennai-600010.|
Counselling for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018
The allotment of the seats for the eligible candidates will be done on the basis of merit and the reservation rules set by the University. Candidates will be called for the counselling in order of their ranks in the batches. The college will be allotted to the candidate in accordance of the merit. Option once given during the counselling will not be changed afterwards. The re-allotment of the course will only be permitted during the 2nd round of counseling. At the time of counselling, the document verification of the candidate will be done. Therefore, candidates must bring the original documents with them (mentioned above) at the time of counselling. All candidates attending the counselling for M Sc., ( Nursing ) Degree Course will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai – 10”.
- Click here to check Allotted list for M Sc Nursing 2018-19 session on Nov 20, 2018.
- Click here to check Allotted list for M Sc Nursing 2018-19 session on Oct 29, 2018.
- Click here to check Allotted list for MSc Nursing 2018-19 session on Oct 26, 2018.
- Click here to check Tentative Re-Allotment and Allotment counselling schedule for M.Sc Nursing course 2018-2019 session for Government Colleges.
- Click here to check the vacancy position for M.Sc Nursing Course 2018-19 session as on Nov 22, 2018.
- Click here to check the vacancy position for MSc Nursing Course 2018-19 session as on Nov 19, 2018.
- Click here to check Re-Allotment and Allotment counselling schedule for M Sc Nursing course 2018-2019 session for Government Colleges.
- Click here to check the vacancy position for MSc Nursing Course 2018-19 session
- Click here to download call Letter for counselling of M Sc Nursing Course Session 2018-2019.
- Click here to check tentative counselling schedule.
Tamilnadu Dr M.G.Rn Medical University has published provisional merit list for admission into Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing 2018. Candidates can check the merit list from the official website after the publish.
- Click here to check the Provisional merit list for M Sc nursing 2018-19
- Click here to check the list of non-eligible candidates for M.Sc. Nursing
Preparation of Merit List
The selection of the candidates in TN MS.c Nursing 2018 will be done on the basis of the merit list based on the Academic and experience marks. The list is prepared for a total mark of 100, in which 90 marks for academic session in B.Sc Nursing and 10 marks for the experience. Let us understand the selection criteria in detail:
Calculation of Academic Marks
The marks of the academic session is calculated by adding the marks obtained in all the semesters of B.Sc Nursing/ Post Basic. The added value has been reduced to a base of 90 marks and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurately to two decimals. The example is given below in the image.
Maximum of 10 marks has been awarded as experience marks to the service or not service candidates. One mark of each completed year of experience is calculated as on August 31, 2018, from the last month of passing B.Sc Nursing Degree examination.
After checking whether you are eligible or not for the admission in Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 and the preparation of merit list for the same, now let us take a look at the expected dates for the admission.
Application form for the TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018
The interested and eligible candidates can apply now for the TN M.Sc Nursing admission only through the online mode. However, the application form will be submitted through the offline mode with duly attested copies of all the important documents attached to it. After filing the application form through online mode candidates must take a printout of it. The candidates are advised to fill the application form very carefully with all the required information. All the applicants have to submit a certain amount of application fee along with the application form.
Apply Online: click here to apply online for admission to MSc Nursing Course 2018-2019.
The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1200/- It should be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Chennai 10” payable at Chennai.
- SC / SCA / ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Attested recent identical passport size photographs should be affixed to the application form.
Note: If the Photograph is not a recent one taken at the time of submitting the application, the application will be rejected.
The filled in application form along with the DD of application fee and Duly attested copies of documents must be sent to the prescribed address of the University as mentioned on the website. The list of the enclosures that must be attached with the application form is given below:
- B.Sc Nursing Degree Certificate or provisional pass certificate
- All the mark sheets from 1st semester to last semester of B.Sc Nursing
- Permanent/Provisional certificate of Diploma / B.Sc., (Nursing) Degree / Post-Basic Nursing issued by Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council and Midwifery Council.
- Community Certificate
- Class 10th passing/ school leaving/ college leaving certificate for age proof
- Eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical
- Attempt Certificate in Final Year B.Sc.(Nursing)
- Experience certificate for one year after Provisional registration from any hospital/ Nursing college/ Health center.
- Native certificate if applicable
- Copy of Posting order ( For service candidates )
After checking whether you are eligible or not for the admission in Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 and the selection criteria for the same, now let us take a look at the expected dates for the admission.
Eligibility Criteria for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018
The candidates who are willing to take admission in the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.Rn Medical University for the M.sc Nursing course must read the eligibility norms very carefully before filling the application form. The University has set the eligibility criteria for the M.Sc Nursing admission 2018.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and natives of Tamil Nadu.
- The applicants who have studied the BS.C Nursing in other States should furnish a certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority.
- Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates must possess a Degree in B.Sc Nursing from a recognized University. The candidates applying for the course have to produce the eligibility certificate from the Tamilnadu Dr M.G.Rn Medical University at the time of counseling.
- The candidates should have obtained at least 55%(50% for SC/ST candidates) aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (B.Sc Nursing)
- B. Sc., Nursing Graduates should have one year of experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or one year of experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in any teaching Hospital / Nursing College / School of Nursing / Community Health Centres is also eligible to apply for the admission.
- A candidate who has already completed or possess a Postgraduate Degree in any speciality in M.Sc or doing post graduation is ineligible to apply for any other speciality in M.Sc (Nursing ) Degree course.
- The following categories of B.Sc., Nursing Graduates will be treated as Service candidates if:
(i) the candidates are Nursing graduates from TN Medical Service on regular basis and who have completed 2 years of service as on August 31, 2018.
(ii) Nursing graduates who are approved probationers serving in local bodies and who have completed 2 years of service as on August 31, 2018
- The following categories of B.Sc.,(Nursing) Graduates will be considered for selection under open quota as on – service candidates only if
(i) Nursing graduates who are serving in Govt. of India institutions in Tamil Nadu / Public Sector undertaking and organization under control of Government of India in Tamil Nadu.
(ii) B.Sc.(Nursing) Graduates who are serving purely under temporary category in Tamil Nadu Medical Service / Local bodies.
(iii) B.Sc., Nursing Graduates serving in the Private sector.
All the candidates selected at the time of counselling have to pay the prescribed tuition fee of the respective college. The duration and the course fee of the government and private college are mentioned below in the table:
|Course||Tuition Fee (Tentative)|
|Government Colleges (Rs. per annum)||Self-financing Colleges (Rs. per annum)|
|M.Sc (Nursing)||Rs. 5000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
What will be the Selection Criteria for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission?
The selection for the Admission in M.Sc Nursing will be made through counselling that will be based on the merit list and the reservation policy of the University. 50% of seats in each speciality and in each college are reserved for service candidates, in addition to those service candidates selected in the open category.
Official Website: www.tnhealth.org
For more details of Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.