Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 – Health & Family Welfare Department has released the Final Phase Allotment List for admission to M.Sc Nursing course. Candidates can check the final phase allotment list in PDF form at tnhealth.tn.gov.in or through the below direct link. The candidates who applied for the course do not have to appear for any entrance examination or test. The admission to the M.Sc Nursing is done through the academic marks obtained in B.Sc Nursing and the experience marks. Candidates check more about the Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020, from this page.
Latest: TN Health has released the Final Phase Allotment List for admission to M.Sc Nursing course. Scroll down to check it.
Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020
Candidates can check any change or modification and relevant information about this M.Sc Nursing admission process available on the official website, tnhealth.tn.gov.in or tnmedicalselection.org. So, applicants can check more details about the Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 important schedule below the table.
The dates for Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing admission 2020 is given below.
|Date of Notification||06 Dec 2020|
|Commencement of online application||06 Dec 2020|
|Last Date for online application||15 Dec 2020 up to 05:00 PM|
|Last Date for receipt of Print out of|
|15 Dec 2020 up to 05:00 PM|
|Address to which Print out of online|
application along with enclosure have to
|The Secretary, Selection|
Periyar EVR High Road,
Kilpauk, Chennai – 600
|Release of allotment list||01 Feb 2021|
|Release of final phase allotment list||25 Feb 2021|
TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Allotment List
TN Health has released the seat allotment list for admission to M.Sc nursing course. It has released in PDF format at tnhealth.tn.gov.in. Candidates can check the allotment list directly from below link.
TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Final Phase Counselling Schedule – Available!
- Click here to check the TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Final Phase Counselling Schedule and Guideline.
TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Counselling – Final Phase Registration Open
A candidate has to register and lock the choice online for the final phase round counselling process. Candidates must note that option once given during the online counselling cannot be changed later. On the basis of choice locking, candidates will allotted seats in colleges. Selected candidates should pay the tuition fee and then download their provisional allotment order and join the course in the concerned Colleges on or before the date and time specified in the allotment order.
Final Phase Counselling Registration: Click here to apply for the Final Phase Counselling for TN M.Sc Nursing 2020.
2nd Counselling Registration: Click here to register for 2nd round Counselling for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020.
Counselling Registration: Click here to Apply for the Counselling for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020
Tamilnadu Dr M.G.Rn Medical University has published provisional merit list for admission into Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing 2020. Candidates can check the merit list from the official website after the publish.
Preparation of Merit List
The selection of the candidates in TN MS.c Nursing 2020 will be done on the basis of the merit list based on the Academic and experience marks. The list is prepared for a total mark of 100, in which 90 marks for academic session in B.Sc Nursing and 10 marks for the experience. Let us understand the selection criteria in detail:
Calculation of Academic Marks
The marks of the academic session is calculated by adding the marks obtained in all the semesters of B.Sc Nursing/ Post Basic. The added value has been reduced to a base of 90 marks and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurately to two decimals. The example is given below in the image.
One mark for each completed year of experience as on 31.08.2020 which is calculated from the last date of the month of passing B.Sc (Nursing) Degree Examination, subject to a maximum of 10 marks shall be awarded as experience mark for both Service and Non Service candidates.
Two marks will be awarded to each year of Government Service in hilly areas & it will be awarded to a maximum of 10 marks. Altogether the total marks awarded for experience will be restricted to 10 marks to all candidate including candidates from hilly areas. Fractional values of a year will not be counted for awarding marks for experience and service in hilly areas.
Application form for the TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020
The interested and eligible candidates can apply now for the TN M.Sc Nursing admission only through the online mode. However, the application form will be submitted through the offline mode with duly attested copies of all the important documents attached to it. After filing the application form through online mode candidates must take a printout of it. The candidates are advised to fill the application form very carefully with all the required information. All the applicants have to submit a certain amount of application fee along with the application form.
Application Form process has been over now!
The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1200/- It should be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Chennai 10” payable at Chennai.
- SC / SCA / ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Attested recent identical passport size photographs should be affixed to the application form.
Note: If the Photograph is not a recent one taken at the time of submitting the application, the application will be rejected.
The filled in application form along with the DD of application fee and Duly attested copies of documents must be sent to the prescribed address of the University as mentioned on the website. The list of the enclosures that must be attached with the application form is given below:
- B.Sc Nursing Degree Certificate or provisional pass certificate
- All the mark sheets from 1st semester to last semester of B.Sc Nursing
- Permanent/Provisional certificate of Diploma / B.Sc., (Nursing) Degree / Post-Basic Nursing issued by Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council and Midwifery Council.
- Community Certificate
- Class 10th passing/ school leaving/ college leaving certificate for age proof
- Eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical
- Attempt Certificate in Final Year B.Sc.(Nursing)
- Experience certificate for one year after Provisional registration from any hospital/ Nursing college/ Health center.
- Native certificate if applicable
- Copy of Posting order ( For service candidates )
After checking whether you are eligible or not for the admission in Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 and the selection criteria for the same, now let us take a look at the expected dates for the admission.
Eligibility Criteria for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020
The candidates who are willing to take admission in the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.Rn Medical University for the M.sc Nursing course must read the eligibility norms very carefully before filling the application form. The University has set the eligibility criteria for the M.Sc Nursing admission 2020.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and natives of Tamil Nadu.
- The applicants who have studied the BS.C Nursing in other States should furnish a certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority.
- Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates must possess a Degree in B.Sc Nursing from a recognized University. The candidates applying for the course have to produce the eligibility certificate from the Tamilnadu Dr M.G.Rn Medical University at the time of counseling.
- The candidates should have obtained at least 55%(50% for SC/ST candidates) aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (B.Sc Nursing)
- B. Sc., Nursing Graduates should have one year of experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or one year of experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in any teaching Hospital / Nursing College / School of Nursing / Community Health Centres is also eligible to apply for the admission.
- A candidate who has already completed or possess a Postgraduate Degree in any speciality in M.Sc or doing post graduation is ineligible to apply for any other speciality in M.Sc (Nursing ) Degree course.
- The following categories of B.Sc., Nursing Graduates will be treated as Service candidates if:
(i) the candidates are Nursing graduates from TN Medical Service on regular basis and who have completed 2 years of service as on August 31, 2020.
(ii) Nursing graduates who are approved probationers serving in local bodies and who have completed 2 years of service as on August 31, 2020
- The following categories of B.Sc.,(Nursing) Graduates will be considered for selection under open quota as on – service candidates only if
(i) Nursing graduates who are serving in Govt. of India institutions in Tamil Nadu / Public Sector undertaking and organization under control of Government of India in Tamil Nadu.
(ii) B.Sc.(Nursing) Graduates who are serving purely under temporary category in Tamil Nadu Medical Service / Local bodies.
(iii) B.Sc., Nursing Graduates serving in the Private sector.
All the candidates selected at the time of counselling have to pay the prescribed tuition fee of the respective college. The duration and the course fee of the government and private college are mentioned below in the table:
|Course||Tuition Fee (Tentative)|
|Government Colleges (Rs. per annum)||Self-financing Colleges (Rs. per annum)|
|M.Sc (Nursing)||Rs. 5000/-||Rs. 50,000/-|
What will be the Selection Criteria for TN M.Sc Nursing Admission?
The selection for the Admission in M.Sc Nursing will be made through counselling that will be based on the merit list and the reservation policy of the University. 50% of seats in each speciality and in each college are reserved for service candidates, in addition to those service candidates selected in the open category.
Official Website: tnhealth.org
For more details of Tamilnadu M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.