TNLEA 2021 – Tamil Nadu Lateral Entry Engineering Counselling 2021 is being conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education for admission to the second year in BE/B.Tech programs. Eligible candidates are invited to apply online starting from August 08, 2021, and upload scanned copies of requisite documents to participate in the Counselling process. Interested candidates can register and apply online on the official LEA portal i.e., tnlea.com. Based on the merit of candidates, the LEA authority releases a rank list on the basis of which, the allotment of institutions and branches is done. Read this article for the complete details of TNLEA 2021 including eligibility, application process and more.
Latest: TNLEA 2021 Application Form is available. Check details below.
Counselling for admission to Engineering/Technology under TNLEA 2021 is conducted entirely online on the official LEA portal i.e., tnlea.com. Candidates are required to register and apply, upload documents, verify certificates, add & lock choice of institute & branch, tentative allotment and submission of allotment option all on the official website. Check out the schedule released for the TNLEA 2021 here below.
|Start of applications||10 Aug 2021|
|Start Date of Certificate Upload||10 Aug 2021|
|Last date to apply & certificate upload||To be announced|
|Certificate Verification||To be announced|
|TNLEA 2021 Rank Publication||To be announced|
|Choice Filling||To be announced|
|Tentative Allotment||To be announced|
|Provisional Allotment||To be announced|
|Final Allotment||To be announced|
|Reporting to colleges for admission||To be announced|
Eligibility for TNLEA 2021
LEA Authority, Tamil Nadu has already specified the minimum conditions of eligibility for admission to the second year of BE/B.Tech programs under TNLEA 2021. The complete details are indicated through the official notification for admission. Check out the details below.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu or other state who have passed Class 9, 10 and Diploma/Class 11, 12 and B.Sc from schools/colleges of Tamil Nadu are eligible without nativity certificate.
- Original nativity certificate is required for those who have obtained the aforementioned qualifications from outsider of Tamil Nadu.
- Children of government employees serving in the state for at least 05 years are eligible.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible.
- Candidates must have passed in Diploma or B.Sc course with requisite percentage (see image below).
TNLEA 2021 Application Form
Candidates interested in admission directly to second year BE/B.Tech programs in Government Aided and Government Engineering colleges or other concerned colleges of Tamil Nadu are required to register online and fill up the application form for counselling. Here is a simple step by step elaboration of the complete online registration/application process conducted on tnlea.com.
- Open the website tnlea.com.
- Click on Sign Up and fill up the registration form with details such as name, mobile number, email ID, password.
- Verify OTP and complete the registration process.
- Use the registered Mobile Number and Password to login and fill up the application form.
- Fill up the form with Personal Information, Special Reservation, Academic Details, Document Upload.
- Preview the filled up application form once done.
- Make the payment of the fee online.
- Submit the application form online.
- Download a copy of the submitted online application form.
Documents Upload After TNLEA 2021 Registrations
The next step, after a candidate has successfully applied for TNLEA 2021 admission, is to upload scanned documents as per instructions. Document upload is only possible after candidates have complete the registration process and paid the application fee. A list of mandatory documents to be uploaded in the JPG/JPEG format only is specified by the LEA Authority, Tamil Nadu for TNLEA 2021.
Here is the list of documents.
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Community Certificate (except OC candidates)
- Consolidated mark sheet
- Provisional/degree certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Differently Abled certificate
- Eminent Sports Personality certificate
- Freedom figher certificate
- ESM certificate
- Sri Lankan Refugee certificate
TNLEA 2021 Counselling Procedure
The entire counselling procedure for TNLEA 2021 Lateral Entry in BE/B.Tech courses in 2021 consist of a number of important steps. The counselling process starts with the invitation for online registration and application form fill up. It goes on, in various phases, till the candidates have been instructed to report to respective colleges. Here are the key stages of counselling.
- Step 1 – Online Registrations and payment of application fee.
- Step 2 – Uploading scanned copies of original documents
- Step 3 – Online certificate verification
- Step 4 – Rank publication by LEA Authority
- Step 5 – Online choice filling of institute and branch
- Step 6 – Publication of tentative allotment list
- Step 7 – Confirmation of allotment options by candidates
- Step 8 – Provisional Allotment of institute and branch
- Step 9 – Final allotment of institute and branch
- Step 10 – Reporting to alloted institute for admission on specified date.
TNLEA 2021 Allocation of Seats
Allocation of seats to eligible applicants for TNLEA 2021 admission is conducted in regards to the government norms for reservation. Candidates can check the seat reservation details below. For special reservation details and a list of different communities, candidates are advised to refer to the official notification.
Ans. Tamil Nadu Lateral Entry Engineering Counselling 2021 is for admission to the second year in BE/B.Tech programs.
Ans. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu.
Ans. Candidates have to register and apply online on tnlea.com
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.