|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Top 10 Architecture colleges in India
- Sir J.J. College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli
- Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, JMI
- Department of Architecture, BIT, Mesra
- R V School of Architecture, RVCE, Bangalore
- Faculty of Architecture, Manipal University
Given below are details of the colleges and the basis of admission in each. This list of Top India Architecture colleges with their respective locations and admission details will help you in choosing the top most and best B.Arch institutes.
1. Sir J.J. College of Architecture, Mumbai
Sir J. J. College of Architecture is an architecture school located in downtown Mumbai, affiliated to University of Mumbai.
Address: 78/3, Dadabhai Naoroji Rd, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Dhobi Talao, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Admission is on basis of MAH AR CAT conducted by DTE Maharashtra.
2. Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667, India.
Admission is on basis of AAT conducted by IITs.
Architecture Aptitude Test : All candidates aspiring for undergraduate courses in IIT (irrespective of any branch) should write Paper-1 only of JEE (Main). If selected within the top 2,00,000 (including all categories), the candidate will be able to write the JEE (Advanced). Moreover, candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. courses will be required to qualify in an Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) to be conducted at all zonal IITs. However the seat allotment will be done based on the JEE (Advanced) rank only. Online registration for appearing in AAT need to be done as per schedule.
Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
The Chandigarh College of Architecture is a college imparting education and research in the field of architecture.
Address: Sector 12,Chandigarh,Chandigarh,160012, Sector 12, Chandigarh, 160012, India
Admission is on basis of JEE Main B.Arch Paper.
This is for the information of all aspirants that admission to B. Arch. Course to this College will be made on the basis JEE(Main) for those students who have qualified in the Architecture Aptitude Test & obtained All India Rank (AIR) for B. Architecture/ B.Planning. For admission to B.Arch. Course in this College, desirous candidates are required to submit their applications ON-LINE on the following website: – www.chdenggadmissions.nic.in. For details regarding Registration-cum-counseling fee, please follow the directions as given on the above-mentioned Admission Website.
4. Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli
The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (NITT), also referred to as National Institute of Technology, Trichy, formerly Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli, is a public engineering and technology university located 20 km near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India.
Address: Tanjore Main Road,National Highway 67, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620015, India
Admission is on basis of JEE Main.
5. Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut
The National Institute of Technology Calicut, formerly the Calicut Regional Engineering College, is a federally funded technical university and an institute of national importance governed by an act passed by the Parliament of India.
Address: Kettangal Koduvally Road, Kozhikode, Kerala 673601, India
Admission is on basis of JEE Main.
Admission to B.Arch and B.Tech degree programs at NIT Calicut, though Central Counselling Board will be based on the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main) and in the class 12/other Qualifying Examination. For information on Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
6. Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon
Sushant School of Art and Architecture is a private Architecture college in Gurgaon, National Capital Region, India.
Address: Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Sector 55, District Gurgaon – 122 003, Haryana
Admission is on basis of NATA scores. Student should have qualified NATA. The admission is based on weightage given to 12th Class results and NATA scores.
7. Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, JMI
Address: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110025, India
Admission to B.Arch. & B.Arch. (Self-financing), M. Ekistics, M. Arch ( All five specializations) in the Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics are made on the basis of written test & aptitude test followed by interview.
8. Department of Architecture, BIT, Mesra
The Department of Architecture was established at BIT Mesra in the year 1993, in keeping with the multifarious scope of Architecture as the art and science of designing spaces and adding value to a meaningful, built environment.
Address: BIT Mersra Road, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215, India
Admission is on basis of JEE Main.
9. R V School of Architecture, RVCE, Bangalore
Address: R V Vidyanikethan Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore, KA, 560059, India
Admission is on basis of NATA, COMEDK and Management Quota.
Candidates having minimum 50% marks in aggregate, in the following examinations, are eligible to apply for the B.Arch course.
- New 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent with Mathematics as subjects of examination at the 10+2 level. OR 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognised by Central/ State Governments. OR International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
- They have to pass the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), with a minimum of 40 marks out of 200, to be eligible for admission to 5 year B.Arch Course.
- CET admissions: Candidates seeking admissions under this category shall obtain admission through the CET Cell of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). They should pass the NATA Test conducted by COA. The minimum eligibility required is PUC or equivalent from the recognized board under the Karnataka state. The candidates must have obtained 50% marks in the qualifying examination and must be the resident of Karnataka state and the minimum age limit is set to be 17 years. For more information log on to www.kea.kar.nic.in
- COMED-K admissions:Candidates seeking admissions under this category shall obtain admission through the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMED-K). They should pass the NATA Test conducted by COA. For more information log on to www.comedk.org
- Management Quota: Candidates seeking admissions under this category may contact Honorary Secretary, RSS Trust. They should pass the NATA Test conducted by COA.
10.Faculty of Architecture, Manipal University
Faculty of Architecture (FOA) has been providing world class education under multicultural environment since 1978. Its aims to foster creative, innovative and intellectually vibrant learning with a global outlook that would establish academic and professional excellence in architecture.
Address: The Director, Faculty of Architecture, Manipal University, Manipal – 576104, Karnataka, India
Admission is through MU OET.