Studying in the top universities of India is the dream of every student in the country to fulfill their dream of leading a successful & happy life and the easiest way to make your dream come true is to figure out the best suitable city to pursue your dream.
One should not forget that more than 50% of the candidates qualifying for IIT/IIM every year comes from the schools affiliated to Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE).The locations of these schools in the country’s top metropolitan cities makes them the most preferable choice amongst students and parents as most of the country’s top institutes/universities for quality higher education are situated in these cities.
In this article we will tell you about the top 5 cities in India for best higher education and better job opportunities in order to help you achieve your educational and professional goals to lead a successful and happy life ahead.
First on the list is the national capital of India i.e Delhi. It is home to one of the finest and prominent higher education institutes in India. From being home to India’s most premier Delhi university to Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi promises to be the best choice for students in order to achieve quality higher education with its wide range of the country’s finest institutes/universities. IIT Delhi & Jawaharlal Nehru University are Delhi’s best higher education institutions not only because they are the best in the country but they have also made their mark at the international level.
Some of the prominent Institution other than IIT Delhi & Delhi university are:
- GNIOT (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- MRIU (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- Amity University (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- SAITM – Gurgaon (Application Open) – Apply Now!
National Capital Region (NCR) comprising of Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida is called the IT Hub of india due to the presence of many leading MNCs such as MphasiS, Accenture, HCL Technologies, Sapient, IBM, Infosys, Cognizant, Google etc. that are constantly looking for the suitable talented candidates to work for them, which makes Delhi/NCR the best suitable option for a job seeking candidate due to the presence of these multinational companies.
- Average Package Offered : Rs.5-6 LPA
- Highest Package Offered : Upto Rs.27 LPA ( Offered at Amity University )
Mumbai, a city of opportunities & dreams, is well known as the financial capital of india. The lighting fast life of this city can be troublesome and scary for some but for a student it has a wide variety of opportunities available to achieve & fulfill their dreams of academic excellence. If you wish to apply for arts, science, commerce or technical education the city offers a wide range of options of institutes/universities to choose from that offers quality higher education. Since, Mumbai is the hub of Indian Film industry, opting for a mass media course can be a really good choice as there are many media and entertainment companies in the city that provide good internship & career opportunities to the students.
Mumbai university is one the premier universities of our country well known for its academic excellence & curriculum. The city also has one of the premier technical education institutes in the country, IIT Powai, which is known worldwide for its research & academic excellence.
Some of the prominent Institution other than IIT Powai & Mumbai university are:
- Wilson College
- Mithibai College
- NMIMS NPAT (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- MIT-WPU (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- Symbiosis International University (Application Open) – Apply Now!
Regarded as the Financial Capital of India, Mumbai is the headquarters of Tata Consultancy Services, which is India’s largest IT Company. Other than that, Some of the major IT Companies in the city are Accenture, L&T Infotech, Oracle finserv, Datamatics, ProCreator etc. that are constantly looking for talent acquisition in the city.
- Average Package Offered: Rs.4-8 LPA
- Highest Package Offered: Upto Rs.40 LPA ( Offered at MIT-WPU )
Bengaluru is known as one of the educational hubs of India due to the presence of many educational and research institutions that have played a key role in skill development in our country.
Nationally reputed institutions such as the University of Agricultural Sciences (UASB), National Institute of Design(NID), National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), National Law School of India University (NLSIU), The Indian Institute of Management (IIM-B),The ICAR-National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology (NIANP), The Indian Statistical Institute and International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-B) are located in Bangalore. There are many private engineering colleges affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University in Bengaluru that offer quality technical education.
Some of the most prominent private Institutions near Bengaluru are:
- Manipal University (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- SRM Institute of Science & Technology (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- Amrita University (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- Jain University (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- Reva University (Application Open) – Apply Now!
- Vellore Institute of Technology (Application Open) – Apply Now!
Bengaluru is known as the “Silicon Valley of India”. Its IT Industry is divided into two main divisions – Electronic City and Whitefield. Bengaluru accounts for more than 900 major IT firms responsible for the employment of more than 35% of India’s entire IT Professionals pool. It is also known as Aviation Monopoly Capital of India as it accounts for more than 65% aerospace business. Some of the world’s leading aerospace giants have their R&D and engineering centres in bengaluru.( Such as GE Aviation, Boeing, Dynamatics, Airbus etc.)
There are various industries present in bengaluru including BEL, BHEL, BEML, ITI, HMT etc. which makes this city the most suitable & most preferred choice for students to achieve their goal of academic excellence and building professional career.
- Average Package Offered : Rs.3-6 LPA
- Highest Package Offered : Upto Rs.36 LPA ( Offered at Manipal University )
Studying from these top Institutes/Universities present in the aforementioned cities will give you the following professional and academic advantages over those who attend normal Institute/University:
- It will be easy for you to get interviews and job offers at top MNCs & Big companies.
- MNCs & Big companies will offer you more favourable starting positions and higher salaries.
- It will be easy for you to get involved in a more promising Start-Up company.
- It will be easy for you to get admitted into name-brand graduate schools.
- Studying in the best educational institutes may as well change the way you view all things which you’d previously taken for granted.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.