TS LAWCET 2020 – Osmania University (OU), Hyderabad has conducted entrance examination for the TS LAWCET 2020. Candidates who appeared for the test on as per schedule, can apply the application form at the official website, i.e., lawcet.tsche.ac.in. Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test-2020 (TS LAWCET 2020) is a national level test conducted for admission to 3-year/ 5-year LLB courses. The Test is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s ability and aptitude to pursue the study of Law. Know more about the TS LAWCET 2019 from the article below. Candidates get more detail regarding TS LAWCET 2020 form this page
TS LAWCET 2020
Interested aspirants can apply for TS LAWCET 2020 from the website, which is, lawcet.tsche.ac.in. The TSCHE wiil be announced the exam date for TS LAWCET 2020, however, aspirants may refer to the tentative schedule for the rest of the events of the entrance examination from the table provided below:
|TS LAWCET 2020||Expected Dates|
|The online registration process begins from||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date of submitting the online application without late fee||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date of submitting the online application with late fee of Rs. 500||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date of submitting the online application with late fee of Rs. 1000||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date of submitting the online application with late fee of Rs. 2000||3rd week of May 2020|
Correction of online application data already submitted by the
|3rd week of May 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2020|
|TS LAWCET 2020 exam date||3rd week of May 2020|
|Preliminary key is made available from||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date for submitting the objection on Preliminary Answer Key||Last week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Final Answer Key and Result||1st week of Jun 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for TS LAWCET 2020
The candidates who wish to appear for TS LAWCET 2020 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as given below:
- For 3 Year LLB Course: The Candidates should possess Graduate Degree (in any discipline) from a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized (10+2+3 pattern) as equivalent by the Universities concerned. If any candidate has secured less than 45% in the graduation, the candidate should have passed any additional graduation or post graduation with 45%.
- For 5 Year LL.B. Course: The candidates should have passed 10+2 with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, T.S and Bar Council of India.
Note: The candidates belonging to SC/ST category percentage of 39.5% and 44.5% or above in case of other categories are considered as 40% and 45% respectively.
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian National and should satisfy the Local/Unreserved status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order.
TS LAWCET 2020 Application Form
The application form for TS LAWCET 2020 will be available online at the official website of the exam or the University, The candidates have to provide their Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Contact and other details, Also, the applicants shall have to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications. On completion of the given steps, applicants may proceed to make payment for the Registration Fee. On submitting the application form, the candidates shall receive a Registration Number through Email or SMS. Lastly, it is advised to applicants to take a print out of the copy of the application form and preserve it carefully for future references.
The applicant shall have to pay the following amount for the application fee. The appicatinn feej detail is as per last year. The registration fees shall be paid through either of the two modes:
- TS/AP Online / e-Seva / Mee Seva Center
- Debit Card / Credit Card
|For all other Categories||Rs. 800|
TS LAWCET 2020 Hall Ticket
The hall ticket/ admit card for TS LAWCET 2020 will be issued in online mode only. No, admit card is sent to the candidate through the post. The TS LAWCET Hall Ticket will be available for download as per schedule. The candidates who have successfully registered for the entrance test is able to download the admit card by entering the detail such as Application Number and Date of Birth. The Telangana LAWCET Hall Ticket 2020 consists of basic information about the exam such as Date, timings, and its venue.
Exam Pattern for TS LAWCET 2020
Candidates can check the exam pattern for TS LAWCET 2020 from below.
- Duration of the Exam: 90 minutes
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 120
- The medium of the Test: English and Telegu Language.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer
The question paper shall be divided into three parts:
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Part A||General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Part B||Current Affairs||30||30|
|Part C||Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
TS LAWCET 2020 Syllabus
The Test is designed to evaluate the candidate’s ability and aptitude to pursue the study of Law. Candidates when preparing for the entrance exam must be well aware of the syllabus and standard of the test.
- For 5 year Law Course – The standard of the question for the program is expected to be of the Intermediate level
- For 3 year Law Course – The standard of questions for this program is expected to be of Degree Level.
The candidates should be well versed in the related topics of Jurisprudence, Constitutional law, Public International law, Mercantile law, Labour laws, Crimes and Torts, IPR & other laws. The syllabus for TS LAWCET 2019 for Part A and B shall be as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Topics to study|
|Jurisprudence||20||20||Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions|
|Constitutional Law||20||20||Nature of the Constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution|
|Public International Law||16||16||International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.|
|Mercantile Law||16||16||General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).|
|Labour Law||16||16||Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947|
|Crimes and Torts||16||16||Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions.Torts: General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986|
|IPR & Other Laws||16||16||Copy right Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970; Environmental Protection Act, 1986; Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005|
TS LAWCET 2020 Answer Key
The exam conducting body releases the answer key for TS LAWCET 2020 by online mode only. Along with the answer key, candidates also get the question paper and response sheet. The TS LAWCET Question paper and Answer Key is available in the pdf format, whereas, response sheet is to be downloaded from the Candidate Login. Candidates should use these to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score.
Test Centers for TS LAWCET 2020
TS LAWCET was held at the following regional test centers are given below :
- Hyderabad West (Kukatpally, Patancheru, Gandipet, Rudraram, Moinabad and surrounding areas)
- Hyderabad North (Medchal, Gandimaisamma, Old Alwal and surrounding areas)
- Hyderabad Central (Mallapur, Secunderabad and surrounding areas)
- Hyderabad East (Ghatkesar, Keesara and surrounding areas)
- Hyderabad South-East (L.B. Nagar, Hayathnagar, Karmanghat, Ibrahimpatnam, Ramoji Film City area and surrounding areas)
Note: Karimnagar, Hyderabad Central, Hyderabad East, Hyderabad North, Hyderabad South-East, Hyderabad West, Kodad, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad center’s capacity is full. Candidates are advised to choose available centers nearby.
1. While filling the application form, Regional Centres is displayed based on the availability and once it has reached the maximum capacity then the centre is not be displayed in application form.
2. HYDERABAD is divided into FIVE ZONES to facilitate the candidates to take the TS LAWCET & PGLCET -2020 in nearby area.
3. During the ONLINE submission of TS LAWCET & PGLCET -2020 Application form, the candidate is hereby informed to select the required REGIONAL CENTER of his/her choice and once chosen, request for change of REGIONAL CENTER is not be entertained later.
4. The Convener reserves the right to add or delete some REGIONAL CENTERS notified.
5. The Convener reserves the right to allot the candidates to any REGIONAL CENTER other than that opted by the candidates.
6. Candidate has to submit not more than one application. If any candidate submits more than one application, the Convener reserves the right to reject all the applications or accept any one of them only.
7. It is advised to visit your allotted Examination Centre well before, so that you can take examination tension-free. You ARE NOT ALLOWED to take exam if you are even one minute late, we suggest you to reach the exam centre before the exam start time.
TS LAWCET 2020 Result
a. Evaluation: Every care is taken to avoid errors in evaluation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation and ranking. Hence, request for re-totaling or revaluation is not be entertained.
b. Ranking: The candidates are ranked in the order of merit based on the marks obtained in the TS LAWCET-2019. In case of tie, the relative rank is be decided as mentioned below.
(i) By considering the marks secured in Part-C of TS LAWCET and if the tie still 5 persists marks obtained in Part-B in TS LAWCET shall be taken into consideration.
(ii) If the tie still persists they may be bracketed together for the purpose of ranking and seniority in age may be considered at the time of admission.
TS LAWCET 2020 Counselling
The candidates who make through the TS LAWCET Merit List are eligible to appear/ participate in the TS LAWCET 2020 Counselling. The exam conducting body shall conduct web counselling. In the web counselling, the selected candidate need to exercise the options of choosing the preferable Institute. However, firstly candidate shall have to get their certificates verified at Help Line Centre before proceeding to exercise the options. After the candidates have verified the documents, they shall receive a PIN number to their registered mobile number. Next, exercise web options as per the schedule. The allotment shall be made in the order of preference of options. After the candidate has been successfully allotted a seat, the candidate can then download the provisional allotment order and report to the concerned college.
Official website: lawcet.tsche.ac.in
For more information about TS LAWCET 2020, candidates can refer the previous year – Instruction BookletInsofar, official details of TS LAWCET 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.