MA in Sociology sample papers are available on this page. Candidates can practice through the sample papers to get admission in the MA in Sociology course. Sample papers are very crucial for those candidates who give the entrance examination of any examination. Candidates can check all the TUEE Sample Paper of MA in Sociology from here.
TUEE Sample Paper – MA in Sociology
Sample papers are very important part for the preparation for the examination as it helps to make a judgement or analysis of the performance in the exam. Candidate get an idea about the examination pattern and various things which are related to the examination. Check the sample paper from the below.
50 marks – Objective , 50 marks – Descriptive
I. 20 x 2 = 40
1. The ‘Lepchas’ belong to which state of North-East India?
a) Arunachal Pradesh ( ) b) Sikkim ( ) c) Mizoram ( ) d) Nagaland ( )
2. Who remarked ‘Assamese women weave fairy tales in their clothes’?
a) Mahatma Gandhi ( ) b) Jawaharlal Nehru ( ) c) Verrier Elwin ( ) d) J.H. Hutton ( )
3. Which state of North-East India is the only state in India where the four cats, i.e. Tiger, Leopard, Clouded Leopard
and Snow Leopard are found?
a) Manipur ( ) b) Sikkim ( ) c) Arunachal Pradesh ( ) d) Tripura ( )
4. The Lushai hills was the earlier name of
a) Nagaland ( ) b) Mizoram ( ) c) Manipur ( ) d) Arunachal Pradesh ( )
5. Mesopotamia is the old name of
a) Iran ( ) b) Iraq ( ) c) Turkey ( ) d) Egypt ( )
6. Which blood group is considered as the universal recipient?
a) A+ ( ) b) B+ ( ) c) AB+ ( ) d) O+ ( )
7. The mass of the moon in comparison to the earth is
a) 1/60 ( ) b) 1/70 ( ) c) 1/80 ( ) d) 1/90 ( )
8. The earth completes one rotation on its axis in (hour, minutes and seconds)
a) 23 h 56 min 4.09 s ( ) b) 23 h 59 min 9.99 s ( )
c) 23 h 60 min 0.00 s ( ) d) 24 h 00 min 0.00 s ( )
9. The latitude ‘AA’ on the map represents the
a) The Tropic of Cancer ( ) b) The Tropic of Capricorn ( )
c) The Hemisphere ( ) d) The Equator ( )
10. Who is the author of the book Black Holes and Baby Universes?
a) Stephen Hawking ( ) b) Amartya Sen ( ) c) Albert Einstein ( ) d) Salman Rushdi ( )
11. Who wrote the book Who Were the Shudras?
a) M.N. Srinivas ( ) b) Andre Beteille ( ) c) B. R. Ambedkar ( ) d) M.S.A. Rao ( )
12. When is World Environment Day?
a) June 5 ( ) b) July 11 ( ) c) October 2 ( ) d) December 10 ( )
13. ‘Shintoism’ is a religion practiced by about 0.1 % population of the world; it is developed out of primitive nature and ancestor worship. Where is it found?
a) Israel ( ) b) Japan ( ) c) China ( ) d) Thailand ( )
14. Who was the Governor-General when the 1857 revolt broke out?
a) Lord Dalhousie ( ) b) Lord Canning ( ) c) Lord Curzon ( ) d) Lord Lawrence ( )
15. Who is the Grand Old Man of India?
a) Raja Ram Mohan Roy ( ) b) Dadabhai Naoroji ( )
c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak ( ) d) Swami Vivekananda ( )
16. The term ‘society’ in sociology is used to refer to
a) persons living in an area ( ) b) gathering of persons for a purpose ( )
c) the system of social relationships ( ) d) collection of NGOs ( )
17. Polygyny means
a) plurality of husbands ( ) b) plurality of partners ( )
b) plurality of wives ( ) d) none of these ( )
18. Which of the following is an example of material culture?
a) belief in heaven ( ) b) automobiles ( ) c) folklore ( ) d) spiritualism ( )
19. Who introduced the term ‘folkways’?
a) Auguste Comte ( ) b) Emile Durkheim ( )
c) William Graham Sumner ( ) d) Robert Redfield ( )
20. Which of the following is a basic characteristic of caste?
a) Endogamy ( ) b) Exogamy ( ) c) Monogamy ( ) d) Polygamy ( )
II. Match the following: 5 x 2 = 10
List I . List II
A. Vilfredo Pareto. i) Organic Analogy
B. Erving Goffman. ii) Theory of Social Action
C. Herbert Spencer. iii) Dramaturgy
D. Karl Marx. iv) Circulation of the Elite
E. Talcott Parsons. v) Das Capital
a) A = iv, B = iii, C = i, D = v, E = ii ( ) b) A = iii, B = iv, C = v, D = i, E = ii ( )
c) A = i, B = v, C = iv, D = ii, E = iii ( ) d) A = v, B = iv, C = iii, D = ii, E = i ( )
III. Write short notes on any two (within 150 words): 10 x 2 = 20
1. Global Warming 2. Lokpal Bill 3. Globalisation and its impact on Indian society 4. Sociology as a science
IV. Answer any two of the following questions (within 250 words): 15 x 2 = 30
1. Unity in diversity is India. Discuss
2. Discuss the causes and consequences of poverty in India.
3. What is communalism? Why is it a threat to national integration?
4. Discuss the distribution of different ethnic groups inhabiting North-East India.
About Tezpur University Entrance Exam (TUEE)
Tezpur University conducts the Tezpur University Entrance Exam (TUEE) for taking admissions in the various courses at this Central University. This exam is conducted once in a year. The admission in the university will be done through entrance exam only and the result is available in the form of the merit list. All the details regarding the exam is available on its official website. Tezpur University is a central level university. Candidates have to prepare well themselves to take admission in this university.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.