University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University Admission 2020: UIT, BU invites applications for admission to its 2-year full-time Master of Engineering course for the academic session 2020-21. Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree can apply by downloading the application form and submitting it along with Rs 300 application fee. Admissions are offered in 2 specializations: Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) & Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE). Details of admissions and courses in the University Institute of Technology admission 2020 are given below.
Latest: Application form has been released for admission to 2-year ME courses. Scroll down to download the UIT Application Form 2020.
University Institute of Technology Admission 2020
Important dates regarding admission process are provided here. Check the table given below to know about schedule of University Institute of Technology Admission 2020.
|Application Commencement Date||26 Jun 2020|
|Last date for Application form Submission||28 Aug 2020|
|List of Shortlisted Candidates||to be announced|
|Written Test/ Interview||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Start of Classes||2nd week of Sep 2020|
University Institute of Technology Admission 2020 Application Form
Application Forms are made available on the official website of UIT, uit.buruniv.ac.in. The candidates must download the application form and submit the same along with DD of application fee and required testimonials/certificates. Direct link to download UIT Application Form 2020 is given below.
Download Application Form: Click here to download University Institute of Technology 2020 Application Form.
Application Fee: Rs 300 is the application fee amount, to be paid using a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “University Institute of Technology” payable at Burdwan.
- Applications supported by attested photocopies of testimonials of all the examination starting from HS level along with valid GATE certificate, wherever applicable and a document towards proof of age should reach the University before the deadline.
- Sponsored candidates must also submit a No objection certificate from their present employers.
- Candidates claiming reservation against SC/ST/PH quota must submit valid certificates from appropriate authorities.
University Institute of Technology Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligiblity required for admission to Master of Engineering (ME) in various disciplines.
- Masters of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering: Any candidate who has passed the B.E/B.Tech degree Examination in Electronics and communication Engg./ Electronics and Telecommunication Engg./ Radio Physics and Electronics/ Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics and Instrumentation Engg./ Instrumentation and electronics Engg./ Instrumentation Engg./ Instrumentation and control Engg. with at least 60% marks in aggregate may be admitted to the First Year (First Semester) of the two year Degree Course leading to Masters of Engineering (ME) degree in Engineering/ Technology of this University subject to fulfillment of usual norms of medical fitness criterion.
- Masters of Computer Science and Engineering: Any candidate who has passed the B.E / B.Tech degree Examination in Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology/ Computer Science/ MSc Computer Sc. with at least 60% marks in aggregate may be admitted to the First Year (First Semester) of the two year Degree Course leading to Masters of Engineering (ME) degree in Engineering/ Technology of this University subject to fulfilment of usual norms of medical fitness criterion.
GATE- qualified candidates will get preference. A few seats are kept reserved for sponsored candidates fulfilling the basic eligibility and having at least two-year full-time work experience in Registered Firm/Industry/R&D Institution/Academic Institution, etc. after acquiring the basic eligibility criteria. Non-GATE candidates may also be considered for admission; if seats are not filled up by the GATE qualified/sponsored candidates.
University Institute of Technology Admission 2020 Selection Criteria
The candidates are classified in 3 categories:
- Category A: GATE-qualified BE/B.Tech/ M.Sc/ MCA candidates in CS/EC/EE/IN – Selection is made based on GATE Score, marks in BE/B Tech and performance in the interview.
- Category B: Sponsored Candidates having at least 2 years’ working experience in related field after passing out BE/ B.Tech/ M.Sc /MCA – Selection is made using Performance in the interview and work experience.
- Category C: Non-GATE BE/B.Tech/ M.Sc/ MCA candidates – Basis of selection is Marks of written test, marks in BE/B Tech and performance in the interview. Candidates falling under category C will be considered for admission only if seats remain vacant after admission of candidates under Categories A & B.
University Institute of Technology 2020 Admission Process
Check the process for admission to ME in UIT, BU below.
- List of selected candidates will be displayed in the notice board at the office of the UIT, BU and also UIT website, uit.buruniv.ac.in. No postal correspondence will be made in this regard.
- Candidates will be required to produce original copies of their testimonials at the time of interview and also at the time of admission if selected. Sponsored candidates must submit necessary release order from the appropriate authorities.
- The portion of the form bearing acknowledgement shall be treated as the Provisional Admit Card without which the applicants may not be allowed to sit for the admission test/appear at the interview. Shortlisted candidates may collect their respective Acknowledgement/ Provisional Admit Card from UIT, BU during schedule period.
- Candidates admitted to the course shall not be permitted to prosecute any other course of studies or to do any job (part-time or full-time) or to carry on any full-time research work during the tenure of the course.
University Institute of Technology Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Fee details for ME programme at UIT, Burdwan University are given below.
|Particular||Fee (in Rs)|
|Admission Fee (one time)||3000|
|Caution Money (one-time, refundable)||2000|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||5000|
|Development Fee (per semester)||1000|
|Lab Fee (per semester)||2000|
|Semester exam & evaluation fee (per sem)||2000|
|Student Welfare Fund (per semester)||500|
|Caution deposit (one-time, refundable)||2000|
|Hostel seat charge (per semester)||4200|
|Electricity charges (per semester)||600|
|Generator charges (per semester)||600|
- The amount of Rs. 22,900 (with hostel) or Rs 15,500/- (without hostel) is to be deposited by Bank Draft drawn in favour of “University Institute of Technology” payable at Burdwan at the time of admission.
- Fees for each of the remaining Semesters: Rs. 10,500
About UIT, BU
University Institute of Technology (UIT) is a professional engineering college under the University of Burdwan. It was decided by the Burdwan University Executive Council in 1998 to set up an engineering institute at the University Campus under the direct control & management of the University of Burdwan – named University Institute of Technology (UIT). UIT was established in the year 2000 in West Bengal. UIT is approved by the government of West Bengal and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). UIT is a National Board of Accreditation (NBA) Accredited Institute.
Official website: buruniv.ac.in
To know more about UIT, BU Admission 2020 , Download Admission Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.