UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) is a university level law entrance exam. This is an annual exam organised by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun. Candidates who wish to pursue the BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons) courses offered by the university need to appear for this examination.
Students can get admissions in the courses offered by the university either through the exam pathway or they can opt for the non examination pathway through their scores in Class 12 Board Merit, CLAT Merit or L-SAT India Merit scores if found eligible by the University. The university offers upto 20% of the seats in LLB programs through non exam pathway. Aspirants can get complete details about the UPES LAW ENTRANCE TEST (UL SAT) 2018 on this page.
UPES Law Admission Test (UL SAT) 2018
The table below comprises of all the important events and their schedules for UL SAT 2018 examination. Candidates can refer to the table below to keep a track of all the events so that they do not miss on any important event during the admission procedures.
|Release of official notification||November 2017|
|Commencement of ULSAT 2018 application form||November 2017|
|Last date to submit the Application form||20 Apr 2018|
|Issue date for ULSAT admit card||25 Apr 2018|
|ULSAT 2018 online examination||11 to 12 May 2018|
|ULSAT 2018 Offline examination||05 May 2018|
|Declaration of ULSAT result||June 2018|
|Commencement of GDPI sessions||June 2018|
|ULSAT counselling||June 2018|
UL SAT 2018 Application Forms
Candidates who wish to appear for UL SAT 2018 entrance exam need to register themselves for the examination. Candidates will have to send their duly filled application forms to the university before the last scheduled date to complete the application process.
UL SAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that the candidates go through the information released officially by the university before they fill up their application forms. Since the admission in the various law courses are offered through the exam pathway and the non-exam pathway. Candidates should thoroughly go through the information brochure.
CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
- Candidates who wish to pursue BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons) should have scored at least 50% marks in their Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) examination.
- Candidates should have CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates who have compartment exams will not be eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
UL SAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who will be able to successfully submit their application forms before the last scheduled date will be issued the admit cards on the basis of the information mentioned in their application forms. The admit cards will be uploaded on the University website www.upes.ac.in . Students will have to affix a photograph and attest it as soon as they have downloaded the admit card. Candidates will have to carry their admit cards on the day of examination and the admit card has to be produced at the allotted test center. Candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph will not be allowed to take the test.
UL SAT 2018 Exam Centres
The table below comprises of the list of all the exam centres along with their expected test city code. This information is based as per the previous year’s official notification. Candidates can refer to the table to get a rough idea about the examination centres that might be available this year too.
|City Name||Test City Code||City Name||Test City Code|
UL SAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The UL SAT 2018 exam will be conducted in the online mode. The examination will be an objective type examination and the candidates will have to answer a total number of 150 multiple choice questions. The examination will be of a duration of 3 hours. It is an aptitude test conducted to test the potential of the applicants. Hence, candidates are advised to prepare well for the examination.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
|Total no. of Questions||150|
UL SAT LLB Programs through Non-exam Pathway
UPES offers 20% of the seats in LLB programs through non exam pathway.
Age Criteria: Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997 are eligible to apply for admission (As per Bar Council of India). Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
Non Examination Pathway – Admissions through Board Merit / CLAT /L-SAT India score (Upto 20% of Seats)
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
UL SAT Previous Year Question Papers
Click the links given below to download previous years UL SAT question papers.
Insofar, Exam date and Eligibility criteria of UL SAT 2018 have been announced. Rest of the information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as UPES releases UL SAT 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.