ULSAT 2019: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) will be conducting ULSAT 2019 for admission into 5 year LLB programmes. UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) in pen and paper mode will be conducted in the First week of May 2019. The examination will also be conducted in CBT mode in the 2nd week of May 2019. The timings for the entrance test expected to be 09:30 am to 12:30 pm.
ULSAT is a university-level law entrance exam and its application form is available on the official website. Students can get admissions in the courses either through the exam pathway or they can opt for the non-examination pathway including class 12 Board Merit, CLAT Merit or L-SAT India Merit scores. For more information regarding ULSAT 2019, candidates can read this article.
UPES offers 20% of the seats in Law programmes through the non-exam pathway. Interested and eligible candidates can fill the application form on or before the last date. Candidates are required read all the details including eligibility criteria carefully prior to filling out the application form.
For the students who are wishing to enroll for B.Tech, LL. B (Hons) Computer Science Engineering with specialization in Cyber Laws/IPR Law, they will have to appear for UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) followed by Centralized Counseling and for the candidates who want to pursue an LLM with specialization in Energy Laws or Business Law or International Economic Law or Law & Technology, they have to appear in UPES online entrance test.
The schedule of important dates regarding ULSAT 2019 is given in the table framed below:
|Application form begins||Started|
|Last date to submit the Application form||To be announced|
|ULSAT 2019 pen and paper test||To be announced|
|Issue date for admit card||To be announced|
|ULSAT 2019 CBT||To be announced|
|Declaration of ULSAT result||To be announced|
|Commencement of GD/PI sessions||To be announced|
|ULSAT counseling||To be announced|
Courses Offered Through ULSAT 2019
There are a variety of courses which are being offered to the candidates who qualify ULSAT 2018 along with its further rounds and fulfills all the eligibility criteria. The courses offered are listed below:
- B.A., LL. B (Hons) with Specialization in Energy Laws
- BBA., LL. B (Hons) with Specialization in Corporate Laws
- B.Com., LL. B (Hons) with Specialization in Taxation Law/Media & Entertainment Law
- B.A., LL. B (Hons) with Specialization Criminal Law/Labor Law/Constitution Law
- BBA., LL. B (Hons) with Specialization in International Trade & Investment Law or Banking, Insurance & Finance Regulations
- B.Sc., LL. B (Hons) with a specialization in Intellectual Property Rights/Medical & Forensics Law/Food & Health Law
ULSAT 2019 Application Form
Application forms for ULSAT 2018 are now available for LLM. Candidates who wish to appear for ULSAT 2019 entrance exam need to register themselves for the examination on the official website on or before the last date. The direct link to fill the application form is provided in the “Application Form” page. Candidates are requested that they should read all the instructions properly before filling the application form. All the details must be entered properly. The application form is available online as well as offline and the application fee of Rs. 1850/- is to be paid through DD (offline payment) or online payment is also possible through credit card or debit card or net banking. Rs. 1750/- has to be paid for offline payment through cash.
ULSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for the ULSAT 2019 examination from below. Only eligible candidates will be able to take the examination, In any case of ineligibility, candidates will be debarred from taking the examination.
- Age Criteria
The candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997, are eligible to apply for admission. Candidates should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board only will be taken as authentic.
- Education Qualification
The candidates should have Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) for all the courses except B.Sc., LL. B (Hons) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights/Medical & Forensics Law/Food & Health Law and for this course, candidates should have Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) & Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM/PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology) at Senior Secondary level (12th).
ULSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The ULSAT 2019 Examination Pattern is as follows:
- There will be 200 questions in total.
- There will be four options for each question and you have to mark a single response.
- Maximum marks of the question paper will be 200.
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking in ULSAT 2018.
- If you mark more than one response, then no marks will be awarded for that particular question.
- The language of the question paper will be English.
- 40 questions will be covered in 5 sections.
- The 5 sections include language comprehension, quantitative and numerical ability, logical reasoning, legal general knowledge, and legal aptitude.
- Duration of the test will be for 3 hours.
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||40|
|Legal General Knowledge||40|
|Total no.of Questions||200|
ULSAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for language comprehension, quantitative and numerical ability, logical reasoning, legal general knowledge, and legal aptitude is as follows:
- Language comprehension
- Quantitative and numerical ability
- Logical reasoning
- Legal general knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
ULSAT Test Centers (As per 2018 details)
The various test centers chosen for conducting ULSAT 2018 are as follows:
ULSAT 2019 Non-exam Pathway
UPES also offers 20% of the seats through non-exam pathway like Class 12 Board Merit, CLAT Merit or LSAT India Merit scores for admission into law programmes. The detailed information is given below:
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking up to 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
ULSAT 2019 Admit Card
ULSAT 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website.The direct links to download the same will also be provided here whenever it will be available. The candidate has to enter the login credentials in the admit card login page to download their hall tickets. It is mandatory to bring the admit card on the exam day since it will be used for the purpose of verification of the candidates.
ULSAT 2019 Result
ULSAT 2019 Result will be announced after the smooth conduct of the entrance test. Only the candidates who will appear for the entrance exam will be able to check their results. The results intimate the students about their marks and merit in the test. Based on the merit, candidates will be called for further processes which included GD/PI, counseling, etc.
ULSAT 2019 Selection Process
The aspirants who are wishing for ULSAT 2019 will be selected on the basis of UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT)/Board Merit/CLAT AIR Merit/LSAT India Merit followed by Group Discussion & Interview.
ULSAT 2019 Counseling
All the candidates who will get marks above the cut off will be eligible for admission and a separate list of students will also be prepared who will be called for the GD/PI sessions and counseling process. The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a center for the counseling process and the aspirants will have to report to their respective center on the notified date & time. The counseling will be done in offline mode only and it will be completely based on the candidate’s rank. All the candidates have to bring the following original documents along with 2 self-attested photo-copies for verification on the day of counseling:
- ULSAT 2019 Scorecard/ULSAT 2019 admission letter will be issued by UPES Dehradun
- Self-Attested copy of Marks Statement of 10thand 12th board examinations
- Self-Attested copy of Character Certificate from the School last attended
- Self-Attested copy of Transfer Certificate
ULSAT 2019 Scholarship
The aspirants having 75% marks in class 10th and 12th are eligible for Scholarship which includes 50% tuition fee waiver on 20% seats of each program in the first Semester for CBSE, ICSE & State Board pass out students.
For Uttarakhand State Board Toppers
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Minimum 80% marks in each of 10th, 12th class and PCM for B.Tech and 80% aggregate for BBA and Law in Class 10th & 12th in UK State Board.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Resident students.
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per programme.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate).
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through Uttarakhand Resident category).
- 150 toppers from UK State Board.
The scholarship details are mentioned below:
- 25% of tuition fee waiver for Boys and 35% for Girl students in the first year.
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per merit scholarship policy of the University.
ULSAT Fees Structure ( As per 2018 details )
The fees structure for ULSAT 2018 is given below. Candidates can check from here.
Official Website: www.upes.ac.in