ULSAT 2019 – The candidates who want to take admission in law courses offered by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) have to apply for UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test. The last date to apply for ULSAT 2019 is June 12, 2019. After registration, the candidates can do slot booking of UPES 2019. The entrance exam for LLB admission is due from Jun 15 – 16, 2019. Qualifiers in the written test are then called for Group Discussion & Interview to complete the admission process. Check more details on ULSAT 2019 from this page.
UPES also intakes admission against 20% law seats via the non-exam mode of admission. This includes admission via CLAT Merit/LSAT India Merit followed by GD and interview. Also, admission is offered based on board merit. The rest of the 80% seats are offered via merit in ULSAT 2019. ULSAT is an online examination, held across 100 exam cities. The ULSAT 2019 dates are available in the table below:
|Application form begins||Started|
|Slot booking starts|
|Last date to submit the Application form|
|Last date to apply for LLM||14 Jun 2019|
|Issuance date for admit card||To be announced|
|ULSAT 2019 CBT||
15 – 16 Jun 2019
|Declaration of ULSAT result||To be announced|
|Commencement of GD/PI sessions||To be announced|
|ULSAT counselling||To be announced|
ULSAT 2019 Application Form
ULSAT 2019 application form is available in the online mode only. The application form can be completed using the steps below:
- The first step is to register online using details like Name, Choice of the programme – UG/PG and the Course, email/mobile number, Class 10 and 12 marks, Nationality and admission modes – via UPESEAT or via JEE Main/ Board scores.
- Net the candidates have to verify their email id and mobile number using the OTP sent to their registered contact details.
- On entering the correct OTP, another message is sent to the registered mobile number and email that contains the application number, your user name and password.
- On the device screen, click on the link that says “click here to login”
- Thereafter on the login window enter the email and password.
- On logging in the candidates can make the payment using the online mode.
ULSAT 2019 Application Fee: Rs. 1850/-.
ULSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for the ULSAT 2019 examination from below. Only eligible candidates are able to take the examination, In any case of ineligibility, candidates can be debarred from taking the examination.
There is an age criteria to apply for the exam: Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 199,7 are eligible to apply for admission.
The eligibility criteria to be eligible to apply for ULSAT 2019 are as follows:
|BA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Energy Laws||Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)|
|BBA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Corporate Laws||Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)|
|B.Com LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Taxation Laws||Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)|
|BA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Criminal Laws/Labor Laws||Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)|
|BBA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in International Trade & Investment/Banking, Finance & Insurance||Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)|
|B. Tech. Energy Technology LLB(Hons.) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)||(1) Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
(2) Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level
|B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Cyber Laws||(1) Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
(2) Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level
|LLM with specialization in Energy Laws||Minimum 50 % Marks at Higher & Secondary Level (10th & 12th) and LLB Degree|
ULSAT 2019 Slot Booking
The candidates are given an opportunity to select the exam date and time to appear in the exam via the slot booking process. The slot booking will allow the candidates to select the preferred exam schedule. The candidates who do not book the slot must note that the university has the right to book the slots for them. Also, the candidates get their admit card right after the slot booking is done.
To book the slots the candidates have to log in using their application number, user id and password as they have received during the ULSAT registration.
ULSAT 2019 Exam Centers
Below is the list of the exam centres where the ULSAT 2019 online exam is scheduled to be conducted:
|Test City||City Code|
|Bokaro Steel City||21|
ULSAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card is available right after the slots are finally submitted. The candidates need to download the admit card and take 2-3 print out of the same. Only the hard copy of the admit card is accepted at the exam centre and not a soft copy.
The admit card will have important details like exam centre address and name, the exam time and date. In addition to that, it also contains the important exam centre related instructions.
ULSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The ULSAT 2019 Examination Pattern is as follows for LLB admissions:
- There will be 200 questions in total.
- There will be four options for each question and you have to mark a single response.
- Maximum marks of the question paper will be 200.
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking in ULSAT 2019.
- If you mark more than one response, then no marks will be awarded for that particular question.
- The language of the question paper will be English.
- 40 questions will be covered in 5 sections.
- The 5 sections include language comprehension, quantitative and numerical ability, logical reasoning, legal general knowledge, and legal aptitude.
- Duration of the test will be for 3 hours.
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||40|
|Legal General Knowledge||40|
|Total no.of Questions||200|
The exam pattern for ULSAT 2019 for admission in LLM courses are as follows:
- Mode of Entrance Test: Online
- Duration: 02:00 Hours
- Type: Multiple-Choice Questions
- Total questions: 150 questions
- Syllabus: Questions will be asked from the following areas of law:
- Constitutional Law
- Other law subjects (Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Environment Law, andHuman Rights)
ULSAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for language comprehension, quantitative and numerical ability, logical reasoning, legal general knowledge, and legal aptitude is as follows:
- Language comprehension
- Quantitative and numerical ability
- Logical reasoning
- Legal general knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
ULSAT 2019 Non-exam Pathway
UPES also offers 20% of the seats through non-exam pathway like Class 12 Board Merit, CLAT Merit or LSAT India Merit scores for UPES admission into law programmes. The detailed information is given below:
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking up to 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
ULSAT 2019 Result
ULSAT 2019 Result will be announced after the smooth conduct of the entrance test. Only the candidates who will appear for the entrance exam will be able to check their results. The results intimate the students about their marks and merit in the test. Based on the merit, candidates will be called for further processes which included GD/PI, counselling, etc.
ULSAT 2019 Counselling
All the candidates who will get marks above the cut off will be eligible for admission and a separate list of students will also be prepared who will be called for the GD/PI sessions and counselling process. The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the counseling process and the aspirants will have to report to their respective centre on the notified date & time. The counselling will be done in offline mode only and it will be completely based on the candidate’s rank. All the candidates have to bring the following original documents along with 2 self-attested photo-copies for verification on the day of counselling:
- ULSAT 2019 Scorecard/ULSAT 2019 admission letter will be issued by UPES Dehradun
- Self-Attested copy of Marks Statement of 10thand 12th board examinations
- Self-Attested copy of Character Certificate from the School last attended
- Self-Attested copy of Transfer Certificate
Courses Offered Through ULSAT 2019
Below are the courses that are offered via ULSAT 2019 in LLB and LLM programmes:
The candidates are offered admission in the following LLB program on the basis of their ULSAT 2019 score:
- BA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Energy Laws
- BBA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Corporate Laws
- B.Com LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Taxation Laws
- BA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Criminal Laws/Labor Laws
- BBA LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in International Trade & Investment/Banking, Finance & Insurance
- B. Tech. Energy Technology LLB(Hons.) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Cyber Laws
The candidates are offered admission in the following LLM program on the basis of their ULSAT 2019 score:
- LLM with specialization in Energy Laws / Business Law / International Economic Law / Law & Technology
ULSAT 2019 Scholarship
The aspirants having 75% marks in class 10th and 12th are eligible for Scholarship which includes 50% tuition fee waiver on 20% seats of each program in the first Semester for CBSE, ICSE & State Board pass out students.
For Uttarakhand State Board Toppers
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Minimum 80% marks in each of 10th, 12th class and PCM for B.Tech and 80% aggregate for BBA and Law in Class 10th & 12th in UK State Board.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Resident students.
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per programme.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate).
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through Uttarakhand Resident category).
- 150 toppers from UK State Board.
The scholarship details are mentioned below:
- 25% of tuition fee waiver for Boys and 35% for Girl students in the first year.
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per merit scholarship policy of the University.
ULSAT Fees Structure
The fees structure for UPES is given below. Candidates can check from here.
Official Website: www.upes.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.