University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017 – University of Calicut has released notification for admission into the 2-year B.Ed programme for the academic year 2017-2019 offered at Govt. Colleges/Aided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres/Unaided colleges affiliated to University of Calicut. Details of University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017 such as application form, selection criteria, eligibility, important dates, fee structure are given below.
B.Ed admission Rank list has been Published. Scroll down to check the same
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017
All candidates seeking admission to B.Ed programmes including (General Merit/Reservation/Teacher Quota/Sports/Persons with Disabilities/Kashmir students/Linguistic minority/Community/Management) should compulsarily register through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidates who have not registered through CAP will not be permitted to admission at any stage of the admission process.
Schedule for the University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of online registration||29 May 2017|
|Closing date of online registration||15 Jun 2017|
|Forwarding of rank list of registered students under
General Category and Community Quota to the colleges
|21 Jun 2017|
|Publication of rank list by the colleges||19 Jul 2017|
There is no online allotment for B.Ed programme. University will forward the Rank list of online registered students to the Colleges/University Centres. Colleges/University Centres will conduct admissions as per the admission schedule published by the University. Candidate or representatives of the candidate are permitted to attend on the date prescribed for admission in the respective Colleges/University Centres.
University of Calicut has announced the Rank List for B.Ed Admission 2017. Candidate can check the rank list from the link given below Also check admission schedule from the image given below.
- To Check Rank list – Click Here
Nativity: Admission to B.Ed. Programme will be given only to Keralites but non-Keralite candidates also can be admitted to a maximum of 10% of the management quota seats in Private Self financing colleges.
- B.A/B.Sc Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with 50% marks in Part-I+II+III together / 50% Marks for Part-III alone or Masters Degree in the same subject with minimum 50% marks or 10+2+5 pattern for Integrated M.Sc. Course or 10+2+3+2 pattern for M.Com. However 10+2+3 Pattern is not insisted for B.A/B.Sc degree holders under liberalized scheme of the University of Calicut.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities outside Kerala should submit Equivalency Certificate issued by the University of Calicut, at the time of admission to B.Ed. Degree course in a particular optional subject.
- Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who passed the Degree examination in Vocational or Specialized courses are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency Certificate of this University at the time of admission.
- The candidate with double main for their BA course are eligible to apply for B.Ed course either in anyone or both the subjects of their BA degree as optional in B.Ed.
- Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date for submission of online application
Minimum Requirement of Marks for Admission
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B.Ed. Courses with 50% marks in PartI+II+III together / 50% Marks for Part-III alone in Bachelor’s Degree (Science/Arts Subjects) or 50% marks in Post Graduation for Commerce/Computer Science options in the discipline concerned. (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted).
Relaxation in Marks
- SC/ST candidates including natives of Lakshadweep and candidates under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the qualifying examination.
- Relaxation of 5% marks for OBC, SEBC and OEC candidates will be allowed to the minimum required marks.
- Blind candidates will be given 5% concession in aggregate marks.
Note: Candidates should be physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf/Dumb candidates are not eligible. However, blind candidates will be eligible for admission to the course other than science optionals.
Age limit : There is no upper age limit for admission to B. Ed. Courses.
Selection Criteria in University Teacher Education Centres
- Selection is made based on the marks/grade obtained by the applicant in the Degree Examination in aggregate/Part -III. This mark/grade will be converted in to 1000. In the case of Commerce/Computer Science optional the marks/grade of P.G. Examination will be considered. A reduction of 1 % of the index mark for every repeated chance will be made.
- Special Weightage will be given to post-graduation in the subject concerned, first class-5, second class-3 and third class-1 (not applicable for Commerce and Computer Science optional). No weightage will be given to post graduate qualification if it is in subjects other than the optional chosen for B.Ed Course. 5 marks weightage will be given to candidates who have taken Degree , Post graduation ( Commerce and Computer Science only) from University of Calicut. Candidates who belong to the area under the jurisdiction of the University of Calicut will be given a weightage of 15 marks scored by the candidate in their Degree examinations concerned. Such candidates should produce a nativity certificate issued by the Village Officer/Tahasildar.
- Candidates (applying under General Quota) having teaching experience in Govt/Aided Schools will be given a weightage of 0.1 score for every completed month of approved teaching service subject to a maximum of 5 points. Total approved service of applicant will also be considered in ranking. Approved service means full time teaching experience (as on the date of notification) in Government/Aided Schools in Kerala State which is to be duly certified by the Controlling Officer ie. Head of the school and Countersigned by the AEO/DEO/Regional Deputy Director in the case of HSST in Form IV of KER.
- Those who have undergone N.C.C. Training with minimum 75% of attendance as stipulated in G.O. No. 673/04/H.Edn. dt. 15/04/94 will be given an additional of 5 marks. This will be added to the aggregate marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying Degree or PG as the case may be for B.Ed admission. NSS candidates /Students worked in the illiteracy Eradication programme are eligible for 5 marks in their admission to B.Ed course.
- In the case of applicants with double main and triple main subjects, admission will be based on the total of all main subjects and weightage for PG will be given on the subject which the applicant apply as optional.
Resolving of Tie: The admission of students who obtained same index marks/points shall be decided first on the basis of age and then by name in alphabetical order unless otherwise specified.( U.O.No. GA1/A2/7226/2000 dated 04/05/2001)
For More Detail of University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.