University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 – The University of Calicut has published the Waiting List and Late Registration – Press Release on the official website. The details are provided below. Earlier, The University of Calicut has published the second allotment for B.Ed. Admission on the official website. Earlier, the admission list for B.ed Admission 2021 on the official website. the details are provided below. Earlier, The University of Calicut has extended the last date to fill online application for B.Ed Special Education (Hearing Impaired) Extended till October 11, 2021. Earlier, The University of Calicut released the application form for admission into the 2-year B.Ed program for the academic year 2021-2023 offered at Govt. Colleges/Aided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres/Unaided colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut. The last date to apply for University of Calicut B.Ed Admission is September 21, 2021. Details of University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 such as application form, selection criteria, eligibility, important dates, fee structure are given below.
Latest: The University of Calicut has published Waiting List and Late Registration – Press Release. Scroll down to check it.
Latest: The University of Calicut has published the 2nd allotment list for B.Ed. Admission 2021. Check here
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021
All candidates seeking admission to B.Ed programmes including (General Merit / Reservation /Mahe/ Teacher Quota/ Sports / Defence/Persons with Disabilities / Linguistic minority/ Community/ Management etc) should compulsorily register through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidates who have not registered through CAP will not be permitted to admission at any stage of the admission process.
Schedule for the University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 is given below.
|Commencement of online registration||10 Sep 2021|
|Closing date of online registration|
11 Oct 2021
|Commencement of Classes||to be announced|
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for the University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 Waiting List, Late Registration notice
The University of Calicut has published the Waiting List and Late Registration – Press Release on the official website. The details are provided below.
- Click here to download above notice.
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 First Allotment List Notice
The University of Calicut has published the First allotment list for B.Ed. Admission on the official website. Earlier, the admission list for B.ed Admission 2021 on the official website. the details are provided below –
- Click here to download the Above notice.
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 Trial Admission List
The University of Calicut has published the trial admission list for B.ed Admission 2021 on the official website. the details are provided below.
- Click here to download above notice.
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 Applicaton Form Last Date Extended
The University of Calicut has extended the last date to fill online application for B.Ed Special Education (Hearing Impaired) Extended till October 11, 2021. The notice regards extending the application form the last date is provided below –
- Click here to check the official notice
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 Notification
Click here to download the notice.
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 Application Form
Online applications are invited for admissions to B.Ed. programme (Two years – 4 semesters) for the academic year 2021-2023 in the Government Colleges/Aided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres/Unaided Colleges affiliated to University of Calicut. Candidates should compulsorily register through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidates who have not registered through CAP will not be permitted to admission at any stage of the admission process.
Online Registration Fee: Rs. 555/-; For SC/ ST: Rs. 170/-
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Nativity: Admission to B.Ed. Programme will be given only to Keralites but non-Keralite candidates also can be admitted to a maximum of 10% of the management quota seats in Private Self-financing colleges.
- B.A/B.Sc Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with 50% marks in Part-I+II+III together / 50% Marks for Part-III alone or Masters Degree in the same subject with minimum 50% marks or 10+2+5 pattern for Integrated M.Sc. Course or 10+2+3+2 pattern for M.Com. However, 10+2+3 Pattern is not insisted for B.A/B.Sc degree holders under the liberalized scheme of the University of Calicut.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities outside Kerala should submit Equivalency Certificate issued by the University of Calicut, at the time of admission to B.Ed. Degree course in a particular optional subject.
- Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who passed the Degree examination in Vocational or Specialized courses are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency Certificate of this University at the time of admission.
- The candidate with double main for their BA course are eligible to apply for B.Ed course either in anyone or both the subjects of their BA degree as optional in B.Ed. They have to apply for each subject in separate applications.
Minimum Requirement of Marks for Admission
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B.Ed. Courses with 50% marks in Part I+II+III together / 50% Marks for Part-III alone in Bachelor’s Degree (Science/Arts Subjects) or 50% marks in Post Graduation for Commerce/Computer Science options in the discipline concerned. (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted).
Relaxation in Marks
- SC/ST candidates including natives of Lakshadweep and candidates under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the qualifying examination.
- Relaxation of 5% marks for OBC, SEBC and OEC candidates will be allowed to the minimum required marks.
- Blind candidates will be given 5% concession in aggregate marks.
Note: Candidates should be physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf/Dumb candidates are not eligible. However, blind candidates will be eligible for admission to the course other than science options.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for admission to B. Ed. Courses.
Selection Criteria in University Teacher Education Centres
- Selection is made based on the marks/grade obtained by the applicant in the Degree Examination in aggregate/Part -III. This mark/grade will be converted into 1000. In the case of Commerce/Computer Science, optional the marks/grade of P.G. Examination will be considered. A reduction of 1 % of the index mark for every repeated chance will be made.
- Special Weightage will be given to post-graduation in the subject concerned, first class-5, second class-3 and third class-1 (not applicable for Commerce and Computer Science optional). No weightage will be given to postgraduate qualification if it is in subjects other than the optional chosen for B.Ed Course. 5 marks weightage will be given to candidates who have taken Degree, Post graduation ( Commerce and Computer Science only) from University of Calicut. Candidates who belong to the area under the jurisdiction of the University of Calicut will be given a weightage of 15 marks scored by the candidate in their Degree examinations concerned. Such candidates should produce a nativity certificate issued by the Village Officer/Tahasildar.
- Candidates (applying under General Quota) having teaching experience in Govt/Aided Schools will be given a weightage of 0.1 scores for every completed month of approved teaching service subject to a maximum of 5 points. Total approved service of the applicant will also be considered in ranking. Approved service means full-time teaching experience (as on the date of notification) in Government/Aided Schools in Kerala State which is to be duly certified by the Controlling Officer ie. Head of the school and Countersigned by the AEO/DEO/Regional Deputy Director in the case of HSST in Form IV of KER.
- Those who have undergone N.C.C. Training with minimum 75% of attendance as stipulated in G.O. No. 673/04/H.Edn. dt. 15/04/94 will be given an additional of 5 marks. This will be added to the aggregate marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying Degree or PG as the case may be for B.Ed admission. NSS candidates /Students worked in the illiteracy Eradication programe are eligible for 5 marks in their admission to B.Ed course.
- In the case of applicants with double main and triple main subjects, admission will be based on the total of all main subjects and weightage for PG will be given on the subject which the applicant applies as optional.
Resolving of Tie: The admission of students who obtained same index marks/points shall be decided first on the basis of age and then by name in alphabetical order unless otherwise specified.( U.O.No. GA1/A2/7226/2000 dated 04/05/2001).
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission: Candidates should produce all the following original documents along with the online application print out at the time of admission to the colleges/ centers concerned.
- S.S.L.C (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Qualifying Degree (Degree/P.G.) Certificate
- Mark lists of Qualifying Degree Exam. (Part I, II & III)/Consolidated grade Card & of higher qualifications, if any.
- Equivalency Certificate from the University of Calicut in case of candidates who passed the qualifying examinations from Universities outside Kerala.
- Transfer Certificate (obtained from the last institution studied) and Conduct Certificate ( obtained within 6 months)
- Nativity Certificate from the Village Officer in respect of those who are eligible for Nativity Weightage.
- Community Certificate from the competent Authority in the case of SC/ST/SEBC
- Non-creamy layer certificate in the case of candidates eligible for admission under SEBC reservation.
- Medical Certificate for eligible candidates under Persons with disabilities (Percentage of disability should be specified in the certificate issued by the Govt. Medical Board).
- Experience Certificate in Form IV of KER for claiming admission under Teachers Quota and for getting Weightage for teaching experience for those applying under Merit Quota. These Certificates should be signed by the Head of the School and Counter signed by A.E.O./D.E.O/Regional Deputy Director in the case of HSST.
- A certificate from the Head Master stating that the teacher has applied through proper channel for eligible leave to undergo B. Ed course should be produced.
- Certificate from the competent authority claiming Ex-Service/Wife of Ex-Service/Other Dependents of Ex-Service/Wife of serving personnel/Other dependents of serving personnel, in the case of Ex-service Quota, should be produced.
- Any other certificates from the competent authorities for the claim for admission under any specific quota weightage viz. Sports/Linguistic minority/N.C.C/N.S.S. etc. If any of these documents is not produced, the Head of the Institution has the right to summarily reject the claim for admission.
Official Website: cuonline.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.