University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 – The University of Calicut had released the second allotment for admission into the 2-year B.Ed programme for the academic year 2020-2022 offered at Govt. Colleges/Aided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres/Unaided colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut. The last date to apply for University of Calicut B.Ed Admission was October 17, 2020. However, the application correction window was available from 14 October 2020 to 17 October 2020. Details of University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 such as application form, selection criteria, eligibility, important dates, fee structure are given below.
– University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 Second Allotment List has been published, Scroll down to check it.
– Last date of fee payment for B.Ed Admission 2020. Click here to pay the fee.
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020
All candidates seeking admission to B.Ed programmes including (General Merit/Reservation/Teacher Quota/Sports/Persons with Disabilities/Kashmir students/Linguistic minority/Community/Management) should compulsarily register through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidates who have not registered through CAP will not be permitted to admission at any stage of the admission process.
Schedule for the University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 is given below.
|Commencement of online registration||06 Oct 2020|
|Closing date of online registration|
17 Oct 2020
|Application correction window start from||14 – 17 Oct 2020|
|Closing Date of Fee payment||30 Nov 2020|
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 Seat Allotment
Allotment to the seats under the merit/reservation quota is conducted through Centralised Allotment. Selection/Allotment of a candidate to a particular programme to any College is based on the rank of the candidate and the availability of the seat.
Second Allotment: Click here to check University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 Second Allotment.
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 Application Form
Online applications are invited for admissions to B.Ed. programme (Two years – 4 semesters) for the academic year 2020-2022 in the Government Colleges/Aided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres/Unaided Colleges affiliated to University of Calicut. Candidates should compulsorily register through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidates who have not registered through CAP will not be permitted to admission at any stage of the admission process.
Online Registration Fee: Rs. 555/-; For SC/ ST: Rs. 170/-
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nativity: Admission to B.Ed. Programme will be given only to Keralites but non-Keralite candidates also can be admitted to a maximum of 10% of the management quota seats in Private Self-financing colleges.
- B.A/B.Sc Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with 50% marks in Part-I+II+III together / 50% Marks for Part-III alone or Masters Degree in the same subject with minimum 50% marks or 10+2+5 pattern for Integrated M.Sc. Course or 10+2+3+2 pattern for M.Com. However, 10+2+3 Pattern is not insisted for B.A/B.Sc degree holders under the liberalized scheme of the University of Calicut.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities outside Kerala should submit Equivalency Certificate issued by the University of Calicut, at the time of admission to B.Ed. Degree course in a particular optional subject.
- Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who passed the Degree examination in Vocational or Specialized courses are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency Certificate of this University at the time of admission.
- The candidate with double main for their BA course are eligible to apply for B.Ed course either in anyone or both the subjects of their BA degree as optional in B.Ed.
- Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date for submission of online application
Minimum Requirement of Marks for Admission
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B.Ed. Courses with 50% marks in Part I+II+III together / 50% Marks for Part-III alone in Bachelor’s Degree (Science/Arts Subjects) or 50% marks in Post Graduation for Commerce/Computer Science options in the discipline concerned. (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted).
Relaxation in Marks
- SC/ST candidates including natives of Lakshadweep and candidates under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the qualifying examination.
- Relaxation of 5% marks for OBC, SEBC and OEC candidates will be allowed to the minimum required marks.
- Blind candidates will be given 5% concession in aggregate marks.
Note: Candidates should be physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf/Dumb candidates are not eligible. However, blind candidates will be eligible for admission to the course other than science options.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for admission to B. Ed. Courses.
Selection Criteria in University Teacher Education Centres
- Selection is made based on the marks/grade obtained by the applicant in the Degree Examination in aggregate/Part -III. This mark/grade will be converted into 1000. In the case of Commerce/Computer Science, optional the marks/grade of P.G. Examination will be considered. A reduction of 1 % of the index mark for every repeated chance will be made.
- Special Weightage will be given to post-graduation in the subject concerned, first class-5, second class-3 and third class-1 (not applicable for Commerce and Computer Science optional). No weightage will be given to postgraduate qualification if it is in subjects other than the optional chosen for B.Ed Course. 5 marks weightage will be given to candidates who have taken Degree, Post graduation ( Commerce and Computer Science only) from University of Calicut. Candidates who belong to the area under the jurisdiction of the University of Calicut will be given a weightage of 15 marks scored by the candidate in their Degree examinations concerned. Such candidates should produce a nativity certificate issued by the Village Officer/Tahasildar.
- Candidates (applying under General Quota) having teaching experience in Govt/Aided Schools will be given a weightage of 0.1 scores for every completed month of approved teaching service subject to a maximum of 5 points. Total approved service of the applicant will also be considered in ranking. Approved service means full-time teaching experience (as on the date of notification) in Government/Aided Schools in Kerala State which is to be duly certified by the Controlling Officer ie. Head of the school and Countersigned by the AEO/DEO/Regional Deputy Director in the case of HSST in Form IV of KER.
- Those who have undergone N.C.C. Training with minimum 75% of attendance as stipulated in G.O. No. 673/04/H.Edn. dt. 15/04/94 will be given an additional of 5 marks. This will be added to the aggregate marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying Degree or PG as the case may be for B.Ed admission. NSS candidates /Students worked in the illiteracy Eradication programe are eligible for 5 marks in their admission to B.Ed course.
- In the case of applicants with double main and triple main subjects, admission will be based on the total of all main subjects and weightage for PG will be given on the subject which the applicant applies as optional.
Resolving of Tie: The admission of students who obtained same index marks/points shall be decided first on the basis of age and then by name in alphabetical order unless otherwise specified.( U.O.No. GA1/A2/7226/2000 dated 04/05/2001).
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission: Candidates should produce all the following
original documents along with the online application print out at the time of admission to the colleges/ centers concerned.
- S.S.L.C (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Qualifying Degree (Degree/P.G.) Certificate
- Mark lists of Qualifying Degree Exam. (Part I, II & III)/Consolidated grade Card & of higher
qualifications, if any.
- Equivalency Certificate from the University of Calicut in case of candidates who passed the
qualifying examinations from Universities outside Kerala.
- Transfer Certificate (obtained from the last institution studied) and Conduct Certificate (
obtained within 6 months)
- Nativity Certificate from the Village Officer in respect of those who are eligible for Nativity
- Community Certificate from the competent Authority in the case of SC/ST/OEC/
ETB/MU/OBH/LC and SIUC candidates.
- Non-creamy layer certificate in the case of candidates eligible for admission under SEBC
- Medical Certificate for eligible candidates under Persons with disabilities (Percentage of
disability should be specified in the certificate issued by the Govt. Medical Board).
- Experience Certificate in Form IV of KER for claiming admission under Teachers Quota
and for getting Weightage for teaching experience for those applying under Merit Quota.
These Certificates should be signed by the Head of the School and Counter signed by
A.E.O./D.E.O/Regional Deputy Director in the case of HSST.
- A certificate from the Head Master stating that the teacher has applied through proper
channel for eligible leave to undergo B. Ed course should be produced.
- Certificate from the competent authority claiming Ex-Service/Wife of Ex-Service/Other
Dependents of Ex-Service/Wife of serving personnel/Other dependents of serving
personnel, in the case of Ex-service Quota, should be produced.
- Any other certificates from the competent authorities for the claim for admission under any
specific quota weightage viz. Sports/Linguistic minority/N.C.C/N.S.S. etc. If any of these
documents is not produced, the Head of the Institution has the right to summarily reject
the claim for admission.
Official Website: cuonline.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.