Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018 – Calicut University has released notification for admission to the Post Graduate (PG) Programmes (except PG programmes to which admission is based on entrance examinations) in University Teaching Departments/Arts and Science colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut including 50 % of seats set apart for Merit Admission in the Self Financing colleges for the Academic Year 2018-2019 is published herewith.
Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018
The admission will be conducted through Centralized Admission Process(CAP). CAP offers facility for online submission of the application to various colleges and programmes. Students can opt up to 10 Colleges/programmes of their choice on a priority basis from among the University Departments/ affiliated colleges through simple online steps available in CAP (website cuonline.ac.in)
Non-English candidates applying for MA English, admission will be based on Entrance Test. The University will conduct the Entrance examination and admissions.
Schedule for the Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018 is given below.
The online registration of Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018 was available as per scheduled date. The direct link for online registration of Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018 is given below.
Click here to Apply for Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018
The eligibility criteria for CAP PG 2018 has been listed below. Candidates need to check their eligibility criteria before filling up the online application form. Any candidate not fulfilling the eligibility criteria and still applying for the desired course might lead to the cancellation of their application.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination at an annual/semester examination or
in a preceding supplementary examination held by the examination authorities alone are eligible to seek admission to any course of study under the University. Candidates are not eligible to seek admission to a course in a particular academic year if they have passed the qualifying examination in the Supplementary/ September examination in the same academic year to which they seek admission.
- The interval between the date of passing the qualifying exam and the exam for which admission is sought should not be less than the normal period prescribed for the programmes/courses of study.
- Candidates who had discontinued their studies in the first year/semester of the programme/course with or without Transfer Certificate also should seek admission again to the first year/semester just as fresh candidates seeking admission after passing the qualifying examination.
- Children of service persons who are awarded by gallantry decorations in the Vir Chakra service either in person or posthumously and also on Non-Decorated service Personnel who are killed in action will be exempted from the requirement of minimum marks prescribed for admission to B.Com, M.A/ M.Com/ M.Sc courses. (GA/G2/28074/1984 dated 01.12.1986).
- Triple main candidates are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit a copy of the Equivalency certificate from the University of Calicut, stating that, their qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to the relevant PG programme, at the time of admission.
The seats filled by the University in University Teaching Departments/ Government/Aided/Unaided and Self Financing programmes in Aided colleges that are earmarked for SEBC/EBFC/SC/ST/OBX/OBH etc and Reservation seats for candidates from Union Territory of Lakshadweep/Tamil Linguistic Minority /Person with disabilities/ Sports.
The seats filled by the University in University Teaching Departments/ Government/Aided/Un-Aided (Self-financing) and Self Financing programmes in Aided colleges purely on the basis of the merit.
The Seat Allotment for Calicut University Centralised Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2018 will be published as soon as it is available on the official website. Allotted candidate have to pay a fee in order to confirm allotment before the last date which will soon be released.
Essential Requirement at the time of Admission
The candidates shall produce the following documents (in original) at the time of admission to a course of study in the affiliated colleges/Departments.
- The printouts of the application Finally submitted.( For all kinds of admissions, the CAP registration application form print out is compulsory)
- Challans of Registration Fee & Mandatory Fee
- Allotment/Admit Card
- Qualifying Certificate.
- Mark List(s)/Grade Card (s) of the qualifying examination
- Transfer Certificate received from the Institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate
- Equivalency/Recognition Certificate from the University of Calicut. (If Necessary)
- Income Certificate / Nativity Certificate /Community Certificate/BPL certificate as directed by the admitting authorities
- Candidates who claim bonus/weightage marks shall produce relevant certificates.