Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020 – Calicut University has released the second allotment for CAP PG 2020. It has released online at cuonline.ac.in. Calicut University conducts admission for Post Graduate (PG) Programmes. The admission is conducted through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP PG). Candidates registering their options should satisfy all the eligibility criteria with regard to academic qualifications. You can check the information regarding Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020 from below.
Latest: The second allotment has published for CAP PG 2020 and allotted Students should contact the College & take permanent admission before November 16, 2020, up to 3 pm. Scroll down to check it.
Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020
CAP offers the facility for online submission of the application to various colleges and programs. Students can opt up to 10 Colleges/programs of their choice on a priority basis from among the University Departments/ affiliated colleges through simple online steps available in CAP (website i.e. cuonline.ac.in).
Schedule for the Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020 is given below.
|Commencement of Online Registration||27 Aug 2020|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment|
|Closing Date of Online Registration|
|Entrance Examination for Non-English Candidates for MA English Admission & BA|
Thullal, Mohiniyattam etc. candidates for M A Sanskrit
|To be announced|
|Rearrangement of Options|
26 – 28 Oct 2020
|Forwarding of Community Quota & PH Quota rank list by University|
|Mandatory Fee Payment to confirm the First Allotment|
31 Oct – 04 Nov 2020
|Reporting of candidates to colleges under Community Quota|
31 Oct – 05 Nov 2020
|Mandatory Fee Payment to confirm the Second Allotment|
07 – 16 Nov 2020
|Permanent Admission to Colleges based on the Second Allotment|
09 – 16 Nov 2020
|Publication of Sports Quota Rank list by Colleges|
Publication of Community Quota Rank List
|09 Nov 2020|
|Admission to Community Quota|
10 – 16 Nov 2020
|Admission to Management, PH and Sports Quota|
10 – 16 Nov 2020
|Commencement of Classes|
|Admission to Vacancies after Second Allotment||To be announced|
|Closure of Admission|
14 Jan 2021
- Click here to download the revised schedule for PGCAP Admission 2020.
- Click here to download and check the Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020 Schedule.
Note: Non-English candidates applying for MA English, admission will be based on Entrance Test. The University will conduct the Entrance examination and admissions.
CAP PG 2020 Seat Allotment
The seats filled by the University in Government/Aided/Un-Aided (Self-financing) and Self Financing programmes in Aided colleges are purely on the basis of the merit. Allotment to the seats under the merit/reservation quota is conducted through Centralised Allotment. Selection/Allotment of a candidate to a particular programme to any College will be based on the rank of the candidate and the availability of the seat.
CAP PG 2020 Application Form Deadline Extended
CAP PG 2020 Registration
The online registration of Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020 is available now. The direct link for online registration of Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020 has given below. Candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria before applying online.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the application form for CAP PG 2020.
Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 280/- for General category and Rs. 115/- for SC/ST.
Procedure for Online Registration
First Step – CAP ID Creation : Candidate applying for PGCAP 2020 shall initially create a CAP ID by providing the basic details using the “New User (Create CAP ID)” link provided in the PGCAP 2020 registration page. After successful submission of the details, a CAP ID and Password will be sent to the registered mobile number instantly (Mobile number of students/parents/guardian only to be furnished).
Second Step – Registration Completion and Making Payment: With the CAP ID and Password received in the registered mobile number, the candidate can login and fill the registration page by providing required data. Candidates shall take utmost care while selecting the reservation category during the filling up of registration data. For completing the registration, candidate shall click on the ” Finalise & Proceed to Payment ” button and make payment
During the payment, the website will be redirected to the University of Calicut Instant Web Payment System (CUIWPS) page where the student can select the desired choice of payment. After successful payment, candidates can take the print out of application after re-login by using the CAP ID and Password provided earlier. (In case, the payment fails, the candidate will have to re-login and do the payment procedure once again to complete the payment and obtain the printout of the application). Print out of the application will be provided only if the payment is successfull.
General Information for Application Process:
- Candidate must read the notification completely before applying online.
- Candidate should scan their photograph ensuring that the photograph size should not exceed 40Kb and width:150px height:200px. Only JPEG files allowed.
- Candidate must have a valid personal email id, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of examination process.
- Candidate should give a valid phone number and its a personal one. If you don’t have a mobile number then give your parent’s mobile number.
- Do not press the back button during the process of registration.
- For Support:
- Online Registration (DOA – 0494 2407016,0494 2407017).
- Online Payment (e-Pay – 0494-2407179)
CAP PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Click here to download the PGCAP 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CAP PG 2020 has been listed below. Candidates need to check their eligibility criteria before filling up the online application form. Any candidate not fulfilling the eligibility criteria and still applying for the desired course might lead to the cancellation of their application.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination at an annual/semester examination or in a preceding supplementary examination held by the examination authorities alone are eligible to seek admission to any course of study under the University. Candidates are not eligible to seek admission to a course in a particular academic year if they have passed the qualifying examination in the Supplementary/ September examination in the same academic year to which they seek admission.
- The interval between the date of passing the qualifying exam and the exam for which admission is sought should not be less than the normal period prescribed for the programmes/courses of study.
- Candidates who had discontinued their studies in the first year/semester of the programme/course with or without Transfer Certificate also should seek admission again to the first year/semester just as fresh candidates seeking admission after passing the qualifying examination.
- Children of service persons who are awarded by gallantry decorations in the Vir Chakra service either in person or posthumously and also on Non-Decorated service Personnel who are killed in action will be exempted from the requirement of minimum marks prescribed for admission to M.A/ M.Com/ M.Sc courses. (GA/G2/28074/1984 dated 01.12.1986).
- Triple main candidates are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit a copy of the Equivalency certificate from the University of Calicut, stating that, their qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to the relevant PG programme, at the time of admission.
Note: The detailed eligibility criteria are provided in the admission rule booklet, which is attached below in this article.
Essential Requirement at the time of Admission
The candidates shall produce the following documents (in original) at the time of admission to a course of study in the affiliated colleges/Departments.
- The print outs of the application Finally submitted.( For all kinds of admissions, the CAP registration application form print out is compulsory)
- Chalan of Mandatory Fee
- Allotment/Admit Card
- Qualifying Certificate.
- Mark List(s)/Grade Card (s) of the qualifying examination
- Transfer Certificate received from the Institution last studied.
- Conduct Certificate
- Equivalency/Recognition Certificate from the University of Calicut. (If Necessary)
- Non Creamy Layer Certificate / Nativity Certificate /Community Certificate/BPL certificate as directed by the admitting authorities
- Candidates who claim bonus / weightage marks shall produce relevant certificates.
The seats filled by the University in University Teaching Departments/ Government/Aided/Unaided and Self Financing programmes in Aided colleges that are earmarked for SEBC/EBFC/SC/ST/OBX/OBH etc and Reservation seats for candidates from Union Territory of Lakshadweep/Tamil Linguistic Minority /Person with disabilities/ Sports.
Official Website: pgcap.uoc.ac.in/pgcap2020
Calicut University Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) PG 2020, Download following Documents:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.