MU PET 2021: The University of Mumbai has announced the revised schedule for Online PET 2021on the official website. Earlier, University of Mumbai has announced the result for MU Ph.D PET Entrance Exam which was conducted on 25 – 27 Mar 2021. Candidates can check their result with the held of link, user id, and password provided to them during exam. To get admission in Ph.D. course, candidates are required to qualify the Mumbai University Pre Entrance Test (MU PET 2021). MU PET is an online entrance test for admission to Ph.D. course. To get more information regarding the University of Mumbai Ph.D. Entrance Test 2021, check the page below.
Latest: MU PET 2021 has released the Revised schedule for Online PET 2021. Scroll down to check it.
The Revised Schedule for Online PET 2021 notification below.
MU PET 2021 Exam
The candidates have to appear for the online PET then based on the scores, are called for the interview round. The candidates can check the schedule of the MU PET 2021 from the below table.
Detailed MU PET Time Table: Click here to check the MU PET 2021 Exam Date.
|Online link to fill Application Form opened on||22 Jan 2021|
|Last date to apply online and print out the application form||02 Mar 2021|
|Availability of Mock Test||9-15 Dec 2021|
|Download MU PET 2021 Admit Card||Out Soon!|
|Date and time of Online Ph.D Entrance Test||17, 18, 21 Dec 2021 |
( 10 am to 12 noon)
|Humanities||17 Dec 2021|
|Science & Technology||18 Dec 2021|
|Commerce & Management||21 Dec 2021|
|Interdisciplinary Studies||21 Dec 2021|
MU PET 2021 Result
The result of the Ph.D. Entrance Test 2021 has been released in the online mode. Once the examination process is over successfully soon after the result is declared. The result for the University of Mumbai Ph.D. Entrance Test 2021 is declared only for those candidates who have appeared in the examination. To check the result of the MU PET 2021, candidates need to visit the official website. It is advised to all the students to visit the official website of the university for the latest updates. Revaluation of the PET 2021 is not accepted by the university. After the interview round, the university publishes the list of final selected candidates for admission.
Check Result here: Click here to check the result of the MU PET 2021 Exam for PhD Course.
MU PET 2021 Result Notice
MU PET 2021 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for the Ph.D. Entrance Test issued by the University of Mumbai. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria and all other details carefully. Ph.D. Entrance Test 2021 application form is filled online. Candidates have to fill the Application Form from the official website of the University of Mumbai or by a direct link that is posted on this page below as per the official announcement.
Application Process is over now.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for MU PET 2021 Exam.
How to Appy?
Step 1: Visit the official website that is mu.ac.in.
Step 2: In the ‘Latest News’ section, Click on the Ph.D. Entrance Test link.
Step 3: Then click on the PET Ph.D. Application link. It is shown in the below image.
Step 4: Now candidates are required to click on the ‘Apply Online’ link. After clicking on that link, candidates can proceed for the registration details.
Step 5: After successful registration, login ID and password is generated. Enter the login ID and password to fill the application form. After entering all the details, print your filled application form for future reference.
Application Fee: The application fee can be paid at the time of filling the application form. Candidates can see from here.
- For open category – Rs. 1000/-
- For reserved category – Rs. 500/- (SC/ST/VJNT/SBC/OBC – Caste Certificate is a must)
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid only through online mode.
Instruction to fill the Application Form
- The candidate can fill the online Application Form of the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) 2021 from the link available below. No Offline form are accepted.
- For the convenience of the candidates, no documents are required to be attached neither the hard copy of the application form is required to be submitted to the University at the time of Online submission of PET application format, However, every candidate is to ensure that, He/she is eligible in all respect as per the eligibility conditions.
- The candidates should have retained the print out of his application form for his/her future references.
- Fees once paid is refunded in any case, so please ensure eligibility criteria very carefully.
MU PET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are very important before going to fill the online application form. The candidates who are interested to take admission in the M.Phil and Ph.D. courses have to give MU PET 2021. Candidates can see the detailed eligibility criteria from here.
- Candidates must possess an M.Phil degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of reserved category/differently-abled/other category candidates).
- Candidates appearing for the final year/semester of the master’s degree are allowed to appear for the online PET 2021.
Exemption from PET
- Candidates who are qualified in UGC -NET/UGC-CSIR NET/SLET/GATE/INSPIRE/ and any other JRF holder of the body like CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/DBT/DST/ICSSR.
- Candidates who have passed the M.Phil course of UOM or any other recognized university.
- Ph.D degree holder of UOM or any other recognized university.
Click Here to check the detailed eligibility criteria and other information of the MU PET.
MU PET 2021 Exam Pattern
Those candidates who are going to give the MU PET 2021 examination need to know about the exam pattern of the online examination.
- Mode of Examination: The mode of the examination is online.
- Type of Questions: The MU PET consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total number of Questions: The total number of questions is 100.
- Total Sections: There are two sections in the PET examination. Section A includes common to all subjects in all faculties, research methodology and general awareness. Section B consist of subject-specific questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each right question carries one mark.
MU PET 2021 Subjects
Mumbai University also releases the online PET examination subjects on its official website. This subject includes 78 subjects for the MU PET. Candidates can check the list of subjects in detail by clicking on the below link provided in the downloads section.
- Click here to check the last year MU PET Subjects list.
MU PET 2021 Exam Centre
Mumbai University releases the online examination center on its official website that is mu.ac.in. Candidates can check the exam centers from the official website only. It is advised to visit the official website regularly for the latest update.
MU PET 2021 Admit Card
University of Mumbai issues the admit card of Mumbai University PET 2021 after the successful completion of the application process. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the University of Mumbai or by a direct link that is posted on this page below as per the official announcement. Hall Ticket is available in the online mode only. Hall Ticket of PET 2021 is the key document for the online entrance examination. Candidates should retain their admit card at the time of examination of the University of Mumbai PET 2021.
MU PET 2021 Selection Procedure
Candidates can see the selection procedure to get admission to the Ph.D. course from here.
- The candidates who want to get admission in this programme have to appear for the online examination that is known as MU PET. The candidates need to qualify for this Pre entrance test.
- After the declaration of the result, selected candidates are called for the interview round based on their performance in the online entrance test.
|Online PET examination||70%|
It should be noted that the interview of the selected candidates is conducted on the research centers. All the candidates after due verification invite for the interview round. Following things are assessed at the time of interview:
- Basic knowledge of the selected area
- Competence for the proposed research
- Research work can be suitably undertaken at the institute
- Selected area contribute to the additional knowledge
MU PET 2021 Cut Off Marks
To qualify the MU PET 2021, candidates need to obtained the aggregate passing marks. Aggregate passing marks is different for reserved and open category. Check out the minimum passing marks from below table.
About University of Mumbai
The University of Mumbai which is earlier known as for the name the University of Bombay and It was established in the year 1857. This university is accredited by NAAC grade ‘A’ and covered under the top three universities of India. This university offers admission to various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. To get admission to the Ph.D. course, candidates need to qualify for the MU PET 2021 examination. Based on the marks in MU PET 2021, candidates are getting admission in Ph.D. course.
Official Website: mu.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.