University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2019 – University of Burdwan (BU) has released the notification for admission into 2- year B.Ed. The course of Studies under the Department of Education, Golapbag, B.U. for the session 2019-21. On the basis of the online submission of application, the university shall prepare a provisional merit list without verification of the accuracy and authenticity of the data submitted by the applicants With the help of this article candidates can get the complete details of the University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, admission process, etc. Before applying for the same, have a look at this article.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admissions 2019
Admission to B.Ed. Program in Self -Financed B.Ed colleges under B.U. will be done phase wise through online mode only and under any circumstances, no student will be admitted directly by the Self-financed B.Ed. College Authorities, without the recommendation of the university and the University Authority, shall not be responsible for Registration and Enrolment of any student, if admitted directly by the College Authority, except on Management Quota Seats
Schedule for the University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2019 is given below.
|Submission of on-line application form starts||22 May 2019|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||05 Jun 2019|
|Last date for payment of application fee||07 Jun 2019|
The University of Burdwan will release the Application Form for B.Ed Programme for the session 2019 on its official website. Before applying for the same, candidates must ensure the eligibility explained below. If a candidate is eligible according to the criteria specified by the University then only he/she can apply for the B.Ed admissions. For more details regarding application fee, you can check the details from the above Quick Link section
Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce, or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible for application. There shall be the relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC, ST and DA (Differently Abled) categories
N.B.: 50% or 45% marks (as the case may be) in Bachelor’s degree with Hons. may be determined either on the basis of Hons. marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks and marks of the elective subjects taken together (excluding ENVS & Languages)
As per instructions of UGC, the eligible SC/ST, OBC, DA Students etc. should submit their scholarship form for the academic year by February, for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, DA etc. each year.
Age Limit: Age of the Fresh Candidates as on June 30, 2019, shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be the relaxation of 5 years in favor of DA category candidates.
Reservation: Reservation of seats for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) is not applicable to Self-financed B.Ed. Colleges. As per Govt. order no.1084(20)-Edn(U)/EH/1U-89/13, dated, 07.12.2018, the percentage of reservation for the persons with disabilities shall be extended not less than 5% in each College.
On the basis of the online submission of application, the university shall prepare a provisional merit list without verification of the accuracy and authenticity of the data submitted by the applicants. Applicants shall remain responsible for the inaccuracy /insufficiency and lack of authenticity of the data entered and the candidature may be canceled at any stage of admission and even during the continuation of the program. The rank of the provisional merit list may be changed due to inaccuracy/insufficiency and lack of authenticity of the data entered.
For Deputed Candidates
The Provisional Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service as on June 30, 2019. In case of same length of service of two or more candidates, the 2nd and 3rd criteria shall be Total Grade Point and Date of Birth respectively.
Separate list for deputed applicants shall be prepared as per the following groups :
- Language & Social Science Group : (Beng., Eng., Sans., Hin., Geo., Hist., Pol. Sc., Phil., Edn., Eco., Music, Commerce, Fine Arts)
- Life Science Group : (Zoo., Bot., Physio., Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env.Sc.,)
- Physical Science Group : (Phy., Elect., Chem., Bio-chem.),
- Mathematics Group : (Math., Stat., Comp. Application, Comp. Sc., Engineering or Technology)
For Fresh Candidates, Subject wise Provisional Rank list [mentioning category and category wise rank (i.e. SC, ST & PWD) ]shall be prepared on the basis of their Grade Points to be computed as per the following norms :
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the H.S.(10+2) or Equivalent Examination.
- a) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination or, ) a) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination or, b) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Hons. or equivalent Examination [% of marks obtained in this case shall be computed considering the marks of Hons. subject only.]
- 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examination.
- a) 5 marks shall be awarded for M. Phil. Degree or, b) 8 marks shall be awarded for Ph. D. degree.
(Candidates with M. Phil. & Ph. D. degrees both, only 8 marks are awarded).
- The total fee for pursuing this Programme in the Self-financed Colleges is Rs. 50,000/- (including Uni. Exam. Fee Rs. 1000 for 1st & 2nd semesters) per annum both for Deputed & Fresh Candidates of which Rs. 20000/- will be paid at the time of admission and the rest (i.e.Rs. 30000/-) will be paid in six (6) equal monthly installments starting from the month of September every year.
- Note that the total course fee for 2-years is Rs. 1,00,000/- per student. In addition to the above fees, students will pay an only Enrollment fee, Centre fee, etc. separately.
- The authority of each Self-financed College will spend Rs. 75,000/- only per unit (i.e. for 50 students) in every academic year for the benefit of the students in the form of relaxation of tuition fees.
- This benefit will be given to the poor and meritorious fresh candidates but not to the Candidates to be admitted on Management Quota.
Seat Matrix for B.U. Fresh Candidates are as follows:
Seat Matrix for O.U. Fresh Candidates are as follows:
Seat Matrix for Deputed Candidates are as follows:
Official website: www.buruniv.ac.in
For more details about the University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2019