University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2017 – University of Burdwan (BU) had released notification for admission into 2- year B.Ed. Course of Studies under Department of Education, Golapbag, B.U. for the session 2017-19. The complete detail of University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, admission process etc. are given below.
Latest Announcement – Revised Provisional Merit List Along with counselling schedule has been published on 13 Jul 2017. Scroll down to check the same.
University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admissions 2017
Issue of application form to a candidate does not automatically ensure his/her eligibility for admission to the course. Candidates, engaged in any other course of studies/job/Full-time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously. Fresh candidates must verify the eligibility, age limit & availability of method subject(s) before filling up the application form because the application fee is non-refundable.
Schedule for the University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2017 is given below.
|Submission of on-line application form starts||05 Jun 2017|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||19 Jun 2017|
List of Selected Candidates
Candidates can check the list of selected candidates for counselling process for admission into B.Ed Course. The direct link to check the list of candidates is given below.
- Click Here to Check Provisional Merit list
The candidates, whose names appear in the provisional Merit List, are directed to appear for counselling on 18.07.2017 at 12 Noon at Kadambini Ganguly Memorial Hall, 3 rd Floor, Composite Arts Building, Golapbag, B.U. with all academic credentials in original along with copy of the Application Form, Bank Payment Receipt, Voter or Aadhar Card, either personally or through his/her authorized representative, failing which their selection will liable to be cancelled. Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit. Candidates selected for admission have to deposit admission fees through On-Line mode on 20.07.2017 and 21.07.2017 [For Deputed Category- Rs. 10730/- (Rupees ten thousand seven hundred thirty only); for Fresher Category- Rs.4230/- (Rupees four thousand two hundred thirty only)]. If any candidate remains absent in the day of counselling or fails to pay the admission fees within the stipulated period, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce, or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible for application. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and PwD (Persons with disabilities) categories.
N.B. :50% or 45% marks (as the case may be) in Bachelor’s degree with Hons. may be determined either on the basis of Hons. marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks and marks of the elective subjects taken together (excluding ENVS & Languages)
As per instructions of UGC, the eligible SC/ST, OBC, PwD Students etc. should submit their scholarship form for the academic year by February, for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, PwD etc. each year.
Age Limit : Age of the Fresh Candidates as on 30th June, 2017 shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in favour of PWD category candidates.
Reservation: In each college 22% & 6% of total seats shall be kept reserved for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) respectively and PwD candidates will enjoy a 3% reservation in each of the categories, i.e. in SC, ST and in the Unreserved or General category.
For Deputed Candidates , Provisional Rank list [mentioning category and category wise rank (i.e. SC, ST & PWD) ]shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service. In case of same length of service of two or more candidates, the 2nd and 3rd criteria shall be Academic Score and Date of Birth respectively.
Separate list for deputed applicants shall be prepared as per the following groups :
- Language & Social Science Group : (Beng., Eng., Sans., Hin., Geo., Hist., Pol. Sc./Socio.,Phil., Edn., Eco., Music, Commerce, Urdu, Santali, Arabic)
- Life Science Group : (Zoo., Bot., Physio., Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env.Sc., Agronomy, Agriculture, Home Science, Home Management & Home Science)
- Physical Science Group : (Phy., Elect., Chem., Bio-chem.),
- Mathematics Group : (Math.,Stat.,Comp. Application,Comp. Sc., Engineering or Technology)
For Fresh Candidates, Subject wise Provisional Rank list [mentioning category and category wise rank (i.e. SC, ST & PWD) ]shall be prepared on the basis of their Grade Points to be computed as per the following norms :
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the H.S.(10+2) or Equivalent Examination.
- a) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination or, ) a) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination or, b) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Hons. or equivalent Examination [% of marks obtained in this case shall be computed considering the marks of Hons. subject only.]
- 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examination.
- a) Ad hoc 5 marks shall be awarded for M. Phil. Degree or, b) Ad hoc 8 marks shall be awarded for Ph. D. degree.
(Candidates with M. Phil. & Ph. D. degrees both, only 8 marks be awarded).
Total fee for pursuing this Programme in the Self-financed Colleges is Rs. 60,000/- (including Uni. Exam. Fee Rs. 1000 for 1st & 2nd semesters) per annum both for Deputed & Fresh Candidates of which Rs. 30000/- will be paid at the time of admission and the rest (i.e. Rs. 30000/- ) will be paid in six (6) equal installments starting from the month of September every year. Note that total course fee for 2-years is Rs. 1,20,000/- per student.