The University of Burdwan is conducting a PG Admission 2018 for the various postgraduate courses. Candidates who will be interested have to fill the application form. The selection of the candidates will be based on the Honours Marks and Admission Test. The 60% seats will be reserved for the pass-out candidates from Undergraduate Colleges affiliated to the University of Burdwan and remaining 40% seats will be for the candidates who will qualify the written admission test. The admission will be provided to both the categories and will be clearly on the basis of the marks scored by them in their Honours Degree or in the Admission Test.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Important Dates
University of Burdwan PG Admission will start once after all the pre-process of admission has been done. Candidates will be updated with all the information regarding the important dates for the same. Candidates who will be interested shall stay updated with us. Candidates can check the expected dates for admission in the schedule provided to them below.
Revised Schedule of Admission for PG Subjects in Science
Schedule for Faculty Council of Science
Schedule for Faculty Council of Arts
- Click here to check Information regarding Online Registration and Enrollment of the Student Admitted to 1st Year U.G. Programmes for the Session 2018-19
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Arts – Seating Arrangement for Written Test under Arts Faculty to be held on Sep 13, 2018.
- Click here to check venue and roll no of candidates for the written test to be held on September 10 and 11
- Click here to check notice for candidates appearing in the field test for admission to M.P.Ed. Course of Studies (to be held on September 11, 2018)
- Click here to check the instructions regarding PG admission payment of Fee.
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (40% Category) – Schedule of Written Test
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (60% Category) – Notice for Verification of Documents
- Click here to check Important Notice Regarding Admission in Science Faculty
- Click here to check Counselling Notice for Admission Under F.C. Arts, etc.
- Click here to check notice regarding Seating Arrangement for Written Test of MBA Programme, M.Ed. (Fresher) and Women‘s Studies
- Click here to check notice regarding Counselling for PG admission in Arts
- Click here to check PG Engg / Tech 2018-19 Admission Notice for Spot Round.
The University of Burdwan has released the Answer key of Written Test for different subjects, candidates can check the same from the official website, also a direct link to check the same is also provided below. With the help of these answer keys candidates can evaluate their score in the written test.
- Click here to check the answer keys of Written Test for Different Subjects under Faculty Council (SC)
- Click here to check the answer keys of Written Test for Different Subjects under Faculty Council (Arts)
The University of Burdwan has released the Provisional Admission and Waiting Lists. Candidates are advised to check the same from the link provided below.
- Click here to check the list of candidates for written test for PG Admission 2018 in Arts (40% Category)
- Click here to check Revised Broad Merit List for PG Admission for M.A. in Arabic (60% Category).
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (60% Category) – Admitted List for Computer Science and Applications & Statistics
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (60% Category) – Admitted list for all Science subjects (except Computer Science and Applications & Statistics)
- Click here to check the Provisional Admission and Waiting Lists.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Admit Card
As the application process successfully completed, the applied candidates can get their admit cards which is available before the commencement of admission test. The admit cards have been uploaded on the official website www.buruniv.ac.in only. Candidates can able to download their admit card by login using the application number. After downloading the admit card, the candidates will need to take a printout of the downloaded admit card for the future reference.
- Click here to download the admit card PG admission in Arts & Science.
- Click here to check the notification regarding admit card.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Result
After the admission test, the University will declare the result of the admission test on the official website only. On the basis of the scores obtained in the admission test, the candidates will get admission in the PG courses in which they have applied. The merit list for both the categories (60% category and 40% category) will be uploaded on the official website.
For Honours Category (60% seats), the merit list will be published on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their honors degree courses.
For Written Test Category (40% seats), the merit list will be uploaded on the basis of the marks obtained by the qualified candidates in the admission test.
- Click here to check the Broad Merit List for PG Admission 2018-2020 in M.P.Ed., M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet and M.A. in Hindustani Classical Vocal Music Under Faculty Council of Arts.
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Arts (60% Category) – Broad Merit List in Various Subjects Under F.C. Arts, etc.
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (40% Category) – Roll number of the Candidates for Written Test.
- Click here to checkPG Admission 2018 in Science (60% Category) – List of Selected Candidates for Admission (Except Computer Science and Applications & Statistics)
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (60% Category) – List of Selected Candidates for Admission (Computer Science and Applications & Statistics)
- Click here to check PG Admission 2018 in Science (60% Category) – Broad Merit List in All Science Sebjects
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the PG Admission 2018, the candidate must ensure that he/she must be eligible for admission as per the norms of the conducting body. Interested candidates need to go through the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates under the unreserved category will require 50% aggregate at the honors level in the concerned subject as a regular course of studies under the faculty of science and arts. For SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/DA/SP, the minimum eligibility will be 45% aggregate in honors in the relevant subject.
- Candidates who will be obtaining undergraduate/postgraduate degrees from an Open University or distance education will not be considered as eligible for the admission.
- The eligibility criteria for the multidisciplinary courses will be as follows:
|Courses||Qualifying Examination||Subjects||Minimum Percentage|
|Environmental Sciences||Science Graduates||Environmental Science / Microbiology / Botany / Chemistry / Zoology / Physics / Geography / Geology / Physciology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / B.Sc (Agricultural) Hons.||50% Aggregate|
|Biotechnology||Honours Graduate||Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Physiology||50% Aggregate|
|Geospatial Sciences||Honours Graduate||Chemistry / Botany / Zoology / Physics / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Life Science / Environmental Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Geology / Geography / Forestry / Wildlife Science / Computer Science / Information Technology / Agriculture / Oceanography / Marine Science / Bioinformatics / Fisheries Science||50% Aggregate|
|Women’s Studies||Honours Graduate||History / Political Science / Philosophy / Sociology / Economics / Languages||50% Aggregate|
|MLIS||Honours Graduate||–||50% Aggregate|
|Mass Communication||Regular Honours Graduate||–||50% Aggregate|
|MBA, MBA (T), MBA (HR)||Regular Honours Graduate||–||50% Aggregate|
|Hindustani Classical Vocal Music, Rabindra Sangeet||Honours Graduate||Music||50% Aggregate|
|Statistics||Honours Graduate||Statistics/Mathematics||50% Aggregate|
|M.Ed. (Deputed)||B.Ed. Examination||50% Aggregate|
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates will have to fill the application form for applying to their concerned courses. The application forms will be available on the official website of the University i.e. www.buruniv.ac.in.
How to Apply
Candidates will have to fill the application form by following the steps given below:
Step 1 – Candidates will have to visit the official website and click on the ‘Online PG Admission 2018’ section.
Step 2 – Next, the application form will be displayed on the screen, the candidates have to start filling the details in the form.
Step 3 – Candidates will have to fill the correct and complete information in the form.
Step 4 – Once the form will be complete, the candidates need to submit the form.
Step 5 – After submitting the form, the candidates will be directed to the next page where they will have to upload a photograph in the jpeg format.
Step 6 – Then, the candidates will need to pay the application fee by choosing the mode of payment.
Step 7 – Once the candidates will have reached the payment page, refreshing/reloading the page while processing should not be done.
Step 8 – After the successful payment, the candidates must take a printout of the e-receipt and the filled up application form.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Counselling /Seat Allotment
The counseling process will be held by the conducting body after the publication of the merit lists of both the categories. Only those candidates can participate in the counseling process who will have their names in the merit lists from both the categories. The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their rank, choice of course and seat availability. Candidates who will participate in the counseling process will need to carry the following documents:
- Original and photocopy of mark sheets of all public examinations passed
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate
- Admit card of the Madhyamik or equivalent examinations
- Original certificate of ST/SC/OBC-A/OBC-B/Differently Abled/Sports categories issued in favor of the candidates.
- A printed copy of the Rank Card.
- A printed copy of the application form
After the document verification, the candidates will need to pay the respective fees through online mode within the given period of time. Only those candidates will be considered for admission who will pay the correct admission fees within the given time period.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2018 Seat Intake
Seat Intake under Faculty Council (Science) 60% category is provided below:
For more information candidates are advised to download the information brochure- Download brochure.