University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 – University of Burdwan (UB), West Bengal, has released notification for PG admission on the official website i.e buruniv.ac.in. Candidates of Burdwan University are selected on the basis of the provisional broad list under 100% and 80% Category, candidates other than BU will be selected on the basis of the Admission Test conducted by the university. The admission will be provided to both the categories and will be clearly on the basis of the marks scored by them in their Honours Degree or in the Admission Test. For more information about University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 courses, eligibility read the page below.
Latest: University of Burdwan has released the notice for the PG Admission process. Scroll down to check the details.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021
Board Merit list for BU candidates (60% category) will be displayed on the official website and Board list for 40% category according to the written test will be declared on the official website. Candidates check the expected dates for University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 from the table below:
|University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021||Dates|
|Publication of Results of the Final Semester of UG Courses by||31 Aug 2021|
|Date of opening of Online Portal for Application for PG Courses||01 Sep 2021|
|Completion of Application in the Online Portal for PG Courses by||15 Sep 2021|
|Publication of Merit Lists in PG Courses by||20 Sep 2021|
|Completion of Adnrission at the PG Courses by||25 Oct 2021|
|Start of 1st Semester of PG Courses by||Last week of Oct 2021|
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Application Form
Candidates under 60% category and 40% category have to fill the online application form from the official website. Candidates have to fill his/her basic, details, qualification details, Bank and other details in the application form. Provided details by the candidates must be valid and correct. Candidates are required to preserve the printout of application form and Fee receipt for the counselling process. After filling the application form, interviews will be held for the DA and SP candidates respectively and Merit list for 100% category will be released by the University.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay application fee online for all the courses. Candidates can check the application fee as per last year from the table below:
|SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ DA/SP||Rs. 150/-|
How to Apply-
- Go to the official website and fill in the basic details
- After that Candidates must enter his/her qualification details, bank details etc.
- Candidates after filling the application form completely can proceed for the payment method.
- Make payment of application fee online then, the page will redirect to E-Receipt. An E-Receipt is an electronic document with a unique confirmation number given to remitter in place of a paper receipt.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Course Offered
Candidates can check the P.G courses offered by the University from below:
- M.A in BENGALI
- M.A in ENGLISH
- M.A in ECONOMICS
- M.A in EDUCATION
- M.A in HISTORY
- M.A in HINDI
- M.A in MASS COMMUNICATION
- M.A in POLITICAL SCIENCE
- M.A in PHILOSOPHY
- M.A in SANSKRIT
- M.A in SOCIOLOGY
- M.A in SANTALI
- M.A in URDU
- M.A in WOMENS STUDIES
- M.ED. (FRESHERS)
- MBA (TOURISM)
- MBA (HR)
- M.A in HINDUSTHANI CLASSICAL VOCAL MUSIC
- M.A in RABINDRA SANGEET
- M.A in ARABIC
- M.A in FRENCH
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility required for P.G courses of Studies in different multidisciplinary from below as per the norms of University :
- Environmental Sciences: Candidates who have completed Science graduates (10+2+3) having 50% marks Honours in Env. Sc. / Microbiology / Botany/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Physics/ Geography (with a B.Sc degree)/ Geology/ Physiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry and B.Sc.(Agri.) Hons. (10+2+4) can apply for admission.
- Biotechnology: those who have completed Honours in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Physiology with a minimum of 50% marks having pass subjects like Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physiology can apply for admissions.
- MPEd: Candidates who have completed Regular B.P.Ed. or B.P.E. course with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for M.PEd course.
- Geospatial Sciences: those who have completed Honours with Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Geography, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Bioinformatics, Fisheries Science with 50% marks in Undergraduate. can apply for the course.
- Women’s Studies: Candidates who have done the three-year Hons. Course in History, Pol. Sc., Philosophy, Sociology, Economics and Languages with minimum 50% marks can apply for the admissions.
- MLIS: those who have passed Regular Hons. Graduate with at least 50% of Marks in any subject can apply for the admission
- Mass Communication: who have cleared Regular Hons. Graduate with at least 50% of Marks and have secured minimum 20% marks in PI is eligible for course.
- MBA Programmes [MBA, MBA (Tourism), MBA (HR)]: Candidates who have completed Regular Honours Graduates Hons Course/B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm./MBBS etc. with a minimum of 50% marks. and have a valid score card in MAT, CAT, CMAT, XAT, GMAT, and JEMAT can appear in GD and PI round directly. Those who have no valid score card in MAT, CAT, CMAT, XAT, GMAT, and JEMAT will have to appear the Written Admission Test positively.The Candidate must secure a minimum of 20% marks in GD and PI separately.
- M.A. in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music and M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet: Candidates who is Honours graduate in Music with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for the course.
- Statistics: Candidates who have competed Honours in Statistics or Mathematics with minimum marks of 50% can apply for the admissions.
- M.Ed (Fresher): Candidates who have passed Regular B.Ed. Course with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for the exam.
- LL.M.: Candidates who have cleared Regular 3 Years or 5 Years LL.B. Course with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for the exam.
Candidates required minimum marks for admission in all M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. the course of studies under Faculty Councils of Science & Arts are :
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ DA/ SP||45%|
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Result
After the admission test, the University will declare the result of the admission test on the official website.Result will be declared in the form of Merit List Candidates who have qualified the exam, can check his/her name in list. On the basis of the scores obtained in the admission test, the candidates will get admission in the PG courses in which they have applied. After the result will released the merit list for both the categories (60% category and 40% category) on the official website according to which candidates will be called for the counselling.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Rank List
University of Burdwan has released the provisional broad list under 100%, 80% and 20% Category. Rank list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their honors degree courses or Grade Point (GP) for the Pass outs of Other University Students. The direct link to check the rank list is provided below.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Counselling /Seat Allotment
Qualified Candidates according to the merit list, will be called for counseling and admission will be based on their ranks in list. Candidates are required to carry their original and attested copy of documents. Candidates will have to report for counseling and admission at the campus as per the programme notified along with the merit list.
Documents and testimonials mentioned below at the time of admissions:
- Original and photocopy of mark-sheets of all public examinations passed.
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate/ admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
- Original Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribes / OBC-A/ OBC-B/ Differently Abled/ Sports certificate issued in favour of the candidates. Relevant Certificates must conform to West Bengal Govt. Memo No. 1813-BCW/MR-94/11 dated 20th June 2011.
- Rank card, which is available in the online admission portal.
- Printed copy of Application form, to be downloaded from online portal before moving to the page for payment of application fee.
- Students have to submit an affidavit sworn before the Notary Public within the 15 days of admission in their respective departments to the effect that they would not take part or incite any activity of ragging failing which they are liable to be expelled. The said undertaking should be countersigned by respective guardians.
- Once documents verification is confirmed, within given time period candidates need to pay the respective fees online.
- Once verification is confirmed, the ‘Online Admission Fee Payment’ link will be visible in the online portal. Candidates are advised to pay the respective admission fees through online and print the voucher copy.
- If any candidate does not pay the admission fees within the stipulated period, then the admission of that candidate will be terminated and will completely exit from the admission procedure.
- Admission will be confirmed for those candidates who pay the necessary admission fees within the given time period.
University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 Seat Intake
Seat Intake as per last year under Faculty Council (Science) 60% category is:
|Course||Total Intake Seats|
|MA in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music and MA in Rabindra Sangeet||28|
For 40% category under Arts Faculty :
|Course||Total Intake Seats|
|MA in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music and MA in Rabindra Sangeet||16|
Candidates can check the previous year fee structure from below:
About University of Burdwan
University of Burdwan was established in 1960 with 6 graduates department and 30 undergraduate departments. Now University offers more than 30 undergraduate and 66 postgraduate courses. and around 227 Esteemed Faculties and 189 affiliated colleges with University. National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked University of Burdwan on 89 among universities in India and also University is rank 3rd among all West Bengal university.
Official Website: www.buruniv.ac.in
For more information of University of Burdwan PG Admission 2021 download –
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.