Calcutta University M.Com Admission 2018 – Calcutta University has been released notification for admission to the various M.Com (Day & Evening) courses for the session 2018-20. The complete detail of Calcutta University M.Com Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given below.
University of Calcutta M.Com Admission 2018
Calcutta University offers admission to M.Com (Day & Evening) courses for the session year 2018-19. Candidates can check all the necessary information regarding University of Calcutta M.Com Admission 2018 along with important dates below on this page.
Provisional Admission Schedule for the University of Calcutta – M.Com, M.A & M.Sc(Economics) 2018 is given below.
|Events||Start Date||End Date|
|Notification||06 Jul 2018||–|
|Online submission of Application||09 Jul 2018||16 Jul 2018|
|Deposition of Application fee through Bill Desk Gateway||09 Jul 2018||17 Jul 2018|
|Publication of Draft merit list of C.U. current year students
|18 Jul 2018||–|
|Submission of claim for correction in draft merit list (if any)
|19 Jul 2018||20 Jul 2018|
|Publication of Provisional 1st Selection lists of C.U. current year
students (PART- ‘A’) based on the data provided by the candidate
|24 Jul 2018|
|Release of Hall Ticket for Entrance Test||24 Jul 2018 onwards||–|
|Submission of printed copy of Application & documents to the
respective campus of the University (Students’ Section) and
verification of Part-A (Current year C.U. Graduates) for Provisional 1st Selection list candidates.
|25 Jul 2018||28 Jul 2018|
|Entrance Test (SEE DETAILED SCHEDULE)||30 Jul 2018||05 Aug 2018|
|Date of admission from 1
st Selection list Part A (Current year
CU students) for University Departments only.
|06 Aug 2018||08 Aug 2018|
|Publication of Entrance Test Result (Tentative)||10 Aug 2018||–|
Part B Admission Schedule for University of Calcutta – M.Com, M.A & M.Sc(Economics) 2018
Admission Schedule for the University of Calcutta – M.Com, M.A & M.Sc(Economics) 2018 is given below.
|Call-up for Admission for Part-A(60% seats)||29-31 Aug 2018|
|2nd Provisional Selection List(Part A)||1 Sep 2018|
|Admission dates for Part-A (2nd Provisional Selection List)||2-4 Sep 2018|
|Call-up for Admission for Part-B(40% seats)||2-4 Sep 2018|
|2nd Provisional Selection List(Part B)||5 Sep 2018|
|Admission dates for Part-B (2nd Provisional Selection List)||6-8 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of classes||6 Sep 2018|
|Call Up for Part-A(60% Seats) for 3rd selection list||12 Sep 2018|
|Call Up for Part-B(40% Seats)||13 Sep 2018|
|Publication of Selection List (Part-A & Part-B)||13 Sep 2018|
|Admission (Part-A & Part-B)||14 and 15 Sep 2018|
Note* The last date of submission of documents is August, 28 2018 for M.A./ M.COM./ M.SC. (Eco.) under C.U. departments for the year 2018.
- Click here to check call-up notice for 3rd selection list.
- Click here to check Call Up Notice For 2nd Selection List(Part-B).
- Click here to check Admission Schedule.
- Click here to check Call Up Notice For 2nd Selection List(Part-A).
- Click here to check the Notice regarding Sports and foreign quota.
- Click here to check admission notice for Part B 40% seats.
- Click here to know complete information about the Schedule of entrance test for P.G. Admission 2018.
Admission for Vacant seats
- Three years B.Com Honours Graduates of the Current year or immediately previous year under Calcutta University.
- Honours graduates in Commerce from other recognized Universities.
- Candidates; having graduated with Major Course in the current year or the immediately previous year from Universities other than Calcutta University are also eligible, subject to the decision of the decision of C.U Equivalence Department. However, for the smooth processing of their applications, scanned copy of a certificate from their university, stating the Major Course equivalent to Honours, might be uploaded before-hand.
- Candidates having passed Honours/Major Courses in Commerce from Indira Gandhi National Open University, Netaji Subash Open University and the Distance Education Programmes of other Universities of West Bengal.
Application FormApplication process is over now. Application for Admission to M.Com (Day and Evening) Courses is accepted through the online admission process..For online process (for specified cares): Visit the University website (www.caluniv.ac.in) for Application Form & Brochure Application form for M.A./M.Sc. Admission will be submitted online. Application Form is also available above under ‘Quick Links’.For offline process: Form to be obtained from the Secretary office and duly filled-in application form along with relevant supporting documents self-attested by the candidates are to be submitted to the same Office. The documentary evidence of the payment of Application Fee must be attached with the hard copy of the application.Application Fee:Application Fee of Rs. 100/- for General & Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD categories will have to be paid online at www.onlinesbi.com of State Bank of India. Mode of payment of application fee: For the online system, the application fee may be deposited in any of the following manners: Through “State Bank Collect” system;
- By internet banking/debit card/credit card of any bank.
- Make payment online at www.onlinesbi.com(State Bank Collect) and print the e-receipt.
If you face any difficulty during payment please call Sri Sudip Kumar Datta, Dy Manager, SBI, C.U. Branch at the contact No. 033-2241-1678 (during working hours). For State Bank manual collect system additional commission for bank transaction is to be borne by the candidate. Copy of the fee deposition slip (e-receipt) is to be attached with the printed copy of the application. (iii) Before deposition of Cash at SBI Br., Challan is to be downloaded from “State Bank Collect”.Note: Candidate must state his/her preference DAY or EVENING and must give an option for Special paper in 2nd year M.Com. (1) Accounting & Finance or (2) Marketing at the time of submission of formRules Regarding the Admission of Candidates from Universities Other than University of Calcutta
- Honours graduates from other recognized Universities in the system of (10+2+3) of the current and just previous year are eligible to apply.
- Candidates passing Honours/Major courses in Arts, Science and Commerce in UnderGraduate Degree Level from Indira Gandhi National Open University/Netaji Subash Open University and Distance Education Programmes of other Universities of West Bengal are also eligible for admission.
Selection ProcessSelection will be made strictly in order of merit on the basis of percentage of marks for 60% of seats for C.U. current year students and for the remaining 40% of seats, in order of merit on the basis of the marks obtained at the subject wise Entrance Test for Non C.U. and C.U. current year and back year students. The Entrance Test for the respective course will be conducted through MCQ Booklets and OMR Sheets. The MCQ Booklets will comprise 50 questions with a total of 100 marks; each question carrying 2 marks. Black Ball Pen must be used for darkening the correct answer on the OMR sheet.Accreditation of Marks: For each correct answer 2 marks and for not attempted answer 0 (zero) mark will be awarded whereas for every wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted (Minus Marking). In case, two or more candidates obtain same marks in the entrance test, the candidates with less negative marking will be placed in higher position in the merit list.ReservationThe following seats are reserved in each subject for the under mentioned categories:
- For SC/ST – 22% and 6% respectively of the total seats of the concerned subject.
- For Persons with Disability: reservation of 3% seats for PWD horizontally within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC-A, OBC- B/unreserved) of the concerned subject.
- For OBC-A & OBC-B: 10% & 7% respectively of the total seats of the concerned subject.
- Sports Quota:- Additional Total 8 (Eight) seats for Arts and 4 (Four) seats for M.Com.
- Military Quota: – Additional 5 seats will be reserved for the children of the Ex-military servicemen who have died or have become disabled in the battle field provided they are otherwise eligible.
- Foreign Quota: 15% supernumerary seats for foreign students.
Fee StructureFees Structure for M.A./M.Com. Course:
- Tuition fees: Rs. 100/- per month
- Admission fees: Rs. 100/-
- Session charge: Rs. 44/- per year
- Library fees: Rs.200/- per year
- Laboratory fees (for Laboratory Subjects only): Rs. 60/- per month.
- Transfer fee: Rs.50/- per transfer.
- Identity Card Fee: Rs. 50/
Note: At the time of admission Tuition Fee for 06 (six) months and Laboratory Fee (if applicable) for 06 (six) months and Library Fee for the entire session along with other fees have to paid. All the Fees are subject to change time to time by the order of the appropriate Authority.For more details regarding UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA M.Com. Admission 2018 – Download the Admission noticeCalcutta University Admission