UPESEAT 2020 – Result for Round 2 has been declared. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, UPES has cancelled UPESEAT 2020. The new selection process for B.Tech admission will be now based on merit drawn based on 10+2 / JEE / SAT scores. The admission is now being done in 3 rounds. The admission process includes applying with scores of 10+2 / JEE / SAT, based on which UPES draws the merit list. The selected candidates have to pay the fee to confirm their seats. To know all about the new B.Tech admission process of UPES, read below.
Latest: UPESEAT 2020 Result for Round 2 has been declared.
The revised schedule of UPESEAT 2020 is as follows:
|UPES B.Tech admission||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|Last date to apply||20 July 2020||31 July 2020||20 Aug 2020|
|Last date to submit class 10th & 12th marks||23 July 2020||3 Aug 2020||23 Aug 2020|
|Selection list to be declared||25 July 2020||5 Aug 2020||25 Aug 2020|
|Last date to submit fee||28 July 2020||8 Aug 2020||28 Aug 2020|
UPESEAT 2020 Result
The candidates can check the result of the UPES B.Tech admission in the online mode at upes.ac.in. To check the result the candidates need to use their login details. The selected candidates who qualify are issued the call letter to appear for the next process. This year due to COVID-19 the entire admission in B.Tech courses shall be based on JEE / 10+2 / SAT scores.
UPESEAT 2020 Cancelled
UPESEAT 2020 Application Form
UPESEAT 2020 Application form is available online on upes.ac.in. To fill the online UPESEAT application form the candidates have to follow the steps below carefully:
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the “Apply Now” link in the top menu.
Step 2: Sign up by filling the Sign-Up Form with Name, E-Mail Address, Mobile Number, State, City, and Course Name.
Step 3: Enter OTP and fill details in the UPES 2020 Registration Form.
Step 4: After that, the candidates will have to pay the application fee.
Step 5: Following it, the last step is to fill the academic details.
Application Fee: To submit the application form of UPESEAT 2020, students have to pay online application fee. Check details below.
|Indian Residents||Rs. 1350/-|
|Foreign Residents||USD 75|
Mode of Payment: The payment can be made using any one of the below channels
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Documents needed for UPESEAT 2020 Application Form:
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- Net banking or credit/debit card details
- Valid email id
- Valid phone number
Eligibility Criteria to for UPES B.Tech Admission 2020
The candidates can check below the eligibility to appear for UPESEAT 2020:
- Minimum 50% marks in 10th & 12th
- Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in 10th & 12th
Eligibility for direct admission in UPES –
– You must have minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
– Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM at the senior secondary level (12th class).
The candidates who have a minimum of 60 percentile marks in JEE Main 2020 also need not appear in UPESEAT 2020. Such candidates, however, must have a minimum of 60% aggregate in PCM.
New UPES B.Tech Admission 2020 Selection Process
- Seat allotment for the respective round shall be declared based on 10+2 / JEE / SAT scores
- Seat allotment process shall be based on merit order and seat availability in the desired program
- In case of the Tie at 10+2 PCM score/percentage for B. Tech program applicants, the weightage shall be given to applicant scoring higher marks in Mathematics followed by Physics and Chemistry (if required)
- In case of the Tie at 10+2 PCB score/percentage for B. Pharma program applicants, the weightage shall be given to applicant scoring higher marks in Biology followed by Physics and Chemistry (if required)
- Students can check their results on results.upes.ac.in.
- Then they have to follow the admission instructions as per offer letter (if shortlisted).
- They need to adhere to the admission process deadline. Offer letter stands null & void if missed the deadline for admission process.
- Refund policy shall be as per the UGC guidelines.
B.Tech Courses offered at UPES
Below is the list of UPESEAT 2020 courses that is offered via UPESEAT 2020:
- B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with specialization In Upstream
- B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with specialization In Gas Stream
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering with specialization In Refining & Petrochemicals
- B.Tech Geo-Science Engineering
- B.Tech Geo-Informatics Engineering
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Automotive Design Engineering
- B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Avionics
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Fire & Safety Engineering
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics
- B.Tech Metallurgy and Material Engineering
UPESEAT 2020 Slot Booking
The UPESEAT 2020 Slot Booking can be done in the online mode at upes.ac.in. The candidates need to login into their registered account using application number and password generated at the time of registration of UPESEAT 2020. Using the slot booking of UPESEAT, candidates are allowed to select their preferred exam date and time.
Main features of the UPESEAT 2020 Slot Booking:
- UPESEAT 2020 shall be held on different days. Therefore the students are allowed to select their preferred slots out of the available dates.
- However, the slot booking is done in a first come first serve basis.
- A slot once completely booked becomes unavailable.
- Students have to book their slots as soon as possible when the slot booking starts to get exam date of their choice
- The students who book their slots get their admit card to appear for the exam
UPESEAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their UPESEAT 2020 admit card online at upes.ac.in, under their respective logins. Note that the admit card must be carried in the printed format on the day of the exam. The admit card is generated after the slot booking. However, it is made available for download a few days after the slot booking process is over.
#1. No soft copy of the admit card is accepted at the exam center. In addition to that, the candidates have to carry a valid photo ID proof in original with the admit card.
#2. The admit card generated after the slot booking remains available until the exam day. The candidates can log in anytime using the login details as received at the time of application form fill up and downlaod the admit card.
#3. Candidates have to be present on the exam day based on the time, venue and date mentioned in the admit card, no matter what slots they have booked during the slot booking.
UPESEAT 2020 Syllabus
There is no specified syllabus of UPESEAT 2020. However, it is recommended that the candidates follow the syllabus of their class 11 and class 12 PCM for preparation and have a sound knowledge of current affairs from the last one year. The topics that the candidates can cover are:
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequencers & Series
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics & Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy & Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Nature and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- Block Elements
- Block Elements (Other Groups)
- D- and -f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
UPESEAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are appearing for UPESEAT 2020 must know the exam pattern so as to prepare accordingly for the admission test. UPESEAT 2020 exam pattern is described below:
- Mode: UPESEAT is computer-based test.
- Question type: It consists of MCQ type questions.
- Total time: The duration of the exam is 03 hours.
- Total questions: 200
- Marking scheme: +1 for correct answer, no negative marking
The distribution of question in each of these sections are as follows:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|English Language Comprehension||30||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20||30|
How to Prepare for UPESEAT 2020
Here are a few tips to prepare for UPESEAT 2020:
Tip #1: Prepare the entire syllabus and leave no topic.
Tip #2: Practice a lot of previous years’ papers and practice mock tests. This will improve your speed and accuracy.
Tip #3: Keep revising every day for at least 2 hours. Dedicate more time to the important topics and topics you are weak in.
Tip #4: maintain a decent speed while solving the paper right from the start. Do not start slow and then rush into the questions.
Tip #5: Complete the entire NCERT and the n solve practice papers
Books to prepare for UPESEAT 2020
You can check below the list of books to prepare for UPESEAT 2020:
|Name of the Book||Buying Link|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||Buy Here|
|Problems In General Physics||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Physics||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances||Buy Here|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions||Buy Here|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry||Buy Here|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||Buy Here|
|General Aptitude Theory and Practice||Buy Here|
|General Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Buy Here|
UPESEAT 2020 Exam Center
UPESEAT is held in the national level with exam centres spread across various states of the nation. UPESEAT 2020 shall be held in the below given cities:
Scholarship Offered at UPES for B.Tech courses
There are 3 types of scholarships offered to the B.Tech candidates, check the same below:
Merit Based Scholarship
- Scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 80% marks in class X & XII & 80% marks in PCM for B.Tech (All Streams) in CBSE/ ICSE / State Examination Board. Such scholarships will be limited to 10% of seats in each B.Tech Program. Scholarships will be allotted for the first Semester in Merit order to eligible candidates.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on merit only.
- Continuation of Scholarship in the subsequent years will be as per the University policy
Scholarship Amount: 50% on Tuition fee of first Semester
Scholarship for Uttarakhand State Board Toppers:
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand resident students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through Uttarakhand Resident category)
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per merit scholarship policy of the University
Scholarship Amount: 25% of tuition fee waiver for Boys and 35% for Girl students in first year
The candidates can check below the special scholarship that are offered to the candidates of B.Tech stream:
|JEE Toppers||Tuition Fee waive off|
|90.01% – 95%||85%|
|85% – 90%||75%|
|Board Merit||Tuition Fee waive off|
|90.01% – 95%||85%|
|85% – 90%||75%|
UPES B.Tech Placements
As per the facts on the website of UPES, about the placements:
- 13400+ Students have been placed till date
- 94% Overall placements till date
- 3400+ Recruiters have recruited till date
The top recruiters include:
- Mahindra Aerospace
- Hindustan Coca Cola
- HDFC Bank
UPES is located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It has 8 schools that offer 142 UG, PG and Doctoral courses. It also provides distance education courses. UPES Admission is based on the national level CBT entrance examination by UPES or via national level entrance exams like JEE Main, CLAT, CAT. Direct admission is also available via the board exam merit.
Awards and Recognition
- The University was awarded the Best Academic-Industry Interface’ by DNA (a leading Indian media house) in 2018
- UPES was awarded the Best Industry-Academia Interface’ at the 12th World Education Summit by Digital Learning & Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd in 201
- Awarded the Best University for Placements and Employability’ by Times Now- National Education Excellence Award 2018
UPESEAT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : UPESEAT is the entrance exam by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES). It is held for admission in the B.Tech courses offered by the University.
Ans : It is held in a computer-based test format.
Ans : Students with a minimum of 60% marks in 10th & 12th can appear in UPESEAT. Also, a separate aggregate of minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in 10th & 12th is mandatory.
Ans : If you have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 and have a minimum percentile score of 60 in JEE Main 2020, then you can skip UPESEAT and are eligible for direct admission in UPES.
Ans : You can apply online by filling the form of UPESEAT on upes.ac.in.
Ans : The official website for UPESEAT 2020 is upes.ac.in.
Ans : The cutoff marks are released after the declaration of the result. Therefore once the exam is over, the university shall release the cutoff marks and the list of the qualified candidates.
Ans : The University has not defined any syllabus for UPESEAT. However, the candidates have to prepare 10+2 level Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. In addition to that, questions will be asked from English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness.
Ans : UPESEAT 2020 shall be held nationwide, in all major cities.
Ans : UPESEAT is held over a period of days and the students can book their preferred exam date to appear for the exam. This facility is called the slot booking process that opens online after the registrations are over.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.