UPSEE 2019 -Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) conducts Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination(UPSEE), also known as UPTU/AKTU. It has recently released UPSEE 2019 exam dates, along with other important dates related to this state level examination. UPTU 2019 shall be conducted for 11 different courses, namely B.Tech, B. Arch, B.Des, B.Pharm,BHMCT, BFAD,BFA,MBA,MBA(Integrated),MCA,MCA (Integrated), etc. The online applications for this exam are invited January 23, 2019, onwards. To know more about UPSEE 2019 including the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, exam date, syllabus, etc. from this page.
This state level entrance exam is open for candidates who are domicile of UP and for those candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located outside UP. As per the newspaper reports, last year, a total of 1,75,597 candidates registered in various courses out of which 1,56,452 appeared in the examination and 1,43,551 qualified against 1,47,833 seats.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Date: Check the UPSEE 2019 dates from the table below.
|UPSEE 2019||Important Dates|
|Application Form for UPSEE 2019 is available from||23 Jan 2019|
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||15 Mar 2019|
|Application form correction will be enabled from||Upto 03 Apr 2019|
|Issuance of UPSEE 2019 Admit Card||15 Apr 2019 till the date of Examination|
|UPSEE 2019 exam date||21 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling||10 June 2019 to 15 July 2019|
|Spot Round Counselling||Last week of July 2019|
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
AKTU provides Eligibility criteria 2019. The interested candidates are advised to go through the following criteria before applying as it has to be compulsorily fulfilled. They may vary for different courses. Candidates must note that the concerned body reserves the right to cancel the admission of the candidates at any point in time if any discrepancy is found. No request for the same will be entertained. Candidates may scroll down to Know educational qualification, domicile and other details of AKTU SEE eligibility criteria.
This Entrance Examination is open to the candidates who pass the qualifying examination from any institution located in U.P. or whose parents are domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions decided by the body. If the candidate passes the qualifying examination from outside U.P., he/she has to produce domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother only) at the time of verification of the document.
There is also a provision for those who pass the qualifying examination from any institution located outside U.P. and whose parents (both Father and Mother) are not domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions that the conducting body decides.
The candidate must himself/ herself ensure his/her fulfilling the eligibility before appearing in the Entrance Examination. If an ineligible candidate appears in the examination he/ she will not have any claim whatsoever, for admission to any course through UPSEE 2019.
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria – For All Programmes
The subject combination required in qualifying the examination (intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent) for admission to first year of different courses will be as follows:
|Course||Subject combinations in the qualifying exam|
|B.Tech. (Agriculture Engg.)||Agricultural discipline.|
|BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/ MBA(Integrated)||Any Discipline|
- For admission to first year of B.Tech./ B.Pharm., candidate must have passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any other recognised Board / University without grace in required each compulsory subjects and one optional subject as given above and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in aggregate in required three subjects.
- For admission to first year of BHMCT/BFAD/BFA, candidate must have passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any other recognised Board / University and securing minimum 45% marks without grace (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate.
- For admission to first year of B. Arch., a candidate must have passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10 + 2 level examination or its equivalent from any other recognised Board / University and securing (i) minimum 50% marks in aggregate and (ii) clearly passed without grace, each compulsory and optional subjects as given above.
- A candidate possessing three years Diploma in Architecture (10+3) recognised by Central / State Govt., is also eligible for admission to first year of B. Arch. provided the candidate has passed the Diploma examination securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate without grace. Such candidates will have to appear in the entrance examination for first year of B. Arch. Paper 4
- For admission to first year of B.Tech.(Agriculture), candidate must have passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any other recognised Board / University in agricultural subjects and secured minimum 45% marks without grace (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate.
- Also all First year B.Tech. Eligible candidates are also eligible for B.Tech. Agriculture.
- All candidates who are eligible for admission in B.Tech. Courses are also eligible for B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) and B.Tech. (Biotechnology).
UPSEE Eligibility for 1st year of MBA/ MCA
- A candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate for admission to first year of MBA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow,
- A candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U. securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate for admission to first year of MCA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, Candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation level.
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor degree course with the eligibility conditions given in following table subject to the confirmation received from the concerned University for admission to first year of MBA/MCA in other Universities of U.P.
UPSEE Eligibility for Second Year (Lateral Entry) of B.Tech. / B.Pharm. / MCA
Note: There is no Direct Admission (Lateral Entry) in second year of B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA courses.
Lateral entry in “B.Tech. for Engg. Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics as one of the subject at XII standard”/ “B.Pharm. for Diploma holders” in third semester (second year)/ “MCA for Graduates of BCA or B.Sc.-Information Technology/Computer Science in third semester (second year)”, is open only in the institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow.
- For admission to Second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology: Candidates who have pass ‘three years Engg. Diploma from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) OR ‘whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh’ and he/she has passed three years Engg. Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognised by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy and Architecture).
- For admission to Second year of Agriculture Engg. Branch only: Candidates who have passed ‘three years Diploma in Agriculture Engg. from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks(40% for SC/ST)’ OR ‘whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of U.P.’ and he/she has passed three years Diploma in Agriculture Engg. with minimum 45% marks(40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P
- For admission to second year in any branch of Engineering/ Technology:Candidates who have passed ‘three years B.Sc. degree and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subject’ from any recognized University; securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in aggregate, are also eligible Candidates who have passed 2/3 years Diploma in Pharmacy from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)’ OR ‘whose parents are domicile of U.P.’ and he/she has passed 2/3 years Diploma in Pharmacy with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P. This provision is applicable only for the second year of B.Pharm. only.
- For Admission to 2nd year of MCA course (Lateral Entry), in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow: A candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of minimum three years duration in BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U. securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate. The candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation level.
UPSEE Eligibility for NRI Quota in First Year
NRI candidates who possess minimum requisite qualification may get direct admission on a particulare seats of total intake in State Funded and Private Institutions of Uttar Pradesh in all courses except MBA/MCA/. However, applicants opting B.Arch. course under this category have to appear in Aptitude Test on the day of counseling to be notified later.
The University may fill the seats of NRI quota seats in the following manner:
(i) NRI quota seats shall be filled from NRIs who
(a) have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from an Institution situated outside India, which is considered equivalent to (10+2) examination by the Association of Indian Universities OR have passed High School Certificate Education (GCE) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Higher Mathematics (A) from London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka.
(b) have appeared in SAT II examination with Mathematics level II C, Physics and Chemistry.
The relative merit of such cases will be decided on their SAT-II score.
(ii) The vacant seats in NRI quota, if any, shall be filled up by such son / daughter / real brother /real sister of NRIs, who have passed intermediate or (10+2) or equivalent examination; with physics, chemistry and mathematics without grace in each of physics, chemistry and mathematics and securing minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in physics, chemistry and mathematics taken together, from an institution situated in India.
(iii) The children of real brother / sisters and son / daughter of NRI may also be considered if the seats remain vacant after admitting the eligible NRI, their son/daughter and real brother/sister. The minimum requisite qualification shall be same as clause (ii).
(iv) The relative merit of candidates mentioned in (ii) and (iii) will be decided based on the total marks obtained by them in physics, chemistry and mathematics. Such candidates need not appear in the UPSEE-2017.
(v) All such candidates MUST submit an NRI certificate obtained from Indian Diplomatic Mission / Chancellery / High Commission under their seal at the time of counselling.
(vi) The candidate MUST also submit sufficient documents clarifying without ambiguity their true relationship with the sponsoring NRI to the satisfaction of the University.
(vii) The candidates will be informed separately about the date of counselling, and number of seats under this quota, and they are required to be present in person on the day of counselling with original documents / certificates, failing which they will loose their claim.
(viii) The latest orders issued by Govt. of U.P. upto the date of NRI counselling shall be applicable for admission in NRI quota.
(ix) The detailed information will be published through Newspapers and websites: https://aktu.ac.in or http://www.upsee.nic.in in the month of May 2017.
UPSEE Eligibility for admission to foreign nationals (FN) / persons of Indian origin (PIO) / children of Indian workers in gulf countries (CIWGC) in first year
FN/PIO/CIWGC seats shall be filled from Foreign Nationals / PIO’s/CIWGC who:
(i) have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, which is considered equivalent to (10+2) examination by the Association of Indian Universities.
(ii) should submit a copy of passport or equivalent evidence support of their Nationality.
The relative merit of such cases will be decided based on their qualifying examination.
The latest orders issued by Govt. of U.P. upto the date of admission will be applicable in FN/PIO/CIWGC.
UPSEE Eligibility for direct admission to first year in private institutions at institute level under Management Quota (For NRI Candidates) / Vacant Seats after counselling
(i) The 15% seats in private institutions shall be filled by the Management/ NRI quota at institute level under management quota as per eligibility criteria. The vacant seats in NRI/Management quota or vacant seats after counselling of UPSEE shall be filled strictly in following preference order, within fifteen days of the last date of counselling:
(1) Firstly, by the qualified candidates of JEE (Main) fulfilling the eligibility for B.Tech. / B.Arch.. Their relative merit will be decided on their rank in respective entrance examinations.
(2) Secondly, by the qualified candidates of UPSEE, who fulfill the eligibility. Their relative merit will be decided on their rank in UPSEE.
(3) Thirdly, by the merit of candidates in qualifying examination as laid down by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi for admission to various programmes which are updated from time to time.
(ii) Institute shall ensure filling of these vacant seats inviting the applications through advertisement in atleast two leading newspapers of the State level and Institute website, giving at least one-week time to submit the applications. Admissions shall be strictly based as mentioned above. However, applicants opting B.Arch. course under this category has to appear in Aptitude Test on the day of counselling to be notified later.
IN ANY CASE, NO PRIVATE INSTITUTION IS ALLOWED TO GIVE ADMISSION IN MORE THAN 25% SEATS TO STUDENTS OF STATE OTHER THAN UTTAR PRADESH.
UPSEE Eligibility for direct admission (Lateral Entry) to second year in private institution under Vacant Seat after counselling
The vacant seats in B. Tech./B.Pharm./MCA course after UPSEE counselling for lateral entry (second year) shall be filled within 15 days of the last date of counseling at institute level, firstly by the qualified candidates of UPSEE, who fulfill the eligibility.
Their relative merit will be decided on their rank in UPSEE.
Thereafter, the vacant seats, if any, will be filled on merit by such candidates who have passed the qualifying examination securing minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST) for B. Tech./B.Pharm. and 50% (45% for SC/ST) for MCA marks in aggregate without any grace marks.
Institute shall ensure the filling of these seats by inviting the applications through advertisement in at least two leading newspapers of state and institute website, and give at least one week time to submit the applications.
If any of the qualifying examination Board/University awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of mark on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board/ University specifying equivalent marks and submit it at the time of document verification. In case, such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, the decision of the Central Admission Board (CAB) regarding his / her eligibility shall be final.
ADMISSION TO FOREIGN NATIONALS (FN) / PERSONS OF INDIAN ORIGIN (PIO) / CHILDREN OF INDIAN WORKERS IN GULF COUNTRIES (CIWGC)
Under the approval of AICTE, identified institutions shall admit FN/PIO/CIWGC up to the extent sanctioned by AICTE as per the eligibility criteria and guidelines of the University. These supernumerary seats shall be exclusively meant for the FN/PIO/CIWGC students in undergraduate courses with the condition that under no circumstances a seat remained unfilled shall be allocated to candidates other than a FN/PIO/CIWGC. The candidates, opting for admission under this scheme, need not appear in UPSEE.
UPSEE 2019 Application Form
The candidates will be able to register for the entrance exam through online mode only. The exam conducting body shall not provide a printed application form to the candidates. To apply for UPSEE 2019, the aspirants need to register first and then proceed to submit the application form. At the time of the registration, you should provide your own valid Email id and Mobile Number. In the UPSEE 2019 Application Form, the aspirants need to fill in their Personal details, educational qualification details, etc.
Also, you may have to upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, caste certificate, etc at the time of filling in details in the UPSEE Application Form. To submit the form, you need to pay the requisite amount of the registration fee. After the payment is done, it is advised to the candidates to take a print of the application form for future reference.
Application Fees for UPSEE 2019
From the past year’s information, it has been observed that there has always been a change in the application fee, more precisely, there is an increase in the registration fee. Hence for UPSEE 2019, it can be said that the application fee shall change. Check the expected application fee for UPSEE 2019 from the table below. The examination fee is payable by Online mode.
|Category||Expected Application Fee|
|General & OBC (Male/Transgender candidates)||Rs. 1400/-|
|Female/ Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories/ SC/ST candidates||Rs. 700./-|
UPSEE 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards will be issued once the procedure of application form is completed. The candidates who fill the complete form will be issued admit cards as per the scheduled dates. The admit card will display the name of the candidate, his/her hall/ticket number, the category to which the candidate belongs and the details of the test centre. The candidates will have to make sure that the details filled are correct and there are no mistakes in it. If found the Institute should be contacted urgently. Also No request for the change in test centre will be entertained by the conducting body. The candidates will have to take a print out of it by providing the roll number. It should be done within the stipulated time lest the candidate should not be able to take the exam.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Following are the details of the exam pattern to give candidates an idea about the pattern of the exam. It will help students determine how they should prepare. Candidates can scroll down to have a look at it.
- Paper 1, 2, 3, and 4: It shall be pen and paper-based test.
- Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11: It shall be a computer-based test.
- Marking Scheme: 04 marks will be allotted for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking; There is a provision of negative marking for any incorrect answer.
|Name of Paper||Course Name||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||B. Tech. / B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) / B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 2||B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of May 2019|
|Paper 3||B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)||AG I||50||600|
|Paper 4||B. Arch.||Mathematics||50||500|
|Paper 5||BHMCT / BFAD/BFA||General Awareness Aptitude Test (BHMCT, BFAD, BFA)||75||300|
|Paper 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) /||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 7||B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)||Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 9||MBA||MBA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|Paper 10||MCA||MCA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|Paper 11||Lateral Entry: 2nd Year MCA||2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||100||400|
The candidate may have a look at the following germane information:
- The exam will be conducted online in different states in various slots.
- The candidates will have to reach the allotted test centre at least 30 minutes before the exam centre.
- Possession of No objectionable items will be accepted.
- Hall ticket and Identity proof (for identification) will be required to enter the test center.
UPSEE 2019 Syllabus
After that you have checked the exam pattern and marking scheme of the entrance examination, the next most important part of the preparation is to know the syllabus of the test. The UPSEE 2019 syllabus will comprise of the important topics which one need to prepare for the entrance exam. The syllabus for UPSEE 2019 is not yet available and will be published in the information brochure. However, until then the candidates can refer to the previous year information for their preparation.
- Click Here to open the above pdf in a new window
UPSEE 2019 Test Centers
The UPSEE 2019 will be held in various cities all across the country. Candidates applying for the examination will have to choose three cities at the time of application form submission. However they will be allotted the same subject to the availability of slots in a particular centre / on a particular date. Therefore it is advised that the candidate should fill the form as early as possible. While every effort will be made to allot a centre in the Test City opted by the candidate, the University will reserve its right to allot a centre other than that of the candidate’s choice.
Following are the list of test Centers:
Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based Tests.
These tests will be held in various cities given in table I
Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11 are Computer based Tests
It will be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-II.
Note: Candidates must be very careful when choosing the cities for the examination. Candidates are advised to choose cities of examination on the basis of the paper he/she has opted from the respective tables i.e Examination City Table-I and/or Examination City Table-II.
If any candidate chooses cities of examination where the examination for the paper opted is not being conducted, the candidate will be allotted an examination city from the respective list. NO changes will be made once the test centers have been allotted.
UPSEE 2019 Answer Key
After the exam is over, AKTU releases the Answer Key for UPSEE 2019 at its official website. The candidates should download the UPSEE 2019 Answer Key to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score, With the help of the Answer Key, the candidates can estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance examination. The calculation of marks has to be done as per the marking scheme given by the exam conducting body.
After the release of the Provisional Answer Key, the candidates shall also get an opportunity to submit the objection in the UPSEE 2019 Answer Key. On the basis of the objection submitted by the candidate, a final answer key will then be published.
UPSEE 2019 Result
The result of the exam will be arrived at once the examination is conducted successfully. The marks will be calculated as per the marking scheme. The conducting body provides the facility of scrutinising the answer sheet. within seven days of declaration of result. The result will decide whether the student will be able to get admission in the desired course or not. The ones who clear the result will be called for further procedure. It includes counselling and document verification. Based on performance of the candidates in UPSEE-2019, separate merit lists will be prepared for each course. Merit position, score-card with total marks and marks obtained in each subject shall be available on website after the declaration of the result.
UPSEE 2019 Counselling
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam and makes it through the merit list will be eligible to participate in UPSEE 2019 Counselling. The successful candidate shall be intimidated by the counseling schedule through Newspaper and website. However, the allotment of seat shall depend on the availability of the seats on the day of counseling. The candidates will have to be physically present at the scheduled time and date along with all the relevant documents. No request regarding the same will be entertained.
Toll-free Number: 1800-180-0161
E-Mail: [email protected]
For more details on UPSEE download last year’s Information Brochure.
Official Website: www,upsee,nic.in