VBRET (Visva Bharti Research Eligibility Test) 2020 – Visva Bharati Santiniketan University has released the notification for admission in courses like M.Phil /Ph.D./ Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D Programmes for the academic year 2020-21. Interested candidates can fill the VBRET 2020 application form by visiting the official website, vbu.ucanapply.com. The selection of the candidates for Ph.D course will be based on an entrance test in which candidates are required to obtain the qualifying marks followed by an interview/viva-voce round. After the above process, a list of qualifying candidates will be published. Candidates can check the complete information of VBRET 2020 through this page below.
Latest: Visva Bharati University Admission Application Form for 2020 – 2021 session has been released.
Candidates seeking admission in M.Phil /Ph.D./ Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D programmes have to fill the application form in online mode. International applicants seeking admission to the M Phil /Ph.D./ Integrated M Phil-PhD Programmes shall be exempted from Admission test. To know the important dates of VBRET 2020 candidates can check the table given below.
|Availability of online Application form||10 Aug 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application form||15 Sep 2020|
|Ph.D (RET) Entrance Examination||To be announced!|
|Viva-Voce for Eligible Candidates (NET/ SET/ SLET/ RET qualified) for admission to Ph.D Course||To be announced!|
VBRET 2020 Application Form
In order to take admission, candidates will have to fill the Application form for M.Phil And PH.D. Programme, Application form of VBRET 2020 has to be filled online through the University website (visva-bharati.ac.in). In the application form, candidates will have to provide all the information like personal details name, gender, DOB, contact details and academic qualifications. Candidates are advised to fill the course details and other necessary information carefully. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
Candidates are advised to keep the following things ready before applying:
- Email id (Valid)
- Mobile no (Valid, personal)
- Scanned photograph (Less than 100KB)
- Scanned signature (Less than 100KB)
- Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card (if available)
Application Fee: To complete the application process, candidates will also have to do the fee payment before the last date to avoid the rejection of form.
|Category||For the first subject||For each additional subject|
|General, OBC & EWS||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 400/-|
|SC, ST & PwD||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 150/-|
The application fee in case of an Online application may be paid by any one of the following ways:
- A candidate may do the fee payment through Online using any of the Online payment methods of Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash Card, Payment through mobiles (A nominal TDR charge would be applicable). Candidates shall get INSTANT confirmation of their payments and submissions when he/she pays via online mode.
- If in case a candidate is unable to pay the application fee through online mode then it can be done by challan.
Note: Incomplete application form are liable to be summarily rejected/canceled. The Rights of cancellation or admission is in the hands of Admission Committee of the Bhavanas / concerned Vibhaga (Institute). The University reserves the right to restrict the number of qualified candidates for admission test/interview.
VBRET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to take admission are required to meet the eligibility criteria and then proceed to fill the application form of VBRET 2020.
- Candidates must possess a Master’s degree or a professional degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
- Applicants who are belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories shall get a relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade as per the decision of the Conducting body. Candidates who are differently abled and belonging to either of the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) shall not be eligible for the double benefit of being a reserved category candidate.
- Aspirants who have qualified the M. Phil. coursework by securing minimum 55% marks in aggregate and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to d apply for admission to the Ph.D. Degree as per norm.
- Candidates who have obtained a degree equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution or a Foreign Educational Institution is also eligible to apply in Ph.D. courses.
In addition to the above-listed pointers, a candidate is also required to fulfill any one of the pointers given below:
- A candidate should have cleared any one of the following examinations: UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship. OR
- An applicant must have Obtained an M. Phil. degree of Visva-Bharati or any other University recognized by the UGC.
- Candidates whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva-voce is pending, may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University.
- Those candidates who are unable to fulfill the conditions mentioned above are required to clear the M. Phil and Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by the concerned Department.
VBRET 2020 Exam Pattern
It is advised that candidates should go through the exam pattern thoroughly as it will help them in the preparation of the exam. An Entrance Test which is to be qualified with qualifying marks of 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% will be subject specific.
VBRET 2020 Selection Process
The applicants shall be admitted to the University by a two-stage process. The candidates will be selected on the basis of examination followed by an interview round.
- Candidates will have to obtain the qualifying marks in order to clear the examination. Candidates will have to score 50% to clear the exam. The syllabus of the Entrance exam shall be comprised of 50% of the research methodology and 50% from the subject specific.
- After that, candidates will have to take interview/viva-voce which is compulsory for all the candidates. It will be organized by the department center when the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before the Departmental Research Committee.
The following pointers shall be considered for the round of interview/viva -voce:
- The applicant possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Department/Centre;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
VBRET 2020 Declaration of the list of Eligible Candidates
The list of eligible candidates will be released by the Department/Centre of Bhavana/Vibhaga (Institute) on the Notice Board of the Department/ Centre and in the University website at least seven days prior to the examination date/Interview.
Official website: vbu.ucanapply.com
For more details about VBRET Admissions 2020, Download Information Brochure.