|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
VBRET 2017 – Visva Bharati Santiniketan University has released notification for admission into various courses like M.Phil / Ph.D / Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D Programes for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates can check the complete information of VBRET 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
VBRET M Phil / Ph.D / Integrated M Phil-PhD Programmes Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in M.Phil / Ph.D / Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D programmes have to fill the downloaded application form. International applicants seeking admission to the M Phil / Ph.D / Integrated M Phil-PhD Programmes shall be exempted from Admission test. Candidates can check all the information of VBRET 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, reservation of seats, etc on this page below.
Schedule for the VBRET 2017 is given below.
|Last date for submission of Application form||16 Jun 2017|
VBRET 2017 Application Form
Keep the following items in your hand before applying :
- Email id
- Mobile no
- Scanned photograph (Less than 100KB)
- Scanned signature (Less than 100KB)
- Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card if available
Application form can be filled online through the University website (www.visva-bharati.ac.in) or from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
|Category||For first subject||For each additional subject|
|For General & OBC Candidates||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|For SC, ST & PwD candidates||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 75/-|
The application fee in case of an Online application may be paid by any one of the following ways:
- Candidate can make the payment Online using any of the Online payment methods of Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash Card, Payment through mobiles (A nominal TDR charge would be applicable). Candidates would get INSTANT confirmation of their payments and submissions when they pay through Online payment methods as listed.
- In case a candidate does not have access to an Online payment method he or she can deposit the required amount at the different HDFC branches using a Bank Challan generated Online : Details of the Bank will be printed in the Challan.
Incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected. Rights of cancellation or admission lie with the Admission Committee of the Bhavanas / Vibhaga (Institute) concerned. The University reserves the right to restrict the number of eligible applicants to be called for admission test/interview.
- Applicants for admission to the M. Phil. and Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures. However, a Differently-abled applicant belonging to either of the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)) shall not get the double benefit of being SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) as well as Differently-abled in the above relaxations.
- Applicants who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree.
- Applicants possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, or a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- International applicants seeking admission to the M. Phil. and Ph.D. Programme shall be exempted from Admission test.
In addition to the above, an applicant must also fulfil any one of the following conditions:
- Qualified in any of the following examinations: UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGCCSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship.
- Obtained an M. Phil. degree of Visva-Bharati or any other university recognized by the UGC that also follows the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for awards of M. Phil. and Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2016 and regulations of VisvaBharati.
- An applicant who’s M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva-voce is pending, may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University.
- Candidates who have not fulfilled any of the condition mentioned above will have to qualify in the M. Phil and Ph.D. Entrance Test to be conducted by the concerned Department.
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats for OBC, SC, ST and Differently abled candidates will be made as per the rules of the Government of India, UGC and Visva-Bharati guidelines.
Pattern of Examination of Ph.D & M.Phil Entrance Test
Marks distribution pattern of Theory examination for Ph.D and M.Phil Entrance Test
|50 (Reseach Methodology)||20 short notes
30 questions for analytical answers
|50 (Subject specific)||20 short notes
30 questions for analytical answers
The University shall admit applicants by a two stage process through:
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks being 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific
- An interview/viva-voce, which is mandatory for all applicants, to be organized by the department/centre when the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before the Departmental Research Committee.
The interview/viva -voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz., whether:
- The applicant possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Department/Centre;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Declaration of list of eligible Candidates
The Department/Centre of Bhavana/Vibhaga (Institute) will publish the list of eligible candidates on the Notice Board of the Department/ Centre and in the University website at least seven days before the date of examination/ interview.
For more details – Download Information Brochure.