Visva Bharati 2018 Result – Visva Bharati Santiniketan publishes various admission/entrance exam results. Visva Bharati Merit List 2018 shall display name, gender, roll number, marks, category, remarks. In addition it shows the total seats in that courses for which the merit list is applicable.
Result and merit list publish one after another for UG and PG which the university offers. The results release online at website visvabharati.ac.in.
Visva Bharati 2018 Result
The results can be checked by clicking on the links that will be provided on this page. Merit lists will be available in PDF file format. Candidates can check result and download merit lists also. In order to get complete information of Visva Bharati University Result 2018, read the following article.
|June – Aug||All results will be available when admission session starts|
Download here: Result of Visva Bharati Santiniketan 2018 will be available at visvabharati.ac.in.
How to check the Result?
Candidates can check their result by following the simple instructions given below:
- Click on the link that will be provided on this page to check the result.
- The result will be available in pdf format
- Download the file and you may take print out of the result.
Visva Bharati University 2018 Merit List
For Undergraduate Programs
- For the purpose of determining merit for UG programs, Visva Bharati will use class 12 or equivalent examination marks.
- Moreover, the marks that will determine merit will only be the marks of best four subjects in which the candidate is willing to study honors.
- However, for some UG programs, there will be admission tests or entrance exams. In those cases the merit list will be on basis of entrance exam.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of more than one candidate obtaining equal rank in the merit list, the decision on inter-se merit will be on the following:
- The candidate securing higher marks in which the candidates are willing to take honours in the previous public examination conducted by a recognized Board / Council/ University / authority
- The candidate securing higher aggregate marks at 10+2 level in the previous public examination conducted by a recognized Board / Council/ University / authority
- If the tie still exists, the candidate securing higher marks in English subject in the previous public examination conducted by a recognized Board / Council/ University / authority will be ranked higher,
- If the tie still persists, the candidate older in age will be given preference over younger candidate.
Admission to M.A. courses through admission tests
The merit list for admission to M.A course will be prepared on the following basis:
- Percentage of aggregate marks secured in B.A. (Hons.) examinations, out of 100.
- The qualifying marks to be obtained by the candidate in admission test shall be 30% for general candidates and 27% for OBC candidates. The qualifying marks in the admission test criteria may not be applicable in case of SC/ST candidates.
Admission to M.Sc. courses
The merit list for admission to M.Sc course through admission test will be prepared on the basis of following:
M.Sc. Courses in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany and Environmental Sciences:
- Marks secured in the written admission test out of 100
- The qualifying marks to be obtained by the candidate in entrance exam shall be 30% for general candidates and 27% for OBC candidates. The qualifying marks in the admission test criteria may not be applicable in case of SC/ST candidates.
M.Sc. in Biotechnology Course:
- Admission will be on the basis of Combined Entrance Examination, 2018 conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University
Five-Year Integrated M.Sc. (Chemistry/Earth and Environmental Science/Life Science/ Mathematics/Physics:
- Admission will be on the basis of merit list of NEST 2018.
Courses Offered at Visva Bharti University
The University admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. The name of the various courses offered at the university is provided below:
- Ph. D. / D.Litt. / D. Sc Courses
- Master degree Courses
- M.Sc. (Ag)
- Bachelor degree Courses