VIT Law School offers admission in 5-year Integrated BA LLB (Hons) and BBA LLB (Hons) programme at Chennai Campus for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates can apply for said courses as per the scheduled date. Candidates can check the complete information of VIT Law School Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria, and other courses through this page below.
VIT Law School Admission 2018
The candidate desirous to seek admission in BA LLB (H) & BBA LLB (H) 5 year integrated programme can apply online from the official website. Those who fill their application as per schedule which is given below as per official notification will be eligible to appear in the entrance examination. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit.
Schedule for VIT Law School Admission 2018 is given below.
|Issue of Application form||04 Apr 2018|
|Last date of submission of application||18 Jun 2018|
|Publication of shortlisted candidates in website||20 Jun 2018|
|Tentative date for Interview||27 Jun 2018|
|Last Date for payment of fees||05 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of classes for all Programmes.||12 Jul 2018|
VIT Law School 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the Net banking /Credit card/Debit card for above courses as per the scheduled date. Those who apply online from the official website will have to pay the application fee is Rs. 700/-. The amount is non-refundable. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before going online application. The direct link for apply online is given below.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply online for VIT Law School 2018 admissions.
Steps to Fill the Application Form
Stage 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- A password will be sent from VIT to your registered mobile no. and email id.
- All the communications will be sent to your registered email id and mobile no. Request for change of mobile no. & e-mail id will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Stage 2: Confirmation of password
- Login to registered users with the email id and password received from VIT.
Stage 3: Filling Online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
- Refer your application no. for all your future correspondence.
Stage 4: Mode of payment
- Online mode through Netbanking / Credit / Debit card. Application Cost Rs. 700 (including service tax)
Stage 5: Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: Size should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM.
- Signature Image: Size should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM.
- Selfie photo is not allowed.
Stage 6: Payment transaction queries
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try a new application. Please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
Enclosures to be submitted with the filled in Application Form
- Age proof Certificate / X marks sheet Copy
- XII mark sheet
- CLAT / LSAT/ ANY other valid Scorecard
- Community Certificate (only for SC/ST candidates)
- Nativity Certificate (only for candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and Northeastern states)
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have studied regular full time and formal education in the preceding two years in schools located in India.
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
- The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
- Score Card: The candidate should have appeared for CLAT/ LSAT/ Any other widely recognized Law test and should have secured an impressive score in each component of the test.
Selection is based on merit. Marks secured in higher secondary school examination, Law Score and the performance in group discussion & personal interview are taken into account. Weightage will be given for candidates who have good scores in National level Law Entrance Examination.
The result of VIT Law School Admission test 2018 will be released after the completion of examination. The list of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI will be released on the official website or direct link to download the result will be provided below.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Copy of class X Board Certificate or any other age proof certificate.
- Marks Sheet of Qualifying Examination of all attempts Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern States
- Transfer / School Leaving Certificate
- Score Card of CLAT / LSAT / Any other Law test
- Photocopy of Admission letter and advance fee
- 4 set of Recent passport size colour photographs
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form (to be issued by the Institute at the time of admission)
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student.
- Parent & Hostel affidavit on Rs.20/- Stamp Paper. (Format available in www.vit.ac.in)
- Physical Fitness Certificate (Format available in www.vit.ac.in)
- 2 set of photocopies of all original documents.
Group Discussion / Personal Interview
The selected candidates will be called for the GD/PI round. They need to produce the documents with application form in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies and a DEMAND DRAFT for Rs.12,000/- drawn in favour of “VIT”, payable at Vellore while reporting for the GD/PI. This includes counselling fee Rs.6,000/-(Plus 18% GST). Counselling fee is NON- REFUNDABLE. It will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the Institute.
B.A., LL.B (Hons.): VIT School of Law offers 5 years integrated B.A., LLB(Hons.) programme wherein subjects that fall under the domain of Arts and Law will be taught to the students. The curriculum of the Arts subjects such as Economics, Sociology and Political Science has been designed to have maximum interaction with a law which would guide the students in the application of the law in the real world. A number of Honours courses have also been offered so that the student can choose his/her option and expand their knowledge on the subject.
BBA., LL.B (Hons.): VIT School of Law offers BBA., LLB(Hons.), which is a 5-year Integrated programme. More than 30 credits on Business Management are offered as part of the course. Students who aspire to join the corporate world after graduation will have a better understanding of the corporate structure, its Management, and other features. Subjects such as Principles of Management. Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Managerial Economics that provide immense knowledge about Business Management are offered in this programme. The curriculum has been framed to achieve maximum, integration with the law subjects. Honours courses are offered in BBA., LLB(Hons.) as well so that the students can choose their branch to expand their knowledge and expertise on that subject.
|Particulars||FEE IN INR|
|Tuition Fees (per annum)||1,62000|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable) (One time payment)||1,000|
|Total Fees to be paid for the first year||1,63000|
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in.
For more details of PHFI PG Diploma 2018-19 – Download Information Brochure.