VIT Law School offers admission in 5-year Integrated BA LLB (Hons) and BBA LLB (Hons) programme at Chennai Campus for the academic year 2019-20. The application form has been released. Candidates can apply for B.A. LL.B (Hons.) & BBA. LL.B (Hons.) from the given link on this page. Candidates can check the complete information of VIT Law School Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria, and other courses through this page below.
VIT Law School Admission 2019
The candidate desirous to seek admission in BA LLB (H) & BBA LLB (H) 5-year integrated programme can apply online from the official website. Those who fill their application before the last date will be later called for the counselling process. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit.
Schedule for VIT Law School Admission 2019 is given below.
|Issue of the Application form (online)||05 Apr 2019|
|Last date of submission of application||15 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of Application with enclosures||17 Jun 2019|
|Publication of shortlisted candidates||20 Jun 2019|
|Group Discussion/Personal Interview||26 Jun 2019|
|Last Date for payment of fees||03 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of classes for all Programmes.||15 Jul 2019|
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have studied regular full time and formal education
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
- The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Score Card: The candidate should have appeared for CLAT/ LSAT/ Any other widely recognized Law test and should have secured an impressive score in each component of the test.
VIT Law School 2019 Application Form
Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the Net banking /Credit card/Debit card for above courses as per the scheduled date. Those who apply online from the official website will have to pay the application fee of Rs.850. The amount is non-refundable. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before going online application.
Application Form: Click here to apply for the VIT Law School Admission 2019-2020.
Steps to Fill the Application Form
Stage 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- A password will be sent from VIT to your registered mobile no. and email id.
- All the communications will be sent to your registered email id and mobile no. Request for change of mobile no. & e-mail id will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Stage 2: Confirmation of password
- Login to registered users with the email id and password received from VIT.
Stage 3: Filling Online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
- Refer your application no. for all your future correspondence.
Stage 4: Mode of payment
- Online mode through Net banking / Credit / Debit card. Application Cost Rs. 850 (including service tax)
Stage 5: Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: Size should be between 10 KB and 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
- Signature Image: Size should be between 10 KB and 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- Selfie photo is not allowed.
Stage 6: Payment transaction queries
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try a new application. Please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
Enclosures to be submitted with the filled in Application Form
Enclose the required documents along with the application form and send the hardcopy to the address of Director-UG Admissions, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu
- Age proof Certificate / X marks sheet Copy
- XII mark sheet
- CLAT / LSAT/ ANY other valid Scorecard
- Community Certificate (only for SC/ST candidates)
- Nativity Certificate (only for candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura)
- The Selection is based on the merit.
- Merit shortlist based on the Marks secured in Higher secondary school examination and eligible CLAT / LSAT score.
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counselling.
- The fact that a candidate has qualified and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission. This depends upon the performance in the Group Discussion / Personal Interview and the availability of seats
- The selection list will be declared after the Group Discussion / Personal Interview at the time of the counselling
The result of VIT Law School Admission test 2019 will be released after the completion of examination. The list of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI will be released on the official website or direct link to download the result will be provided below.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Copy of class X Board Certificate or any other age proof certificate.
- Marks Sheet of Qualifying Examination of all attempts Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern States
- Transfer / School Leaving Certificate
- Score Card of CLAT / LSAT / Any other Law test
- Photocopy of Admission letter and advance fee
- 4 set of Recent passport size colour photographs
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form (to be issued by the Institute at the time of admission)
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student.
- Parent & Hostel affidavit on Rs.20/- Stamp Paper. (Format available in www.vit.ac.in)
- Physical Fitness Certificate (Format available in www.vit.ac.in)
- Student Profile
- Two photocopies of all original documents (except Affidavits & Physical Fitness Certificate and Student Profile) All the above mentioned documents shall be handed over to the Admissions Office at the time of admission failing which the provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled.
- The candidates qualified for counselling based on the merit list, should attend the counselling as per the schedule
- The candidate should produce the documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies and a Demand Draft in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology” payable at Vellore while reporting for the counselling
- The Counselling fee is non-refundable. It will be adjusted in the Tuition fees once the candidate joins the Institute
- Only after verification of documents, the candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process. Authentic records pertaining to identification, age, marksheet of the qualifying examination and the state of eligibility will be checked. If a candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she will not be considered for admission
- Based on the Marks secured in CLAT/LSAT score with XII performance, the candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion & Personal Interview
- The provisional admission will stand cancelled, in case if the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility as per norms
B.A., LL.B (Hons.): VIT School of Law offers 5 years integrated B.A., LLB(Hons.) programme wherein subjects that fall under the domain of Arts and Law will be taught to the students. The curriculum of the Arts subjects such as Economics, Sociology and Political Science has been designed to have maximum interaction with a law which would guide the students in the application of the law in the real world. A number of Honours courses have also been offered so that the student can choose his/her option and expand their knowledge on the subject.
BBA., LL.B (Hons.): VIT School of Law offers BBA., LLB(Hons.), which is a 5-year Integrated programme. More than 30 credits on Business Management are offered as part of the course. Students who aspire to join the corporate world after graduation will have a better understanding of the corporate structure, its Management, and other features. Subjects such as Principles of Management. Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Managerial Economics that provide immense knowledge about Business Management are offered in this programme. The curriculum has been framed to achieve maximum, integration with the law subjects. Honours courses are offered in BBA., LLB(Hons.) as well so that the students can choose their branch to expand their knowledge and expertise on that subject.
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in.
For more details of VIT LAW School Admission 2019-20, check Information Brochure