VIT M.Sc Admission 2020 – VIT University has released the application form for M.Sc courses at its official website, vit.ac.in. There is no entrance exam for the students who want to take admission in M.Sc at VIT. The admission is done as per the performance of the candidates in the B.Sc qualifying examination. The result has been out for M.Sc Admission. After filling the application form, candidates are required to appear for the interview/counseling. Check more information about VIT M.Sc. admission 2020 such as its application process, eligibility criteria, fee structure from this page.
Latest: The result for VIT M.Sc Admission 2020 is out now. Scroll down to check the same.
VIT M.Sc. Admission 2020
It is necessary to upload the documents while filling the application form. For more information about VIT M.Sc Admission 2020, check the table given below.
Schedule for VIT M.Sc Admission 2020 is given below.
|Last date to apply online and receipt of application|
20 Jun 2020
|Last date to upload documents|
20 Jun 2020
|Publishing of shortlisted candidates list|
29 Jun 2020
|Tentative Date of Counselling|
|Last date for payment of balance fees|
|Commencement of classes|
Check Result: Click here to check VIT M.Sc Admission 2020 Result.
VIT M.Sc 2020 Counselling
After the announcement of result, candidates are required to appear for counselling at the designated counselling centres. At the time of counselling, allotment of seats is done. Check the key points for VIT M.Sc. Counselling.
- It is mandatory to bring Rs. 12,000/- as Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, Payable at Vellore.
- This includes counselling fee Rs.7080/- (which is Non-Refundable) and Rs. 4920/- an advance fee which will be refunded on cancellation of admission.
- Applicants without the DD for the said amount will not be permitted to attend the counselling/interview.
- Allotment of the seat for a programme and campus once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- If the applicant fails to qualify in the prescribed qualifying examination, the provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled and the fee remitted will be forfeited.
Following are the documents that have to be taken during counselling:
- Migration / Transfer / College leaving certificate
- Class X, XII Board CerƟficate as a proof of date of birth
- Mark Sheets of Qualifying ExaminaƟon of all attempts (please ensure that you also enclose the reverse side of the marks sheet containing details.)
- Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories)
- Nativity Certificate (Only for the North Eastern States)
- Provisional Certificate / Degree Certificate (If available)
VIT M.Sc Application Form 2020
Application form for VIT M.Sc has released in the online mode at vit.ac.in. The process to apply is given below. Make sure the documents are ready before filling the application form.
Apply here: Click here to apply online for VIT M.Sc Admission 2020.
Process to apply
Step 1: Go to the official website, vit.ac.in.
Step 2: Then, go to the new applicant page and register by providing information like e-mail id and select the programme.
Step 3: Login by entering the credentials and fill the application form.
Step 4: Enter the necessary details like personal details, contact details, academic qualification details.
Step 5: Upload the documents such as scanned image of the photograph and signature in the application form.
Step 6: Pay the application fee and take a printout of the application form.
Application fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs. 600. The application fee is non-refundable for any reason.
Programmes Offered Under VIT M.Sc Admission 2020
The candidates can apply for one of the following given courses.
For Vellore Campus:
- M.Sc. Applied Microbiology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Data Science
- M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Business Statistics
For Chennai Campus:
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Data Science
- M.Sc. Physics
VIT M.Sc. Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: The applicants for admission should be a Resident Indian National even Foreigners are allowed and should have studied in regular, full time and formal education colleges located in India and Abroad also in the preceding three years.
Programs Specific Eligibility Criteria
M.Sc. Applied Microbiology, M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics & M.Sc. Biotechnology
B.Sc. degree from a recognized university in any branch of Biological Science that includes Botany / Zoology, Microbiology / Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Nutrition (or) Home Science / Agricultural Science / Medicine with 60% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects).
M.Sc. Data Science
The candidates must have done graduation in mathematics / computer science / business / commerce with 60% marks and must have studies mathematics at 10+2 and degree level.
M.Sc. Chemistry (with specialization in Analytical / Inorganic / Organic / Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ General Chemistry)
B.Sc. degree in either Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Applied Science from any recognized university with Physics or Mathematics / B. Pharm (or) Biology/ Botany/Zoology as ancillary subjects with 60% marks.
B.Sc. degree from any recognized university with Physics / Applied Sciences with 60% marks
M.Sc. Business Statistics
Under graduation in MathemaƟcs / Statistics / Computer Science / Business / Commerce / Economics / Engineering with 60% marks and should have studied Mathematics as one of the
a subject in +2 and degree level.
VIT M.Sc 2020 Admission Procedure
Check the admisison procedure for VIT M.Sc given below.
- Follow the notification and fill the application form
- Admission is done on the basis of the performance in qualifying examination.
- After qualifying the exam, the candidates are required to appear for counselling and interview.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- If not given already [(A) Required Documents], at the time of counselling, a set of photocopies must be submitted).
- Migration / Transfer / College Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Conduct Certificate (Original)
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter
- 4 no’s of recent passport size colour photographs
- Affidavit – Student and Parents
- Student Profile
- Physical Fitness
- Balance Fees to be submitted in the mode of Demand Draft (Original) / online payment
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form issued by the Insitute at the time of admission to be submitted on originals to the Admissions Office.
VIT M.Sc 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for VIT M.Sc admissions given below. The fee is as per the information of the last year.
|M.Sc. Applied Microbiology||Rs 80,000|
|M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics (Optional specialization in Genetic Counseling)||Rs 80,000|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||Rs 1,10,000|
|M.Sc. Data Science||Rs 80,000|
|M.Sc. Chemistry||Rs 60,000|
|M.Sc. Physics||Rs 60,000|
|M.Sc. Business Statistics||Rs. 80,000|
Official Website: vit.ac.in.
For more details regarding VIT M.Sc Admission 2020, Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.