VIT University has released the notification for admission to M.Sc courses. Applications must be submitted online. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their applications, based on the Under Graduate performance, will be called for interview. Details of Application including Eligibility and Admission Process are given here.
VIT M.Sc. Admission 2019
VIT University has released the dates for the online application form process for admission to various M.Sc programmes. Candidates who are seeking admission to M.Sc programmes should fill and submit the application before the last date. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other related details before submitting the form.
Schedule for VIT M.Sc Admission 2019 is given below.
|Last date to apply online and receipt of application||17 May 2019|
|Last date to edit application form||17 May 2019|
|Last date to receive filled application with enclosures||24 May 2019|
|Publication of shortlisted candidates||31 May 2019|
|Tentative Date of Counselling||14 Jun 2019|
|Last date for payment of balance fees||03 Jul 2019|
|Orientation Program||08 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of classes||15 Jul 2019|
- M.Sc. Applied Microbiology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Data Science
- M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics
- M.Sc. Chemistry (with specialization in Analytical or Inorganic or Organic or General Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M.Sc. Physics
VIT M.Sc Application Form 2019
Application form process for VIT M.Sc Admission 2019 will be started from May 17, 2019. Eligible & interested candidates can able to apply online for VIT M.Sc Application Form 2019 through the direct link, which is given below.
Application fee is Rs. 600/-.
How to Fill Online Application Form
Stage 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- A password will be sent from VIT to your registered mobile no. and email id.
Stage 2: Confirmation of password
- Login to registered users with the email id and password received from VIT.
Stage 3: Filling Online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
- Refer your application no. for all your future correspondence.
Stage 4: Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: Size should be between 10KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM.
- Signature Image: Size should be between 10KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM.
- Selfie photo is not allowed.
- Enclose the required documents along with the application form and send the hardcopies to the address ofDirector-PG Admissions,
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, India.
Stage 5: Mode of payment
- Pay the application fee Rs.600/- through online mode using netbanking/Debit card / Credit card/Paytm mode.
Stage 6: Payment transaction queries
- At the time of transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try new application. Please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
Important Note: It is mandatory to send the hard copy of the application form along with supporting documents.
VIT M.Sc. Admission Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: The applicants for admission should be a Resident Indian National even Foreigners are allowed and should have studied in regular, full time and formal education colleges located in India and Abroad also in the preceding three years.
Programs Specific Eligibility Criteria
|M.Sc. Applied Microbiology||B.Sc. degree from a recognized university in any branch of Biological Science that includes Botany / Zoology, Microbiology / Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Nutrition (or) Home Science / Agricultural Science / Medicine with an 50% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects).|
|M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics||B.Sc. degree from a recognized university in any branch of Biological Science that includes Botany / Zoology, Microbiology / Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Nutrition (or) Home Science / Agricultural Science / Medicine with an 50% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects)|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||B.Sc. degree from a recognized university in any branch of Biological Science that includes Botany / Zoology, Microbiology / Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Nutrition (or) Home Science / Agricultural Science / Medicine with an 50% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects)|
|M.Sc. Data Science||Under graduation in Mathematics/Computer Science/ Business/ Commerce with an 50% of marks and should have studied Mathematics as one of the subject in +2 and degree level|
|M.Sc. Chemistry (with specialization in Analytical / Inorganic / Organic / Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ General Chemistry)||B.Sc. degree in either Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Applied Science from any recognized university with Physics or Mathematics / B. Pharm (or) Biology/ Botany/Zoology as ancillary subjects with an 50% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects)|
|M.Sc. Physics||B.Sc. degree from any recognized university with Physics / Applied Sciences.|
- Notification on issue of online application will be given on our website
- Online Application forms will be available from March 2019
- The Admission will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination B.Sc.(or its equivalent)
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for the counselling
- Candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of merit based on the B.Sc. marks.
- The fact that a candidate has qualified and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. This depends upon the cut-off fixed on the merit list and the availability of seats
- The result will be published on our website
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission.
- If not given already *(A) Required Documents], at the time of online application submission / counselling, a set of photocopies must be submitted)
- Migration / Transfer / College Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Conduct Certificate (Original)
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter.
- 4 no’s of recent passport size colour photographs
- Affidavit – Student and Parents
- Student Profile
- Physical Fitness
- Balance Fees to be submitted in the mode of Demand Draft (Original) / online payment.
- An undertaking for good conduct and behaviour in a prescribed form (to be issued by the University at the time of admission) their originals to the Admissions Office.
The tuition fees for VIT M.Sc Admission 2019 is framed in the table given below.
|Courses||Fees in Rs.|
|M.Sc. Applied Microbiology||80,000|
|M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics (Optional specialization in Genetic Counseling)||80,000|
|M.Sc. Data Science||80,000|
VIT will be released its result and call letter for its various MSc Admission 2019. Candidates can check the same by using their 10 digit application number and with their verification code.
- Tentative date for Counselling 14.06.2019
- The Required Documents in originals are needed for verification (If not given already, a set of photocopies may be provided)
- It is mandatory to bring Rs. 12,000/- as Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, Payable at Vellore.
- This includes counseling fee Rs.6000/- (which is Non Refundable) and Rs. 6000/- advance fee which will be refunded on cancellation of admission.
- Applicants without the DD for the said amount will not be permitted to attend the counselling / interview.
- Allotment of seat for a programme once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- If the applicant fails to qualify in the prescribed qualifying examination, the provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled and the fee remitted will be forfeited
Official Website www.vit.ac.in.
For More Details Regarding VIT M.Sc Admission 2019- Download Information Brochure.