VIT PG 2018 Admissions – The Vellore Institute of Technology has invited applications for the admissions into the Postgraduate programmes: -M.Sc in Biotechnology and M.Tech. in Software Engineering. The M.Sc.(Biotechnology) is an integrated 5-year course offered at Vellore campus only. While M.Tech (Software Engineering), which is also an integrated 5-year course is being offered at all the campuses of VIT i.e. Amaravati, Chennai, Bhopal and Vellore campus. The students will be admitted to the first year of Bachelor’s degree first and then they will proceed to post graduation.
The applications for VIT PG Admission 2018 are invited from the 12th pass students with 70% marks in their respective subjects and there is a relaxation of 10% for the SC/ST category students. The applications can be made online at the official website at vit.ac.in/admssions. The applications have already started from April 07, 2018 and the last date to fill the application is May 31, 2018.
VIT PG Admission 2018 – Integrated Course
The candidates who wish to apply for 2018 VIT PG Admission, will be able to learn in this article all the details related to these programmes such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, application fees, documents to be attached along with the application, counselling, documents required at the time of admission, course fees, prospects after the degree etc.
Important Dates for VIT PG 2018 Admission
|Application begins||07 April 2018|
|Last date to apply online & Receipt of completed application printout with enclosures||31 May 2018|
|List of short applicants publishing||05 June 2018|
|Counselling date for M.Tech (Software Engineering)||13 June 2018|
|Counselling date for M.SC (Biotechnology)||16 June 2018|
|Last Date of Payment of balance fees||03 July 2018|
|COrientation Program||17 July 2018|
|Commencement of classes||18 July 2018|
Application form for Integrated M.Sc & Integrated M.Tech has been released online at the official website. Interested candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. Online application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date.
- Click here to apply online for M.Sc Biotechnology
- Click here to apply online for M.Tech (Software Engineering)
The printout of online application should be sent to The Director, PG Admission, VIT Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore-632014. Tamil Nadu, with (A) Required Documents (photo copy only) on or before its last date. Application forms received without the required documents will be summarily rejected.
- Class-X mark sheet as a proof of date of birth
- Class-XII mark sheet of Qualifying Examination of all attempts (please ensure that you also enclose the reverse side of the marks sheet containing details.)
- Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (If available)
- Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories)
- Nativity Certificate (Only for North Eastern States)
Application Fees for VIT PG Admission 2018
|Course||M.Sc (Biotechnology)||M.Tech.(Software Engineering)|
|Amount to be Paid||Rs.472/-||Rs.826/-|
Eligibility Criteria for VIT PG Admission 2018
|Nationality||Age Criteria||Educational Criteria|
|The applicant should be a Resident of India and should have studied in regular, full-time and formal education schools located in India in the previous two years.
The NRI/ Foreign are required to apply separately
|Applicants, whose birth date falls on or after 1 July 1998 are eligible to apply.
The date of birth mentioned in the application form should be as recorded in the High School / SSC or class 10th certificate.
The applicants must produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age.
Application procedure for VIT PG Admission 2018
If you are New user:-
The candidates are applying for the first time for VIT PG Admission 2018, then you will need to sign up first by entering your personal details such as DOB, Gender, Name, Nationality, Mobile number, Email ID etc.
Now you will proceed to fill the application form.
STEP I New User Registration
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully
- The applicant will receive a password over the registered mobile no. and email id
- All the necessary communications will be made through this number and id in the future
- Request for change of mobile no. & e-mail id will not be entertained
STEP II Confirmation of Password
- All the registered users of VIT PG Admission 2018 need to log in now with the email id and password received from VIT
STEP III Filling Online Application Form
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully before submission
- An application number will be generated after the submission of the application
- This application number can be referred to for all the future correspondence
STEP IV Mode of Payment
- The amount that all the candidates will need to pay is a sum of Rs. 472/- for M.Sc and
- M.Tech. fee for application is Rs.826/-
- The payment can be made in Online mode through Netbanking / Credit / Debit card
STEP V Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM
- Signature Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM
- Please note that selfie photo is not allowed
STEP VI Payment transaction queries
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount has debited from your account already, please do not fill another application
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again
- If you were unable to see the transaction details please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id
If you are a Registered User of VIT PG Admission 2018:-
- Enter the registered Email ID
- Enter the password
Documents to be enclosed with application
- The following certificates should be attached with completed online application.
- The Certificate of age proof
- A copy of Higher Secondary statement of marks
- A copy of the Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificates.
- Community Certificate (if the candidate is from SC / ST category)
- Nativity Certificate (only for applicants hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
VIT PG Admission Result 2018
VIT PG Admission Result 2018 will be announced by Vellore Institute of Technology. Result for Integrated M.Sc & Integrated M.Tech will be released separately. Candidates who will appear in the examination will only be to check their result.
Counselling for VIT PG Admission 2018
After the results will be announced, the institute will organise the counselling process for the students to take admission. The names of the short-listed candidates into VIT PG Admission 2018 will be displayed at www.vit.ac.in.
The process will take place in Vellore Campus. Applicants should appear as per the time slot mentioned in the call letter. if the candidates are more in number the counselling may be extended beyond 8 pm.
The Applicants should produce the original documents for verification, along with a DEMAND DRAFT for Rs.12,000/- drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore. Failure to produce any of these documents, he/she will not be considered for counselling.
The admission is based on the performance and slot allotted to the applicants. The classes will take place in Vellore campus. The campus cannot be changed.
If an applicant fails to appear in the first counselling, he will be considered in the next slot only after he/she submits a DD for Rs.12,000/- drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore. This includes the counselling fee of Rs.6,000/-.
The counselling fee is NON-REFUNDABLE but the amount will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the applicant joins the University.
Documents submitted at the time of Counselling
The following documents in originals are needed for verification (If not given already a set of photocopies of the certificates may be provided):
- Certificate of age proof. (class X Std. mark sheet)
- Copy of Higher Secondary mark statements. (All appearances).
- Copy of class XII std. Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (if already received)
- Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories).
- Nativity Certificate (only for North Eastern States).
Documents submitted at the time of admission
The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- If not given already [(A) Required Documents], at the time of online application submission / counselling, a set of photocopies must be submitted.
- Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Conduct Certificate (Original)
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter.
- 4 no’s of recent passport size colour photographs
- Affidavit – Student and Parents
- Student Profile
- Physical Fitness
- Balance Fees to be submitted in the mode of Demand Draft (Original) / online payment.
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form issued by the Institute at the time of admission to be submitted in originals to the Admissions Office.
VIT Fee structure 2018 for PG courses
The VIT fees structure for the M.Sc and M.Tech program is as follows:-
Course fees for M.Sc (Biotechnology) fee
The candidates aspiring for M.Sc admission 2018 can check the amount they need to pay from the table below
The M.Sc fee 2018 is as follows:-
|Course Fees||Fees For 1 – 3 years||For 4 years||For 5 years|
|Total fees per annum||Rs. 56,000/-||Rs. 98,000/-||Rs. 1,02,200/-|
Course fees for M.Tech (Software Engineering) fee
The candidates aspiring for M.Tech admission 2018 can check the amount they need to pay from the table below.
The M.Tech fee 2018 is as follows:-
|Year||Category I||Category II||Category III|
|1 to 3 year||Rs.96,000/-||Rs.1,59,000/-||Rs.1,92,000/-|
Admission procedure for VIT PG Admission 2018
Applicants will be called for counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of marks (rounded to 2 decimal points) secured in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination.
For M.Tech: In case the aggregate is same, the order of merit will be decided based on the best scores in Maths, Physics, Chemistry sequentially and in case of tie, the age i.e. older applicants are given priority.
For M.Sc: In case the aggregate is same, the order of merit will be decided based on the best scores in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany / Zoology sequentially and in case of tie, the age i.e. older applicants are given priority.
Career perspective for M.Sc (Biotechnology) degree holders
The students who are going to apply for the course would also want to know what they can do after availing the degree. Which industry can they join? Well, there are many various fields in which you could enter. The students who have the M.SC degree are in demand these days in the medical industry. The individuals can find placement across industries such as pharmacy, biotech and genetics. Moreover, they can apply for the companies in India and abroad. If the candidates desires to continue his higher education and carry it forward towards a specialisation area, they can take up Research at institutions
Career perspective after M.Tech (Software Engineering) degree holders
There is a high demand for the candidate with M.Tech in Software Engineering in industries related to development of Softwares in big cartels such as google, Microtek etc. if the candidate has the passion for entering the world of computers, they can be hired by the top most companies as
- software developers, architects, design engineers, testing and QA professionals
- project managers, consultants, solutions developers and entrepreneurs
- high-end system design engineers
- configuration managers and system analysts
- They can also work as academicians and researchers
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in
For more details of VIT PG Admission 2018
- Download M.Sc (Biotechnology) Infomation Brochure
- Download M.Tech (Software Engineering) Information Brochure