VIT PG 2019 Admissions – The Vellore Institute of Technology has invited applications for the admissions into the Postgraduate programmes: -M.Sc in Biotechnology, Computational Statistics and Data Analytics and M.Tech. in Software Engineering. The M.Sc.(Biotechnology) is an integrated 5-year course offered at Vellore campus only. While M.Tech (Software Engineering), which is also an integrated 5-year course is being offered at all the campuses of VIT i.e. Amaravati, Chennai, Bhopal and Vellore campus. The students will be admitted to the first year of Bachelor’s degree first and then they will proceed to post graduation.
The applications for VIT PG Admission 2019 are invited from the candidates who want to take admission in the following above given courses. The applications can be made online at the official website at vit.ac.in/admssions.
VIT PG Admission 2019 – Integrated Course
The candidates who wish to apply for 2019 VIT PG Admission, will be able to learn in this article all the details related to these programmes such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, application fees, documents to be attached along with the application, counselling, documents required at the time of admission, course fees, prospects after the degree etc.
Important Dates for VIT PG 2019 Admission
|Last date to apply online & editing in application form||29 May 2019|
|Last date to receive filled application with enclosures||31 May 2019
05 June 2019 – For M.tech
|List of short applicants publishing||05 June 2019|
|Counselling date for Integrated M.Sc.(Biotechnology) (5 years)||10 June 2019|
|Counselling date for Integrated M.Sc. Computational Statistics and Data Analytics (5 Years)||10 June 2019|
|Counselling date for MSC (2 years) Programmes||10 June 2019|
|Counselling date for Integrated M.Tech. Programmes (other than Tamil Nadu)||12 June 2019|
|Counselling date for Integrated M.Tech. Programmes (Tamil Nadu)||13 June 2019|
|Counselling date for M.Tech. Automotive Engineering||17 June 2019|
|Counselling date for Counselling date for MCA||17 June 2019|
|Counselling date for M.Tech. 2 years||18 Jun & 19 Jun 2019|
|Last Date of Payment of balance fees||03 July 2019|
|Orientation Program||10 July 2019|
|Commencement of classes||10 July 2019 – for Int. M.Sc
15 July 2019 – for Int. M.tech
VIT PG Admission Result 2019
VIT PG Admission Result 2019 has been announced by Vellore Institute of Technology. Result for Integrated M.Sc & Integrated M.Tech has been released separately. Candidates who will appear in the examination will only be to check their result.
- Click here to check the Integrated M.Tech Programme 2019.
- Click here to check Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) (5 Years) Result.
- Click here to check Integrated M.Sc. Computational Statistics and Data Analytics (5 Years) Result.
Application form for Integrated M.Sc & Integrated M.Tech has been released online at the official website. Interested candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. Online application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date.
- Click here to apply online for Int M.Sc Biotechnology and Computational Statistics and Data Analytics
- Click here to apply online for Int M.Tech (Software Engineering)
The printout of online application should be sent to The Director, PG Admission, VIT Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore-632014. Tamil Nadu, with (A) Required Documents (photo copy only) on or before its last date. Application forms received without the required documents will be summarily rejected.
- Class-X mark sheet as a proof of date of birth
- Class-XII mark sheet of Qualifying Examination of all attempts (please ensure that you also enclose the reverse side of the marks sheet containing details.)
- Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (If available)
- Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories)
- Nativity Certificate (Only for North Eastern States)
Application Fees for VIT PG Admission 2019
|Course||Int M.Sc (both)||Int M.Tech.(Software Engineering)|
|Amount to be Paid||Rs.500/-||Rs.850/-|
Eligibility Criteria for VIT PG Admission 2019
Age Limit : Date of Birth falls on or after 01.07.1999.
Integrated M.Sc.(Biotechnology) (5 years) : A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany / Zoology as subjects with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
Integrated M.Sc. Computational Statistics and Data Analytics (5 Years) : First Class with a minimum of 60% marks at 10+2 level/Intermediate/CBSE/ICSE/HSC/ or equivalent with Mathematics /Statistics /Computer Science/Business Mathematics as one of the subject.
For Integrated M.Sc. Programmes
The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST community
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh,
- Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Integrated M.tech (Software Engineering)
A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the state / central board of examination or its equivalent examination with 65% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
Application procedure for VIT PG Admission 2019
If you are New user:-
The candidates are applying for the first time for VIT PG Admission 2019, then you will need to sign up first by entering your personal details such as DOB, Gender, Name, Nationality, Mobile number, Email ID etc.
Now you will proceed to fill the application form.
STEP I New User Registration
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully
- The applicant will receive a password over the registered mobile no. and email id
- All the necessary communications will be made through this number and id in the future
- Request for change of mobile no. & e-mail id will not be entertained
STEP II Confirmation of Password
- All the registered users of VIT PG Admission 2019 need to log in now with the email id and password received from VIT
STEP III Filling Online Application Form
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully before submission
- An application number will be generated after the submission of the application
- This application number can be referred to for all the future correspondence
STEP IV Mode of Payment
- The amount that all the candidates will need to pay is a sum of Rs. 500/- for M.Sc and
- M.Tech. fee for application is Rs.850/-
- The payment can be made in Online mode through Netbanking / Credit / Debit card
STEP V Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM
- Signature Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM
- Please note that selfie photo is not allowed
STEP VI Payment transaction queries
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount has debited from your account already, please do not fill another application
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again
- If you were unable to see the transaction details please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id
If you are a Registered User of VIT PG Admission 2019:-
- Enter the registered Email ID
- Enter the password
Documents to be enclosed with application
- The following certificates should be attached with completed online application.
- The Certificate of age proof
- A copy of Higher Secondary statement of marks
- A copy of the Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificates.
- Community Certificate (if the candidate is from SC / ST category)
- Nativity Certificate (only for applicants hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
Counselling for VIT PG Admission 2019
After the results will be announced, the institute will organise the counselling process for the students to take admission. The names of the short-listed candidates into VIT PG Admission 2019 will be displayed at www.vit.ac.in.
The process will take place in Vellore Campus. Applicants should appear as per the time slot mentioned in the call letter. if the candidates are more in number the counselling may be extended beyond 8 pm.
The Required Documents in originals are needed for verification (If not given already, a set of photocopies may be provided)
It is mandatory to bring Rs. 12,000/- as Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, Payable at Vellore.
This fee includes counseling fee Rs.6000/- (which is Non Refundable) and Rs. 6000/- advance fee which will be refunded on cancellation of admission.
Applicants without the DD for the said amount will not be permitted to attend the counselling / interview.
Allotment of seat for a programme once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
If the applicant fails to qualify in the prescribed qualifying examination, the provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled and the fee remitted will be forfeited
Documents submitted at the time of Counselling
The following documents in originals are needed for verification (If not given already a set of photocopies of the certificates may be provided):
- Certificate of age proof. (class X Std. mark sheet)
- Copy of Higher Secondary mark statements. (All appearances).
- Copy of class XII std. Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (if already received)
- Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories).
- Nativity Certificate (only for North Eastern States).
Documents submitted at the time of admission
The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- If not given already [(A) Required Documents], at the time of online application submission / counselling, a set of photocopies must be submitted.
- Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Conduct Certificate (Original)
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter.
- 4 no’s of recent passport size colour photographs
- Affidavit – Student and Parents
- Student Profile
- Physical Fitness
- Balance Fees to be submitted in the mode of Demand Draft (Original) / online payment.
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form issued by the Institute at the time of admission to be submitted in originals to the Admissions Office.
VIT Fee structure 2019 for PG courses
The VIT fees structure for the M.Sc and M.Tech program is as follows:-
Course fees for M.Sc (Biotechnology) fee
The candidates aspiring for M.Sc admission 2019 can check the amount they need to pay from the table below
The M.Sc fee 2019 is as follows:-
|Particulars||FEES (INR) (1-5 years)|
|Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) (5 years)||75000|
|Integrated M.Sc (Computational Statistics and Data Analytics) (5 years)||75000|
Course fees for M.Tech (Software Engineering) fee
The candidates aspiring for M.Tech admission 2019 can check the amount they need to pay from the table below.
The M.Tech fee 2019 is as follows:-
|Year||Category I||Category II||Category III|
|1 to 3 year||Rs.96,000/-||Rs.1,59,000/-||Rs.1,92,000/-|
Admission procedure for VIT PG Admission 2019
Applicants will be called for counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of marks (rounded to 2 decimal points) secured in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination.
For M.Tech: In case the aggregate is same, the order of merit will be decided based on the best scores in Maths, Physics, Chemistry sequentially and in case of tie, the age i.e. older applicants are given priority.
For M.Sc: In case the aggregate is same, the order of merit will be decided based on the best scores in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany / Zoology sequentially and in case of tie, the age i.e. older applicants are given priority.
Career perspective for M.Sc (Biotechnology) degree holders
The students who are going to apply for the course would also want to know what they can do after availing the degree. Which industry can they join? Well, there are many various fields in which you could enter. The students who have the M.SC degree are in demand these days in the medical industry. The individuals can find placement across industries such as pharmacy, biotech and genetics. Moreover, they can apply for the companies in India and abroad. If the candidates desires to continue his higher education and carry it forward towards a specialisation area, they can take up Research at institutions
Career perspective after M.Tech (Software Engineering) degree holders
There is a high demand for the candidate with M.Tech in Software Engineering in industries related to development of Softwares in big cartels such as google, Microtek etc. if the candidate has the passion for entering the world of computers, they can be hired by the top most companies as
- software developers, architects, design engineers, testing and QA professionals
- project managers, consultants, solutions developers and entrepreneurs
- high-end system design engineers
- configuration managers and system analysts
- They can also work as academicians and researchers
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in
For more details of VIT PG Admission 2019
- Download M.Sc (Biotechnology) Information Brochure
- Download M.Sc (Computational Statistics and Data Analytics) Information Brochure
- Download M.Tech (Software Engineering) Information Brochure