VIT UG 2019- The Vellore Institute of Technology offers admission to the undergraduate courses for the academic year 2019-2020. The courses offered are BBA/ BCA / B.Sc. (Computer Science) / B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation/B.Com/ B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management. The candidates who are interested can fill the application form from the official website as per the schedule. There will be counseling/interview for the admission to these courses and the mode in which information is conveyed is online.
The Candidates will learn in this article the important dates for VIT 2019 for undergraduate programs. Admission and other details such as Educational Criteria, Age Criteria, How to apply for, VIT 2019 Admit Card, VIT 2019 Result, VIT 2019 Counselling, Documents to be sent along the application form etc.
VIT Under Graduate Admission 2019
Eligible candidates can apply for VIT Under Graduate Admission 2019 from the official website i.e www.vit.ac.in or from the direct link which is also mentioned below on this page. Candidates can check the schedule of VIT Under Graduate Admission 2019 from the table given below.
|Event||UG Arts & Science Programmes||B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management|
|Last date of filling online application forms||01 Jun 2019||08 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of Application with enclosures||03 Jun 2019||10 Jun 2019|
|Publication of the shortlisted Candidates||06 Jun 2019||12 Jun 2019|
|Tentative date for Counselling||12 Jun 2019||28 Jun 2019|
|Last date for the payment of fees||20 Jun 2019||05 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of Classes (Tentative)||15 Jul 2019|
VIT UG 2019 Application Form
VIT UG 2019 Application Form is available to fill online at the official website. Candidates are required to enter all relevant details along with the necessary documents required to attach with the application form. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure their eligibility. It is mandatory to send the hardcopy of the application form with necessary enclosures
Apply Online: The links for VIT UG 2019 Application form are mentioned below.
How to apply for VIT 2019 in undergraduate courses
- Candidates can apply through online at www.vit.ac.in through Net banking/Debit card/Credit card/Paytm mode.
- There is NO printed OMR application, Candidates are requested to apply only through Online Mode.
Steps to be followed:
- Enter into New applicant page and register yourself with required information
- Verify your registered email id and mobile number for the password received from VIT. (Keep this email id and password till the completion of the admissions)
- Fill the online application form. Cost of the online form is Rs. 500/-. The application cost is non-refundable.
- Pay the application fee Rs.500/- through online mode using net banking/Debit card / Credit card/Paytm mode.
- Upload your Photo and Sign image on the online application form
- Enclose the required documents along with the application form and send the hard copies to the address of Director-UG Admissions, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The following documents are required to be enclosed with the application form. Otherwise, your application form will be rejected.
- Copy of Age proof certificate
- Copy of XII Hall Ticket
- Copy of XII Markstatement or XII website result copy
- Copy of Community Certificate (For SC/ST candidates only)
- Copy of Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Northeastern states and Jammu & Kashmir)
Eligibility criteria for VIT UG 2019 Admissions
The detailed eligibility criteria for VIT UG 2019 Admissions are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA||A pass in any stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate in the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination.|
|B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation||A pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or a pass in Diploma (10+3) in any stream with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.|
|B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management||A pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination|
|B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) / BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)||A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination, with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate. Students must have studied Commerce / Accountancy / Mathematics as one of the subjects|
- Candidates should have born on or after 01.07.1999
For B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA / B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation / B.Com / BBA:
The minimum aggregated marks in 12th or its equivalent should be 60% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST community
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
Courses offered by VIT 2019 for Undergraduate Programmes
The UnderGraduate Programmes offered for (3 YEARS) Vellore Campus are mentioned below.
- B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) •
- B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management
Admit card for VIT 2019
The VIT 2019 Admit card for undergraduate courses will be available for those candidates who fill the application form completely within the span of the prescribed time. The admit card will be downloaded from the official website of the Vellore Institute of Technology at www.vit.ac.in. The admit card will be issued as per the schedule. The candidate must check the site regularly for the availability of the admit card. The admit card will have to take along on the day of the examination.
Result for VIT 2019
The candidates who will appear for the exam will be able to check the result for VIT UG 2019 on the official website at www.vit.ac.in. The students will be informed when the result will available on the official website or candidates will also be provided by the direct link on this page.
Counseling for VIT 2019
- The VIT result will be announced after the exam. Soon after the exam result, there will be counseling which will begin in order to complete the admission process.
- The Candidates will have to participate in the VIT Counselling process for the purpose of document verification. The cases where the candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she shall be disqualified for admission.
- Only after verification of documents, the candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process. Authentic records pertaining to identification, age, marksheet of the qualifying examination and the state of eligibility will be checked. If a candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she will not be considered for admission
Selection procedure for VIT 2019 Admissions
After the VIT Result will be announced, the qualifying candidates will be called for the counseling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination. The fact that a candidate has qualified and has been called for the counseling does not guarantee admission to him/her. This depends upon the cut-off fixed on the merit list and the availability of seats
This will the sole process, therefore the candidate shall not request for admission through any other mode. He/she has to participate in the counseling if they want to take admission.
Document Submission On Admission:
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- Any age proof Certificate
- Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST Candidates)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter
- Recent Passport size color photos 4 nos
- Affidavits towards Academics and Hostel on Rs.20/- non-judicial Stamp Paper.
- Student Profile
- Two photocopies of all original documents. (Except Affidavits / Physical Fitness Certificate / Student Profile).
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in.
For more information regarding VIT UG Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure