VIT Under Graduate Admission 2020 – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) offers admission in undergraduate courses such as B.Arch, B.Com, B.A. LLB, B.Des, B.Tech etc. VIT undergraduate admission is done as either on the basis of entrance exam or qualifying exam marks. The last date to apply for various UG Courses has been revised. Scroll down to check the details. As per the selection criteria, a merit list is prepared and as per the merit, candidates are called for Group Discussion / Personal Interview. Check more information about VIT undergraduate admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: The last date to apply for VIT UG Courses 2020 has been revised. Check details from below.
VIT Under Graduate Admission 2020
The entrance examination for B.Tech is call as VIT Engineering Entrance Exam. Check the important dates for VIT Undergraduate courses given below.
|B.Tech Programmes||27 Sep 2019 – |
|Law courses||20 Jan – |
|BCA, BBA, B.Com, B.Sc.||20 Jan 2020 – |
|B.Sc (H) Agriculture||20 Jan 2020 – 1st week of Jun 2020|
|Integrated M.Tech Programmes||04 Mar to |
|B.Arch||20 Jan 2020 – 1st week of Jun 2020|
|UG Arts & Science/ Business Management||1st week of Apr 2020|
|B. Des (Industrial Design)||20 Jan 2020 – 1st week of May 2020|
|Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) courses||04 Mar to |
20 Jun 2020
|Master of Computer Programmes|
20 Jun 2020
|PG Research Programmes|
15 Jul 2020
20 Jun 2020
|MBA||08 Nov 2019 to 08 Mar 2020|
|Integrated M.Sc. (Computational Statistics and Data Analytics)|
15 Jul 2020
|Master of Industrial Design|
20 Jun 2020
|VITEEE 2020||13 – 19 Apr 2020|
|B.Des publication of shortlisted candidates||3rd week of May 2020|
|B.Arch publication of shortlisted candidates||1st week of Jun 2020|
|B.Sc, BBA, B.Com publication of shortlisted candidates||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|B.Sc Hons. Agriculture||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of shortlisted candidates for law programmes||1st week of Jun 2020|
Courses Offered and Selection Criteria Under UG Programmes
Some of the undergraduate programmes that are offered by VIT University are given below.
|BA LLB and BBA LLB||10+2 marks and CLAT / LSAT|
|B.Arch||10+2 marks and NATA|
|B.Des||10+2 marks and UCEED|
VITEEE – VIT Engineering Entrance Examination is conducted by VIT University to offer admission in B.Tech courses. This exam is conducted in the online mode and both offline mode. There are multiple choice questions in the exam. Also, there is a negative marking 01 mark in case of wrong answers.
VIT Under Graduate Admission 2020 Application Form
VIT UG 2020 application form for undergraduate programmes are released at the official website i.e. vit.ac.in. Candidates need to apply online but it has to be submitted via offline mode.
Apply Now: Click here to apply for VITEEE 2020
Process To Apply
- Go to the official website, vit.ac.in and click on the link to apply.
- Then, register by entering the necessary details such as name of the candidates, date of birth, gender, e-mail id, contact number etc.
- After the registration, login with the credentials sent to the registered e-mail id and fill the application form.
- Enter the details in the application form like personal details, address details, contact details etc.
- After entering the details, pay the application fee.
- Then, upload the images of documents such as photograph and signature
Documents to be attached with the application form
|Copy of any age proof certificate||Class 12th hall ticket|
|Class 12th statement of marks||Scorecard of last examination given|
|Nativity certificate for Jammu & Kashmir / Ladakh |
and North Eastern State candidates only
|Copy of community certificate|
Eligibility criteria for VIT Under Graduate Admission 2020
The detailed eligibility criteria for VIT UG 2019 Admissions are mentioned below. It is to be noted that the applicants must belong to Indian nationality.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with minimum 60% marks
- The candidates must have a valid NATA score.
- The candidates who have passed class 12th with 60% aggregate marks with PCM
- The candidates must have qualified UCEED
B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA
A pass in any stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate in the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination.
BA LLB and BBA LLB
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 by state / central board of secondary education or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate.
- The candidates must have a valid score in LSAT / CLAT.
B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation
A pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or a pass in Diploma (10+3) in any stream with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management
The candidates applying must be a pass in any stream in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination.
B.Sc Hons. Agriculture
Candidates with minimum 70% aggregate with PCM or PCB / Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture in the qualifying examination
B.Sc Fashion Design
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent. OR
- The candidates must be a pass in Diploma (10+3) in Fashion, Textile, Apparel and Garment stream with minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC / ST and people from Kashmir / Bhutan / Mizoram / Manipur / Sikkim / Arunachal Pradesh / Nagaland must have minimum 50% in 10+2.
VIT 2020 Under Graduate Admission Result
The names of the shortlisted candidates are displayed on the official website at vit.ac.in. After the declaration of result of both the entrance test, GD / PI, the merit list is displayed at the official website. The candidates whose names appear in the list are required to then appear for the counselling.
VIT Under Graduate Admission 2020 Counselling
After the announcement of result, candidates are required to appear for the counselling. At the time of counselling, the candidates are required to bring their original as well as photocopies of the documents. Proof of age, identification, marksheet of the qualifying examination and the state of eligibility is checked.
VIT 2020 Under Graduate Admission Selection Procedure
The selection process for VIT undergraduate programmes are given below.
- Check the notification from the official website and apply for your respective programme
- Fill the application form with personal details, address details, communication details etc.
- Appear for the entrance test
- Appear for GD / PI
- Check the merit list from the official website
VIT Under Graduate Admission Counselling 2020
After VIT result is announced, the qualifying candidates are called for the counseling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination. The fact that a candidate has qualified and has been called for the counseling does not guarantee admission. This depends upon the cut-off fixed on the merit list and the availability of seats.
Document Submission On Admission
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- Any age proof Certificate
- Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST Candidates)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
- Copy of Provisional Admission Letter
- Recent Passport size color photos 4 nos
- Affidavits towards Academics and Hostel on Rs.20/- non-judicial Stamp Paper.
- Student Profile
- Two photocopies of all original documents. (Except Affidavits / Physical Fitness Certificate / Student Profile).
For more information about VIT UG programmes, check the information brochures
VIT UG 2020 Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You can fill the application forms for UG admission at vit.ac.in.
Ans : You must have a qualifying score in 10+2 and in NATA.
Ans : No, the entrance exam is only for the students applying for B.tech courses.
Ans : Candidates can take admission in courses like B.Arch, B.Des, B.Tech. B.Sc etc.
Official Website: vit.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.