VIT UG 2018- The Vellore Institute of Technology offers admission to the undergraduate courses for the academic year 2018-2019. The courses offered are BBA/ BCA / B.Sc. (Computer Science) / B.Sc./ B.Com, Multimedia and Animation / B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management. The candidates who are interested will fill the application form from the first week of April 2018. There will be counselling/interview for the admission to these courses and the mode in which information is conveyed is online.
The Candidates will learn in this article the important dates for VIT 2018 for undergraduate programs. Admission and other details such as Educational Criteria, Age Criteria, How to apply for, VIT 2018 Admit Card, VIT 2018 Result, VIT 2018 Counselling, Documents to be sent along the application form etc.
VIT Under Graduate Admission 2018
Eligible candidates will apply online from the official website i.e www.vit.ac.in or from the direct link which will also be provided here. Candidates can check the expected schedule of VIT Under Graduate Admission 2018 from the table given below.
|Online application begins||First week of April 2018|
|Last date of issue of the application forms||First week of June 2018|
|Online application ends||First week of June 2018|
|Counselling / Interview Date||Second week of Jun 2018|
|Last Date for payment of fees||Third week of Jun 2018|
|Commencement of classes||First week of Jul 2018|
Courses offered by VIT 2018 for Undergraduate Programmes
|Courses offered in Vellore||Courses offered in Bhopal|
Eligibility criteria for VIT UG 2018 Admissions
|B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA||A candidate must have a minimum of 70% overall aggregate in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination in any stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
|B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation||A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or have a Diploma (10+3) in any stream with a minimum of 70% overall.|
|B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management||A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination.|
|B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) / BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)||A candidate must have a minimum of 70% overall aggregate in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination. And the Student must have studied Commerce / Accountancy / Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
VIT UG 2018 Application Form
VIT UG 2018 Application Form will be filled online from the official website i.e www.vit.ac.in. The application form will be available from the first week of April 2018. Candidates will be required to enter all relevant details along with the necessary documents required to attach with the application form.
- Apply Online: VIT UG 2018 Application Form will be available at www.vit.ac.in.
How to apply for VIT 2018 in undergraduate courses
The application will be done in SIX steps. The steps are as follows:-
STEP I New User Registration
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully.
- The applicant will receive a password over the registered mobile no. and email id.
- All the necessary communications will be made through this number and id in the future. Request for change of mobile no. & e-mail id will not be entertained.
STEP II Confirmation of Password
- All the registered users need to log in now with the email id and password received from VIT.
STEP III Filling Online Application Form
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully before submission.
- An application number will be generated after the submission of the application.
- This application number can be referred to for all the future correspondence.
STEP IV Mode of Payment
- The amount that all the candidates will need to pay.
STEP V Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM.
- Signature Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM.
- Please note that selfie photo is not allowed.
STEP VI Payment transaction queries
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount was debited from your account already, please do not fill another application.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
- If you were unable to see the transaction details please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id.
Documents to be attached along with the application for VIT 2018 for the undergraduate admissions
- Copy of age proof certificate.
- Copy of XII statement of marks certificate.
- Copy of community certificate (for reserved category SC/ST only).
- Copy of nativity certificate (if the applicant is from Jammu & Kashmir and northeastern states candidates).
Admit card for VIT 2018
The VIT 2018 Admit card for undergraduate courses will be available for those candidates who fill the application form completely within the span of prescribed time. The admit card will be downloaded from the official website of the Vellore Institute of Technology at www.vit.ac.in. The admit card will be issued one week before the exam. The candidate must check the site regularly for the availability of the admit card. The admit card will have to take along on the day of the examination.
Result for VIT 2018
The candidates who appear for the exam will check the result for VIT UG 2018 on the official website at www.vit.ac.in. The students are informed that the result page will be available as soon as it is updated on the official website.
Counselling for VIT 2018
- The VIT result will be announced after the exam. Soon after the exam result, there will be a counselling which will begin in order to complete the admission process. T
- The Candidates will have to participate in the VIT Counselling process for the purpose of document verification. In The cases where the candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she shall be disqualified for admission.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose their choice of campus.
Selection procedure for VIT 2018 Admissions
After the VIT Result will be announced, the qualifying candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination.
This will the sole process, therefore the candidate shall not request for admission through any other mode. He/she has to participate in the counselling if they want to take admission.
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in.
Insofar, only eligibility criteria and admission details of VIT Under Graduate Admission 2018 has been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Vellore Institute of Technology releases VIT Under Graduate Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.