Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University has disclosed the VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria for the exam. Prior to applying, it makes necessary for every applicant to go through these norms and make sure that they are eligible to sit for the exam. Qualifying VITEEE 2019, a candidate will be allotted a B.Tech seat in this prestigious institute. VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2019 is a UG level engineering exam which is usually conducted in the 1st or 2nd week of April, every year. The authorities are expected to release the forms by the first week of November 2018.
Candidates can stay tuned with us for details relating to online or offline application forms. Note that, only those who fulfill these eligibility criteria, may only apply for VITEEE 2019. This article has been created with the aim to let the candidates know about the VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates get admission on the basis of the VITEEE merit list, who satisfy the eligibility criteria. The eligibility crieria of VITEEE 2019 is as mentioned below:
VIT University makes it explicit that an applicant ought to be a resident or a non-resident Indian National or PIO or OCI holder. Only candidates falling under any of these nationalities will be considered eligible to apply and appear for VITEEE 2019.
2. Age Limit
For applying to any well recognized University, it becomes necessary for a candidate to check the specified age limit. The Vellore Institute of Technology(VIT) University clearly specifies that only those candidates are eligible to apply for this exam whose has at least completed his or her 17 years as on 1st July 2019.
3. Qualifying Examination
VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria relating to the qualifying examination of an applicant needs to be fulfilled as an engineering degree requires a specific type of qualification to further gain knowledge and work in this field. Candidates need to be very clear with these below-listed norms.
- Should have passed Class 12 or equivalent level of studies from a recognized Board.
- MInimum of 60% of marks will be required in their qualifying level of the exam to be eligible for admissions to VIT University.
- Exception: In the case of SC/ST or any reserved category candidates, a minimum of 50% marks will be required to be eligible.
- He or she must have pursued Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in his or her +12 level from a recognized Institute.
- Exception: Candidates willing to pursue B.Tech. Bioengineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects. Note that, such candidates will also be eligible to pursue ECE in combinations with B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec.in Bioinformatics) and Biomedical Engineering. But will need to opt for Mathematics as a short-term course, along with their desired B.Tech discipline.
Documents Needed For VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A list of documents will be cross verified with the details filled in, by a candidate. So, make sure all the details that a candidate has provided are true and matches to its corresponding proof. Also, note that these documents will be required to be consulted at the time of filling up your VITEEE 2019 Application Forms correctly. Further, these details will be verified at the time of counseling and only after that, a candidate will be allotted a seat.
- Class 10 Marksheet as Date of Birth Proof
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Marksheet of Qualifying Exam for the Result awaited candidates
- Caste or Community Certificate( for SC/ST candidates), if applicable
- Nativity Certificate( for candidates belonging to Kashmir and North Eastern States)
About VITEEE 2019
Last year, after getting a whopping response of 2.12 lakhs in the total number of applications received, the University is expecting to break their own records this year. VITEEE 2019 will only be conducted in online mode that too, in 3 different time slots i.e from 09.00 am to 11.30 am, 12.30 pm to 03.00 pm, and 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm. It is said to be conducted across 124 exam centers in India. Lets’ first go through the important dates, that was recently released the VIT University, from below.
VITEEE 2019 is said to be a simpler version of any other engineering entrance exam, as some of the direct questions asked will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and that too, without any negative marking scheme being applicable on it. VITEEE 2019 will be conducted in 3 sessions, each within the 2nd or 3rd week of April 2019. Let’s start discussing each of the VITEEE 2019 eligibility criteria in detail.