VITEEE 2021 – VIT University is announcing the VITEEE 2021 exam date and starting registration. The VITEEE exam is for admission to VIT Vellore, Chennai, AP, and Bhopal campuses in B.Tech (and also B.Des) programs. Its syllabus is similar to that of JEE Main 2021. The exam is usually a computer-based test with questions on physics, chemistry, mathematics / biology (only for bio stream programs), english, and aptitude. Interested students must do registration, then slot booking through OTBS, appear in the exam, check result, and then participate in VIT common counselling. Get here complete details of VITEEE 2021 including exam date, application form, syllabus, admit card, result, counselling, seats, fees.
Latest news on VITEEE 2021: VITEEE 2021 exam date announcement and registration commencement was expected in first week of October 2020. However there seems to be a delay because the last year’s admission session was postponed a lot. Soon, VIT (deemed to be) university is expected to announce VITEEE 2021 exam details.
VITEEE is an entrance examination held at the national level once a year. Candidates appearing in this test can get admission to B.Tech and B.Des program offered by the VIT at its campuses in Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati. Qualifiers are given admission to the program of their choice based on counselling after the declaration of results of VITEEE 2021. Check out the expected dates and schedule of events related to VITEEE 2021 below.
|Registration start||1st week of Oct 2020|
|Last date to register||4th week of Feb 2021|
|Admit card||To be announced|
|Exam date||2nd/3rd week of Apr 2021|
|Result||To be announced|
VITEEE 2021 Exam Date
The exact date of conducting the VITEEE 2021 computer-based test will be notified through the official website i.e. vit.ac.in in due course of time. Last year, the exam was conducted in July/August. However, the exam was initially scheduled to be conducted in April. Similarly, in 2019, the VITEEE exam was also conducted in the month of April.
VITEEE was cancelled in 2020. Will it be held in 2021?
VIT did not conduct the VITEEE 2020 exam due to the prevailing conditions of Corona virus pandemic. The examination was cancelled and admissions were carried out on the basis of marks obtained in Class 12th Board exams and/or JEE Main 2020 score. VIT notified this through the official website and allowed candidates to update their marks on the application form.
In light of the aforementioned turn of events, there are widespread surfacing of rumors as to whether the VITEEE 2021 exam will also be cancelled. Vellore Institute of Technology has not yet made any such official indications for the cancellation of the VITEEE 2021 exam. The exam is expected to be conducted even if the aftermaths of the COVID-19 pandemic are prolonged.
Check out the VITEEE exam dates for the last few year below.
|VITEEE Exam||Exam Date|
29 Jul-02 Aug 2020
|2019||10 – 21 Apr 2019|
|2018||04 to 15 Apr 2018|
VITEEE 2021 is expected to be conducted in April 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2021
Eligibility conditions in order to apply for the VITEEE 2021 exam will be specified by the University at the official website through the information brochure. It indicates the minimum & maximum age of applicants, educational qualifications and other conditions that must be fulfiled in order to apply and get admission on the basis of VITEEE 2021 score. Check out the VITEEE eligibility conditions as per previous year information brochure below.
- Both Indian nationals & NRIs as well as foreign candidates are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2021
- Candidates must be within the maximum age of 22 years are eligible to apply
- One must have passed the Class 12 exam from a recognized Board/Institute in the subjects of PCM or PCB
- Once must have secured at least 60% marks in PCM/PCB in order to apply.
- NIOS board candidates are also eligible to apply for VITEEE
VITEEE 2021 Application Form
Last year, the applications for VITEEE 2021 were accepted online or offline as per the candidate’s own preference. The online application form is available at the official website while candidates can avail the offline application form at the offices of VIT in its various campuses.
The VITEEE 2021 application form is expected to release at the official website i.e. vit.ac.in. Candidates can check out the key steps involved in applying for the exam below.
How to apply?
Candidates can apply online at the official website of VIT by following the simple steps provided here.
- Visit the official website for VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in.
- Click on the link for new user registration.
- Enter the necessary details and verify by entering the verification code to complete the registration process.
- Now log in to fill up the application form.
- Upload all necessary supporting documents including recent photograph and signature as per specifications.
- Complete the payment of application fee.
- Click on the final submit to complete the application process.
Application fee for VITEEE 2021
Candidates are required to deposit an application fee whether applying online or offline for VITEEE 2021. As per the last year iteration of the exam, candidates can check out the application fee amount below.
|If applying to appear for VITEEE in India centers||Rs. 1150|
|If applying to appear for VITEEE from outside India centers||USD 50|
|The fee amount for offline application form||Rs. 1250|
|Fee amount for mobile application||Rs. 1050|
VITEEE 2021 Syllabus
Since the VITEEE 2021 examination is for the admission of selected candidates to UG B.Tech and B.Des programs offered by the University, therefore, the syllabus is at large based on the 10+2 syllabus. The detailed syllabus will be released by the University at the official website well in time before the 2021 exam. Candidates can check the indicative topics covered under each subject as per the last year exam below.
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Nuclear Physics
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Current Electricity
- Atomic Structure
- p,d and f Block Elements
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Matrices and their Applications
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Integral Calculus and its Application
- Discrete Mathematics
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Human health and diseases
- Biodiversity, ecology and environment
- Genetics and evolution
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Short passages (30 -50 words) or lines of poems (2 -3) or dialogue (2 exchanges)
- English Grammar and Pronunciation
- Choose the CORRECT/ BEST answer from the options
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Number Series, Coding and Decoding
- Clocks, Calendars and Directions
Click here to get the detailed syllabus of VITEEE 2021
VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Besides the syllabus, knowledge of the exam pattern is crucial for the best result. The expected exam pattern of VITEEE 2021 is as follows.
- The exam is conducted in the form of a computer-based test.
- All questions are of the MCQ type.
- The total time available is 02 hours and 30 minutes.
Check out the section-wise marks and question distribution below.
|Section||Number of Qestions||Marks|
|Maths / Biology||40||40|
Marking Scheme: +1 for correct answer, no negative marking for incorrect answers.
What’s new: Last year VIT introduced Aptitude section in the exam.
Mock Tests for VITEEE 2021
It is important that candidates indulge in referring to smart study materials in order to have a good chance to crack the exam. Mock tests can be helpful in the context of understanding the paper efficiently and adjust one’s exam day strategy in accordance. Test your mettle with these VITEEE 2021 mock tests.
|Full Test||125||150 Min||Click Here|
|Physics||40||30 Min||Click Here|
|Chemistry||40||30 Min||Click Here|
|Mathematics||40||30 Min||Click Here|
|English||5||4 Min||Click Here|
Suggested Books for VITEEE 2021
Although a large number of textbooks and guides are available online and offline, it can be confusing at times to select the best one. Therefore, we are suggesting the following books for preparations of VITEEE 2021.
|Target VITEEE – Past 12 Years (2017-2006) |
Solved Papers + 10 Mock Tests
|Click Here to Buy|
|5 Mock Tests & Solved Papers For |
VIT Engineering Paperback – 2017
|Click Here to Buy|
|Comprehensive Guide to VITEEE |
Online Test with 3 Online Tests
|Click Here to Buy|
|VITEEE Chapterwise Solutions||Click Here to Buy|
|Target VITEEE (11 Years Solved Papers, 2|
006-2016/10 Mock Tests)
|Click Here to Buy|
How To Prepare for VITEEE 2021
Assuming that the VITEEE 2021 exam will be conducted as per expected schedule in 2021, candidates just have few months to prepare for the exam. Those who will be appearing for their 12th Board exams and have plans for B.Tech/B.Des admission at VITEEE for the 2021 session have to manage their time effectively. Here we are providing some important tips and tricks that can help in preparing effectively for VITEEE 2021.
#1: Know the syllabus and identify the important topics. The VITEEE syllabus is as per the 10+2 level. Therefore, candidates can find NCERT books for 11 & 12 useful.
#2: Reportedly, questions are often repeated from previous years in the VITEEE exam. Therefore, candidates preparing for VITEEE must refer to previous year papers.
#3: It is important that candidates practise giving the test within the specified time limit. For this, mock tests are available with the direct links shared on this page above. Solve mock tests during the last few weeks before the exam.
#4: Besides the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, 5 marks are also carried by the English section. This is relatively easy and must be prepared well to add some extra marks.
#5: Make sure that the study plan allows sufficient time for every day revisions. Otherwise, one might forget what has been studied earlier from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
VITEEE 2021 Admit Card
Last year, VIT notified that the admit cards for the VITEEE exam will be generated after the candidate has booked their schedule through the Online Test Booking System. The e-admit card for VITEEE exam is auto-generated after the slot booking process is over.
Who are issued VITEEE 2021 Admit Card?
- Candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date are issued auto-generated e-admit cards.
- Those who do not book exam slots, auto-generated slots are assigned based on the information provided on the application form and availability of the slot.
Similar to the previous year, the admit card for VITEEE 2021 is also likely to be published through the official website i.e. vit.ac.in. Candidates can download the VITEEE admit card by logging in with the application form number and Online Test Booking password. However, a copy of the admit card will also be mailed to the candidate as per last year trends.
Important points about VITEEE Admit Card 2021
- The admit card is not sent through post/fax etc. It must be downloaded from the official website or email.
- It is mandatory to produce a copy of the VITEEE 2021 Admit Card at the exam centre along with a photo identity card.
- Admit card indicates the admit card number, candidate photo, address of test centre, test date and time selected by the candidate.
VITEEE 2021 Test Centres
As per the official information brochure of last year VITEEE exam, 124 test centres were recognized by the VIT to conduct the nation-wide exam. Check out the list of test centres in this map.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Based on the information brochure of previous year VITEEE exam, certain instructions about Biometric registrations were issued by the University. Candidates can check the same for a reference for VITEEE 2021, this might or might not be changed. In order to stay updated, candidates are advised to check the official website from time to time.
- Attendance will include Biometric Registration at the test centre.
- Biometric registration will also serve the purpose of admit card verification.
- The process of biometric registration may be carried out either before or during the exam or both at the discretion of the VIT
- Candidates who do not cooperate during the biometric registration process may not be allowed to sit for the exam and their candidature may be cancelled outright.
- Such biometric authentication will be carried out for shortlisted candidates during the counselling and admission process.
- Candidates are advised not to carry any other items than the documents mentioned in the information brochure to the exam centre.
Candidates are required to abide by certain rules when they are in the exam centre. VIT indicated specific guidelines in the form of desirable and undesirable acts at the exam centre. Read on to know more.
- Adhere to the the schedule on the VITEEE 2021 admit card.
- Reach the center on time and take your seat.
- Carry a copy of the admit card and a valid photo identity to the exam centre.
- Maintain perfect silence and focus on the test only.
- Ensure that candidates sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator.
- Do not bring any textual material, paper inside the exam hall.
- Only the admit card, pen and pencil for rough work are allowed.
- Do not have electronic devices such as mobile phones, pagers, calculators, cameras, bluetooth devices or music systems.
- You cannot leave the exam hall once the exam starts until the entire duration of the exam is over.
- You cannot eat or drink anything inside the exam hall. Only plain water bottles without any writing or printing upon them may be allowed.
- Impersonation (or any such crime) will be reported to the police.
VITEEE 2021 Result
VIT prepared a rank list of qualifying candidates of previous year VITEEE based on the percentile secured in the exam. Candidates have intimated the VITEEE rank through an SMS to the registered mobile number. The rank list is made available through the official website i.e. vit.ac.in as per schedule.
Note: The VIT does not release answer sheet or raw score of the VITEEE exam. No request in this regard are entertained.
VITEEE 2021 Counselling
Qualifying candidates will be called for the Counselling process for admission after the release of the results. Candidates have to be present in person or send an authorized blood relative on their behalf with relevant original documents for verification during the counselling process.
It must be noted that candidates are allowed only one chance to attend the counselling. The mandatory original documents must be carried to the counselling session along with their photocopies. Check out the list of documents below as per the brochure of previous year.
- VITEEE 2021 Admit Card, Counselling Admit Card and VITEEE Result copy
- Class 10 certificate
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam/Class 12th Hall Ticket
- Caste certificate
- Nativity certificate
- Counselling fees
Important points to note about VITEEE Counselling
- Candidates are allowed only one chance to attend the counselling.
- It is mandatory to bring the original documents to the counselling process.
- Candidates have to complete the entire verification process and other protocols before they can be allowed to take part in the Counselling.
- Candidates will be able to choose the desired program and campus during the counselling process.
- Candidates will be issued a provisional admission letter indicating the program and campus.
- Candidates are not allowed to change the campus or branch once the admission is completed.
- The balance fee must be paid before the specified date failing which admission will be forfeited.
The following documents must be produced in original during the time of admission.
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Transfer/School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Provisional letter of admission
- 4 copies of Recent Passport Sized photograph
- Affidavit to be signed by the candidate, their parents and hostel
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Copy of student profile
Vellore Institute of Technology is considered as one of the most sought after Universities for technical education after Class 12. The Deemed to be University situated in Tamil Nadu and has campuses in Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati. VIT conducts the VITEEE exam for admission to Bachelor’s degree in Technology and Design courses. Admission to these courses is conducted on the basis of the VITEEE scores.
As per the official website vit.ac.in, the VIT is recognized as an Institution of Eminence by the Government of India. It has also earned accolades such as the No. 1 private University for Innovation and is globally ranked among the top 3 universities by QS Global World Ranking. VIT is also ranked among the top 301-400 universities in the world for Computer Science, by the Times Higher Education World Ranking.
Q1. I did not have Physics & Maths as compulsory subjects in 10+2. Am I eligible for VIT B.Tech Admission?
Q2. Is there any application fee involved in VITEEE 2021?
Q3. What is the level of difficulty of the VITEEE exam?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.