VITMEE Counselling 2020 – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) conducts the VITMEE Counselling 2020 at VIT campuses – Vellore, Chennai & Bhopal as per the schedule. After the examination, the university releases a Merit List on the official website, vit.ac.in. All the qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process to get admission into M.Tech/ MCA and Integrated Ph.D Programmes. Candidates can download the Counselling/ Interview call letter from the official website to appear for VITMEE 2020 Counselling. Candidates shall have to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 11,800 which is non – refundable. Learn more about VITMEE counselling 2020 from this page.
VITMEE Counseling 2020
Candidates will be short-listed for counseling on the basis of their performance in the VIT Master’s Entrance Examination (VITMEE) Rank. Attending counseling process alone will not assure admission since the seat allotment will be based on the merit list and there will be a chance that some may not get admission if the seats are filled before their rank/ turn comes.
|VITMEE 2020 Counselling||Important Dates|
|Publication of Short listed candidates|
3rd week of Aug 2020
|M.Tech Automotive Counselling|
3rd week of Aug 2020
|Publication of Short listed M.Tech courses|
3rd week of Aug 2020
to be announced
|Integrated Ph.D Programmes counselling|
|Last Date of Payment of Balance Fees|
Counselling: To check more details about VITMEE 2020 Counselling, candidates can visit the official website, vit.ac.in.
The counseling fees will be Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. The candidate’s name will be removed from the admission list if he /she fails to pay the advance at the time of the Interview.
VITMEE 2020 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can check the procedure for counselling given below. After qualifying the examination candidates are required to follow certain steps in order to take admission.
The Counselling is going to take place at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, and Bhopal.
- Candidates must produce the admit card at the time of interview.
- The candidates will get shortlisted for counselling as per their performance in VITMEE and a rank will be allotted to them.
- The candidates who will get shortlisted they have to pay some amount as Counselling Fee. It is to be noted that the counselling fee is non – refundable.
- The name of the candidates will be removed from the admission list if he / she fails to pay the advance at the time of interview.
Documents to be produced at the time of counseling/interview
The Candidate shall produce the following documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies while reporting for counseling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these documents.
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters/ years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final/ final year as applicable
- Qualifying degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer/Migration/College Leaving Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received).
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech. (if applicable)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates for M.Tech. Programmes only)
- Community Certificate (for all categories except OC/ General).
- Demand Draft
What after Document Verification?
The candidates are bound to keep certain things in mind, which have to be followed after the Counselling.
It is only after the verification of documents candidates can participate in the Counselling. The documents such as mark sheets of the qualifying examination and state of eligibility will be thoroughly checked. If a candidate fails to produce any of the documents mentioned above, his / her admission will be canceled.
If after giving the fee and obtaining provisional admission letter, a candidate fails to qualify the qualifying examination, the provisional admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of fee. Also, another thing which has to be duly noted is that the seat and campus for a programme once allotted is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.