Candidates who will qualify for the VITMEE 2019 will get admitted into M.Tech / MCA programme at VIT University. The University will issue a merit list which contains the list of candidates who can appear in counseling. The VITMEE 2019 counseling will take place in the month of June 2019. The university will publish the list of selected candidates on its official website. To know more about VITMEE Counselling 2019, candidates can go through this article.
VITMEE Counseling 2019
Candidates will be short-listed for counseling on the basis of their performance in the VIT Master’s Entrance Examination (VITMEE) Rank. Attending counseling process alone will not assure admission since the seat allotment will be based on the merit list and there will be a chance that some may not get admission if the seats are filled before their rank/ turn comes.
|Publication of Short Listed Applicants||2nd week of Jun 2019|
|Dates for Counselling|
|M.Tech – Automotive||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|MCA||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Other M.Tech||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|M.Tech (by Res.)||Last week of Jun 2019|
|Integ. Ph.D||Last week of Jun 2019|
|Last Date of Payment of Balance Fees||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||Last week of Jul 2019|
The counseling fees will be Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. The candidate’s name will be removed from the admission list if he /she fails to pay the advance at the time of the Interview.
VITMEE 2019 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can check the procedure for counselling given below. After qualifying the examination candidates are required to follow certain steps in order to take admission.
The Counselling is going to take place at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, and Bhopal.
- Candidates must produce the admit card at the time of interview.
- The candidates will get shortlisted for counselling as per their performance in VITMEE and a rank will be allotted to them.
- The candidates who will get shortlisted they have to pay some amount as Counselling Fee. It is to be noted that the counselling fee is non – refundable.
- The name of the candidates will be removed from the admission list if he / she fails to pay the advance at the time of interview.
Documents to be produced at the time of counseling/interview
The Candidate shall produce the following documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies while reporting for counseling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these documents.
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters/ years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final/ final year as applicable
- Qualifying degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer/Migration/College Leaving Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received).
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech. (if applicable)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates for M.Tech. Programmes only)
- Community Certificate (for all categories except OC/ General).
- Demand Draft
What after Document Verification?
The candidates are bound to keep certain things in mind, which have to be followed after the Counselling.
It is only after the verification of documents candidates can participate in the Counselling. The documents such as mark sheets of the qualifying examination and state of eligibility will be thoroughly checked. If a candidate fails to produce any of the documents mentioned above, his / her admission will be canceled.
If after giving the fee and obtaining provisional admission letter, a candidate fails to qualify the qualifying examination, the provisional admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of fee. Also, another thing which has to be duly noted is that the seat and campus for a programme once allotted is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.