The VNIT Nagpur has released a notification in regard of M.Sc. admission for the academic session 2018 – 2020. The VNIT Nagpur offers M.Sc. programme in various core disciplines such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The admission to M.Sc. programme will be through Centralised Counselling (CCMN 2018) based on the IIT JAM 2018 Score. The candidates can get all the details about VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission 2018 on this page.
VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission 2018
The VNIT Nagpur admits the eligible candidates to the M.Sc course through the Centralised Counselling (CCMN). The selection is based on IIT JAM 2018 Score. All the candidates who have appeared for IIT JAM 2018 can register for the Centralised Counselling after the result of IIT JAM 2018 will declare.
The vacant seats after CCMN-2018 spot round, if any, will be filled through the Institute written test conducted by VNIT. Details of the Application Procedure for the Institute Written Test will be available shortly.
Schedule for VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission 2018 is given here.
|Registration and Submission of online Application Forms||First week of Apr 2018|
|Downloading of Admit Card||Second week of May 2018|
|Institute Written Test||Third week of May 2018|
|Display of merit list of Institute written test||Second week of Jun 2018|
|Operation of the merit list of Institute written test||Will be displayed later|
|Start of Semester||Jul 2018|
B.Sc./Bachelor degree with minimum 60% marks aggregate or equivalent grade [55% marks aggregate or equivalent grade in case of candidates from SC/ST/PWD category] with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics as one of the main subject to be eligible for the respective M.Sc. Programme. In addition, the candidate is expected to meet the following eligibility requirement:
- M.Sc. (Physics) : Candidate should have Physics at B.Sc./Bachelor degree Level in all the three years along with Mathematics as one of the subjects
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) : Candidate should have Chemistry at B.Sc./Bachelor degree Level in all the three years and any other combination + Mathematics at 10+2 level is essential.
- M.Sc. (Mathematics) : Candidate should have Mathematics at B.Sc. /Bachelor degree Level in all the three years and any other combination.
Candidate appearing in the final year of B.S./Bachelor degree programme will also apply. Such candidate, if selected for admission, should produce an authentication letter from the competent authority stating that his/ her result is awaited. However, the candidate will have to submit the mark sheet of the final year of B.Sc/ Bachelor degree programme failing which his/ her admission stands cancelled. It is hereby clarified that this facility is not available to candidates who have appeared for supplementary, backlog or any improvement paper.
Online Registration/ Application process for VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission 2018 will be available on official website. Candidates will register and fill the online application form for the M.Sc. programme of your interest at the link www.vnit.ac.in. Eligible & interested candidates will also register and fill the online application form through the direct link which will be provided here.
Instruction for filling the Online Application Form
Step-1: Click New Registration on the login page. You will be directed to Registration Form page. Fill the details & upload the photo and signature.
Step-2: Click Submit the registration after filling all the entries. You will be directed to view page. (Don’t forget the password that you have entered)
Step-3: Verify your filled information.
- If you wish to change incorrect entries, if any, click Edit. You will be directed back to the Registration page. Fill the correct entries carefully and Click Submit at the end of this page. (Don’t forget the password that you have entered)
- If the entries made are correct, click Confirm. You will be directed to next page where the Application-ID and password will be displayed. Note down these, as these details will be useful for further process.
Step-4: Make the Payment through State Bank Collect Portal. Make sure that the information provided and the payment made through State Bank Collect is correct. Incorrect/mismatch of information of the candidate leads to cancellation of the Registration at any stage. After the successful payment, note down the Payment Reference Number.
Step-5: Login to through the VNIT online registration portal using your Application-ID and password. You will be directed to a page where you need to enter the SB Collect Payment Reference Number. After filling the valid Payment Reference Number, click Submit. You will be directed to the next page where the instructions for downloading the Admit Card will be available. Your Registration is complete at this stage. However, you need to download the Admit card as per the given instructions. Admit card shall not be sent to the individuals.
Step-6: Login to the Institute Written Test Portal to download and print the Admit Card.
The seat matrix for the M.Sc. Programmes for the year 2018 is as follows:
|Department||Number of Seats|
The admissions for the M.Sc Programmes for the Academic Year 2018 will be through Centralized Counseling for M.Sc. Admissions (CCMN-2018) based on the IIT-JAM score.
The vacant seats after CCMN-2018 final round, if any, will be filled through the Institute Written Test conducted by VNIT. This test will be open to all the candidates irrespective of whether they have appeared for JAM or not. Registration at the CCMN-2018 website is not necessary to apply for the VNIT Institute Written Test.
The details about the Institute Written Test are given in a separate document.
Documents/Certificates Verification at the time of Institute Reporting:
The candidate will have to show all the following documents in original at the time of Institute Reporting:
- JAM scorecard.
- Photo ID proof (Aadhar/PAN/Driving license/passport etc.)
- Qualifying Examination Degree Certificates.
- Original Birth Certificate or Class X Board Certificate mentioning date-of-birth.
- Mark lists of all semesters of Qualifying degree of which results are declared.
- Transfer Certificate / Institute leaving certificate.
- Caste Certificate as applicable for reserved category. For OBC candidate, valid non-creamy layer (NCL) certificate as per formats of certificates published by CCMN-2018 (in the Central Govt. format) is essential. Candidates not having this valid certificate will not be entertained for the admission process.
- Candidates having caste certificate (OBC/SC/ST) issued by Maharashtra State are required to produce original caste validity certificate issued by the competent authority of Maharashtra State, at the time of admission.
- University Migration Certificate
- Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case result is awaited. Such candidate shall submit the proof of final B.Sc./Bachelor degree results failing which his / her admission stands cancelled.
- Original Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority.
- Demand Draft of required Institute Fees.
- Three color passport size photographs.
- Two sets of self-attested photocopies of all the above certificates as applicable in the same order.
Note: In case Original Transfer / Migration certificate is not available during Institute Reporting, candidates can give an undertaking that they will submit the same. If the candidate fails to submit the Original Transfer / Migration certificate by the specified date, his/her admission stands cancelled.
Last Year Fee information for M.Sc. Admission is as under:
Fees per year
One time fees
Total Fees to be paid at the time of admission 11100 + 12900 = Rs 24000.00
Admission fee collected by CCMN 2018 will be adjusted against this amount; hostel charges are separate & not part of above fees.
Note: In addition to above fees, Convocation fees of Rs 500/- and Thesis/Dissertation evaluation fees of Rs 1500/- shall be charged in 4th semester of M.Sc. Programme.
For More Details Regarding VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission check 2017’s – Information Brochure.
Insofar, only official notice of VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission 2018 has been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as VNIT Nagpur releases VNIT Nagpur M.Sc Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.