The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Odisha has issued a notification for admission to the full-time Regular M.Tech Programme offered by various Departments. Interested candidates can check all the details of VSSUT M.Tech Admission 2017 like course offered, application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
VSSUT M.Tech Admission 2017
Interested candidates can submit the application form on or before schedule date mentioned below. Before going to apply candidates must check all the details carefully.
|Availability of Applciation Form||21 Apr 2017|
|Last date for receiving application form||21 May 2017|
The following specializations are offered by various departments of the University.
If a candidate is interested to apply for M.Tech Admission in more than one discipline/specialization (Department), then he/she has to submit separate applications with requisite fees. In no case, any candidate shall be considered more than one department with one application. Admission shall be carried out strictly according to the merit and choice of specializations chosen during submission of application.
Application Form 2017
The interested Candidates shall download the application form from the University website: www.vssut.ac.in and send a hard copy of the completed application duly signed by the candidate along with the documents mentioned below by Speed / Regd. Post so as to reach the Dean, PGS&R, VSSUT, Burla by 21.05.2017. The envelope containing the application should be super scribed as “Application for M.Tech Programme 2017” along with name of the Department (specialization) as applicable.
Documents to be enclosed
- Non-refundable demand draft of Rs 500/-(Rs 200/- in case of SC/ST Candidates) in favour of VSSUT, Burla payable at SBI, Burla (Code-2034) or Syndicate Bank, VSSUT (Code-8062).
- Attested copy of certificate of 10th / Equivalent Examination.
- Attested copy of certificate of +2 Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
- Attested copy of certificate of B.Tech / Equivalent Examination.
- Attested copy of Grade sheets / Mark sheets of the 10th / Equivalent Examination.
- Attested copy of Grade sheets / Mark sheets of the +2 Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
- Attested copy of Grade sheets / Mark sheets of all the semesters of B.Tech / Equivalent Examination.
- Attested copy of valid GATE Score.
- Attested copy of SC/ST caste certificate, if applicable.
- The Candidates, who have not passed the final B.Tech Examination, but have already appeared the above examination, shall submit the following documents in place of documents mentioned in Sl. Nos.4 and 7.
(i) Appeared certificate of final Semester of B.Tech Examination from the Head of institution in original.
(ii) Grade Sheet/ Mark sheets of all the Semester of B.Tech Examination except final Semester duly authenticated by the Head of Institution.
The candidates satisfying the following criteria are eligible for admission to M.Tech Programmes in VSSUT, Burla.
- The minimum qualification for admission to any M.Tech programme is B.Tech/equivalent in the relevant discipline.
- Candidates with degrees considered equivalent to B.Tech such as those obtained in the examinations conducted by Professional bodies (such as AMIE and AMIM) are also eligible for admission.
All such candidates seeking admission to any M.Tech programme must have secured 60% (or 6.5 CGPA) in B.Tech or equivalent examination (Section-B for AMIE).
The following procedures shall be adapted for selection of candidates for admission into M.Tech Programmes in VSSUT, Burla.
- Candidates with valid GATE score and satisfying requirement as specified in Section 1.1 & 1.2 can be given admission to any M.Tech Programme on the basis of their GATE scores directly. This is applicable for both General and SC/ST candidates, SC/ST candidates being considered separately for seats reserved for the purpose.
- When sufficient number of GATE qualified candidates are not available for admission to any M.Tech Programme, students meeting the rest of the admission criteria can be admitted on the basis of merit as per the guidelines given under item (c). They, however, will not be entitled to get any scholarship from Government sources.
- For candidate without a valid GATE Score, the Departments shall prepare the merit list on the basis of career marking as follows:
Total career marking: 100 marks
- 10th /equivalent Examination: 25 marks
Marks to be obtained = (Percentage of marks secured/100) x 25( CGPA/10) x 25 (on 10 point grade scale)
- 2 Sc/equivalent Examination: 35 marks
Marks to be obtained = (Percentage of marks secured/100) x 35 Or (CGPA/10) x 35 (on 10 point grade scale)
- B.Tech/Equivalent Examination: 40 marks
Marks to be obtained = (Percentage of marks secured/100 x 40) Or (CGPA/10) x 40 (on 10 point grade scale)Qualifying marks for General: 45 marks
Qualifying marks for SC/ST: 40 marks
- 10th /equivalent Examination: 25 marks
(Universities/Institutions sometime record their own conversion of marks to grade or vice versa on their grade sheets. Under such circumstances VSSUT, Burla will accept only the original mode of evaluation ignoring the conversion).
Candidates who have appeared in their final B.E/B.Tech Examinations, but results have not been declared may also be provisionally admitted to the M.Tech programme if otherwise found suitable. However, they shall have to submit the final grade sheet and provisional pass certificate latest by 30th September 2017, failing which the provisional admission shall be cancelled. In this case the percentage of marks shall be computed from the marks/grades secured in all semesters excluding the final B.Tech examination. The candidates who would have not submitted the mark sheets/grade sheets of all the semesters except 8th Semester (final) semester, their cases shall not be considered for admission into M.Tech Programme. Copies of the mark sheets/grade sheets submitted by the candidates must be authenticated by their Head of Institution failing which their cases shall not be considered.
For more details of VSSUT M.Tech Admission 2017 – Download Official Notification.