VSUPGCET 2017 is organized by Vikram Simhapuri University. Admission process started with release of notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for admission into various post graduate courses (M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.S.W., M.Ed and M.P.Ed) at its constituent and affiliated colleges during the academic year 2017-18. The admissions into the above courses are through the Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests conducted by Vikrama Simhapuri University, VSUPGCET 2017. The admissions are governed by the VSUPGCET 2017 rules and regulations. The Advisory Committee of VSUPGCET 2017 reserves the right to change or modify any of the rules.
After the declaration of result of the Entrance test, Counselling for Vikram Simhapuri University Admission will start. All admissions pertaining to all the colleges would be made through web counseling conducted by the VSUPGCET Office, V S University, Nellore. Get here complete information regarding VSUPGCET 2017 such as application process, eligibility criteria, seats and so on.
Schedule for the VSUPGCET 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of uploading / submission of online applications||1st week of Apr 2017|
|Last date for submission of online applications||30 Apr 2017|
|Last date for submission of application with late fee||07 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of printout of application in VSUPGCET office||12 May 2017|
|Downloading Hall ticket from website||16 May 2017|
|Schedule for the Entrance Tests||23, 24, 25 & 26 May 2017|
|Declaration of Result||27 May 2017|
|Phase I Counselling||28 Jun 2017 to 01 Jul 2017|
VSUPGCET 2017 Counselling
Phase 1 Counselling Schedule
VSUPGCET 1st Phase counselling Schedule has been released. The counselling will be held in Dr C V Raman Seminar Hall, Potti Sriramulu Bhavan at Vikrama Simhapuri University College, Kakuturu, Nellore. The following is the schedule of Phase-I Counselling for admission into PG Courses in Vikrama Simhapuri University for the academic year 2017-18.
Phase 2 Counselling Schedule
The following is the schedule of Phase-2 Counselling for admission into PG Courses in Vikrama Simhapuri University for the academic year 2017-18.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES / FEE PARTICULARS
VSUPGCET 2017 Result and Rank Card
There is no qualifying marks in VSUPGCET-2017 Entrance test. All the candidates appeared for the Entrance test will be awarded test-wise Rank as per marks secured in the test appeared.
When there is a tie on the basis of marks obtained in the test as a whole, it will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in Section C. If there is still a tie, it will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in Section B. If there is still a tie, it will be resolved as per seniority in age.
Rank cards shall be downloaded from the website www.vsudoa.in after the publication of VSUPGCET 2017 results. Rank cards will not be sent by post,
The rank obtained in VSUPGCET-2017 is valid for admission for the academic year 2017-17 only. There is no provision for REVALUATION or PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION of answer sheet.
Check result here: Click here to check VSUPGCET 2017 Result.
Toppers: Click here for VSUPGCET 2017 Top Rankers List.
VSUPGCET 2017 Application Form
The application should be submitted through on-line only at the website www.vsupgcet.in by registering the name and other details. A Separate registration is not required for each Test. The Candidate can apply more than one test in single registration. Such candidates have to pay the applicable fee depend upon the tests selected. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before online application. Candidates can also fill their online application from the direct link provided below.
- Apply Online – Process is over…!!!
- For SC / ST / PH – Rs. 300
- For others – Rs. 400/-20
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized University.
- For admission into M.A. Economics, English, Political Science & Public Administration, Telugu, M.Sc. Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology (where the concerned subject is compulsory in the degree), the candidate should have at least 40% marks in the concerned subject.
- For admission into any other course, the candidate should have at least 40% aggregate marks in the group subjects.
- For admission into M.Ed., the aggregate marks in B.Ed. should be at least 50% and the aggregate marks in degree/PG should be at least 45%.
- Pass is sufficient for SC/ST candidates for admission into any course.
- A candidate who has already passed the qualifying examination or who has appeared / is appearing for the final year annual examination in 2017 is eligible to apply.
- Supplementary candidates of 2017 are not eligible for admission during 2017-18.
Eligibility criteria fixed for each course, candidates can check the same from the information brochure attached at the bottom on this page.
Seats allocated for different reserved categories are as follows: SC-15%, ST-6%, BCA- 7%,BCB-10%, BCC-1%, BCD-7%, BCE-4%, Extra Curricular Activities–3% (NCC-1%, NSS-1%, Games & Sports-1%), PH (Physically handicapped)-3% and CAP (Children of Armed Personnel)-2%. Both local and non-local candidates are considered for CAP quota.
Reservation for women: 33.33% of the seats are reserved for women candidates in each category (i.e., OPEN, SC, ST, BC, ECA and PH). This rule is not applied if women candidates selected on merit in a category form one third or more of the seats therein. If there are no suitable women candidates in a category, the seats will be filled with men candidates of the same category.
VSUPGCET 2017 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Vikram Simhapuri University has released the Admit card for the Entrance test after the completion of Application process. Hall tickets will not be sent by post. Candidates have to download the hall tickets from the website www.vsudoa.in by entering the application number given in the student copy of the Registration form, before the commencement of the VSUPGCET 2017 tests.
- Admit Card Process are over…!!
VSUPGCET-2017 hall ticket is to be preserved carefully and produced at the time of admission.
- There is a prescribed syllabus for each entrance test as given in Section Q. The syllabus of each test consists of Section A for 30 marks, Section B for 30 marks and Section C for 40 marks for all subject tests except for Physical Education (M.P.Ed). Where as for Physical Education subject test 50 marks each are allotted for Section A and Section B.
- Each entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration with 100 multiple choice questions. Each question carries one mark and there is no negative mark for wrong answer.
- The test papers for English and Computer Science will be in English; Telugu test will be in Telugu. For all other tests, the question papers will be in both English and Telugu.
- No candidate will be permitted into the examination hall without proper hall ticket.
- Calculators, books, papers, mathematical & physical tables, slide rulers, pagers, electronic organizers, digital diaries, cellular phones or any other calculating aids are not allowed into the examination hall.
- Candidate should answer only on the OMR SHEET supplied to him/her with name, hall ticket number and photo printed on it.
- Candidate should return both the question paper booklet and OMR Answer Sheet, before leaving the Examination hall.
Note: When the number of applications is less than the number of seats for any test , the test will not be conducted and admissions will be made based on the marks obtained in qualifying degree.
All admissions pertaining to all the colleges would be made through web counseling conducted by the VSUPGCET Office, V S University, Nellore
- The special category admissions (i.e. PH / NCC / NSS / CAP and Sports) will be conducted through offline mode. It will be done at VSUPGCET office, Nellore. after the Certificate Verification.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with minimum percentage of marks as mentioned in Item C , when he/she is called for the Certificate Verification for admission, failing which the qualified candidates next in rank would be allowed.
- Guidelines for certificates verification and web options will be intimated after test results.
- Candidates have to attend the Certificate Verification at V S University College, Kakutur, Nellore, at their own expenses with the required documents and fees.
- If a candidate fails to attend the Certificate Verification at the specified date and time for whatever reason he/she shall forfeit the seat and the candidate next in rank will be considered for Certificate Verification. Any representation for postponement of the date and time of personal appearance will not be entertained.
- If a candidate reports himself/herself after the Certificate Verification is over with some valid reason, such a candidate on written representation may be considered for Certificate Verification into the course if only there is a vacancy in the particular category for which he/she is eligible.
At the time of Certificate Verification at V S University, Nellore, the following original documents should be submitted by the candidate:
- VSUPGCET-2017 Rank card and Hall Ticket.
- Marks statements and Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Transfer and Conduct certificates (Admission will not be given if T.C. from the institution where the candidate studied last is not submitted) **
- SSC and Intermediate pass certificates
- Two Passport size photographs
- Study certificates from IX class to qualifying examination
- Caste certificate in original from the Tahshildar in case of SC/ST/BC candidates, obtained in the year 2017 OR permanent caste certificate
- Income certificate from the Tahshildar obtained in 2017 (for those who wish to apply for Scholarship/ fee concession). Fee concession if eligible, will not be given if income certificate is not submitted.
- Relevant certificate in case of Physically Challenged / Extra Curricular Activities (NCC/NSS/Games & Sports / Cultural Activity) category.
- Discharge certificate and service certificate of the parent in case of a child of armed person.
- Residence Certificate of parents for stay in the state of A.P. from Tahshildar in case of candidates, who have studied outside A.P./ carried out private study.
- Migration certificate (for other University candidates)
The VSUPGCET Office issue the Scratch Card / OTP to each eligible candidate. It should be preserved by the candidate until the admission procedure is completed.
The cases of pending revaluation will not be considered.
*Note: Bonafide / Course completion Certificates are not allowed for Admission instead of Transfer Certificate)
In most cases, syllabi prescribed for the entrance tests relate to the common core First year syllabus of 2014-15, Second year syllabus of 2015-16 and Third year syllabus of 2016-17 as followed in Vikrama Simhapuri University. Detailed syllabus can be downloaded from the University web site.
- Test-101 Biochemistry
Section A: Paper-I (Biomolecules and Enzymology)
Section B: Paper-II (Metabolism and Biochemical Techniques)
Section C: Paper-III (Physiology, Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology)
- Test-102 Biotechnology
Section A: Paper-I (Cell Biology and Genetics)
Section B: Paper-II (Biological Chemistry and Microbiology)
Section C: Paper-IV (Applications of Biotechnology)
- Test-103 Botany
Section A: Paper-I (Microbial diversity, Cryptograms and Gymnosperms)
Section B: Paper-II (Anatomy, Embryology, Taxonomy and Medicinal Botany)
Section C: Paper-III (Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology and Biodiversity)
- Test-104 Chemistry
Section A: Inorganic Chemistry of three years
Section B: Physical Chemistry of three years
Section C: Organic Chemistry of three years
- Test-105 Computer Science
Section A: Paper-I (PC Software and ‘C’ Programming)
Section B: Paper-II (Object Oriented Programming with Java and Data Structures)
Section C: Paper-III (Modern Data Base Management Systems)
- Test-106 Food Technology
Section A: Basic food groups – Food constituents, nutrients, and Food requirements
Section B: Fundamentals of Food Science, Chemistry, Processing and Preparation
Section C: Nutrition for growth and development – Food spoilage and preservation.
- Test-107 Marine Biology
Section A: Biology of Invertebrates and Cell biology
Section B: Animal Physiology, Ecology, Evolution and Genetics
Section C: Fishery Science
- Test-108 Mathematics
Section A: Paper-I (Differential Equations and Solid Geometry)
Section B: Paper-II (Abstract Algebra and Real Analysis)
Section C: Paper-III (Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus)
- Test-109 Physics
Section A: Paper-I (Mechanics, Waves and Oscillations)
Section B: Paper-II (Thermodynamics and Optics)
Section C: Paper-III (Electricity, Magnetism and Electronics)
- Test-110 Statistics
Section A: Paper-I (Descriptive Statistics and Probability and Distributions)
Section B: Paper-II (Statistical Methods and Inference)
Section C: Paper-III (Applied Statistics)
- Test-111 Zoology
Section A: Paper-I (Biology of Invertebrates and Cell Biology)
Section B: Paper-II (Biology of Chordates, Embryology, Ecology and Zoogeography)
Section C: Paper-III (Animal Physiology, Genetics and Evolution)
- Test-112 Microbiology
Section A: Paper-I (Introductory Microbiology)
Section B: Paper-II (Microbial Physiology and Genetics)
Section C: Paper-IV (Applied Microbiology)
- Test-201 Commerce
Section A: Paper-I (Financial Accounting); Paper-II (Business Economics)
Section B: Paper-V (Advanced Accounting); Paper-VIII (Taxation)
Section C: Paper-X (Cost and Management Accounting); Paper-XI (Business Law)
- Test-202 Economics
Section A: Paper-I (Micro Economics)
Section B: Paper-II (Macro Economics)
Section C: Paper-III (Indian Economy)
- Test-203 Education
Section A: Paper-I (Foundations of education)
Section B: Paper-II (Psychological foundations of education)
Section C: Paper-III (Educational Technology and Computer Education);
Paper IV (School Management and Systems of Education)
- Test-204 English
Section A: Paper-I Studied under Part-I English
Section B: Paper-II Studied under Part-I English
Section C: Paper-III (Drama); Paper-IV (Novel) Studied under part II Advanced English of B.A.
- Test-205 Political Science & Public Administration
Section A: Concepts and theories of Political Science.
Concepts and theories of Public Administration
Section B: Indian Government and Politics
Section C: Political thought
Management of resources: Human resource management, Financial management.
- Test-206 Social Work
Section A: Social work profession, philosophy and basic social science concepts
Section B: Social work intervention – Basic methods
Section C: Social work intervention – Auxiliary methods; Social work with women and children.
- Test-207 Telugu
Section A: Paper-I Studied under Part-I Telugu
Section B: Paper-II Studied under Part-I Telugu
Section C: Paper-II (Modern Language and History of Telugu Literature);
Paper-III (History of A.P. Language – Grammar and Dialects)
Studied under Part II Advanced Telugu of B.A.
Admissions into 5 year Integrated courses & Diploma courses will be based on the marks obtained qualifying examination.
For more details of VSUPGCET 2017 – Download Information Brochure.
Previous Year Question Paper
|Subject Name||Subject Name||Subject Name||Subject Name|
|Social Work||Commerce||Computer science||Social Work|
|Marine Biology||Marine Biology||Statistics|
|Political Science & Public Administration||Mathematics||Telugu|