WBJEE 2018 Result – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has announced WBJEE Result 2018 on May 23, 2018. Candidates can download WBJEE 2018 Rank Card at wbjeeb.nic.in login and wbjeeb.in login. Those who appeared for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) on April 22, 2018, can check WBJEE Result at wbjeeb.in as per schedule. For the purpose of checking result, candidates have to log in using application number and password. The counselling is expected to begin in June. On basis of rank obtained, candidates can participate in counselling of WBJEE 2018 for admission to undergraduate engineering, architecture, pharmacy courses.
WBJEE 2018 Result
After successfully conducting exam, WBJEEB published provisional answer key, followed by final answer keys, and is finally publishing result. Papers of candidates have been checked and their marks calculated. All candidates can check WBJEE 2018 result as per schedule given below.
|WBJEE 2018 Result Declaration||Date||Time|
|23 May 2018|
Check Result Here:
What is your rank? Share your result in comments below!
How to Check WBJEE 2018 Result?
You can check result in online mode only. All you need to check it is either a mobile phone or computer with internet connection. However please note that in order to download WBJEE 2018 rank card, you need a printer also. Steps to check WBJEE 2018 Result are as follows:
- Click on the link above to check WBJEE 2018 Result.
- Then, the candidate will have to log in using the application number, password and security pin.
- After successful login, the results will be displayed to the candidates.
- Candidates can check their respective results and ranks by downloading the WBJEE 2018 Result.
- Lastly, take a print out of the rank card for the further admission process after WBJEE 2018 Result.
Details Mentioned on the WBJEE 2018 Rank Card
The WBJEE Rank Card 2018 will contain the following details:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics – Paper 1
- Marks obtained in Physics and Chemistry – Paper 2
- Total marks secured in the examination
- Rank obtained by the candidated
How to Obtain Duplicate Rank Card?
If a candidate needs a duplicate rank card even after completion of counseling and admission conducted by the Board, the same can be provided, but only until July 31, 2018. In order to get a duplicate rank card, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by Demand Draft drawn in favor of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
WBJEE 2018 Merit Lists
Based on the papers followed by marks scored there-of, two separate Merit Rank Lists shall be published by the Board as per the following details:
General Merit Rank: (GMR)
- The GMR shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- This list shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2018 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-2 and paper-2 will secure both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off mark.
Pharmacy Merit Rank: (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2018 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-I will not get any rank
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates obtain an equal score in the entrance examination, in such a case the tie will be resolved by applying the following methods in the following order for WBJEE 2018 Result:
Tie-breaking Rule for GMR
- Candidate who will secure less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken
together will be considered higher in merit.
- Another scenario could if the tie still exists, the candidate who will score more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be placed higher. If this does not break the tie, the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together will be placed higher in merit.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference.
- Next method to break the tie could be to give preference to the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher if the tie is still not resolved. Followed by more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, and then more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions if the tie is still not resolved.
- If the tie is still not resolved by applying the above methods, then the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher.
- To break the tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher in merit.
- The final tie-breaker criteria will be by considering the date of birth of the candidate, The older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
Tie-breaking Rule for PMR
- Less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered if the tie is not resolved by applying the above methods. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
WBJEE Cut Off 2018
The cut off for WBJEE 2018 is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidate need to obtain in the entrance examination to qualify it. The WBJEEB publishes the opening rank and closing rank, on the basis of which candidates are shortlisted for WBJEE 2018 Counselling. The WBJEE 2018 Cut off is not yet announced. However, a candidate can check previous year statistics and set their goal.
Previous Year Cut Off
To know the previous year cutoff of WBJEE candidates can check the opening and the closing rank. It states the lowest rank at which the admission to an institute began and highest rank at which it ended. It will be determined according to the score obtained by the candidate in the exam, WBJEE Rank, the number of seat availability, the level of difficulty in the exam, the number of candidates appeared. The expected WBJEE 2018 cutoff can be evaluated on the basis of past year opening and closing rank, of top 10 institutes.
WBJEE Opening and Closing Ranks (Last Year)
The opening and closing rank as per last year’s information is as follows:
|College Names||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||202||10123|
|RCC Insitute of Engineering and Technology||613||3823|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||695||4376|
|Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||1935||10423|
|University Institute of Technology, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan||901||8323|
|Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||496||1657|
|National Power Training Institute, Durgapur||1946||4225|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering College||1645||101465|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||326||1965|
WBJEE Counselling 2018
The counselling details and dates will be announced after declaring WBJEE 2018 Result. The candidates will be able to check all the details about the exam from www.wbjeeb.nic.in. The Board will only allow those candidates to appear for the counselling, who will qualify the exam as per WBJEE Result and will fulfill all the eligibility criteria. During the counselling, the candidates will have to present in person.
The course and institute-wise seat matrix will also be provided with the counselling details. Before the counselling, the documents will be verified by the candidates at the reporting center. The reporting center address and other details will be soon provided to candidates.
|OBC A PH||7|
|OBC B PH||6|
Official Notification for WBJEE 2018 Result