WBJEE 2020 Result – The direct link to check WBJEE result 2020 is available now, at wbjeeb.nic.in. You can check it from below. Raiganj boy Souradeep Das has topped the exam. Candidates can check the result from the login, by entering application number and password. The result of WBJEE 2020 contains rank and score of the candidates. On the basis of WBJEE rank, seat is allocated in the counselling. Know how to check WBJEE 2020 result, details in it, and more information from this page.
How to Download and Check WBJEE 2020 Result?
The students might note that the result of WBJEE 2020 is declared as a rank card. The result shall have a rank that is decided as per the marks that the candidates get in the exam. Important thing here is that only those candidates who can see a rank in their rank card will be eligible for counselling and admission process.
WBJEE Result: Click Here to check WBJEE 2020 result.
Step 1: Click on the link given above.
Step 2: Next, enter the application number and password in the login window that opens after following the step given above.
Step 3: After entering the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 4: Next, download the rank card that will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Lastly, take 2-3 printouts of the rank card for future reference.
On the rank card of WBJEE 2020 candidates can check: Name, Date of birth, Roll number, Application number, Domicile, Gender, Category, PwD or not, Section-wise scores, Total scores, GMR / PMR rank
WBJEE 2020 Result – Live Update
Here are all the live updates for WBJEE result 2020.
- In WBJEE 2020 around 71%students have qualified.
- 29% students from other state has cracked the exam.
- Souradeep Das, from Uttar Dinajpur, secured rank 1 in the exam.
- Counselling for WBJEE 2020 will start next week.
- There are around 2053 seats in over 10 govt. engineering colleges and approx. 28493 seats in 86 private colleges.
Types of WBJEE 2020 Ranks to Understand
Students can notice 2 types of ranks in the WBJEE 2020 rank card. They have been explained below:
- General Merit Rank (GMR):
- It is prepared on the basis of score secured by the candidates in the paper I and paper II, i.e., score secured by the candidates in Mathematics and Physics-Chemistry paper.
- It is used for engineering / technology / architecture / pharmacy admission in the state of West Bengal.
- Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR):
- This rank list is only prepared only on the basis of marks secured in paper II, i.e. in Physics-Chemistry paper.
- On the basis of PMR, only pharmacy seats in the colleges of West Bengal are filled, except for the seats in Jadavpur University.
Based on 2 types of rank the merit lists drawn will be also of 2 types: GMR merit list and PMR merit list.
WBJEE 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria for Merit List Generation
Another important thing that the candidates must note that WBJEEB is not responsible for the generation of any rank list for admission. It is only responsible for rank card generation an allotment of rank. Based on those ranks, merit list is drawn by the counselling conducting body. 2 types of rank list are prepared:
Tie-Breaking rule for GMR
- Firstly, less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry are taken together.
- Then, more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics are taken together.
- If the tie is still there, then, marks in Mathematics and Chemistry are taken together.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics shall be considered.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry shall be considered.
- The candidates with more positive marks in Mathematics for only 02 marker questions will be placed higher.
- The candidates with more positive marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions will be placed higher.
- The candidates with more positive marks in Chemistry for only 02 marker questions will be placed higher.
- Better rank is given to the candidates with less negative marks in Mathematics for only 02 marker questions.
- Better rank is given to the candidates with less negative marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions.
Tie-Breaking rule for PMR
- Better rank is given to the candidates who have less negative marks in Physics and Chemistry
- The candidates with more positive marks in Chemistry will be placed higher
- The candidates with less negative marks in Chemistry are given better rank
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only 02 marker questions shall be considered
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 02 marks questions shall be taken into account
- Better rank is given to the candidates with more positive marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions
- Better rank is given to the candidates with less negative marks in Physics for only 02 marker questions
What After The Declaration of WBJEE 2020 Result?
After the result have been declared, the candidates who get a rank in the exam have to appear for the counselling process. WBJEEB chairman Malayendu Saha had earlier informed the counselling schedule would soon be announced by the Board.
The counselling schedule is released at wbjeeb.in and wbjeeb.nic.in. WBJEE 2020 counselling consists of the online choice filling of the candidates, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification at the counselling centers. For the final round of counselling, the candidates need to appear in person for taking a seat.
However, this year due to COVID-19 situation, the physical document verification process can be changed. All information will be updated soon after the result is declared today.
About WBJEE 2020
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is conducted for admission into UG courses in the Engineering, Technology and Architecture disciplines. WBJEE is a pen-paper based test. It consists of two papers. Paper 1 is Mathematics and Paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry. The duration of the test is 2 hours for each paper. The exam is of total of 200 marks. WBJEE is objective in nature, so it consists of multiple-choice questions. Those who qualify WBJEE are granted admission in Government as well as self-financing Engineering & Technological Institutes of West Bengal.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.