WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment releases at wbjeeb.nic.in. The eligible candidates can register for online counselling on the WBJEE official site. Only those candidates, who registered and fulfill the eligibility criteria are considered for seat allotment of WBJEE 2020. The WBJEE seat allotment is done on the basis of WBJEE 2020/JEE Main 2020 score and merit. The candidates may check complete details about WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment and more from this page.
WBJEE Counselling 2020 Seat Allotment
From the table below, the candidates can check the seat allotment dates for each round of WBJEE 2020 counselling.
|Round 1 seat allotment||Jun 2020|
|Round 2 seat allotment||Jun 2020|
|Round 3 seat allotment||Jul 2020|
Seat Allotment: WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment Result available at the official website wbjeeb.nic.in
There are three rounds for seat allotment. Candidates can get detailed information about seat allotment process below.
First Round of WBJEE Seat Allotment
In the first round, all seats are allotted to the eligible the candidates and result showing institution and course allotted is available on the site. All the candidates who get an allotment have to report to the Reporting Centres for taking provisional admission. Candidates who do not report for provisional admission are considered opted out of the system and their seat is declared vacant for the next round.
Reporting process for candidates getting 1st time in any round of seat allotment.
Candidates who have successfully got their seat allotment for the first time in any of the three rounds have to report at the Reporting Centres. All allotted candidates have to pay the Seat acceptance fee either through e-challan of Allahabad Bank or Debit/ Credit Card and then download the provisional seat allotment letter.
|Allotted Quota||Fee in Rs.|
|State-Aided Universities/ Government Institutes||5,000|
|Self-financing Universities/ Institutes||20,000|
Second Round of WBJEE Seat Allotment
There is no fresh registration and choice filling in second round of counselling. Candidates who are eligible for the 2nd round of seat allotment are categorized into following:
Group 1: Candidates who did not get seat allotment in the 1st round.
For Group 2: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the RC but their allotted seat got cancelled due to non-fulfillment of specified eligibility criteria.
Group 3: Candidates who successfully completed all the admission formalities and submitted willingness “YES” for up-gradation in the following round of seat allotment.
Group 4: Candidates who successfully completed all the admission formalities and submitted willingness “NO” for up-gradation. Such candidates old allotted seat is kept in the same category or in the up-gradation category.
The candidates who are not eligible for 2nd Round of Seat Allotment:
- The candidates who did not report at the RC after seat allotment in the 1st round.
- Candidates who registered and then withdrawn from RC.
- Candidates who became non-eligible due to unconformity of documents.
Business rules for the second round of seat allotment:
For Group 1 and Group 2: All the choices are processed.
As for Group 3: Higher preferred choices are processed only.
For Group 4: Previous allotted choices are processed for category upgradation only
- Candidates of Group 1 and 2 who get a seat allotment in this round need to report to the Reporting Centres for provisional admission, fail to report to the RC, candidates’ seat is cancelled automatically and they are barred in subsequent rounds of counselling
- For candidates of Group 3, only higher preferred choices are processed or their previously allotted seat may remain unchanged. Such candidates need not report to the RC unless they wish to change their willingness from “YES upgradation” to NO upgradation”. Group 3 candidates who had earlier chosen “Yes Upgradation” and now wish to change it to “No Upgradation” should report to the same Reporting Centre during the specified period.
- Candidates of Group 4 whose previous allotted seat remain unchanged, need not report to RC.
Third Round of WBJEE Seat Allotment
The third allotment result is published by the officials. Business rules for eligible and not eligible candidates are the same as described in the 2nd round of counselling. Registered candidates of the 3rd round have to report to the Reporting centers for completion of admission formalities. Conversion takes place in 3rd of counselling.
Change of Willingness:
Candidates who have taken the provisional admission in the 1st round can change their willingness from “YES up-gradation ” to “NO upgradation” after the 2nd round of allotment.
NOTE: Candidates are not allowed to change the option from NO to YES.
- For changing their willingness candidates need to report to the same RC where provisional admission letter was issued for a specified period.
- Procedure for change of option are:
- Candidates have to submit their provisional letter in the first round
- The candidate may need to fill in and sign for change of option.
- A modified letter is then be issued by RC.
- Candidates who did not opt for changing the willingness option, need not report to the Reporting Centre
Refund of fees and Withdrawal of Allotted Seat
- Candidates who wish to withdraw their allotted seat and seek a refund of fee have to report to the same RC where provisional admission was taken as per the specified schedule.
- As per the rules of WBJEEB, refund rules of Ministry of Human Resource Management, Govt. of India vide number F-1-3/ 2007 (CPP-II) dated 23-04-2007 is applicable.