WBJEE 2020: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board conducts West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE). The exam is for students who wish to take admissions in undergraduate courses of engineering and technology, architecture and pharmacy. Students while studying in 11th and 12th class start preparing for the exam. Students can check preparation, syllabus, books and tips for the preparation of the exam from here and for further information students can visit the site wbjeeb.nic.in.
How to Prepare for WBJEE 2020?
Students must follow the syllabus and prepare form the topics given in the syllabus. Students must refer the books of board exams and important books which additionally helps in preparation. Some of the books having solved question from the topics of physics, chemistry and biology should be looked to perform well in the exam. Students must prepare previous year question papers and mock test online to get a best overview of marking scheme of the exam. All of the learning from the books and smart learning from the mock test and previous year question paper will help students to reach confidently at the time of exam.
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of the exam has topics from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects. The topics from Mathematics are given below.
|Admission 2020 Open|
|UPES Deharadun B.Tech Applications Open. Apply Now!!|
|Manipal University Engineering Admission 2020 Open. Apply Now!!|
|LPU NEST 2020 Applications Open. Apply Here!!|
|KIITEE Admission 2020 Applications Open. Apply Now!!|
- A.P,G.P and H.P
- Complex numbers
- Polynomial Equation
- Permutation and combination
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Binomial theorem
- Sets, Relations and Mappings
- Relation and its properties
- Statistics and Probability
- Trigonometric functions
- addition and subtraction formulae
- Multiple and submultiple angles formulae
- General solution of Trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangle
- Inverse trigonometric function and their properties
Coordinate geometry of two dimensions
- Formula of distance, section
- Concept of Locus
- Slope of a line
- Equation of circle with given center and radius
- Definition of conic section, Directrix, Focus and Eccentricity, classification based on eccentricity
Coordinate Geometry of three dimension
- Direction cosines and direction ratios
- Distance between two points and section formula
- Equation of straight line, plane
- Distance of point from a plane
- Differential Calculus
- Rolle’s Theorem and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorem
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Application of Calculus
The topics from physics subject are given below.
- Physical World, Measurement , Units and Dimension
- Laws of motion
- Bulk properties of matter
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillation and waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Particle nature of light and wave particle dualism
The topics from chemistry subject are given below.
- Chemistry Dynamics
- Order and Molecularity
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry of Non-metallic elements and their compounds
- Chemistry of metals
- chemistry in industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aromatic compounds
- Application oriented chmeistry
- Introduction to biomolecules
- Principle of qualitative analysis
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The pattern for the exam is given below.
Language: The language of exam is English only.
Exam Mode: Exam is an offline exam.
Sections: Exam is assessed by taking two papers. Paper – I is the first assessment and will have questions from mathematics subject. Paper – II is the second assessment in which questions will be asked from both physics and chemistry.
Number of Questions: Total number of questions in the exam are 155 in both the papers.
Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked in exam.
The marking scheme of exam is given below
|Section||Marks per Question|
Paper – I and Paper – II
|Number of questions|
|Number of questions|
|Number of questionsChemistry section|
|Category – 1||1 mark||50||30||30|
|Category – 2||2 mark||15||5||5|
|Category – 3||2 mark||10||5||5|
|Marks per Section||100||50||50|
Note – The students who will appear for Paper-I and Paper -II will be able to take admission in engineering or technology or architecture or pharmacy branches but the students who will appear only in Paper-II will be able to take admission in pharmacy course excluding Jadavpur university.
Important Books for WBJEE 2020
The important books form which the students must study are given below.
|Books and Author||Buying Link|
|WB JEE Engineering Entrance Exam Solved Papers||Buy Here|
|Objective Mathematics by RD Sharma||Buy Here|
|Understanding Physics Series by DC Pandey||Buy Here|
|Pradeep Objective Chemistry||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for WBJEE 2020
The preparation tips for the exam are given below.
- Students must prepare from the NCERT books. The additional books from which the students prepare for board exams like Pradeep and Dinesh for chemistry, HC Verma for physics and RD Sharma, arihant books for mathematics.
- Students must practice previous year question papers and mock tests online as the practice before hand can help performing well in the exam.
- Students must prepare a time table and try to solve papers in less time as the duration of the exam becomes short if calculations becomes vast.
- Students must prepare according to the syllabus and timetable before appearing for the exam.
- Students must reach the examination centre before 1 day of exam and be perfectly confident about the preparation they have been doing or prepared beforehand.