WBJEE TFWS – WBJEE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFWS) has been implemented by the Government of West Bengal in order to aid the meritorious and economically backward students domiciled in the West Bengal. Under TFW category, the rank holders can take admission into all the participating universities / university departments / government colleges as well as private and self-financing colleges that offer Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Architecture courses. The selection of the students under TFW category is done on the basis of the merit and the preference of the eligible candidates in WBJEE . To avail this scheme, the candidates must have selected the total family income as below Rs 2.50 lakhs while filling the application form. The candidates cannot apply for this scheme at the time of registration for counselling. Get more information about WBJEE TFWS from this page.
Some important points about WBJEE TFWS
– It must be noted that as per TFW scheme, for all the government as well as private and self-financing Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy colleges, a maximum of 5% of the sanctioned intake per course is available on the supernumerary basis.
– The selection for the students under TFW scheme is decided according to the merit and preference of the eligible candidates in WBJEE.
– To avail this scheme, the students must be a domicile of West Bengal.
– The waiver is only limited to the tuition fee only. All other fees have to be paid by the beneficiary.
Eligibility for WBJEE TFWS
The candidates can check the eligibility for WBJEE TFWS given below.
- The total annual Family Income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand) only.
- The students must be a domicile of West Bengal. The domicile certificate has to be produced during the admission and counselling.
- Submission of Photo-Copy of Domicile Certificate is a mandatory requirement to be considered under this scheme
- Submission of Photo-Copy of Income Certificate is a mandatory requirement to be considered under this scheme.
Requirement for Counselling for TFWS category
The candidates who are TFW rank holders have to be keep in mind the following points:
- TFW rank holder must submit the income certificate. In case, a candidate is unable to upload an acceptable income certificate then, he / she shall not be allotted any seat under TFW category.
- TFW seats are shown as a separate choice for every institute or branch, wherever applicable.
Download Proforma: Click Here to download WBJEE 2020 Proforma for Income Certificate.
Fee to be Paid for Accepting Seat Under WBJEE TFW Category
Check the amount given below that candidates need to submit under TFWS.
|Seat acceptance fee under TFW category||Rs 5000|
Submission of Income Certificate for WBJEE TFWS
The candidates under TFWS category must submit the ‘Income Certificate’ at the time of counselling and admission. If the certificate is found to be invalid then, the respective candidates under TFWS category will lose the opportunity of availing the TFWS. Hence, the system will put the candidate in the General category and the facility shall be available for the 2nd round of counselling.
Procedure for submission of Income Certificate in respect of annual family income in favor of
- Candidates must submit the ‘Income Certificate’ as provided in the Information Brochure of WBJEE.
- The ‘Blank Proforma’ is downloadable in duplicate. Get it downloaded and printed in duplicate on A4 size paper.
- The Certificate must be filled in properly and duly authenticated/signed by a Competent Authority.
- The Duplicate Copy of the Certificate is to be kept with the Office of the Issuing Authority for future reference/verification in the matter.
Note: The candidate must retain the original certificate and shall have to produce it at the Reporting Centre during admission.
Competent Authorities for the issue of Income Certificate in respect of the TFW Scheme are as enlisted below:
For students from the rural region:
- An officer of the State Govt. in the rank of Assitant Secretary or above in State or Central Govt.
- District Magistrate
- Additional District Magistrate
- Sub-divisional officer
- Block Development Officer
Note: The income certificate issued by any elected people’s representative such as municipal commissioner, councillor of Municipal Corporation / Municipality, member of three-tier Panchayat system or GTA, MLA, MP are not acceptable for WBJEE 2020.WBJEEWBJEE 2021
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.