WBJEE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)

Applicable only for undergraduate level engineering / technology / pharmacy / architecture courses. Scope of admission for poor and meritorious students of the State through Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme.

Availability of seats under the Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme

The Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) has been implemented by the Government of West Bengal for meritorious and economically backward students domiciled in West Bengal for admission to all the participating universities/university departments / government colleges as well as private and self financing colleges offering Engineering / Technology /Pharmacy/ Architecture Courses. However, for Universities/University Departments, quantum of availability of such seats is under the discretion of the University Authorities.


For all the government as well as private & self financing Engineering /Technology /Pharmacy colleges, a maximum of 5% of sanctioned intake per course is available on supernumerary basis (over and above the sanctioned seats) for admission under TFW scheme.

Selection of candidates for the TFW scheme shall be decided on the basis of merit and preference of eligible students in WBJEE-2017.

The student must be domiciled in West Bengal and the domicile certificate has to be uploaded during online application.

Total annual Family Income of the student from all sources must be less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand) only and the income certificate as detailed below has to be uploaded during online application.

The waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only. All other fees will have to be paid by the beneficiary.

Income Certificate

Candidates must submit the ‘Income Certificate’ as per the proforma provided in APPENDIX-4 of this Information Brochure. Download the same and print in duplicate.

The certificate is to be produced during counseling, admission etc. If the certificate is then found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission in TFW category. The system will automatically put him in general category and the facility will be available from 2nd round of counseling onward.

Candidates claiming such seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from either of the competent Authorities as enlisted below. The said Certificate must be issued on or before 31.03.2017.

WBJEE Home Page

Discussion - If you have any query / feedback comment here.


Leave a Reply