The WBJEE Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme was implemented by the Government of West Bengal. The purpose of the scheme is to financially aid meritorious and economically backward students domiciled in West Bengal for admission into universities/university departments, government colleges, and self-financing universities/ colleges offering engineering/ technology /pharmacy/ architecture courses. However, the waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only. All other fees like admission fee, Library Fee, caution deposits, etc shall have to be paid by students. The allotment shall be made strictly based on Merit and Preference only. Also, the student must have applied with their initial application for WBJEE by declaring their family income category. Students can’t apply for availing this benefit under TFW during the registration for e-Counselling.
Eligibility for WBJEE TFW
- The total annual Family Income of the student from all sources must be less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand) only and the income certificate has to be uploaded during online application.
- The student must be domiciled in West Bengal and the domicile certificate has to be uploaded during the online application.
- Submission of Photo-Copy of Domicile Certificate is a mandatory requirement to be considered under this scheme
- Submission of Photo-Copy of Income Certificate is a mandatory requirement to be considered under this scheme.
Selection of Candidates for the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
The selection of candidates for the TFW scheme shall be decided on the basis of merit and preference of eligible students in WBJEEM.
Availability of Seats Under the Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme
For all the government as well as private & self-financing Engineering /Technology /Pharmacy colleges, a maximum of 5% of sanctioned intake per course is available on the supernumerary basis (over and above the sanctioned seats) for admission under TFW scheme. In the event of non-availability of students in this category or in-case of any vacancy created due to non-reporting of any candidate, already selected under this scheme, the seats shall not be allotted to any other category of applicants.
Submission of Income Certificate
Candidates must produce the ‘Income Certificate’ during counseling, admission etc. If the certificate is found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission in TFW category. The system will automatically put the candidate in general category and the facility shall be availed from 2nd round of counseling onward. Candidates claiming such seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from
either of the competent Authorities. The said Certificate must be issued on or before the stipulated schedule.
Procedure for submission of Income Certificate in respect of annual family income in favor of
- Candidates must submit the ‘Income Certificate’ as provided in the Information Brochure or form the or separate link that will be provided on this page.
- The ‘Blank Proforma’ is downloadable in duplicate. Get it downloaded and printed in duplicate on
A4 size paper.
- The Certificate must be filled in properly and duly authenticated/signed by a Competent Authority as
per the list provided here under.
- The Duplicate Copy of the Certificate is to be kept with the Office of the Issuing Authority for future
reference/verification in the matter.
Note: The candidate must retain the original certificate and shall have to produce it at the Reporting Centre
Competent Authorities for the issue of Income Certificate in respect of the TFW Scheme are as enlisted below:
For students from the rural region:
a. An officer of the State Govt. in the rank of Block Development Officer
b. Sub-Divisional Officer
c. Additional District Magistrate
d. District Magistrate
e. Group ‘A’ Officer or Gazetted Officers of similar Rank or higher of State or Central Govt.
For students from the urban region:
a. Assistant Commissioner or above in Municipal Corporation
b. Group “A” Gazetted Officer of State or Central Govt. of similar rank or above
Note: No elected people’s representative like the Municipal Commissioner, counselor Municipal Corporation, any elected member of three-tier Panchayat system or GTA, MLA or MP is entitled to issue such certificates.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.