WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 – The admit card to appear for WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 will be available from May 06, 2020, for all the registered candidates. The same can be downloaded using the direct link on this page below to appear for the JEHOM exam on May 10, 2020. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts Joint Entrance for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT) – JEHOM for admission in HMCT bachelor’s degree courses. It is a state-level exam conducted in pen-paper mode. Check more information on WBJEE JEHOM 2020 like eligibility, schedule, exam pattern, selection process, etc from this page.
Latest: WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 exam approaching, registered candidates can download their admit card for the exam from May 06, 2020 – Know more.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020
WBJEEB does not publish ranks / score list, the result is declared in the rank card form. Refer to the table below for the important dates of WBJEEB JEHOM 2020.
|Start of Online application form||13 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||27 Feb 2020|
|Form correction facility||28 Feb – 1 Mar 2020|
|Admit Card availability||06 May 2020|
|Date of Examination||10 May 2020|
|Results Declaration||05 Jun 2020|
|Counselling Date||to be announced|
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Admit Card
All the registered candidates can download the WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 admit card online at wbjeeb.nic.in. The candidates are allowed to enter the exam center only of they carry the printed copy of the admit card on the day of the exam with valid id proof.
How to download JEHOM 2020 admit card:
- Visit wbjeeb.nic.in and access the admit card download link on the homepage
- The login window opens, therein enter the login details like application number and password.
- Inside the dashboard, candidates can check the link to download the admit card.
- Click on the link and the generate the WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 admit card
- Download and take 2 or more print outs of it to carry on the exam day.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Exam Schedule
Candidates can check the schedule of the examination form below:
- Date: May 10, 2020 (Sunday)
- Time: 11.00 am to 12.30 pm
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Exam Pattern
For better preparation of exam candidates must know the exam pattern. Check the marking scheme, pattern of the exam from below:
Mode of exam – The exam is held in pen-paper mode.
Types of questions – The questions are of multiple choice type.
Total Number of Questions – There are total 50 questions in the question paper.
Medium – The language of question paper is English.
Duration of the exam – The duration of the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Marking scheme – The marking scheme of the exam is as follows:
- For every correct answer, +2 marks are given.
- For incorrect answer, 0.50 (25% marks) will be deducted.
- On no answer, 0 marks are given.
distribution table of section and questions –
Candidates can check further section-wise number of question from below:
Syllabus: WBJEEB conducts the JEHOM exam on the basis of class 11 and class 12 syllabi under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern, important books, it is essential to follow a preparation time table. Check some of the expert tips given below.
- Proper time management: Prepare a time table before starting the preparation. Decide which section needs more time and which section less.
- Check the syllabus carefully: Preparing for any exam pushes the candidates to check the important topics and chapters. So, analyze the syllabus properly.
- Pick good study material: Make sure the books picked up for the preparation of the exam are up to date and have the conepts clearly stated.
- Understand the concepts: Focus that your concepts are clear regarding every topic before appearing for the test.
- Revise: Revision is the key to success so make sure each and every topic is revised till the day of examination.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Important Books
Check the important books given below in order to prepare for WBJEEB JEHOM 2020.
|Guide for Hotel Management 2019||By Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Guide for Hotel Management 2020||By Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Hotel Management Exam Guide||By Learn X||Buy Here|
|NCHMCT-JEE Joint Entrance Exam||RPH Editorial Board||Buy Here|
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must stick to the eligibility criteria which are as follows:
Citizenship: Must be an Indian citizen
Age: Must be at least 17 years as on December 31, 2020
- Must be a 10+2 level examination pass out in regular mode
- Furthermore, must have at least 45% marks in aggregate
- Must be a pass out from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) or any other recognized equivalent board
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates can fill the application form for WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 online at wbjeeb.in. The application procedure involves various steps. These steps are:
Registration: The candidates are required to register in order to procees with filling the application form. Enter the necessary details and complete the registration process.
Note: You must have a working mobile number and also an email ID. Board sents all the future communications to the mobile number and email ID only.
Application Form: Sign in using the credentials sent. Candidates need to fill their personal details like domicile, category, PwD status, home district, family income status, religion, nationality, etc. Furthermore, they have to choose any two zones of exams.
Upload Image: The next step is to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
|Size||03 to 100 kB||03 to 30 kB|
|Dimension||4 cm x 3 cm||4 cm x 1.5 cm|
Application Fee Payment: After uploading the images, as the last step, candidates have to pay the application fee. you can pay it using Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card only. Also, note that the fee is non-refundable. The application fee is as given below:
- Rs. 500
Confirmation Page: On completion of all the steps, a candidate redirects to download the “Confirmation Page”. Hence, it shows that your application is complete.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Exam Centre
At the time of filling the application form, a candidate has to choose the examination zone. The examination zones of JEHOM 2020 is Kolkata-North / Salt lake.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Result
WBJEEB prepares merit ranks on the basis of candidates’ score obtain in the JEHOM 2020 examination. The ranks publishes in the form of General Merit Rank i.e., GMR. Candidates can view as well as download his/her Rank Card individually from the official website. To do so, a candidate needs his/ her application number as well as password. Furthermore, you should know that WBJEEB does not publish any ranks/ score list for the public. The ranking is in the descending order of candidates’ marks in the test. However, there can be ties. So, to resolve this WBJEEB applies tie-breaking rule.
Note: Securing a JEHOM 2020 Rank does not mean a guarantee in admission.
As you know, the board uses a tie-breaking method to resolve ties in the preparation of merit ranks. So let’s know about that method as well as its ten orders of applicability.
- First, board see who has less negative marks in total
- Second, who has more positive marks in English Language
- Third, who has more positive marks in General Knowledge
- Fourth, who has more positive marks in Logical Reasoning
- Fifth, who has more positive marks in Elementary Mathematics
- Sixth, who has less negative marks in English Language
- Seventh, who has less negative marks in General Knowledge
- Eighth, who has less negative marks in Logical Reasoning
- Ninth, who has less negative marks in Elementary Mathematics
- And if a tie still remains then board considers the date of birth of the candidate. The older candidate prefers more than the younger one.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Counselling
The board conducts the JEHOM counselling. It conducts the counselling for admission to full time Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT) course in various institutions in West Bengal. Only General Merit Rank (GMR) holder can participate into the counselling. All the eligible candidates must present physically on the day of counselling with all requisite documents. The board will verify these documents to allot a seat to the candidate. The candidates must carry the following documents:
- A photocopy of JEHOM Admit Card
- A photocopy of JEHOM Rank Card
- Original proof of Date of Birth as well as its photocopy
- Original as well as a photocopy of 10+2 mark sheet
WBJEEB JEHOM Participating Institutes and their Seat Matrix
The number of seats according to the various colleges are gievne below.
|NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur||120|
|Siliguri Institute of Technology||45|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management||60|
West Bengal Joint Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was established in the year 1962 by Government of West Bengal. It is responsible for conducting examinations as undergraduet, post-graduet level. It is the governing authority to impart education via admission in various institutes of West Bengal that offers education is medical, engineering and technology courses. It conducts examination like WBJEE, PUBDET, PUMDET, JELET etc.
WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The duration of WBJEEB JEHOM is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Ans : WBJEEB JEHOM is objective in nature so, there are multiple-choice questions.
Ans : There are 50 questions in total in the WBJEEB JEHOM.
Ans : For the correct answers, +2 marks will be awarded. In case of wrong answers. -1/2 marks will be deducted.
Ans : There are 4 sections in WBJEEB JEHOM namely General Knowledge, English Language, Logical Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics.
Ans : WBJEE JEHOM is conducted in the offline mode which means it is a pen-paper test.
For more information regarding WBJEEB JEHOM 2020 admission, download Information Brouchre
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.