WBNAT/ WBPGNAT 2017 – The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) had released notification for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing programmes for the academic year 2017-2018. WBUHS will conduct the WBNAT 2017 for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course and WBPGNAT 2017 for admission to the M.Sc Nursing course. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding WBNAT/ WBPGNAT 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, selection process etc. on this page.
WBNAT/ WBPGNAT 2017 for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing
WBNAT 2017 and WBPGNAT 2017 is the entrance exam conducted by WBUHS for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing programmes. Details of the WBNAT/ WBPGNAT 2017 exam are given here for all aspiring candidates. Admission will be made on the basis of the results of the WBNAT/ WBPGNAT 2017 exam conducted by WBUHS.
|Online registration||06 Jul to 20 Jul 2017|
|Submission of print-copy of Forms at the office of Controller of Examinations, WBUHS||06 Jul to 21 Jul 2017|
|Print copies will not be received in the office of Controller of Examinations WBUHS in person after 21.07.2017. However, print copies sent through speed / registered post will be received up to 24.07.2017. Provided the banker’s cheque / Demand draft is purchased on or before 20.07.2017|
|Admit Card will be downloaded by the candidate from university website||16 Aug 2017|
|Date of Admission Test||23 Sep 2017|
|Counselling starts from||13 Oct 2017|
3rd Allotment after Counselling for MSc Nursing & Post Basic BSc Nursing West Bengal 2017 has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
A candidate seeking admission through WBPGNAT/WBNAT is required to submit her application online by logging in www.wbuhsexams.in/www.wbuhs.ac.in Application submitted by all other means will be summarily rejected.
Fee for appearing at the test has to be deposited through on-line/off-line. The amount is non-refundable.
- M.Sc. Nursing (WBPGNAT): Rs.3000/-
- Post Basic course for the degree of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (WBNAT) : Rs.2000/
Citizens of India who have obtained the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for the respective courses. In-service candidates of Government of West Bengal has to study carefully ‘The West Bengal Nursing Personnel (Placement on Trainee Reserve) Rules 2009’ (Annexure-III in this booklet) before applying. She has to be sure whether she is eligible for the facilities provided by such Rules. Mere getting qualifying marks will not make eligible for entry for an in-service candidate. Placement on trainee reserve is exclusive prerogative of govt. of West Bengal. State Government decides specific number of trainees considering large number of issues involving in Health Care Delivery System in the State. Such decision of fixing number of trainees is binding to all stake holder.
M.Sc. Nursing: B. Sc. degree in Nursing / B. Sc. (Hons.) degree in Nursing/ Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. (Hons) with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in the above examinations from any Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC). The candidate must have minimum one year of working experience by 30/08/2017 after passing Basic B.Sc. Nursing/ B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing. For candidates with Post Basic B.Sc Degree minimum one year of working experience is required prior or after obtaining the degree of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing. Candidates who have acquired degree of B.Sc/ Post Basic B.Sc Nursing through Distance Education are not eligible for M.Sc. Nursing Programme if the study centers are not recognized by INC. Two years of working experience is required for such candidates who obtained their degree through Distance Education.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing : The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or an equivalent examination (those who have passed 10+1 before 1978 are also eligible to apply), ii) Passed GNM examination and obtained GNM certificate/ RNRM certificate registered by the State Nursing Council of any State of India
Two separate Admission tests will be conducted by the WBUHS for the candidates seeking admission to the M. Sc. NURSING Course and POST BASIC B. Sc. NURSING Course. The question papers for the Admission tests shall be set in English and each shall contain 100 single best response type Multiple Choice Questions.
The duration of the Admission test will be of 80 minutes.
The following is the list showing the approximate number of questions from different Clinical subjects & Non-clinical subjects which will be set in the Admission tests for the following courses:
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (WBNAT)
- Anatomy, Physiology, Sociology, Psychology. Pharmacology, Microbiology, Nutrition, Pathology – 40 Nos. [8×5]
- Foundation of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Obstetrical Nursing, Community Health Nursing : 60 Nos. [6×10]
M.Sc. Nursing course (WBPGNAT)
- Anatomy,Physiology,Sociology,Psychology,Microbiology,Pathology, Pharmacology, Genetics, Administration, Education, Research & Statistics – 40 Nos.
- Foundation of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Obstetrical Nursing , Community Health Nursing – 60 Nos. [6×10]
For both the examination a candidate will be awarded one (1) mark for each correct answer and no mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
Multiple answers will be regarded as incorrect answer.
Qualifying marks for empanelment for selection will be minimum of 35 marks for SC/ST candidates, 40 for OBC (provided new seats are added and earmarked for OBC)candidates and 45 marks for unreserved category candidates.
Merit List of candidates
- The rank of the candidates will be determined on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the admission test in order of decreasing marks
- In the event of more than one candidate securing the same mark, the rank shall be determined according to the following principles:
- The relative position of such candidates in the merit position will be determined on the basis of the number of wrong answers, i.e., the candidate giving more incorrect answers will be placed in lower position in the merit position.
- If the ranks of the candidates cannot be determined by application of the above principle, the candidate older by age will be in the higher rank than the candidate younger by age.
- There will be combined merit position indicating marks obtained and other caste specific information maintained initially which will be used for counselling. However candidate will be able to know her marks, rank position (combine rank and status rank) if eligible marks is obtained from website.
- Reservation for OBC-A/OBC-B if any will be applicable if new seats are added after 30.04.2013 i.e. for increased seat added on or after 30.04.2013. For Physically Challenged candidate horizontal reservation will be allowed. However seats at N.I.O.H, OBC share of seat remain as per GOI Reservation Rules.
- Up to appearing at the written test, no document is verified; therefore mere appearing at examination will not qualify a person for getting admission if she is otherwise ineligible.
For More Details of WBNAT 2017 and WBPGNAT 2017 – Download Information Brochure.