WBPDMAT 2016 is the the West Bengal Post Doctoral Medical Admission Test. WBPDMAT 2016 is conducted by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences at the end of May 2016 for the academic year 2016-19. The complete details of WBUHS DM/M.Ch. Entrance Exam (WBPDMAT) 2016 such as application form submission, admit card, results are given below in this page.
Latest News:- Schedule of 2nd round counselling has been announced. Check the details below.
WBUHS DM/M.Ch. Entrance Exam (WBPDMAT) 2016
Admission to different Post Doctoral Medical Courses in institutions affiliated to “The West Bengal University of Health Sciences” shall be made on the basis of inter-se merit list of candidates appearing in the West Bengal Post Doctoral Medical Admission Test-2016 (WBPDMAT-2016) to be conducted by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) separately for different disciplines of DM and M.Ch. courses.
Schedule for the WBUHS DM/M.Ch. Entrance Exam (WBPDMAT) 2016 is given below.
|Date of Online Registration & Submission of fees||25 Apr to 05 May 2016 (till 2 pm)|
|Submission of print copy of form||26 Apr to 10 May 2016|
|Availability of Admit Card||25 May 2016 (6 pm onwards)|
|Date of Admission Test||29 May 2016|
|Declaration of Result & eligibility list for Interview||08 Jun 2016|
|Date of Interview (M.Ch)||16 Jun 2016 onwards|
|Date of Interview (D.M)||21 Jun 2016 onwards|
|Declaration of Final Result (Final ranking)||30 Jun 2016|
WBDMAT 2016 Counselling
Second Round Counselling – New!
2nd Round of DM/M.Ch Counselling 2016 will be held on 20 Aug 2016 (Saturday) at the campus of the WBUHS. Counselling will be ‘off-line’. Seat matrix will be published at the venue on the same day.
- M.Ch – 11:00 AM
- D.M – 12:00 Noon
First Round Counselling
Schedule for 1st Round of DM / M.Ch Counselling 2016 which was held on 29 July 2016.
Candidates can check the complete information about the WBDMAT 2016 counselling held on 29 Jul 2016 from HERE.
Schedule for 1st Round of DM / M.Ch Counselling 2016 which was held on 04 Aug 2016.
Candidates can check the complete information about the WBDMAT 2016 counselling held on 04 Aug 2016 from HERE.
Candidates are required to bring the following documents in original for verification to participate in the counselling.
- WBPDMAT Admit Card – 2016.
- MD/MS/DNB passing certificate / Provisional passing certificate (for the current year student).
- Registration Certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council.
- MBBS Degree Certificate
- In-service doctors must produce Sponsorship certificate issued by the Government of West Bengal before counseling.
- Course completion certificate from the appropriate authority as relevant as mentioned in the “Information Booklet”.
Candidates intend to appear in Counseling have to deposit Rs. 3000/- (Rupees three thousand only) as ‘Counseling Fee’ by means of “Demand Draft’ in favour of ‘The West Bengal University of Health sciences” payable at Kolkata on the date of the counseling. The bank draft will be returned to candidates who do not get any seat in the process of counseling.
WBPDMAT 2016 Merit List
West Bengal University has published the merit list of WBPDMAT 2016 on their official website. Candidates seeking for merit list can check the merit list on the official website. Merit list of the WBPDMAT 2016 is also available on this page.
Merit List of the selected candidates is given below:
- Final Merit List of the candidates appeared in the IInd round interview held on 27 Jul 2016
- Merit List of M.Ch. Urology – Open Category
- Merit List of M.Ch. Urology – Service Category
- Merit List of DM Cardiology – Open Category
- Merit List of DM Cardiology – Service Category
WBPDMAT 2016 Interview
West Bengal University of Health Sciences had released the list of candidates who had been selected for Interview process as well as the schedule for Interview for various courses. The list of candidates selected for WBPDMAT 2016 Interview is available on the official website of the University as well as here on this page.
Use the direct link given below to check the List of selected candidates for WBPDMAT 2016 Interview.
Check the WBPDMAT 2016 Interviewee list here
Schedule of WBPDMAT 2016 Interviews
In continuation of University notice under memo no. COE/UHS/699/2016 dt. 7.7.2016 and memo no. COE/UHS/700/2016 dt. 7.7.2016 it is further stated that date of interview have been scheduled as following :
- DM Cardiac Anaesthesiology – 27 Jul 2016 at 11.00 AM.
- DM Clinical Pharmacology – 25 Jul 2016 at 11.00 AM.
- M.Ch. Cardiothoracic Vascular Science (CTVS) – 2 Aug 2016 at 11.00 AM
- M.Ch. Paediatric Surgery – 27 Jul 2016 at 11.00 AM.
All intending candidates may inform through email (wbuhs_ctlr) regarding their intent of appearing at the interview mentioning name, registration number, passing of MBBS and MD/MS examination, year of passing MD/MS examination, etc. Candidates who did not appear earlier have to deposit Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) either through Bank Draft in favour of “The West Bengal University of Health Sciences” payable at Kolkata or through University challan available at University office.
Schedule of Interview of eligible candidates – Click here
Clinical Haematology:- Candidates appearing for interview in DM in Clinical Haematology are requested to note that they have to attend at the University premises on 23.06.2016 at 11.00 am instead of 22.06.2016 as mentioned in the schedule.
DM Neonatology:- Candidates appearing for DM Neonatology interview are requested to note that they have to attend at the University premises for DM Neonatology on 23.06.2016 instead of 21.06.2016 as mentioned in the schedule.
Check complete notice about the WBPDMAT 2016 Interview HERE
WBPDMAT 2016 Admit Card
Admit Card / Hall Ticket for WBPDMAT 2016 is issued at http://www.wbuhsexams.in as per the schedule. WBPDMAT 2016 Admit Card will not be sent by post. Candidates have to download the hall tickets from the website http://www.wbuhsexams.in by entering the Login Id & Password. The link to download WBUHS 2016 admit card is also available here for the candidates.
- Admit Card process is over…!!!
WBPDMAT 2016 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission in Post Graduate Doctrol Medical Programmes may have to apply online from the official website http://www.wbuhs.ac.in / http://www.wbuhsexams.in on or before the last date of application. Candidates are avised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling application form. Candidates can also fill their application form from thre direct link provided below. Application must be complete in all respect.
- Application process is over…!!!
Fee for appearing at the WBPDMAT-2016 is Rs 5000 for one discipline and Rs 1000 extra for additional discipline
Fees can be deposited through on-line/off-line method. The amount is non-refundable. The online deposition can be done through net banking or credit/debit card system through an online interface, the link for which will be made available in website of WBUHS in due course. The transaction id thus received should be used by the candidate to complete the procedure of online application. If the payment is successful the candidate will be immediately reverted back to the link for filling up of application.
Steps for filling Online Application Form
- Step 1 – Registration – Candidates will fill up basic details in the form. Identification number will be generated. User Name and pass word will also be generated on screen.
- Step 2 – Log in with user name and password and then change his or her pass word. User name and password must be kept confidential and ready for use.
- Step 3 – Fill On-line application form. Be careful in selecting/writing option/s and put the appropriate data. Mere appearing at the examination will not give right for selection if the requirements in the Information Booklet is not matched/ tallied. Inputs submitted if found incorrect through omission or commission will be viewed seriously and the process of selection will be rejected at any time even after admission.
- Step 4 – (a) Using Identification number, if a candidate opts for the online payment, then generation of payment receipt (via Bill desk) will be available after successful transaction. The online transaction charge will be extra as applicable.
(b) Off line generation e-challan is also available for the candidate as an alternative option. After payment in any branch of United Bank of India throughout the country with the print copy of the e-challan the candidate has to view payment status and get Transaction ID. Payment made by 4.00 pm will be updated on the next day by 10.00 am. For off-line payment Rs. 40/- will be paid for bank charges.
- Step 5 – After confirmation of payment (online instant and offline after 8 pm on the day of payment) candidate will be able to upload his/her photo and signature.
- Step 6 – Take 2 copy prints out of the form. Keep one copy for himself or herself and in the other copy, paste similar photo of appropriate size as mentioned earlier, sign it and then submit to the University by hand or speed post within time frame as stated in the Information Booklet.
Citizens of India who have obtained the requisite Post Graduate Medical degree (MD/ MS from colleges affiliated by the Medical Council of India and DNB in broad disciplines (preferably from teaching institute recognized by National Board of Examinations.)
Applicant is eligible to opt for application in any of the course depending upon entry point qualification in MD/MS/DNB degree owned by the candidate. A candidate may opt for application of another course if entry point qualification permits him//her to do so. Therefore a candidate is able to apply for maximum two courses.
Admission to the Post Doctoral Medical Degree Courses will not be formally completed unless the candidate with PG degree has got himself/ herself registered either with a State Medical Council or with the Medical Council of India.
A candidate who is likely to obtain the requisite Post Graduate Medical degree qualification prior to the date of first counselling may appear at WBPDMAT-2016. S/he will not be eligible for admission unless s/he produces the proof of passing the said examination from a MCI-recognized institution / DNB recognized institution prior to first counselling. (Date, time and venue of first counselling will be notified in the University Website). Further , Open category candidate is to complete three calendar years of training during pursuing MD/MS course on or before 30.07.2016.
Open Category candidate, if selected has to sign a bond for rendering service for three years after completion of training in Post Doctoral Course as notified by Government of West Bengal vide its memo no. HF/O/MERT/923/ME/MISC-78-13 dated 10.06.2014 failing which such candidate will liable to recompense Government of West Bengal a penal amount of Rs ten lakhs for each defaulting years. Copy of such notification is annexed.
In-service candidate working under the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal is eligible to apply for admission to the 40% of seats reserved for Government sponsored candidates in the State Government run colleges vide order number .HF/O/MERT/433/W-43/13 dated 18.4.2013 issued by Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.
Open Category Candidate, who has been pursuing Post Graduate Medical degree courses as mentioned in 2.3 above, is eligible for admission only if he/she completes 3 years training for the PG course on or before 30.7.2016. A certificate from the competent authority is required regarding passing of examination in this regard.
Candidate of any category who has been pursuing any course other than PG Degree course has to obtain certificate of completion prior to first counselling or he/she has to submit resignation letter duly accepted by the appropriate authority prior to the date of first counselling. She / he is to submit such document of resignation. Open category Candidate must complete 3 years Calendar years of P.G. training from the date of M.D/M.S/DNB admission and pass on or before 30.7.2016
Leaving the allotted seat after end of counselling process which culminates losing of opportunity of other candidate next to him/her in the merit list will attract the provision of penalty.
For DM Courses
For M.Ch Courses
Scheme of Examination
Applicant will be provisionally allowed to appear in the WBPDMAT-2016. (Written test) provided he/she has submitted online and offline application in the prescribed form strictly above direction within the last date and has fulfilled the eligibility criteria outlined above.
The question papers [ Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs)] for the Admission Tests shall be set in English .
The question paper (MCQs) for the written test for D.M. / M. Ch. (3 years) Course shall be of 100 marks for 100 MCQs. Filling up forms for DM/MCh discipline/ disciplines depends upon entry point eligibility of MD/MS/DNB disciplines.
Distinct separate question paper for DM and MCh courses will be in Basic Sciences ( Multiple Choice Questions) which will be set from the following disciplines : 1. Anatomy (14 no MCQs) 2. Physiology (14 no MCQs) 3. Biochemistry (15 no MCQs ) 4. Pathology (15 no MCQs) 5. Pharmacology (14 no MCQs ) 6. Microbiology (14 no MCQs )7. Research Methodology (14 no MCQs)
- Two sets of questions will be set with Basic Sciences one attuned to Medicine and the other attuned to Surgery. Distribution of marks are given in the bracket after each subject.
- The total time allowed for written test is 80 minutes
- Total marks for the Written Test will be of 100 marks for 100 MCQs. A candidate will be awarded one (1) mark for every correct answer. More than one response to any question will be regarded as incorrect answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answer or no answer.
WBPDMAT 2016 Result
A provisional eligibility list of the qualified candidates in the alphabetical order to appear for the interview has been published in the University website. Qualifying minimum marks for empanelment for interview will be 50 marks (50%) in the written test.
Check WBPDMAT 2016 Result here:-
Among the empanelled candidates based on merit list, three times of the available seats in both the category (open and service) will be called for interview for each discipline. As there is possibility of a candidate getting places in two disciplines for two options, accordingly additional number of candidate in all such disciplines will be called for interview from the merit list of respective disciplines.
The individual merit position will be published in every discipline on the basis of total marks obtained in the written test and interview taken together
Seats will be allotted on the basis of Merit- cum-Choice through Counselling.(Off-line)
- The roll numbers of the qualified candidates will be arranged in the merit list in order of decreasing marks.
- There shall be a separate panel for open category and in-service category indicating the merit positions for the applicants.
- If any seat is not filled by the “In-service category”, it will be filled by “Open” category and vice-versa.
In the event of more than one candidate securing the same marks in the WBPDMAT-2016 (written and interview), the rank shall be determined according to the following principles:
- The relative position of such candidates in the merit list will be determined on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test of 100 marks; candidate obtaining higher marks in the written test will be placed in the higher rank.
- If the marks obtained in written test by both of them is same, the relative position of candidates will be determined on the basis of the number of incorrect answers, i.e., the candidate with lesser number of incorrect answers will be placed in higher position in merit.
- If the ranks of the candidates cannot be determined by application of the above principles, the candidate older by age will be in the higher rank than the candidate younger by age.
Interview and Counselling for Selection of Candidates for admission
The provisional panel of names of candidates qualified in the written test as well as the date, time and venue of interview will be available at the http://www.wbuhsexams.in (This website has direct link with main University Website: http://www.wbuhs.ac.in ). No information will be sent to individual candidate in this regard.
Candidates selected for admission through process of counselling must get themselves admitted by the specified date mentioned in the offer letter.
The candidate appearing at interview and subsequent counselling will have to bring the following documents in original along with attested copies of all relevant documents:
- WBPDMAT-2016 Admit Card
- MD/MS/DNB certificate/ Provisional passing certificate*
- Registration Certificate issued by MCI/ State Medical Council with inclusion of PG Degree
- School leaving certificate as proof of age
- Eligibility (Sponsorship) certificate from Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal for getting sponsorship for in-service doctors.
- Course completion certificate from appropriate authority as relevant
- Identity proof (any one of the following):- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) /Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card/ Passport. Candidates without original documents shall not be allowed to appear in the interview.
*At the time of interview, candidates whose result for PG courses are not yet published. should bring an authentic document in respect his/her passing out Exit Examination (2013-16). But at the time of first counselling he/she must fulfill the requirement as stated in clause 2.3 before appearing for counselling.
Candidate selected for a Post Doctoral seat will be required to sign a bond for completion of tenure of the course, failing which he/she will be required to pay penalty for the default (i.e. non completion of the course) as specified in the relevant Government Order.
All students will execute and submit the bond in the office of the respective Head of the Institute immediately after second counselling or before 15.09.2016 (whichever is later).
If a candidate resigns the selection/residency after second counselling, he/she will have to pay the penalty.
For more detail of WBUHS DM/M.Ch. Entrance Exam (WBPDMAT) 2016 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.