WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Through RAT 2020 – The West Bengal University of Health Science has conducted RAT (Research Aptitude Test) for admission in the PhD programmes. The online application form is available at wbuhsphd.applythrunet.co.in. Eligibility criteria for applying the WBUHS PhD is PGdegree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or its equivalent Grade ‘B’ in UGC 7 point scale. To get admission into full-time PhD programme candidates needs to register them self for written test i.e Research Aptitude test. Candidates get here the complete details like application form, eligibility criteria and test scheme regarding WBUHS PhD Admission Through RAT 2020 form this page.
Latest: Online application form has been available for WBUHS PhD Admission 2020. Scroll down to apply!
WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Through RAT 2020
Eligible candidates are invited for online registration to full time/part-time research leading to Ph.D. Degree of the University. Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the University and go in for specialization at a later stage while choosing the topic of research for registration for Ph.D. Candidates can check the below-provided importnat schedule for upcoming events.
|Availibility of Online Application Form||14 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit Application Form||14 Mar 2020|
|Document verification before Entrance Exam||17 to 19 Mar 2020|
|Announcement of shortlisted Candidates to appear in|
Research Aptitude Test (RAT) & Exempted candidate list
|21 Mar 2020|
|Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2020||06 Aor 2020|
|Notification of result (RAT) 2020 in website||To be notified|
|Notification of provisionally selected candidates for|
Interview / Viva-Voce will be displayed on the Website
|To be notified|
|Publication of provisionally selected candidate list for|
|To be notified|
|Notification for Provisional admission in PhD program||To be notified|
|Online Registration in PhD Program under WBUHS||To be completed within one|
month of admission
WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Application form 2020
Interested candidates for Ph.D. programme under WBUHS can apply online for Research aptitude test which is available at wbuhsphd.applythrunet.co.in. The application form is available in online mode only. The process of online Application has been commencing from February 14, 2020. Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the university and go in for specialization at a later stage. while applying for eligibility test candidates must ensure that they are satisfying the eligibility terms. *Candidates with National level fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF, DST Inspire Fellowship etc. are exempted from taking the above test.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online application form for WBUHS Ph.D. Admission 2020.
How to Apply the WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Application form 2020?
Applicants, first of all, check their eligibility criteria before filling the application and then follow the important instruction to applying the online application form. The following step to fill the application form us given below:
Step 1: Candidate shoud visit at wbuhsphd.applythrunet.co. and then open the ‘Registration to fulltime/part-time research leading to PhD Degree of the WBUHS, for 2020 sessions’ Click on it.
Step 2: After, clicking in the highlighted section ‘Registration’ for session 2020. Then open the ‘Apply Section’ and click to apply the application form.
Step 3: If you are already registered then click on “Log -in” or you not registered so, click on the “Sign Up” section and fill the complete application form respectively.
Step 4: Download the Application Form after the successful submission of the fee. Take Printout of the Application form, put signatures at the bottom of the form and attach the following:
*Copy of award letter, if any, pertaining to NET‐JRF of CSIR/DBT/UGC/ICMR, DST Inspire etc.
After the candidates have downloaded the application form it should be sent to Registrar, WBUHS, Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2020, (through speed post/registered post/in person) so as to reach before the scheduled closing date.
WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility rules as specified in the notification shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstances. Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfill the eligibility requirements prescribed for the admission
- Conditions of Eligibility: Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program should have a Masters Degree or a Professional Degree recognized as equivalent to the-
- Masters Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent Grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (Or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- Candidates who have obtained Master’s degree or equivalent Post Graduate degree recognized by corresponding regulatory bodies in various disciplines of Basic Sciences, Medical Sciences, Dental Sciences, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Nursing, Paramedical, and Allied Health Sciences as stipulated above.
- Qualified in the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2020 conducted by this University. Or
- National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC / CSIR /DBT/ICMR / DST or State Level Eligibility Test or Fellowship awarded by the Central and State Govt. Departments/Agencies approved by competent authorities. (The validity period of any of such qualifications are counted for granting admission).
- MPhil Degree by research and thesis recognized by UGC: Candidates who have passed the MPhil Program with a minimum of Grade ’B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
Relaxation of Marks: A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/differently able categories of candidates as per the decision of the University/State Government from time to time.
Exemption from Research Aptitude Test:
Candidates for the Ph.D. program shall be granted registration through an Entrance test conducted by the University. The following categories are exempted from qualifying Research Aptitude Test (RAT) conducted by the University.
- Those students who qualify UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, and Research Fellowships of Central or State Government Departments/Agencies as approved by the regulatory bodies, as the case may be.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship
- Candidates with DBT/JRF.
- The MPhil Degree shall be in the discipline concerned in which the applicant is seeking registration and degree should be obtained from a UGC recognized institution / University.
- *MPhil Degree holders seeking registration for Ph.D. shall be required to qualify Research Aptitude Test (RAT) in case registration is sought in a different discipline other than that specialized at PG / MPhil Degree levels respectively.
- *For candidates pursuing Ph.D. Program, there is no scholarship/grant or any other pecuniary support from the University
WBUHS Ph.D. RAT 2020 Admit card
The admit card for RAT-2020 will be available in online mode on the official website, only those candidates who have filled and submit the application form on time will be able to download the admit card. Candidates should carry the admit card on the day of examination as you will not allow taking the test without the admit card. Admit card shall be containing the important details like candidates’ registration-no, Name, exam date, time, exam center details.
WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Through RAT 2020 Test Scheme
The test comprises of two parts–
Test- I The Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2020 will be of one-hour duration and will carry a Maximum of 60 marks. The question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to Research Aptitude. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. No negative marking for the wrong answer.
Test-I will comprise of the following components and number of Questions.
- Project Skills: (10 questions in total) 20 marks
- Basic Statistics: (10 questions in total) 20 marks
- Basic Sciences: (5 questions in total) 10 marks
- General Awareness Social, Community & Environmental issues: (5 questions in total) 10 marks.
Test- II : Interview / Viva-Voce comprising of 40 marks.
Candidates are required to discuss their Research interest/Area through a presentation. Postgraduate level knowledge of the subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate. Interview/Viva-Voce based on the Subject of Research with relevance to the candidate. Test-II will comprise of the following components:
- Research Proposal: 30 marks
- Interview: 10 marks
Note: Only candidates who qualified in Research Aptitude Test and candidates of Exempted category will be called for Interview / Viva-Voce.
Syllabus for Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2020
Methods of scientific query, literature survey, study designs, clinical trials, writing research proposals, academic writing skills, simple presentation techniques, ethical issues pertaining to humans and animals.
Statistical tools, sample size calculation, measures of central tendency and dispersion, percentage, range, confidence intervals, tests of significance, p-value, standard error of mean, tests of comparison, sensitivity, specificity, parametric and non-parametric tests (Chi-squared analysis, Pearson correlation, Student’s T-test), Analysis of variance and covariance, familiarity with statistical software packages e.g. SPSS, SAS
Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry in normalcy, basics of Genetics, basic laboratory investigations and imaging tools, basic principles of management of diseased states, nursing and rehabilitation measures.
Social, community and environmental issues
Epidemiology – prevalence, incidence etc., communicable and non-communicable diseases, emerging health issues, environmental related health, demography, and demographic variables, family planning, social aspects of health, Nutrition Indices, BMI, body circumference, skinfold thickness.
Shortlisted Candidates for Interview/Viva
After the successful conduction of RAT-2020, WBUHS will release the list of candidates who are eligible for the interview/viva. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Interview/Viva. Candidates who have applied for the Ph.D admission 2020 can check the list of eligible candidates for Interview /viva from the site or from the direct link, which will be provided here.
RAT 2020 Result
The final list of Provisionally admitted candidates for Ph.D. will be declared after the successful conduction Interview/Viva. A separate list for shortlisted candidates will be declared on the official website. The list selected will be decided on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidates in the Interview/Viva. Candidates can check the list from the official site or a direct link will be provided here on this page.
Official Website: wbuhs.ac.in
For more information regarding WBUHS Ph.D. Admission Through RAT 2020 – Download Official Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.