WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 – West Bengal University of Teacher’s Training, Education Planning and Administration (WBUTTEPA) will release the notification for B.Ed programme soon. Admission into 2 year B.Ed programme is done on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examinations. The candidates who havbbe completed Graduation or Post-Graduation with minimum 50% marks (55% for candidates who have done Bachelors’ Engineering & Technology) from a recognized university can apply for B.Ed course. Admission is granted after the conduct of centralized online process. Check more details about WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 from this page such as eligibility criteria, admission process, seat intake etc.
Latest: Currently, 4th Phase of Centralized Online Admission to B.Ed programme for the session 2020-22 (self-financed colleges) is going on.
WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021
Note that 10% of the seats shall be reserved for self-financed colleges and 10% of the seats shall be reserved for the Department of Teacher Education, WBUTTEPA (David Hare Campus) for the deputed teachers of Class VI – XII. Check the important dates for WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 given below.
|WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021||Dates|
|Release of notification||to be announced|
|Availability of application form||2nd week of Jun 2021|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of Jun 2021|
|Subject wise merit list||4th week of Jun 2021|
|Admission in colleges||Jul 2021|
WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for admission into B.Ed course offered at WBUTTEPA, the applicants must fulfill the eligibility conditions given below.
- The candidates must have done Graduation in a school subject from a recognized university
- All those candidates with minimum 50% marks either in Bachelors’ degree (General) or in Master’s degree school subjects can apply
- The candidates who have done Bachelor’s in Engineering & Technology with Science or Mathematics with minimum 55% marks or any other qualification as equivalent can also apply.
- 5% relaxation will be done for SC / ST / PwD candidates. In other words, these candidates need minimum 45% marks in the qualifying exam to apply.
What are the School Subjects? The school subjects of teaching are those which have been specified in the New Curriculum of WBUTTEPA. The applicants must have at least one school subject at Graduation level as a main subject. Check the school subjects list.
- Computer Science
- Fine Arts
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Political Science
- Home Management
- Food & Nutrition
WBUTTEPA B.Ed 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill WBUTTEPA 2021 application form releases online at wbuttepa.ac.in. The application form process consists of 2 steps.
Enter the personal details such as applicant type, category, gender, district, preference etc. Then, enter the academic details. Further, enter the personal details and upload the documents. After the submission of the application form, take a printout of the admission receipt for future reference.
Application Fee: The application fee is applicable only for self-financed colleges
Amount as per last year’s details
|GEN / OBC – A / OBC – B||Rs 600|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 350|
Mode of payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using net banking / credit card / debit card / other payment modes.
WBUTTEPA B.Ed 2021 Admission Process
Admission in B.Ed course is done as per the marks obtained in the qualifying exam and according to the norms of the university. Maximum marks for different level of examinations shall be as follows:
|Madhyamik / Equivalent exam||20|
|Higher Secondary Examination||20|
|BA / B.Sc / B.Com / BBA / BCA (General / Pass)||20|
|BA / B.Sc / B.Com (Honours)||30|
|B/E / B.Tech||30|
|MA / M.Sc / M.Com / MBA / MCA||30|
|M.Phil 5 score to be added directly|
WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 Selection Process
The Centralized Online admission process for admission into B.Ed course comprises of the following steps:
- Filling of online application form
- Submitting preferences of colleges
- Payment of application fee
- Display of merit list preference / subject-wise
- Admission of the students by respective colleges
WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 Merit List
After the submission of online application form and counselling, the university prepares WBUTTEPA B.Ed merit list. The merit list specifies the rank of the candidates. It can be checked by choosing the subject, application type (fresher / deputed), district and college name. The merit list specifies the details like the name of the subject, type of candidate, application number, application name, category. Merit lists are released separately for fresh and deputed canddiates.
The candidates whose names appear in the merit list have to submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Application form
- Class 10th exam admit card and passed mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheets of all semesters
- PG mark sheets of all semesters (if applicable)
- SC / ST / PwD / OBC -A / OBC – B certificate
- Photo id card
- Application form
- Release order from the Headmaster / Headmistress / TIC at the time of joining of class
- Attested copy of MC resolution with regards to his / her deputation
- Certificate from the Competent authority whether the candidate teaches in Class VI or above
- 3 passport size photograph
- Deputation form duly filled in
- Joining letter
- Appointment letter
- Photo id card
- Class 10th admit card and passed mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet of all semesters
- PG mark sheet of all semesters
A certificate with the following information is to be submitted from the Secretary or Headmaster/Headmistress (where he/she is serving) and counter signed by the D.I. of Schools of the District concerned
- Certified that the school is in receipt of aid on full / deficit / lump sum grant basis or that school in unaided or salary deficit scheme one
- Certified that he / she is duly approved teacher
- Certified that he / she is being deputed by the school for undergoing 2 year B.Ed course
WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 Fee Structure
Check the fee structure given below for B.Ed course.
Amount as per last year’s information
- For Self-Financed Colleges: Rs 75,000 per year
The West Bengal University of Teacher’s Training , Education Planning & Administration has come into existence by Act of West Bengal Legislature, 2014. It is one of the biggest university and it is affiliated with 457 colleges. This is the first university in India that is set up by any state government specially for training teachers.
It offers B.Ed and M.Ed courses. It find out ways and means to identify and monitor the implementation of innovative courses in teacher education at UG and PG level. It also initiates and materialise quality research in teacher education and international standard.
Official Website: wbuttepa.ac.in
FAQs on WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021
Ans. WBUTTEPA B.Ed Admission 2021 process is expected to start in June 2021.
Ans. The candidates who have done Graduation with minimum 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree (General) / Master’s degree in the school subjects are eligible to apply for B.Ed at WBUTTEPA.
Ans. The duration of B.Ed course is 2 years and can be completed in 3 years from the date of admission into programme.
Ans. Admission in B.Ed course at WBUTTEPA is offered according to the merit of the qualifying examinations. The marks in the following exams are considered: 10th class, Higher Secondary, Graduation, Post-Graduation, M.Phil (if applicable).
Ans. Yes, deputed teachers from recognized Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools of West Bengal can apply for B.Ed course.
Ans. 10% of the seats are for self-financed colleges and 10% of the seats are for Department of Teacher Education, WBUTTEPA (David Hare Campus).
Ans. The merit list is prepared according to the details submitted through online application form. The merit list are released separately for fresh and deputed candidates as per each school subject.
Ans. The medium of instruction of B.Ed course is English / Bengali.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.