WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018 (CAT) for B.Tech Admission will be conducted by the L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga. Admission will be granted to 4 years of B.Tech. program in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) and Bioinformatics (BI) and 3 years Master of Computer Application (MCA) program for the academic session 2018 – 19. Get here complete details of WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018 from the article given below.
WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018 (CAT) for B.Tech Admission
Students will have to take the CAT-2018 to Qualify for admission in WIT Darbhanga. Interested and eligible candidates are able to apply for CAT – 2018 from the official website i.e. witlnmu.ac.in or the direct link will also be provided on this page when officially released.
Schedule for WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018 (CAT) is given below:
|Submission of online application form||09 April 2018 to 14 May 2018|
|Last date of online application form||14 May 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||Released|
|Date of Entrance Exam||24 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||11 Jun 2018|
|First Counselling||26 Jun 2018 – General Category
27 Jun 2018 – Reserved Category
Candidates selected in the merit list of CAT-2018 have to appear for the counseling for Admission to WIT Darbhanga with the required original Certificates and Documents. A notice regarding second counselling and admission for B.Tech Program IT and CSE is given below:
Click here to check Extension of Approval (EOA) for AY 2018-19.
Documents required at the time of Counseling
- Original mark sheet, Certificate of Matriculation/Board/Equivalent Exam.
- Original mark sheet, Certificate, Admit card of I. Sc./+2/Equivalent Exam.
- For Admission to MCA program Original Mark sheet, Certificate, Admit card of recognized graduation degree and certificate of DCA wherever applicable.
- Original Migration Certificate (wherever applicable)
- College/School leaving Certificate (Original)
- Character Certificate from the head of the Instruction last attended.
- Original Caste Certificate (For reserve category students only)
- Residential Certificate.
- Photocopy of Certificate in respect of candidate claiming seat under university ward quota/NRI quota.
- Combined Admission Test Admit Card of CAT-2018 (Original).
B.Tech in Information Technology(IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) and Bioinformatics(BI) is open to all girl students having:
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized University/Board/Council either with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) for IT/CSE/EEE/BI or with Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Mathematics (PCB/M) for BI only with at least 45% (40% for reserved category) aggregate marks in PCM/PCB.
- Passed in English at 10+2 or equivalent level.
Lateral Entry to B.Tech. in Information Technology(IT) and Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is open to all Girl/Women students having :
- Passed Diploma examination in a relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology.
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
PG course in Master of Computer Application (MCA): for academic session 2018-19 is open to all Girl/Women students:
- Having a recognized 50% (45% for reserved category) marks at the graduate level
- Having passed in mathematics as one of the subjects at the +2 level of the 10+2 pattern/International or equivalent Examination.
- Having Hons. Degree in subjects other (BCA) graduates are also eligible for the admission.
Note: Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in the Combined Admission Test (CAT- 2018) however if selected their admission will be subject to passing the qualifying exam with minimum qualifying marks as mentioned above at the time of admission.
The application form will be downloaded from the official website of WIT (www.witlnmu.ac.in) or the direct link will also be provided on this page. After filling of the application form it will be sent by speed/registered post before the last date of submission. The institute shall not be responsible for non-receipt/delayed receipt of application form by post due to postal delay or any other reasons.
Application Fee: Rs. 1000/-
Hall Ticket to all valid/eligible applicants will be dispatched by Registered/Speed Post, in case a candidate fails to receive her Hall Ticket due to postal delay or any such reasons, she would be provided the Duplicate Hall Ticket for which she is required to report at W.I.T., one day before the day of admission test (CAT) along with a copy of passport size photograph, photocopy of duly filled in application form and proof of the postal dispatch/receiving of application form.
Entrance Exam Pattern (CAT)
The duration of CAT-2018 will be of 2 hours 15 minutes containing total 150 objective types Questions (for both B.Tech and MCA). There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
For admission to the first year of B.Tech program, CAT-2018 will be of 3 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
For admission to the second year of B.Tech through Lateral Entry in CSE and IT programs of Engineering the CAT-2018, if held (subject to the adequate number of applicants), will be of 3 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
For admission to the first year of MCA program, the CAT-2018 will be of 4 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Analytical ability and Logical Reasoning||50|
The University reserves the right to fix minimum qualifying marks for a candidate to be declared successful at the Entrance Test. No application/correspondence shall be entertained for re-evaluation or re-totaling of qualifying papers of CAT.
Merit list of Combined Admission Test (CAT-2018) has been prepared by the L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga. Candidates are able to check the merit list from the official website i.e. witlnmu.ac.in or direct also provided on this page for the sake of candidates.
|B.Tech in Information Technology||60|
|B.Tech in Computer Science & Engg.||60|
|B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engg.||60|
|B.Tech in Bioinformatics||60|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA)||60|
Reservation of seats for permanent resident/native/domicile of Bihar shall be made as per existing rules of Govt. of Bihar.
|Schedule Caste (SC)||16%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||01%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||15%|
10% seats are reserved under NRI/Payment quota seats. 5% of seats are reserved for wards of permanent employees of Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga (wife and unmarried daughter), Ward Certificate from Employer and affidavit of the employee must be enclosed with Application Form.
Candidates belonging to reserved category and selected under General category will not be treated/ counted under reserved quota.
Official Website: witlnmu.ac.in.
For more information about WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam 2018, Download Information brochure.